Prodigy

PrepNwa23

PrepNwa23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
4 out of 5 rating for Prodigy

Prodigy is PNI's new preworkout. Providing plenty of energy, nice pumps, and great taste. I used the blueberry flavor and have to say it delivered. Profile is complete with ingredients like Citrulline Malate and Agmatine. The stim effect is noticeable and clean, no noticeable crash from taking this. Would recommend this to anyone looking to try a different preworkout.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/208927-preps-becoming-prodigy.html

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
3 out of 5 rating for Prodigy

Ok first of all I have the blueberry flavor. The first day I took it, it tasted like medicine to me. When I opened the container I noticed the powder had a lot of chunks in it. I weighed out the exact dosage for one serving. Within about 15 minutes I started to notice beta alanine tingling all over and very strong, like I had double dosed some ba. I decided to use this for cardio days as it seems to have a strong endurance related formula. It mixed well in a blender with 16 oz of water. At the gym while doing my cardio the tingles got even stronger and I seemed to sweat more, but didn't notice much else. This was Tuesday 8/28/2012.

Now today (8/30/2012) was another cardio day. This time I also walk home from the gym.
This time I weighed out exactly 1.5 servings. Also this time I shook up the bottle before opening and I also broke some of the chunks of the product up before weighing it out. Today I didn't feel the beta alanine tingles but I did feel energy but it wasn't like your typical energy boost from a pre-workout product. It was more like it was there when I needed it kind of energy. When I got to the gym I didn't feel it till I started my cardio. I was able to push myself harder and get my heart rate up higher for a longer period of time. It felt like my legs had their own engine and all I had to do was start and they would continue for me. I just kept going and going and pushing and pushing. Cardio was a breeze. Even on the walk home they energy didn't let up. I even felt like I wanted to run and this was after an hour long cardio session. I didn't run though because my knees can't take that. I sure walked home fast though. It took me half the time it normally takes to walk home. Still now I can tell the energy is there. I will be sticking to this product for my pre-cardio. The only thing I don't really like about this product is it did seem to give me a bit of gas/stomach trouble for a little while after I took it. Nothing too bad, but noticeable.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Have to post an update because I didn't take it today. I can tell a huge difference in endurance today. As in, there is a lot less of it without taking Prodigy. I had energy all day from this stuff. Taking it again tomorrow for more cardio!. I love this stuff!. I would take it everyday but I want it to last longer.

JonRubio

JonRubio

Awards
  • Established
Have to post an update because I didn't take it today. I can tell a huge difference in endurance today. As in, there is a lot less of it without taking Prodigy. I had energy all day from this stuff. Taking it again tomorrow for more cardio!. I love this stuff!. I would take it everyday but I want it to last longer.
Same problem I have! I'm running alpha mine right now and it says not to combine other stims with it so I'm not. There's a huge difference when you take prodigy and you don't.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It has to be the COP in it because that is the only ingredient I haven't taken before in the formula. Well except for Cymbidium Goeringii Extract and D-glucurono-3,6-lactone. Sure I've taken a few sample sizes of maybe one or two pre workouts that had it in it, but not nearly enough to actually get any kind of effect from it. Thanks for the good size doses PNI!.

howwedo107

howwedo107

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
5/5

Personally I have used many many many pres in my day...everyone from MT and BSN and all the little companies well I finally had found my perfect pre...well almost perfect, and that was craze mixed with hemavol...only problem was it made me crash so hard about an hour after the gym I would get grumpy and just did not want to be bothered...I eventually learned to take 1/4 scoop of craze post workout to help bring me down slower...it got expensive lol...Along comes PNI Prodigy, and I was skeptical at first but after reading the ingredients and trying 1 full scoop, I was blown away...I had pumps that lasted a good 2 hours after the gym and focus that was fantastic! I really wish I could of wrote a review before becoming a rep for PNI because you would see that im not just being bias.

