Staff member
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Product information... View for more details

SLW2

SLW2

Awards
5 out of 5 rating for Muscle Marinade (27 Servings)

Here are my thoughts on Muscle Marinade - Cherry Limeade:

Mix-ability: 9/10
I was surprised how well it mixed most supplements always leave small chunks but about 99 percent of the powder mixed in relatively easily, I did notice once i let it sit for a couple minutes it seemed to separate a bit but no big deal

Taste: 10/10
A lot of time companies talk up their products up and say the taste is probably the best on the market, or the taste is "alright" when in reality it taste like crap. This was perfect, definitely could drink this on a long term basis. Right there with Kool-aid.

Endurance: 9/10
I had great endurance while using this and it seemed like it got better and better each workout!

Stim Effect: 10/10
Stims were good, I enjoyed it didn't put me in a state where I was overwhelmed, really woke me up and gave me a smooth feeling.

Pump: 8/10
This gave me a decent pump, I have had better pump experiences with things like hemavol. However, if I am in the mood for a pump, just adding some agmatine to the MM makes for a great pump!

Overall: 9.5/10
27 true servings is nice, dosed for a full amount of creatine so you dont have to take any extra is nice too. Very impressed with all these ingredients..

Randoja

Randoja

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

I think MM is one of the best PWO products that I've ever used. The fact that 1 scoop actually works is huge. In addition to the fact that it has the full daily dose of Creatine, plus a little more for good measure, the addition of EAA's puts it echelons above any competitors product. You get all of this for less than the cost of most other PWO products and Purus doesn't hide behind a proprietary blend, it says right on the label that it includes everything you could want in a pre workout at a scientifically proven effective dose. Definitely great for really pushing for a PR with all out power.

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Muscle Marinade is truly the most well rounded, comprehensive pre-workout on the market.

I'll go ahead and get this out of the way. It does contain 1,3-DMAA. Therefore, for absolute, full effectiveness, it should be cycled probably after 8 weeks of use. This is moreso for your health's sake (being overly stimulated is not a good thing) than for maintaining sensitivity to MM, as I find it takes about 3 months of use before it begins to wane.

MM is a somewhat simple pre-workout formula that includes the kings of ergogenic supplements at recommended or above doses: creatine mono, beta-alanine, betaine HCL, EAAs, and caffeine. It also includes B6/B12 vitamins and electrolytes to support proper energy metabolism during intense bouts of activity. One scoop is all you'll need, ever! Only thing missing that I add to it is LCLT.

Flavor wise, Fresh Fruit is the best flavor of MM. Second is Cherry Limeade. I would avoid the other flavors if possible, although because of how great MM is I would still drink it if they only had it in the old flavors.

This preWO comes in about $30 on NutraPlanet, plus or minus. If you're searching for a preWO to support intense workouts, this is it! The best has been made, people, you just haven't bought it yet.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Great review guys!

drooks10

drooks10

Awards
  • Established
MM is by far the strongest pre-wo I've tried. Had me bouncin' off the walls. Lol

David
Team APPNUT

bigguyn10ec

bigguyn10ec

Awards
  • Established
5/5

I think Everyone that has been on this site long enough has heard the name Purus labs and its products. This brand is in my opinion ahead of the game. And this PWO is well worth anyone's hard earned money too.

So what is it?
Its a PWO and im not gonna get into the ingredients because just way to many to mention. BUT according to Purus labs it is the Only clinically validated effectiveness dosage of every ingredient in each scoop on the market. Which I will say it dose have some great claims.

Such as:

27 true servings per container ( I think more because It lasted forever!! )
Extends exercise time of fatigue and shorten recovery times
Greater lactic acid buffering
Cortisol blockers and much more.

Dosage 9
One scoop is all that I ever needed.. ( although I did try two from time to time just too see what happened ) And honestly I couldnt tell that big of a difference.

Mixability 9
It mixes very easy I never had any grit or anything left behind, no matter how much water I used.

Taste 7.5
Im not huge on taste but It tasted..weak to me. I had the fruit punch and it just seemed water downed to me even at low levels of water used. I will say this, it does not smell too bad in the container .... BUT!! make sure to wash your shaker bottle after using it!. It will F up a shaker bottle and it will take forver to get the smell out of it then.!.

Price 8.5
Thats if you use google and not buy directly from purus I hate saying that but they have it for 67$ .. I think that is crazy!. You can find deals on lockout for half that all the time. And at even 35 bucks for as many servings I got that is not bad.

