AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
3/5

The value and the profile are good for these powders. However, with the two flavors I tried, they had a very artificial aftertaste which ruined the experience for me. I would not buy it because of that personally, but everyone has different taste buds.

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
4/5

Special thanks to TheFugitive and BPI sports for giving me these awesome samples to try.

In the Best Protein line I have been given Chocolate Brownie and Vanilla Swirl.

I will say that I fell this a strong solid Protein blend. It was extremely easy to go down with no clumping or mix-ability issues. The 25g per serving is a fair amount and with BPI I trust that its a real 25g per serving. I actually enjoyed the taste wether mixed with water or skim milk. Its not the absolute best protein I have ever had which is why I gave it 4 stars and not 5. That being said I find no issues with the flavor. I have nothing bad to say about this protein except I wish it had some brownie bites floating in it. Oh well. I give BPI Sports Best Protein a solid thumbs up!

D3platinum

D3platinum

Awards
4/5

Tried Vanilla Swirl and Chocolate Brownie, out of the two I will stick with Chocolate Brownie. Sincerely more of a vanilla fan but on this one Chocolate Brownie has a really tasty deep, rich chocolate and a hint of brownie. Mixes just fine for 10 oz and 25 g protein, third party tested and taste great. Normally go with skim milk for all my shakes but even tastes just as good with almond milk for instance. Exceptional protein and flavoring from BPI.

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
4/5

Mix ability- Perfect. no clumps is 8 oz of water
Flavoring: I have the Chocolate flavor and its a very mild chocolate taste. Not the best tasting but also not the worst.
Pricing: decent price for it being a majority isolate protein.

nfmejia0486

nfmejia0486

Awards
Thanks to TheFugitive for sending me out some BPI samples. I tried Best Protein Chocolate Brownie and Vanilla Swirl. I really loved both to be quite honest. I mixed them each in cold water as I believe that's a better test for the validity of a protein (any protein can be mixed in milk). They each mixed extremely well in just 8 oz of cold water. As for flavoring it was not too strong at all. The chocolate brownie my wife and daughter each took a sip as we're actually looking for a new position for my wife and I. They both loved it and were surprised it was mixed with water and not my usual Fairlife milk so that says a lot my opinion. Vanilla Swirl tasted phenomenal as well and after taking one sip I thought I'd try it with one scoop of my powdered PB too and just wow! All I can say is mixability, protein amount in each serving, flavor and all is amazing in this Best Protein. So much so that I literally just ordered 2 jars from Bodybuilding. Thanks again BPI and most importantly TheFugitive for the chance to sample and review.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
2/5

Chocolate Brownie:
I mixed my sample with the directed 6oz of water to assess per the recommendations. The flavor is very rich, almost creamy, chocolate. It's not especially strong even with the small amount of water. A very creamy or fudgey milk chocolate flavor. Definitely not too sweet either, almost closer to the sweetness of a dark chocolate or cocoa.

I then proceeded to mix in more water as I always drink my shakes with more (minimum of 12oz). This was a mistake as the flavor was almost completely nonexistent in this amount.

Overall I was excited for the potential this had upon the initial smell and creaminess but was subsequently let down by the underwhelming flavor and sweetness that I had hoped for. I would rate this as a bottom notch chocolate in comparison to some of the others out there. Definitely not a favorite of mine and not one I would purchase.

vanilla swirl:
I went with (cashew) milk instead of water for this one. 1c of milk with 1 package.

This mixture came out very thick and creamy. The texture was spectacular, as I would have expected after the creaminess of the chocolate. Unfortunately, the flavor was almost non existent. I'm a huge vanilla fan and wanted something with a nice, sweet, flavoring but unfortunately it was barely strong enough to taste over the natural flavor of the cashew milk. Basically made a slightly sweeter version of the cashew milk. The vanilla flavoring was more of a scent-initiated perception than a true taste. I tried adding a little bit more water to try to dull the cashew milk taste but this just dulled the entire mix even further and I pretty much just chugged it after this.

This, honestly, was far more disappointing than the chocolate. Many vanillas are light in flavor as its not a particularly overpowering flavor to begin with but this was nearly flavorless. This would again go at the bottom of vanilla proteins for me.