Pros: Energy,Focus was amazing and NO crash
Pumps were crazy... they almost hurt on arm day lol
Taste was not bad at all with 6oz water

Cons: BA tingles may not be everyones picnic but they do go away and I personally enjoy the feeling because it feels like my pre is doing something

JonRubio

JonRubio

Awards
  • Established
It has to be the COP in it because that is the only ingredient I haven't taken before in the formula. Well except for Cymbidium Goeringii Extract and D-glucurono-3,6-lactone. Sure I've taken a few sample sizes of maybe one or two pre workouts that had it in it, but not nearly enough to actually get any kind of effect from it. Thanks for the good size doses PNI!.
Yeah the COP works wonders and this is why I use this. Very generous doses of effective ingredients.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Today I didn't feel it as much. Still had plenty of endurance but it didn't seem as strong. I shook up the container before taking a serving again. I don't think it all mixes up evenly because today I felt the BA was stronger but with less endurance. Last time I had less BA tingles and had more endurance. Also this time I had much more concentration effects. Felt tunnel vision experience for the first time on this for about 15 minutes after drinking.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
5/5

Ok I am no stranger to Pre Workouts, and my experiences have been vast in this area. First of all one thing I have to say first for Prodigy, is that it's a basic and simple product, with one of the most effective formulas in the market, showing that simplicity is often key for greater achievements.

I had the pleasure to log a full tub of Prodigy, my experiences can be found here for further info and more detail:
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/208459-pni-arrives-guns.html

Now as for my final impressions on it:

Energy: 5/5

Reason I say this it's because it has the needed amount of Caffeine Per Scoop to get you out of bed. The fun doesn't stop there, prodigy comes packed with 1 key ingredient also, Orchidlean a novel ingredient that aside from being a powerful and clean stimulant, helps with:
-Focus
-Vasodillation
-Indirect Support of Thermogenic Effects
This kind of Ingredient is what set PNI aside from most companies, reason being is that they show and have the will to innovate and bring forth new tools for the development of our bodies.
The energy provided by their combination is rather CLEAN and SMOOTH, with it's added benefit being that I suffered NO crash from it at all even at times where I used 1.5 scoops. On a side note it also helped to have a positive upbeat and mood, and it did make me sweat like a little sweeney on the way to the slaughterhouse.

Vasodilation: 5/5
This is one of the most important roles of a Pre Workout, and IMO it is the job of "Sanity-check, Mental-support" why do I label a mere pump like that? Because we get often frustrated when we see no results in the mirror...specially when we are in action. Prodigy has a way of making you release your inner beast in front of the mirror when working out, helping lazy veins pop up and say "HI WORLD!" and it delivers muscle fullness and skin-tearing pumps that are something to be seen to be believed. Their origin? Quite simple! Citrulline Malate, Orchidlean and Agmatine Sulfate, 3 ingredients that in combination have shone in the Vasodilation arsenal Prodigy brings to the table.

Taste: 5/5
Blueberry...oh blueberry...I cannot say I have had the pleasure of trying a new brand of preworkout and liked it...until now! I was real skeptical since I saw the combination of ingredients and thought..."I've had Beta-Alanine and agmatine sulfate powders before...and they taste like...WOOF!!!" But to my surprise the flavoring delivers: It says blueberry because it does taste like BLUEBERRY! and that's a first...I remember once trying another brands drink...and it was "Peach Punch"...well it tasted like "P1ss Punch" , Prodigy however is like taking a chilled giant blueberry and sucking it dry of its delicious and fresh taste. Kudos on this, taste is wonderful.

Mixability: 5/5
Mixed immediately, no foam, no clumps and no residue stuck to the bottom of the shaker cup!

Endurance: 5/5
Again, couldnt go wrong here! COP+Beta Alanine+Creatine Di-Malate+Agmatine sulfate+Citrulline Malate...this just means a perfect and more efficient workout, with the help of better NO production and added the saturartion of creatine and beta alanine stores in the muscle, COP and Citrulline malate come in to deliver the endurance and strength boosts one needs to break PRs! True you won't break PRs EVERY SINGLE DAY on the gym, BUT you will have a much more efficient workout and more chances of doing so on Prodigy!

For even more detail check the log to get more Day to Day updates and even YouTube Videos done for the Log including: "In Action" videos at the gym, and detailed comments made my Yours Truly about the might of this amazing Pre-Workout.