Effectivenes
Pump 6
I didnt notice any pump from this alone. sorry so low. I just didnt get a pump from this. I did however seem to notice more endurance. But it is not marketed for this anyway.

Focus 9
Honestly I didnt think It was working at first, But It does. I seemed to have such a clear mind and focused attention to what I was doing while taking this. I never felt jittery or buzzed out.

Overall I give it 5 STARS
I have to say its a great product, I had some really good workouts on this thats why I only used on days I knew I had some extra time to kill at the gym. The one thing I like about this It does not bother me while doing cardio. Others I have used seemed to really effect my Breathing or something. I never needed to use more than one scoop. I normally used this around 6 pm and went to bed around 10 -11 pm and hardly ever had trouble sleeping. I never had a huge crash off this either. I cant say that long term recorvery was good ( as in next day soreness ) But I could however seem to take less time to recover between sets.
I never really got the good old sweats like I have with other like Jack3d . But I do like this product. I have others I want to try first before I say this is my go to product. I dont think this stuff is a strong as some say it is or blow it up to be.

So for me I say overall is a solid 5 stars.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Thx for the review.

superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
5/5

Not a big fan of the limeade flavor, but fresh fruit is AMAZING. mixes very easily. no diminishing returns in energy even after using 2 tubs back to back. when i was using mm, i was crushing PR's every time i walked into the gym.

the energy given from mm wasnt the crazy jittery stimmed/cracked feeling i get from a lot of stim based products. it was nice and clean. i just felt like a true beast all the time on it. Purus could charge $60 a tub and i'll still buy it. Dont get any ideas guys, i like it cheap.

N.Woods Giant

N.Woods Giant

Awards
  • Established
5/5

One of the most complete pre-wo out there! A true 1 scoop serving and they actually list how much of each ingredient is in it. Awesome energy and endurance!

mubstyle

Awards
5/5

Muscle marinade is ridiculous. All I have to say is this pre-workout slapped and shocked me in the face after 30 minutes of taking it. You can actually feel the force once MM kicks. It's no shocker since it's heavy on the stims. The 1 true serving claim is definitely true as I never needed to take more. What I like about this preworkout is it has extra goodies that'll help for quicker recovery after a hard workout. All you need is your protein and you're good to go!

KingLeonidas9

KingLeonidas9

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
4/5

From what I had heard from people was that this was the most amazing pre workout ever. So I was very anxious to try. Today was the first time taking a scoop with 15oz of water and I was expecting to be hit with energy like Hemo Rage and NO Shotgun, but that never happened(I do have a very high tolerance pwo supps and I just came back from a month break from them). Was kinda bummed about that but once I started hitting the weights I was immediately VERY FOCUSED! Weights that I thought I would struggle with were easy and did not give me trouble. Girls walked in front of me and I took just one look and didn't keep turning to check them out, I was all about the weights! After my first set of barbell curls my arms were SUPER PUMPED! Veins I never seen before were popping up! After my workout it didn't even felt like I worked out! I had a pump but I wasn't sore or anything, maybe have to wait till tomorrow for that. After my workout was done, I felt so much more alive and alert.

Mixing was a 10.
Taste was a 9. I don't really like cherry but it was pretty good!
Focus was a 10.
Pump was a 9.
Energy was a 5.

Will be mixing Muscle Marinade with ConDense tomorrow!

JoHNnyNuTZ

JoHNnyNuTZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Awesome review. I like MM alot. Not quite for the energy part as Im a biut of a stim junky. But with an added boost in the stims Im good to go. Pretty much never use more than a scoop, whereas others Ive used 2, 3 up to 4 scoops to "feel" effects

Mack411

Mack411

Awards
5/5

First off I want to say this is absolutely the best and most consistent pwo I've ever used,and I've used quite a few.

Taste:7.5/10:Fresh fruit is my flavor always,the taste was much better than most pwo products around,it was kind of tart when I first started using,but easily got used to it and started to crave it.mmmmm.

Value:9/10:I think this is a great value for the price,there are so many things that are cheaper,but you always get what you pay for.Theres even more products that are more expensive and not near as solid.So for 27 true servings I think it's great,a lot of people may get more out of it.But never needed more than 1 scoop.

EffectiveNess:9.5/10:Very high rating here,as I have tried so many products and never had one work for me as well as muscle marinade.It gave me amazing energy.Awesome pumps.Some of the best focus I've had,I literally go into beast mode once I down my mm.

