Ifbb Drug Testing! - AnabolicMinds.com

Ifbb Drug Testing!

  1. Senior Member
    mindgame's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  207 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,211
    Rep Power
    690

    Reputation

    Ifbb Drug Testing!


    Muscular Development Online Magazine - IFBB Enforces Drug Policy!

    The IFBB has always maintained that it has a random drug testing policy in place that all active athletes are subject to. Until now, it was always thought that this rule was just some phantom policy that was placed "on the Books" to look good for outside parties. All that changed today when I was contacted by an IFBB athlete in good standing who was sent a registered letter that informed this person that they were selected for a random drug test. As a result of this selection, they had 72 hours to report to a designated testing facility where they were required to submit a urine sample for analysis. The letter also explained that a failed drug test would result in suspension from the IFBB for a designated period of time. Furthermore, all test results, whether positive or negative, are being kept private; apparently to prevent embarrassment and/or loss of future potential income. Failure to provide urine samples within the designated 72-hour period is being considered a failed test.

  2. Advanced Member
    BigCasino's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  223 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Age
    29
    Posts
    581
    Rep Power
    417

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by mindgame View Post
    Muscular Development Online Magazine - IFBB Enforces Drug Policy!

    The IFBB has always maintained that it has a random drug testing policy in place that all active athletes are subject to. Until now, it was always thought that this rule was just some phantom policy that was placed "on the Books" to look good for outside parties. All that changed today when I was contacted by an IFBB athlete in good standing who was sent a registered letter that informed this person that they were selected for a random drug test. As a result of this selection, they had 72 hours to report to a designated testing facility where they were required to submit a urine sample for analysis. The letter also explained that a failed drug test would result in suspension from the IFBB for a designated period of time. Furthermore, all test results, whether positive or negative, are being kept private; apparently to prevent embarrassment and/or loss of future potential income. Failure to provide urine samples within the designated 72-hour period is being considered a failed test.
    This is in response to the Olympics and that new Bigger Faster Stronger movie about steroids coming out? It's gotta be as much as for sure as their previous policies on the matter have been, else, what would be the point - it's common knowledge IFBB pros juice....
  3. Senior Member
    mindgame's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  207 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,211
    Rep Power
    690

    Reputation

    nooooo ronnie coleman says hes all natural! how dare you! lol
    •   
       

  4. Elite Member
    ReaperX's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  .5 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    7
    Posts
    6,487
    Rep Power
    33341

    Reputation

    I was reading this over at Muscular Development. I'm sure it is a result from the public media, but out of all the sports out there, pro-bodybuilding obviously uses steroids.
  5. Board Sponsor
    Distilled Water's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    9,682
    Rep Power
    2077855

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by ReaperX View Post
    I was reading this over at Muscular Development. I'm sure it is a result from the public media, but out of all the sports out there, pro-bodybuilding obviously uses steroids.
    Obvious to you and I. I bet if you surveyed 100 random people over half would say "I dont know" or "probably not".

    There are guys that are obviously using at my gym and the vast majority of people think they are 100% natural and just take a lot of "supplements" its sad.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
  6. Senior Member
    mindgame's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  207 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,211
    Rep Power
    690

    Reputation

    really? people really think that huh? hmm maybe i cant trick my girl into believing its all sups. lol
  7. Board Sponsor
    Distilled Water's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    9,682
    Rep Power
    2077855

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by mindgame View Post
    really? people really think that huh? hmm maybe i cant trick my girl into believing its all sups. lol
    Yea there's a guy who, during his bench workouts, goes 315+ for all sets with the biggest moon pie face ever...then every 12-15 weeks it goes away then comes back. He must just cycle sodium. The guy is about 6'0"-6'2" and goes well over 250lbs while maintaining a rather lean physique i'd say between 12-14%BF at about 22years old.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
  8. Elite Member
    ReaperX's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  .5 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    7
    Posts
    6,487
    Rep Power
    33341

    Reputation

    I could see how people would think that.