To PNI , Chad and Ricky...You made an amazing product here :) I am glad I was able to log it and very thankful for it!

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Wow some good reviews for this I will have to get my hands on some!

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
4/5

I had a 3-day trial with Prodigy to give a quick glimpse into the first impressions. Not going into numbers as it wou;dn't be relevant this short but here's the review:

DAY 1 - Chest/Tricep
DAY 2 - Shoulders
OFF
Day 3 - Legs
Routine: BMF Phase 2 (4 sets, 12-15 generally), 30min treadmill @ 7.0, 0% incline.

-I had the watermelon flavor which has the common pink color you see with powdered products. Doesn't stain my hands or shaker cup - always a plus. Flavor was weak, tried different concentrations of water with it but just doesn't hold the tastes I'd like to have. It would go really good to mix with another synergistic product!
-Reviewing the breakdown on the label, the profile is stacked. It looks like a winner with all the right weapons one looks for in a pre-workout energy boost. I have never used creatin-o-phosphate and only recently learned of it. Very excited to see how it affects my lifts.
-Played around with variability in timing and food intake as to effect and onset. It's best to not eat within 1 hour prior to taking Prodigy for the full onset to occur. It only takes about 20-30minutes before BA tingles come in and respiration opens up.
-The most noticable and desirable effect Prodigy has to offer is the reserve energy tank it creates when going for the last rep. Especially in a "train to failure" format Prodigy delivers to bring in the one more rep to pass that barrier. This has to be my favorite part of the three day crash course was how my reps always came in the high end of the range. It does feel as if I tapped into some hidden reserve fuel cell for the right moment when needed.
-I've been running a few miles post workout and the sustained drive to move forward continues on. It took a few minutes to pass my initial lack of desire to run but once I got going I could have run forever.

-Day 3: Legs. Now I'm starting to notice the minute connections I have developed mind-to-muscle with my legs. Focus in on my lifts became crystal clear. Can't say my attention was undivided by the workout but the heightened awareness to the FEEL of my body was golden.

All said and done: it was a nice week with Prodigy. Recommended for the short term breakout energy taps to get those extra reps you've been stalling on. Training programs such as 5/3/1, DC, or any low rep/high resistance format would greatly benefit from this. The formula is versatile to any athlete or fitness fan. I do which it had a little more flavor but that's minor compared to what I loved about it. Will invest in the future!!!!

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Did 40 grams today. Feel kind of strange today. Took it at 10 am. Now its 3PM and I feel kind of "out of it". So I'm not sure if I'm just crashing, tired or what. Still good stuff, but maybe I over did it a bit.

JonRubio

JonRubio

Awards
  • Established
Did 40 grams today. Feel kind of strange today. Took it at 10 am. Now its 3PM and I feel kind of "out of it". So I'm not sure if I'm just crashing, tired or what. Still good stuff, but maybe I over did it a bit.
How many scoops is that?

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Feel much better now but I was shaky just 2 hours ago at 3PM. I went to lay down and read a magazine and noticed the magazine was shaking a bit in my hands. Wasn't freaked out at all though, just didn't expect that.

JonRubio

JonRubio

Awards
  • Established
A flat scoop has 300 mg of caffeine!!

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oh, oops, didn't realize that. I still love it though!. You would think I would be freaking out with all that caffeine!. Plus the serving size is 1 "rounded" scoop or 15.5 grams. Three servings would be 46.5 grams. I weighed out 40 grams exactly. So I'm not sure how much caffeine in that much but from the sounds of it that is a lot.

Cary K

Cary K

Awards
5/5

Got a chance to log Prodigy for about 3 weeks. Here is my review of it...

Energy/Focus: 9/10
This was through the roof each and ever time I took it. I am pretty stim tolerant but it gave me clean energy especially since I started waking up at 5am and in the gym by 6am. Also love the whole body tigle from the beta-alanine.

Pump: 9/10
The pump was one of the most noticible effects next to the energy and focus. The slogan is so true when they say you will have skin tearing pumps.

