Prodigy
Prodigy

Manufacturer:

PNI

Price: $39.99

Rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars, based on 16 total reviews.
Rated: 4.5 out of 5 Read all 16 reviews

Submit New Review

Prodigy

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.

4/5

Thanks to Ricky for hooking me up with a few samples, I appreciate it.

I was given 2 flavors, one tasted like watermelon, the other berry. It has a pretty solid ingredient list. What I look for in my prewo's now is the stims. I'm against 1,3D. I love the stim for the first few weeks but I end up feeling like crap after a while from it. So it's hard for me to find a good prewo without 1,3D that can still pick me up.

Prodigy definitely did that. I felt a good rush of energy after about 10-15 minutes. By the time I hit the gym a half hour after ingestion I was ready to rock. I didn't feel jittery whatsoever and the energy level was maintained throughout the session. I don't train for aesthetics or a 'pump' but I did notice on my upper body day that I was fairly swollen from it. My lats felt like wings and my chest felt inflated.

My only issue with prodigy was the taste. I'm picky about tastes though. The base of it tasted how it should but it had a slight after bite to it..almost like a bulk supplement would have a bite or bitterness. It wasn't terrible though and I intend to buy this product at some point.

Other than that, it mixed well in 16oz of cold water and went down smooth. No bad side effects whatsoever. This goes into my top 3 preworkouts (Condense and Hemavol will be the other 2)

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  188 lbs.

Thanks for the great review sean! Glad Prodigy did you well. I get the same feeling with my upper body and love it ! Feel free to ask any of the PNI team any questions you may have about diet, training and of course supplementation. Keep doin work !
    Broser Built Athlete www.broserbuilt.com
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.

5/5

My Background:
    I've been pretty reliant on stim heavy pre-workouts and was not able to taper off before submitting this review. This review is based of using the PWO 3 times so far.

Taste:
    Flavor sampled: Watermelon
    Initial taste was delicious but come 3 seconds later is this awful aftertaste. Not the worst i've ever tasted but it's definitely noticeable and can easily turn you away if taste is a big issue to you. For myself, taste is a luxury. As long as the product delivers, I could care less about a ****ty 1-2 minutes of taste. I have read other reviews on this product and they didn't mention the aftertaste which makes me think it's somewhat individual dependent.

Pump:
    The pump was great, it wasn't too much but rather perfect, lasted through out my entire workout. Perfect feeling of Fullness

Strength/Endurance:
    Strength and endurance both went up. I feel like the previous pre workout I was on was having little to no effect on me besides the pump. This allowed me in the 3 days i've used it so far to hit 2 new PR's.

Mixability:
    Mixes extremely well. Because of the aftertaste, I like to use it in the Shot method, so 2-4oz of water and down it in 2 gulps. No residue left behind, no clumps, no grit.

Focus/Energy:
    This is one of my top pre-workouts when it comes to delivery in terms of energy and focus. The come up is VERY Smooth and clean, it levels out and lasts for a good hour and a half to two hours. So clean that it feels like there are no stims. Definitely nice to have a PWO that isn't dependent on Caffeine or 1,3 despite their effectiveness. This definitely measures up. There is no crashing afterwords and I feel great for the rest of the day. With my previous PWO, I would intake, and not be able to fall asleep for 4-5 hours after. With this, I'm able to get my work out done effectively, come back and fall asleep (My schedule demands it). The BA tingles are perfect. IDK if it's due to my built-up resistance to it from the previous workout but it's a slight tingle sensation and not overbearing. Aggressive workouts but calm and collected. Focus was great on getting reps done and reaching those goals.

Overall:
    Price is great! Because I don't rate a PWO based on taste, I have to give this a 5. Will definitely be buying again (trying blueberry next) assuming the rest of this month goes well. Any changes and i'll update this review with my thoughts and opinions.
  4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  188 lbs.