    Actually my brother picked up a fitness magazine this past weekend that had an IFBB pro on the cover and said to me, "Does he do steroids ? He looks like he might."





    ......
  9. Elite Member
    ReaperX's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  .5 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    7
    Posts
    6,487
    Rep Power
    33341

    Reputation

    I've been seeing a lot of 'bloated/puffy' looking guys lately at the gym.
  10. Board Sponsor
    Distilled Water's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    9,682
    Rep Power
    2077855

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by ReaperX View Post
    I could see how people would think that.

    Actually my brother picked up a fitness magazine this past weekend that had an IFBB pro on the cover and said to me, "Does he do steroids ? He looks like he might."





    ......
    haha yea or girls that I talk with see me looking at muscular development and say "I think he may be on steroids but IDK he works or real hard and takes a lot of stuff" Or just the "fitness" guy in muscle and fitness girls would never think they use anything hormonal.

    Fact is i'd guess close to 80% of the people in fitness magizene do or have used some sort of AAS/hGH

    Or even MMA thats where I hear a lot of arguements of those guys being clean, O i guess it is humanly possible to be 5'10" 225lbs at 7% bodyfat and maintain that without any hormonal aid. No man in UFC would use :gasp:
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
  11. Professional Member
    MentalTwitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    4,516
    Rep Power
    2355

    Reputation

    no one ever said it was for anabolics....they know better. Why do you think it just says drugs? haha if anything its for all the crazy painkillers, mental, addictive things, etc etc....
    Also, it is all talk. They wont monitor a pro, i wouldt be suprised if the IFBB themselves just asks them to come in and sit there for a few minutes, release them with the "ok clean"
    It is supposed to be random and many talk is the Weider gang wont get touched....so it may lessen the competition.

    IFBB and bodybuiolding has become ridiculous as of recent with all this garbage talk. The olympics doesnt help much either....watch how fats it clears at least a month+ after the olympics.
  12. Advanced Member
    MuscleBound1337's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    928
    Rep Power
    572

    Reputation

    Damn, my friend was telling me about this in the gym and I didn't believe him. I still don't believe they will be doing any actual testing for steroids. 100% of those selected for testing will be positive for steroids.
  13. Senior Member
    mindgame's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  207 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,211
    Rep Power
    690

    Reputation

    deca is going to be there new friend
  14. Advanced Member
    raginfcktard's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    978
    Rep Power
    567

    Reputation

    and steriod testing is exensive...they tried this in the past and obviously didn't work out. the monsters are what people want, if they test there are no competitors and no ticket sales
  15. Elite Member
    ReaperX's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  .5 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    7
    Posts
    6,487
    Rep Power
    33341

    Reputation

    Yeah a lot of those people in the ads, fitness magazines, competitors, etc are on something, AAS, HGH, Clen, some kind of perscription antagonist that makes them focus.....


    Athletes are gifted, however they are not super-human, and these drugs offer an edge that is too good to be ignored.

    Even with as much testing as they do for the Tour De France, I bet many of those cyclist are drugged up as well.


    Not to sound shallow, but there is no reason NOT to take drugs, esp when serious cash is on the line.


    If you are a lousy athlete, then drugs will give you an edge and maybe make you a little better.



    If you are an exceptionally talented athlete, then drugs will allow you to dominate your sport and be the best.


    There is no such thing as being 'too good' at anything. I've never heard anyone say that they are sick of being too damn good.


    If I were a professional athlete and did the sport as a living, I'd take so many drugs and be drugged out of my mind that I wouldn't even know my name.
  16. Banned
    Brolic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,367
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    just bc they say they test doesnt mean that they will test tho...


    i meam they could only test for dbol only.. there are tricks and etc... besides u can duck and drive the test
  17. Banned
    Brolic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,367
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by raginfcktard View Post
    and steriod testing is exensive...they tried this in the past and obviously didn't work out. the monsters are what people want, if they test there are no competitors and no ticket sales
    No one is going to pay to see a smaller jay, dex, or vic
  18. Advanced Member
    TerribleTowel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    582
    Rep Power
    371

    Reputation

    I agree with Brolic. Nothing is going to change. The policy was in place before and still is. There are ways around tests which all pros know. Plus like the article mentioned, the tests are kept private, so if someone fails, the IFBB can just ignore it, treat it as if the person passed, and continue along as it always has.
  19. Advanced Member
    TerribleTowel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    582
    Rep Power
    371

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post
    Obvious to you and I. I bet if you surveyed 100 random people over half would say "I dont know" or "probably not".