Taste: 8/10
I had the blueberry flavor. With most PSO's I've had, they did not taste ANYTHING like the flavor in the label but Prodigy did.

Mixability: 9/10
Mixed with ease. I put in a shaker bottle with the wisk ball but all I did was swish it around for a bit and it was mixed-no clumps at all.

Overall: 9/10
PNI has hit a homerun in the PWO market! Prodigy is my favorite PWO now, I'm sad to see the bottom of the tub. I highly recommend this to anyone who is looking for the ultimate PWO

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
I wanna thank HowWeDo for the samples of Prodigy! I do not know the flavor but... Yea haha.
I got 3 servings of this... First day I dosed 1 serving... When I got them they were clumped up due to no preserve pouch. Still effective tho. The flavor to me I couldn't tell. Wasn't to fond of it Tbh but it could also be part of it being clumped up. It wasn't bad tho just flat. Seemed to mix up well... Which is a plus... I hate stinking grains. Within 15 minutes it hit me... A smooth energy came on but what I did notice was how pumped my biceps got. They looked like HowWeDos.... Now I know his secret ;-) anyways...
Today I took 2 scoops... The energy kicked in fast and wasn't overbearing, the pumps kicked in hard for shoulders. Focus was on point and my endurance increased... I pumped 250 for 3 in military press.... Something I havnt done in a long while. 2 scoops is def my sweet spot.
I didn't get too much out of a couple samples... So I will be purchasing a tub to give a full out review. This will be continued...

Mack411

Mack411

Awards
5/5

Ok,so I've found a new must have in my stash.I enjoyed this product so much and will continue to use it in the future without a doubt!

Energy/focus:
The energy I got from this was amazing.Gave me that got to go now feeling,can't wait to get to the gym!The focus was some of the best I've ever experienced without a doubt!Clean energy,and the mental drive and focus were insane.Broke some prs using prodigy.

Pumps:
I had some great pumps while using prodigy.I never used it with any other preworkout,as I felt no need.Arms got so pumped it hurt some days.Was having pumps in muscles I wasn't even focusing on for the day.

Mix ability/taste:
I had the blueberry,and loved the taste to the point where I still crave the flavor.It mixed very well even in little water,I usually mixed with about 8oz. Of water,no residue or particles whatsoever.

Overall:
I love prodigy,as I said it is a must have in my stash now.It was consistent every single time I used it from first dose to last scoop.I never once had to use more than one level scoop,and I'm a stim junkie!i did get the beta tingles from it,which I personally love.Some may not but I know it's time to go when they hit!PNI really hit it out of the park with this one!Good job and thanks for a great product!

PREracing25

PREracing25

Awards
  • Established
Pretty simple to say that prodigy is amazing. The blueberry is fantastic. Taste is great. The focus you get from prodigy is crazy. I had no jitters. Only thing was the BA tingle but it was friggin great. The pumps where fantastic. Prodigy rates up there with some of the best PWO. Any body wondering if they should try out prodigy or anything PNI I'm telling you hands down give them a chance. You will be surprised.

totalpackage

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I am still hoping to get a sample of this preworkout to try out before I buy. If I try a sample and it
works for me I buy it. An example of products that I received samples to try and they worked for
me and I bought them are Muscle Marinade, D-Stunner, Speed Xtreme, Amphetalean, Craze, Beast Mode,
and that's just a few and now preworkouts that I received samples that really didn't live up to the hype
NO-Xplode, C-4, Shock Therapy, Super Pump Max, Xtreme Shock, and N.O. ShotGun.

AlexErdellan

AlexErdellan

Awards
  • Established
5/5

I've tried A LOT of pre-workouts. Assault, jack3d, Neurocore, c4, N0 Extreme, Juggernaut, HemoRage and probably others.

Prodigy is the best, but the most hardcore.

The stimulant effect is pretty intense and the pumps can hurt while doing squats, but if you are looking for a great PWO this is it. All my lifts increased when on it, and it made all my muscles get pumped and solid even at a high BF%.

hossjob

hossjob

Awards
  • Established
These reviews are awesome and spot on. I've noticed many of these things.

