Mr. Hyde (40 servings)
- 07-27-2013, 08:34 PM
- 5'5" 180 lbs.
- Join Date
- Jul 2013
- Rep Power
- Lv. Percent
I've purchased and tried at least 10 preworkouts out there. Some were pump-based (stimulant free or under 200 mg of caffeine) with ingredients such as L-arginine and nitric oxide precursors, while others such as Jack3d, are known as ultra concentrates (usually high amounts of stimulants). My body responds very well to stimulants so the latest preworkout before Mr. Hyde which I thought were good were Biorhythms' SSINJUICE and DS' CRAZE, which both contained a generous amount of stimulants. To ensure that I get the best out of my money, I cycled off stimulants for 1 week before trying my first scoop of Mr. Hyde for validity purposes.
1) INITIAL IMPRESSION (Price/Solubility/Taste): Usual price for 40 servings tub was around $35 at bodybuilding.com, but I applied a coupon and got the 40 servings tub for $30. It's averaged priced for a pre-workout I'd say since its basically a little under $1 per serving. Lets start off with its solubility when mixed in water. Within 5 shakes inside a shaker bottle, the pre-workout completely dissolved. No chunks falling to the bottom or foam bits on top or anything of the sort. Second was the taste test. I ordered the orange guava flavor and let's say that was hands down the best tasting flavor for a pre-workout EVER. I was quite astonished by it since it reminded me of Kool-aid.
2) EFFECTIVENESS (Focus/Pump/Ingredients): Pre-workouts when taken on an empty stomach, are way more effective so I waited 2 hours after my meal to ingest the powder. Within 15 minutes, the kick settled in gradually as my face began to heat up due to the 2.5 g of beta-alanine per serving. I like the heat rush underneath my skin, so if you are one to be irritated by this "side-effect," then maybe this product is not for you. The pumps were intense and amazing! Please note that I'm a very experienced stimulant user, so I'm meticulous with my comments for I've tried many products in my 4 years of lifting. It greatly boosted my muscular endurance and allowed me break through my strength plateaus. My dead lift and bench press max increased by 20 lbs by then time I used up all of the Mr. Hyde. While I was on this product, it was very hard for me to leave the gym because the pump was so good, that I literally had to prevent myself from adding like 10 more sets to the entire workout. Only about 20% of the days I'd workout, did I not feel completely full and fiendish. Let's jump into ingredients. There are 3 different types of caffeine within the caffeine matrix totaling up to a whooping 419 mg per serving which is pretty high! The different types of caffeine sets in at different rates resulting in a clean pump and steady rate of sustained mental focus. Usually when there's high amounts of one type of caffeine like in the 5 hour energy shots, you experience the jittery effects because it all hits you at once. I tend to have a clear state of mind even after the workout without crashing. The strength matrix is one interesting combination consisting of: beta alanine (2.5 g which makes up the bulk of the 5g matrix), L-citruline malate, L-leucine, creatine HCL, and agmatine sulfate. Please note that other than the beta alanine, none of these other ingredients meet their clinical dosages to be optimally effective.. All ingredients in this matrix are legit, but not really in their small amounts per serving respectively. Also these ingredients do not cause you to experience any acute effects , meaning that the beneficial effects of supplementing with them does not set in right away, rather only when you supplement with them on a continuous basis over time such as creatine and beta alanine do you begin to notice the gains. Agmatine sulfate is a potentially powerful neurotransmitter and is actually a pretty expensive ingredient known to be in some test boosters such as the Ronnie Coleman series Testogen XR. Its properties include potentially increasing the body's own production of leutinizing hormone, which stimulates the production of testosterone ultimately. In terms of a preworkout, it can help greatly with helping one to establish an enhanced mind-muscle connection nutrient transport. The intensity matrix contains a unique blend of cognitive enhancers.
3) OVERALL (Aftermath): Price rating is average with a little leaning towards the cheap end since it's still under $1 a serving. Tastes amazing. Works very well with no crashing. For advanced stimulant users ONLY. I would not recommend this to people who are caffeine sensitive or people new to working out. Definitely would purchase again. The hype for Hyde is real since it does work. PROCEED WITH CAUTION!
Similar Forum Threads
- By Ari Gold in forum Product ReviewsReplies: 1Last Post: 12-15-2013, 04:50 PM
- By Ari Gold in forum Product ReviewsReplies: 0Last Post: 08-23-2012, 11:46 AM
- By Ari Gold in forum Product ReviewsReplies: 0Last Post: 08-23-2012, 09:46 AM
- By AaronTech in forum Supplement AuctionReplies: 0Last Post: 04-19-2008, 07:55 AM