Mix ability:7/10:This is the only area I have that I feel could be improved a bit,it did mix up and have quite a few particles in top of water.Also a lt of the powder would form at bottom and not mix well,I found it nice to mix in hot water and then refrigerate to cool.But heck,I'd eat this stuff dry,and have for the results it gives.So taste is not a big issue to me.

Dosing/consistency:9/10:This is one thing I love about mm,the dosing did not have to be found,1 scoop does it all,every time.It was the best pwo the first time I used it,and still is every time to this day.Very consistent.

Overall:5/5 stars
I gave this product an overall 5/5 because this truly is the best pwo I have ever used.It delivered what it claimed it would.I broke many personal records with this product.I always enjoy my workout while on muscle marinade.This has become a staple supplement for me and always have at home.The effects,if imaginable,seemed twice as good with dpol.Also a great product and that is one of my favorite stacks to run.I had no trouble giving this product the rating I did,because it earned it from me.

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
4/5

I would say Muscle Marinade delivers and is a nice change of pace pre-workout. It is not my favorite, but that is not a dig at the product. In essence, yes I would use this product again, but there are others I like just as much and some better. Regardless, this is a product I would feel comfortable recommending and it is a high quality product.

I really enjoyed the locked in focus and mind-muscle connection I felt from using this stuff.

I had two samples to use and by itself this is good stuff (the smell isn't so great, but it actually tastes decent).

The other sample I stacked with Condense and that combo is straight nasty...together they form a bada$$ 1-2 punch and they give you the kick in the pants to get your A$$ moving and the drive to crush some heavy weight and the pumps are out of this world!

Cary K

Cary K

Awards
5/5

MM is one of my favorite PWOs. The cherry limeade flavor, when cold, actually tastes like a cherry limeade you would get from Sonic-IMO. The stims hit HARD and I got a pretty good pump with it. If a good stim PWO is what you are looking for, then MM is for you!

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
3/5

i wasn't very impressed with mm, the energy was alrite, didn't notice any pump

but the taste wasn't good, at first i liked it, by the end of the tub i was choking it down....i've heard they improved the taste but overall a very average pre workout

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
i wasn't very impressed with mm, the energy was alrite, didn't notice any pump

but the taste wasn't good, at first i liked it, by the end of the tub i was choking it down....i've heard they improved the taste but overall a very average pre workout
Yeah Fresh Fruit seems to be a good flavor for most....

totalpackage

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
5/5

First off MM has been out for while and I just never got around to try it but I have been reading such
good feedback about it that I had to give it a try. I contacted Purus Labs and they were gracious
enough to send me a few samples to try out. One good thing about this formula is that they list all
the ingredients so that you know the potency of each ingredient and this is something that you do
not see often. The 2 stims in MM are caffeine 300mg and 1,3 80 mg so it is pretty strong but I like
1,3 and it works well for me but I only use products with it sparingly about once a week.

I mixed up the sample with 1 scoop of Flud (waxy maize) and I added 6 grams of citrulline malate
and 20 oz of water in a shaker cup and it mixed up very well and it was the fresh fruit flavor and it had
a lite,tart, fruit flavor to it, now I am one who does not care about taste but this tasted fine to me.
The effects started to kick in about 30 min later just when I started warming up for my back/traps/abs
workout. The energy that I was starting to feel was smooth, and focused and not jittery or over stimulated.
It was 4 a.m. and I knew I was going to have one hell of a workout just by the way I was warming up in my
home gym and I had the windows open and the cool fall air was coming in and I started to break a sweat
under my sweat shirt. Half way through my workout and the plates on the T-Bar kept piling on I knew why
everyone kept ranting and raving about MM. This is probably one of the best preworkout powders on the
market with 1,3 as one of the ingredients and I will put MM up there with 2 of my other favorite preworkout
powders with 1,3 D-Stunner by Betancourt Nut. and Mesomorph by APS Nut (the old version without creatine nitrate)
I would like to thank the reps at Purus Labs for introducing me to this product and I have this on the top of
my supplement list to pick up this weekend when I do some shopping. I highly recommend it to anyone who is looking
for an excellent preworkout powder that will have you feeling energized, focused, and feeling strong as a bull in the
gym where you will definitely be breaking personal records.
One other good thing about MM was that the energy wore off slowly and I had no crash later on in the
day so I guess the other ingredients which are clearly listed help with keeping you from feeling tired and worn out
later in the day. From a rating of 1 thru 10 Muscle Marinade gets a perfect 10 from me .