1. Frist and foremost, the pump is amazing and it lasts for a long time. The pump stays with you for a long period of time, whihc I've never experienced.
2. As one of the reviewers said, the energy wasn't crazy, but it was THERE when I needed it. I liked that. When I was young, I used to like the jacked/high strung feeling. Now I don't. I like to feel focused and I like to feel like there is a "reserve" there if needed and that's the type of energy I get.
3. Endurance - This stuff lasts and with the COP/BA/Citrulline I feel like I could train longer/harder. The "energy/stim" effects seems to last longer than most pre workouts and with no crash, but the combo of the other ingredients makes me feel as if I"ve eaten more carbs than I have throughout the day. I just feel like there is more in the tank and the pumps are much greater than the norm.
4. NO CRASH. I get cranky when I get "stim crashes" and I just don't have time to be cranky with being a teacher, father of 2, head baseball coach, prep coach. I have to be on so when I have experienced crashes I HATED it.
5. Taste. Taste is good. I like it. It has a little bit of an aftertaste, but I like it. I can't describe it. Don't know if "acidic" is the right word for it, but I think it's enjoyable.

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Guys, reviews don't count when you reply to the thread. They only count if you click the Add A Review link on the main (non mobile) site.

drseuss6969

drseuss6969

Awards
  • Established
Just learning about PNI i ordered vanilalean but i would of picked this up if i new about it the reviews are crazy

hossjob

hossjob

Awards
  • Established
drseuse, when you are getting low, just order Prodigy. You wont' be disappointed. Today I used a scoop at 5:30 AM for arm training and I was still feeling energized from it around noon.

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
4/5

This pre is a little heavier stimmed compared to what I usually use but it really helped me bust through leg day hitting a pr after a crappy night's sleep.

The pumps were nice and full and the endurance factor was really good.

Flavor was good enough, I don't care too much about flavor though.

All in all I would buy this, and will be picking some up in my next nutra order. I'll be adding this to my regular pre on days where I really need an extra stim to get moving, but will stick with lower stim for my daily.

hossjob

hossjob

Awards
  • Established
^^^ That's great to hear. Usually when I find a stim like this - that's heavy hitting - it makes me feel like crap. Prodigy doesn't. What I like to do with products like this, that hit me harder and make me feel great, is use them on days when I'm really tired or use them for LEG DAYS! That's when you know a product is working.

bmftisftw

bmftisftw

Banned
Awards
5/5

5/5

Taste- kinda tart, like koolaid that you didnt put enough sugar in, but was still very tasty!

Mix- mixed with a spoon and damn no floaties or **** on the bottom. good deal.

Performance - Amazing subtle energy, was clean. I even waited an hour after taking it too hit the weights with 20 mins of cardio after. was good stuff and lasted me for as long as i was at the gym. Had a sick pump too!! I also recovered well between my sets, i stayed focused and was able to push through everything. Took 1 scoop today.

Thanks ricky for the samples!!!

howwedo107

howwedo107

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
^*^ thank you brother hard to believe this stuff is only 26$ on NP :)

bmftisftw

bmftisftw

Banned
Awards
youre practically giving PRs away at that point haha !! :D

hossjob

hossjob

Awards
  • Established
It does mix great! I've never pushed a product that I do'nt believe in at the gym I train at. Usually when I've recommended a pre workout a handful of folks would try it and like it. With Prodigy, I haven't spread the word nearly as much because most of my training has been at 5AM when no one is tehre, but I've turned a couple young guys onto it and it's blowing up at the gym I train at. Just more validity that Prodigy rocks.

