Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
5/5

Taste

Vanilla - I used this mixed in Greek Yogurt and topped onto rice cakes, the lighting throws off the color on the rice cakes but i found that when making sludge this is the easiest way to monitor taste due to the greek yogurt being plain and unflavored. This vanilla is very rich with the cake batter touch to it, It reminds me of the new scivation whey with a touch of extra sweetner and flavoring to boot, and that could come with the extra calories that are in the formula. Overall Controlled Labs did a job well done with a very basic flavor that is very hit or miss on the market in Vanilla. Getting down a simple flavor expands the line for good flavoring and good selling.

Chocolate - Someone hungry for Pancakes? i am shocked at how well the flavoring shined in this, I just mixed with complete pancake mix, baking power, a few eggs/egg whites, almond milk, and SF/FF Vanilla Pudding Mix and BAM cakes galore. Very fluffy and very dense which packed great mositure. The powder is very thin so it works very well as far as baking goes, and the flavor reminds me of a small hot cocoa/swiss chocolate mixture. This was a little different than a normal chocolate or rich chocolate, but this was a great flavored product

IMO the Vanilla > Chocolate and i am a chocolate guy at heart

Mixibility

Both products no problem mixing, very thin powder, had no problems in greek yogurt, and it mixed very easy in the pancake batter when utilized. NO debree or clumps.

Formula

4g Fat
4-5g Carbs
23g Protein

Not bad at all for a decent Blend

Price

I am unsure because it is unreleased but i figure around 35$ or so for the 4lb tub? I will have to wait and see what the reps will say when the release date gets further advanced.

Overall

A very versatile and thin protein powder that has a good taste. CL has been known for good flavoring in their products (Green mag i think is spectacular) and they did it in a protein product which will help expand their line. The mixibility showed 0 problems, but the cost factor will be a major debate. Due to protein not really being a product that makes $$ for companies its more of a marketing scheme due to the increase of raw materials recently and having this on their line will draw more consumers towards the CL line especially with the CL Labels and trading them in.
A good formula, but the macros may draw people away, but overall i give this a thumbs up

fumoney

fumoney

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
5/5

I bought this during nutraplanet sale and tried both flavors this week.

1- no joke about clumps. It mixes with ease. I keep a funnel in my car since I tend to mix on the run in a bottle of spring water a lot. (such as deer park) With other protein, it usually clumps somewhere. Bottom of bottle, top of bottle near the mouth or floaters in between. With about 10 seconds of vigorous shaking, it mixes smoothly with absolutely no clumps.

2- The powder is not as fluffy as most protein and slides down smoothly into the bottle in a small funnel. It usually stops on the way down with most protein and I always have to find something to jam it down with. (Pen, straw, tire gauge,.....)

3- I mix 2 scoops with about 12 oz of water and the taste is unreal. It is not as thick as most protein and not overly sweet. The vanilla tastes like a vanilla shake. Best vanilla flavor I have tried bar none. Being a chocolate fan, I was anxious to try the chocolate flavor. The whiff of scent as I unsealed the bottle gave me a preview of amazing things to come. Kind of like hot chocolate mix like the solution said. It tastes like chocolate milk. An awesome chocolate milk. Best whey protein flavor I have ever tasted.

4- No whey breath or aftertaste at all.

I am an now a huge fan of Pronom 23. I can't imagine using anything else. I rushed to Nutraplanet site to get 4 more tubs - 2 vanilla and 2 chocolate. Amazing job with this protein powder Controlled Labs !!!

fumoney

fumoney

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I bought this during nutraplanet sale and tried both flavors this week.

1- no joke about clumps. It mixes with ease. I keep a funnel in my car since I tend to mix on the run in a bottle of spring water a lot. (such as deer park) With other protein, it usually clumps somewhere. Bottom of bottle, top of bottle near the mouth or floaters in between. With about 10 seconds of vigorous shaking, it mixes smoothly with absolutely no clumps.