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
First off MM has been out for while and I just never got around to try it but I have been reading such
good feedback about it that I had to give it a try. I contacted Purus Labs and they were gracious
enough to send me a few samples to try out. One good thing about this formula is that they list all
the ingredients so that you know the potency of each ingredient and this is something that you do
not see often. The 2 stims in MM are caffeine 300mg and 1,3 80 mg so it is pretty strong but I like
1,3 and it works well for me but I only use products with it sparingly about once a week.

I mixed up the sample with 1 scoop of Flud (waxy maize) and I added 6 grams of citrulline malate
and 20 oz of water in a shaker cup and it mixed up very well and it was the fresh fruit flavor and it had
a lite,tart, fruit flavor to it, now I am one who does not care about taste but this tasted fine to me.
The effects started to kick in about 30 min later just when I started warming up for my back/traps/abs
workout. The energy that I was starting to feel was smooth, and focused and not jittery or over stimulated.
It was 4 a.m. and I knew I was going to have one hell of a workout just by the way I was warming up in my
home gym and I had the windows open and the cool fall air was coming in and I started to break a sweat
under my sweat shirt. Half way through my workout and the plates on the T-Bar kept piling on I knew why
everyone kept ranting and raving about MM. This is probably one of the best preworkout powders on the
market with 1,3 as one of the ingredients and I will put MM up there with 2 of my other favorite preworkout
powders with 1,3 D-Stunner by Betancourt Nut. and Mesomorph by APS Nut (the old version without creatine nitrate)
I would like to thank the reps at Purus Labs for introducing me to this product and I have this on the top of
my supplement list to pick up this weekend when I do some shopping. I highly recommend it to anyone who is looking
for an excellent preworkout powder that will have you feeling energized, focused, and feeling strong as a bull in the
gym where you will definitely be breaking personal records.
One other good thing about MM was that the energy wore off slowly and I had no crash later on in the
day so I guess the other ingredients which are clearly listed help with keeping you from feeling tired and worn out
later in the day. From a rating of 1 thru 10 Muscle Marinade gets a perfect 10 from me .
:D :bigok:

mstep

mstep

Awards
  • Established
5/5

Taste: 10/10 Out of the MM flavor line, fresh fruit is by far the best out of all of them. Not too sweet, not too sour, flavor tastes exactly like a fresh bowl of fruits. Not only one of the best flavors of the MM line but one of the best tasting preworkouts, Purus nailed this one

Mixability: 8/10 The cherry limeade i logged a few months ago mixed well but not as good other preworkouts on the market, i always had to re add water after i down'd it and go for another round. this one mixed a little better and later realized if you add about 20oz of water itll all go down at once and taste was even better.

Pump: 12/10 ya thats right, 12!!!!!!!! i had amazing pumps when i did MM alone last time but when adding the dpol, holy sh!!!!!!!!t. pumps were so insane throughout almost every workout and im talking about like an SD pump. sometimes i had to skip a couple workouts cuz i kept cramping up and stayed pumped throughout the day. Dpol made such an incredible difference and def my new DAA staple.

Aggression: 10/10, 1 of 3 out of many preworkouts that gets me real aggressive at the gym. 10-20min after i take my dose, im walkin toward the locker room ready to beat the next guys ass that gives me a hard look. i get upstairs to the weights and my mind goes crazy, i pick up the weights and make em my bit**!! many days i threw in extra sets and reps just cuz i couldnt get enough

Focus: 10/10 i dont know what it was about this stuff but focus was one of my favorite things about this stack. u get to the gym and u dont wanna talk to anyone, u just wanna lift. between sets i found myself starin in the mirror with a blank or angry face thinkin if i should go higher weight, more sets, more workouts more more more!!!! i had my cousin and a few friends come up to me a few times startin a convo and gave em a "big fu** off. we're here to lift, u wanna socialize, the bit** bar(cafe) is downstairs."

Vascularity 10/10 veins and gettin ripped is somethin i always hope to get out of a product and boy did i get it outa this stuff. second week of my cycle new veins were coming out of places i never thought i would ever get em to come out of. at least 5 new veins on each arm and a few on the shoulders where they never ever came out. not only that but also got that lining that runs through the middle of the chest. got some compliments from people on how i lost body fat and gained muscle

Strength: 8/10 i never expect to get strength outa anything but hormonal products but proven wrong i was. strength went up on everything, not by much but enough to be happy with. finally made it to 100 dumbells on incline and that made me very happy.