totalpackage

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
5/5

First off I would like to thank Ricky from PNI for remembering me and sending me out a couple of samples of watermelon flavored Prodigy to try out. I had contacted him back in October and he was going to send me out samples but a huge storm came through call Sandy and everything kind of got screwed up but I kept reading good reviews about Prodigy and was wondering would I ever get a sample to try out myself before I buy it but a few months passed so I kind of forgot about it, but 2 weeks ago I received a small yellow envelope and low and behold it had 2 samples of Prodigy in a zip lock bag straight from Ricky's personal stash which I thought was real cool because I do this all the time for people and I actually just did this a few days ago with someone I help with training and supplements and I gave him a sample of D-Stunner and Craze from my personal containers so it was nice for someone to do it for me which I appreciate.
Now to my review first off I mixed 1 serving in a shaker cup with 6 grams of citrulline malate, 3 grams of
beta-alanine, 1 scoop of Flud and about 20 ounces of water and it mixed up perfectly with nothing floating around. The flavor was watermelon and that's exactly what it tasted like a tart watermelon flavor which tasted fine to me but actually when it comes to preworkout powders I really don't care about the taste because JP8X from Diesel Nut. is one of my favorite preworkout
powders with 1,3, and has to be the worst tasting powder out there and if I can handle that taste I can handle ANYTHING.
Now for the most important part the effectiveness
of Prodigy and one thing about the this product the energy comes on gradually you won't feel it in one bang like some other preworkouts that hit hard and fast but then die in the middle of your workout. I am going to quote what someone else said in their review "it is a reserved energy that is there when you need it" and when you do a lot of strip sets, giant sets, and supersets like me this is a perfect preworkout for me and the recovery between sets is also enhanced by this product. Now in comparison to Craze the focus is not as extreme but it is enough to put you in the zone and the recovery between sets again comparing this to JP8X which for me at 2 scoops will have me doing a set and I am ready for my next set in seconds Prodigy a little more time between sets but still excellent with recovery between sets and these are 2 things that I look for in a good preworkout powder.
I don't really make a big deal about a pump because I add 1 gram of agmatine to my powders or if I am using a cap stim I use 1 scoop of Hemavol but I purposely did not add agmatine to it to see how my muscles would respond and yesterday on my first back exercise I did chin ups with wts. on a belt and I ended up doing strip sets dropping 10lbs on each set when I finished my 5 sets my back and lats had a full pump as if I just finished my complete workout and it was only the beginning of my back attack so for all you pump fans this one is a winner.
In conclusion of this review I have to say Prodigy is probably one of the top preworkouts without
1,3 (I love 1,3 products but use it sparingly) to come out since Craze that will really have a positive impact in your workouts. I am definitely putting Prodigy on the top of my supplement shopping list for the next time I shop and I know I mentioned that I don't care about flavor but Blueberry sounds interesting.
Thanks again Ricky and like my review headline says PNI Prodigy was worth waiting for.

howwedo107

howwedo107

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks bro that was a great review :) very detailed and I appreciate it!

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
4/5

Thanks to Ricky for hooking me up with a few samples, I appreciate it.

I was given 2 flavors, one tasted like watermelon, the other berry. It has a pretty solid ingredient list. What I look for in my prewo's now is the stims. I'm against 1,3D. I love the stim for the first few weeks but I end up feeling like crap after a while from it. So it's hard for me to find a good prewo without 1,3D that can still pick me up.

Prodigy definitely did that. I felt a good rush of energy after about 10-15 minutes. By the time I hit the gym a half hour after ingestion I was ready to rock. I didn't feel jittery whatsoever and the energy level was maintained throughout the session. I don't train for aesthetics or a 'pump' but I did notice on my upper body day that I was fairly swollen from it. My lats felt like wings and my chest felt inflated.

My only issue with prodigy was the taste. I'm picky about tastes though. The base of it tasted how it should but it had a slight after bite to it..almost like a bulk supplement would have a bite or bitterness. It wasn't terrible though and I intend to buy this product at some point.

Other than that, it mixed well in 16oz of cold water and went down smooth. No bad side effects whatsoever. This goes into my top 3 preworkouts (Condense and Hemavol will be the other 2)

Luke_PNI

Luke_PNI

Awards
Thanks for the great review sean! Glad Prodigy did you well. I get the same feeling with my upper body and love it ! Feel free to ask any of the PNI team any questions you may have about diet, training and of course supplementation. Keep doin work !

Russianog

Russianog

Awards
5/5

My Background:
I've been pretty reliant on stim heavy pre-workouts and was not able to taper off before submitting this review. This review is based of using the PWO 3 times so far.