2- The powder is not as fluffy as most protein and slides down smoothly into the bottle in a small funnel. It usually stops on the way down with most protein and I always have to find something to jam it down with. (Pen, straw, tire gauge,.....)

3- I mix 2 scoops with about 12 oz of water and the taste is unreal. It is not as thick as most protein and not overly sweet. The vanilla tastes like a vanilla shake. Best vanilla flavor I have tried bar none. Being a chocolate fan, I was anxious to try the chocolate flavor. The whiff of scent as I unsealed the bottle gave me a preview of amazing things to come. Kind of like hot chocolate mix like the solution said. It tastes like chocolate milk. An awesome chocolate milk. Best whey protein flavor I have ever tasted.

4- No whey breath or aftertaste at all.

I am an now a huge fan of Pronom 23. I can't imagine using anything else. I rushed to Nutraplanet site to get 4 more tubs - 2 vanilla and 2 chocolate. Amazing job with this protein powder Controlled Labs !!!
Pictures of how well it mixes.

4oz water, then 1 scoop vanilla + 1 scoop chocolate, then 8 oz of water.
(no shaking)
image-3516227215.jpg

After 10 vigorous shakes
image-2337908113.jpg

After 40 additional vigorous shakes
image-2695402446.jpg

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That's pretty awesome mixability there. That shaker cup looks awfully familiar. :)

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Lol, I have that same shaker cup. I'm good on protein for a while, but once I'm not I'm going to give this a whirl.

fumoney

fumoney

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That's pretty awesome mixability there. That shaker cup looks awfully familiar. :)
Yeah, absolutely no powder or clumps after 10 seconds of shaking. It was really nice.

fumoney

fumoney

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Lol, I have that same shaker cup. I'm good on protein for a while, but once I'm not I'm going to give this a whirl.
I think you will like it Geo. I was a fan of Protean, but I think I like this thinner protein better. It was really more like chocolate milk than chocolate shake and I didn't feel bloated.

Cary K

Cary K

Awards
5/5

I got a change to log this protein. I received the chocolate flavor.
Taste 9/10 Both my wife and son (5 years old) have tried and liked it. They said it tastes like chocolate milk.
Mixability 8/10 Mixes better in water than milk IMO. I too have used it to make pancakes/waffles with
Protein matrix formula 8/10 Perfect blend of different proteins
Overall 8/10 I did have a few clumps when mixing it with milk but really one of the best mixing protein powers and GREAT taste!!

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I got a change to log this protein. I received the chocolate flavor.
Taste 9/10 Both my wife and son (5 years old) have tried and liked it. They said it tastes like chocolate milk.
Mixability 8/10 Mixes better in water than milk IMO. I too have used it to make pancakes/waffles with
Protein matrix formula 8/10 Perfect blend of different proteins
Overall 8/10 I did have a few clumps when mixing it with milk but really one of the best mixing protein powers and GREAT taste!!
I agree....it is an excellent overall protein. Love it as well

testomonsta

Awards
I put my original review up on nutraplanet's store. they didn't lie about the mixability, it's crazy how there's not a single clump. Also, the shaker I got with the bogo deal was sick (the one picture above in a previous post). Flavor is super good too, especially when mixed with skim or almond milk. Personally, I always add cinnamon or a banana which makes it even better.

thr33x

thr33x

Awards
  • Established
5/5

WOW had a sample of this from controlled labs thanks buy the way! and it was fantastic! no clumps as the label said but you know how every protein says that this one actually had NO CLUMPS! but thats not even the best part! it tasted freakin awesome! man i cant wait to buy a full tub! or two!

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
4/5

Tried 2 sample packs of the chocolate cupcake batter. Tasted great, mixed great (used it in 1 cup greek yogurt) no clumps at all, mixed a lot thinner than i thought it woudl too since it is a blend. Macros are a little higher in fat than other proteins but not overly so. It is a high quality blend and really enjoyed it, top notch stuff once again.