Endurance: 10/10 i do cardio before lifts just cuz it gets me ready and heated. i hop on the treadmill and i dont wanna get off, it makes you just keep going like the energy bunny. once u think ur energy is gone after a good run, u are wrong!!!!! so much energy you get with this stack that its unbelievable. like i mentioned earlier, just wanted to keep doin more reps, sets and weights

Muscle: 10/10 shirts got tighter and waist line stayed the same. everything def got bigger and a goal i was really hoping on was to build the chest and it did, i still have a long way too go on it but a def noticeable difference. oh and many females noticed the size gain enough said
Libido: 10/10 lil buddy is always askin for play time now and sometimes at the randomest times when im not thinkin or lookin at anything of arousal.

Final: 9.9/10 this is by far one of the best stacks you can use for energy, muscle growth, fat loss, libdo increase, pumps everything!!!!!!!!!!! u literally get it all and then some. i strongly urge everyone to try this stack out if ur looking for something new and proven to work or if ur a veteran and lookin for another round with this stuff. and lemme throw this in, all of this was describing one scoop of MM, try 2 scoops like myself and get ready for the hulk to come out

zbaker13

Awards
5/5

I have been currently been using Muscle Marinade for over a month now and I have to say that it has given me awesome results! The energy levels that you feel are second to none, and with the Cortisol Reducing Complex that had Vitamin C,E and B and well as Folic Acid, Zinc and Selenium, the time it takes your body to feel tired is delayed, thus making your lifting sessions longer. I personally found that my lifting sessions increased by at least 30 more minutes than usual, even with high intesity work such as Crossfit.

From a personal standpoint, Muscle Marinade has helped me reach 5 different PR's! My box squat and deadlift are both at 455 right now. My Clean is 235, Clean and Jerk 215 and my Snatch is 165! This product is no joke. Anyone, from beginners to experienced lifters can benefit from the use of Muscle Marinade. It is a great product, and I have to say that I admire the honesty of Purus Labs and their products. They are not out to trick you by adding fillers and proprietary blends that other companies like to do.

My training is currently based on two styles: Crossfit and Westside Barbell. I do Crossfit at a minnimum of 3x a week as well as incorporate Speed and Max Effort days that are based off of the Westside Barbell techniques. I currently compete in Crossfit around the country and I am currently training for three competitions that will take place in the next month.

Again, I want to thank Grambo and Purus Labs for letting me use Muscle Marinade. It was truly an awesome product and I will definetly be using Purus Labs products in the near future!

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Final review of Muscle Marinade

Energy - 9/10

Amazing! No crash at all during use. Most 1,3 products make me drop off after my workouts but I didn't have any crash. Energy during my workouts was great and after the shakes on the first day it leveled out to a constant rush of aggression and drive. Wonderful results.

Focus - 8/10

Focus was really good. 1,3 has always been good to me and it was good once again. Had some tunnel vision on certain days but most days it was just extreme concentration and drive.

Strength - 9/10

Strength was amazing. I hit quite a few PR's for off cycle lifts. This was my favorite part about MM. Even adding just 10lbs to something like rows because of PWO? Yeaaaah buddy sign me up :)

Endurance - 9-10

Great endurance. Pushed out some extra reps over the weeks and MM helped me get over a big hump I had a couple weeks ago when I was run down.

Pumps - 7/10

Pumps were good when ran solo. Not a lot of vascularity but a lot of blood in the muscle. Solid in this area.

Overall - 8/10

Awesome pre-workout. Set some pr's while using MM and its the only thing that's changed from my recent stacks. Hands down top 3 stim product I've used.

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
You the man! Thank you for your log! I'm a Muscle Marinade fiend

Jimmer777

Awards
4/5

MM is probably the best pre workout I've had. I've had most of the big name stuff and MM is better than all around. I got grape I think and it's not the best tasting but it's pretty good. The one thing I do think is its pump is a little less than I'd like overall. I'm going to buy it again.

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
MM is probably the best pre workout I've had. I've had most of the big name stuff and MM is better than all around. I got grape I think and it's not the best tasting but it's pretty good. The one thing I do think is its pump is a little less than I'd like overall. I'm going to buy it again.
Thanks for the review brotha! The pump is not a big factor with MM but it's powerful. If you can get some OG do it just sayin ;-)

Randoja

Randoja

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Where did you get grape and how long ago? That's my fav, but it has been discontinued for a long time.

Jimmer777

Awards
I actually ordered the cherry lemonade and grape is what they sent me I ordered it from the natural health shoppe online.