Taste:
Flavor sampled: Watermelon
Initial taste was delicious but come 3 seconds later is this awful aftertaste. Not the worst i've ever tasted but it's definitely noticeable and can easily turn you away if taste is a big issue to you. For myself, taste is a luxury. As long as the product delivers, I could care less about a ****ty 1-2 minutes of taste. I have read other reviews on this product and they didn't mention the aftertaste which makes me think it's somewhat individual dependent.

Pump:
The pump was great, it wasn't too much but rather perfect, lasted through out my entire workout. Perfect feeling of Fullness

Strength/Endurance:
Strength and endurance both went up. I feel like the previous pre workout I was on was having little to no effect on me besides the pump. This allowed me in the 3 days i've used it so far to hit 2 new PR's.

Mixability:
Mixes extremely well. Because of the aftertaste, I like to use it in the Shot method, so 2-4oz of water and down it in 2 gulps. No residue left behind, no clumps, no grit.

Focus/Energy:
This is one of my top pre-workouts when it comes to delivery in terms of energy and focus. The come up is VERY Smooth and clean, it levels out and lasts for a good hour and a half to two hours. So clean that it feels like there are no stims. Definitely nice to have a PWO that isn't dependent on Caffeine or 1,3 despite their effectiveness. This definitely measures up. There is no crashing afterwords and I feel great for the rest of the day. With my previous PWO, I would intake, and not be able to fall asleep for 4-5 hours after. With this, I'm able to get my work out done effectively, come back and fall asleep (My schedule demands it). The BA tingles are perfect. IDK if it's due to my built-up resistance to it from the previous workout but it's a slight tingle sensation and not overbearing. Aggressive workouts but calm and collected. Focus was great on getting reps done and reaching those goals.

Overall:
Price is great! Because I don't rate a PWO based on taste, I have to give this a 5. Will definitely be buying again (trying blueberry next) assuming the rest of this month goes well. Any changes and i'll update this review with my thoughts and opinions.

Luke_PNI

Luke_PNI

Awards
Thanks man for the awesome review. Glad you enjoyed it like I knew you would. Cant wait for you to get the Thermadex and Paragon. Keep us updated on how thats working for you as well. Keep killin it man !

hossjob

hossjob

Awards
  • Established
Great review. I do notice the aftertaste. I describe it as bitter, but I don't mind it at all, in fact, the longer I use it, I actually am starting to enjoy the after taste. Interesting you say it lasts for 90-120 minues. I've noticed the life of the stim/focus effect lasts well into the 3-4 hour range with no crash.

Russianog

Russianog

Awards
Keep in mind i'm walking into Prodigy straight from heavy stims, i'm trying to adjust scoops and find the sweet spot. I kill myself at the 90-120 minute mark and it is afghan, by the time i make it back to the tent, i play an hour of cards, lay down, post some ****, and pass out haha

It's also probably related to me not being able to judge the focus after 2 hours because i'm back in my tent. No crash regardless of the timing however, which is really nice, i got grumpy before when i crashed in the middle of something.

Luke_PNI

Luke_PNI

Awards
I wanted to mention that I think it would be a good idea to take a break from stims when you told me the amount of jack3d you were taking and weren't feeling anything. Just lookin out for you man.

Russianog

Russianog

Awards
Yeah i'm off heavy stims for awhile lol, a good long while

Luke_PNI

Luke_PNI

Awards
ha ! good idea ! ;) Dont let that keep you from pushing forward though, keep rockin it !

determinator

determinator

Awards
  • Established
3/5

got a sample bottle of this..not a fan of this type of pwo..hate tingles with a passion.. i can usually take my pwo's at work to help keep me focused when coffee doesn't do it, felt extremely more irritable which was great in the gym but not at work lol.. with other pre workouts i don't feel tired at all..with this one i felt i was concentrated but eyes were heavy and i woke up feeling great from a full nights sleep..overall gave it a 3 because it does what its suppose to and had decent pumps just not for me, but when lifting my feet and hands felt sooo weird i couldnt even finish my workout..i like raw natural enery not the tingly bugged out feeling..i;ve been experimenting a lot with pwo's and this is not on my list to alternate with..