KingLeonidas9

KingLeonidas9

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
4/5

I had a bit of a problem mixing PROnom 23 in the shaker with the shaker ball and milk. Mixed great, did have 2 fingers of foam when I was done shaking, some residues on the sides.

Smelled like Chocolate Ice Cream to me.

Tasted good, nothing out of ordinary or better than other chocolate proteins. But it IS damn tasty!

KingLeonidas9

KingLeonidas9

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thank you AE! If it wasn't for your I wouldn't had the chance to try it!

dkgreene88

dkgreene88

Awards
  • Established
I had the chocolate cupcake flavor!

first off, the taste of this was off the chain, it tasted more like a simple chocolate than a chocolate cupcake though! I really enjoyed it I have to say! The protein was one of the best for mixability and smoothness. I took two scoops per shake. There was absolutely no clumps and none of it stuck to the side of my shaker. My girlfriend also enjoyed this protein which is very rare.

the last thing of note is that there was no bad taste or bad breath afterwards. I really liked that!

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
4/5

Okay so I have heard some bad things about them switching to coconut oil from sunflower oil so I put it to the test.First off let me say clumping is no issue as advertised if you put the suggested amount of water*8 ounces per serving*As for the profile....if you're contest prepping I would move more twords an isolate of some kind.For off season and the average gym junkie it's damn near perfect!Especially for women.Iron and calcium:)The vanilla cupcake flavor is best used with cereal or oatmeal.The chocolate flavor is the one you can drink for days.I can see myself ordering these again.My only problem with these is the damn 4 lbs trend.What in the world is with that?I like the old 5 lbs standard.The price is okay and well worth the taste.

My views on the taste are if you loved the old flavor....this shouldn't have changed it that much.I'm also a big fan of coconut oil so that's also a plus.I would like to see cinnamon swirl flavor and something with peanut butter.Really interested on what they can do with the flavors.

jcmelton

jcmelton

Awards
4/5

Got a 1/2 serving packet of the Vanilla Cupcake Batter. Not going to be able to report on gains or effects from a one try of any whey protein. However, I can report that the flavor of this was very good. It smelled and tasted just like cake batter to me. My son's (5 yrs old) smelled it and said it smelled like ice cream. I mixed the powder with approximately 5 oz. of water in a shaker cup and it did not clump or leave too much unmixed in my cup. Took it down in a few drinks to really get the taste and it was easy on the pallet. If you have a sweet tooth, you can't go wrong with this protein flavor.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
5/5

Vanilla - It is similar to a creamy vanilla icing that one would put on cupcakes. It mixes perfectly and the macros are great. It is very versatile and can be used as a shake, in oatmeal, or for baking purposes.

Chocolate - It is similar to the small cartons of chocolate milk you'd buy in elementary school for lunch. I am not a big fan of chocolate, but did not mind this at all.. It mixes perfectly and the macros are great. It is very versatile and can be used as a shake, in oatmeal, or for baking purposes.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Vanilla - It is similar to a creamy vanilla icing that one would put on cupcakes. It mixes perfectly and the macros are great. It is very versatile and can be used as a shake, in oatmeal, or for baking purposes. Chocolate - It is similar to the small cartons of chocolate milk you'd buy in elementary school for lunch. I am not a big fan of chocolate, but did not mind this at all.. It mixes perfectly and the macros are great. It is very versatile and can be used as a shake, in oatmeal, or for baking purposes.
Thanks for the reviews today, Ant. Ha, and nice comparison with the boxed chocolate milk! I haven't baked with chocolate yet. Vanilla makes some good muffins and waffles though.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks for the reviews today, Ant. Ha, and nice comparison with the boxed chocolate milk! I haven't baked with chocolate yet. Vanilla makes some good muffins and waffles though.
The vanilla is awesome for a topping as well. It can be used as an icing for pancakes, cupcakes, cinnamon rolls, etc. Either use a small amount of greek yogurt, milk, almond milk, or water!