Thanks man for the awesome review. Glad you enjoyed it like I knew you would. Cant wait for you to get the Thermadex and Paragon. Keep us updated on how thats working for you as well. Keep killin it man !
  5. Registered User

Great review. I do notice the aftertaste. I describe it as bitter, but I don't mind it at all, in fact, the longer I use it, I actually am starting to enjoy the after taste. Interesting you say it lasts for 90-120 minues. I've noticed the life of the stim/focus effect lasts well into the 3-4 hour range with no crash.
    PREMIUM NUTRACEUTICALS (PNI) REP/ATHLETE
    BROSER BUILT REP/ATHLETE
    LET ME HELP YOU BY SETTING UP A DIET/TRAINING PROGRAM TO REACH YOUR GOALS! INBOX ME
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.

Keep in mind i'm walking into Prodigy straight from heavy stims, i'm trying to adjust scoops and find the sweet spot. I kill myself at the 90-120 minute mark and it is afghan, by the time i make it back to the tent, i play an hour of cards, lay down, post some ****, and pass out haha

It's also probably related to me not being able to judge the focus after 2 hours because i'm back in my tent. No crash regardless of the timing however, which is really nice, i got grumpy before when i crashed in the middle of something.
    OBSESSED is a word the LAZY use to describe the DEDICATED.
    Beast Mode RECOMP: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/224356-beast-mode recomp.html
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  188 lbs.

I wanted to mention that I think it would be a good idea to take a break from stims when you told me the amount of jack3d you were taking and weren't feeling anything. Just lookin out for you man.
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.

Yeah i'm off heavy stims for awhile lol, a good long while
    OBSESSED is a word the LAZY use to describe the DEDICATED.
    Beast Mode RECOMP: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/224356-beast-mode recomp.html
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  188 lbs.

ha ! good idea ! Dont let that keep you from pushing forward though, keep rockin it !
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  158 lbs.

3/5

got a sample bottle of this..not a fan of this type of pwo..hate tingles with a passion.. i can usually take my pwo's at work to help keep me focused when coffee doesn't do it, felt extremely more irritable which was great in the gym but not at work lol.. with other pre workouts i don't feel tired at all..with this one i felt i was concentrated but eyes were heavy and i woke up feeling great from a full nights sleep..overall gave it a 3 because it does what its suppose to and had decent pumps just not for me, but when lifting my feet and hands felt sooo weird i couldnt even finish my workout..i like raw natural enery not the tingly bugged out feeling..i;ve been experimenting a lot with pwo's and this is not on my list to alternate with..
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.

5/5

Taste: 4/5 Like others have mentioned its tastes pretty damn good but the after taste not so much. I had watermelon, which is always one of my favorites.

Energy/Focus: 5/5 I have had dozen of pres and this easily hit the energy focus right on the head for me. My mind was racing but it was in a good way? I felt like i could figure out a ton of things at once. This was even not on an empty stomach I can't wait for that!

Pumps: 4/5 Did shoulders to it really is the hardest body party for me to tell if I am getting a good pump. Was about average compared to other pres I have had.

Endurance: 5/5 This and the energy were the highlight of this product for me. I felt like I could lift for forever. Just a great feeling over all.

Overall I am extremely happy with this purchase. I found it for a pretty decent price and there were about 5 new pres i was choosing from at the time i really wanted to try. I doubt I could have possibly be happier with anything else. May try a different flavor next time but will be purchasing again I am sure!
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  240 lbs.

Glad you enjoyed the Prodigy bro!
    After a year off, I'm back
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. PNI Prodigy a new pre workout log brought to you by me !
    By roblasane in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: 06-22-2014, 11:27 AM
  2. PNI Prodigy Pre-Workout Log and Review JamesM11
    By jamesm11 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 11-26-2012, 12:27 AM
  3. Premium Nutraceuticals presents prodigy...are you a prodigy?
    By howwedo107 in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 238
    Last Post: 09-20-2012, 10:05 AM
  4. JonRubio logs the NEW PNI Prodigy Preworkout! (Sponsored)
    By JonRubio in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 143
    Last Post: 09-09-2012, 08:54 PM
  5. Replies: 247
    Last Post: 09-05-2012, 04:12 PM