    There are guys that are obviously using at my gym and the vast majority of people think they are 100% natural and just take a lot of "supplements" its sad.
    I disagree. The majority of people in my gym feel that everyone bigger than them is juicing. The general public doesn't understand the idea of proper nutrition and training.
  20. Senior Member
    bigpapa's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,955
    Rep Power
    1570

    Reputation

    well personally i think it is a just like a publicity stunt to save face. i mean come on, last year a week before the arnold, victor martinez was arrested with possesion of steroids with intent to sell.
  21. Advanced Member
    TerribleTowel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    582
    Rep Power
    371

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by bigpapa View Post
    well personally i think it is a just like a publicity stunt to save face. i mean come on, last year a week before the arnold, victor martinez was arrested with possesion of steroids with intent to sell.
    That's the second time Martinez has been linked to steroids.
  22. Senior Member
    bigpapa's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,955
    Rep Power
    1570

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by TerribleTowel View Post
    That's the second time Martinez has been linked to steroids.
    and then in february the japanese guy was caught at an airport w/ a duffel bag full of goodys. i mean japanese penis already so very small...so small...
  23. Elite Member
    ReaperX's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  .5 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    7
    Posts
    6,487
    Rep Power
    33341

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by bigpapa View Post
    and then in february the japanese guy was caught at an airport w/ a duffel bag full of goodys. i mean japanese penis already so very small...so small...


    Would you like to explain how you know this ?
  24. Banned
    Brolic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,367
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    why would a top pro sell roids..??
  25. Senior Member
    mindgame's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  207 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,211
    Rep Power
    690

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by ReaperX View Post
    Would you like to explain how you know this ?
    Im not talking about the penis. But the bbder was hidetada yamagishi.
    IFBB Pro Bodybuilder Hidetada Yamagishi Anabolic Steroid Stack
    Posted on 12:08 February 1st, 2008 by Millard Baker

    Hidetada Yamagishi’s defense attorney provided court documents to Flex Online including details of steroid-related charges against him. The court documents provide details of the anabolic steroid stack imported by IFBB Pro Bodybuilder Hidetada Yamagishi when he was arrested on his ar***** in the United States to compete in the 2008 IFBB Iron Man Pro and 2008 IFBB Arnold Classic as well as other pro bodybuilding shows:

    Anabolic Steroids: Trenbolone, Testosterone, Mesterolone, Oxandrolone, Stanozolol

    Testosterone Stimulator: HCG

    Nitric Oxide Boosters: Viagra, Cialis







    http://www.mesomorphosis.com/blog/20...steroid-stack/
  26. Senior Member
    bigpapa's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,955
    Rep Power
    1570

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by ReaperX View Post
    Would you like to explain how you know this ?
    lasts month issue of flex...and online
  27. Advanced Member
    TerribleTowel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    582
    Rep Power
    371

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Brolic View Post
    why would a top pro sell roids..??
    To make money. I think it was several years ago when he got caught selling gear. The more recent happenings I believe are more of him being linked to suppliers, labs, and dealers, etc.
  28. Senior Member
    warnerve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,943
    Rep Power
    1093

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by TerribleTowel View Post
    I disagree. The majority of people in my gym feel that everyone bigger than them is juicing. The general public doesn't understand the idea of proper nutrition and training.
    I have noticed the same as well.
  29. Senior Member
    b unit's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  242 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    2,646
    Rep Power
    1423

    Reputation

    i would love to see what actual substances the ifbb test for?

    flag the drug test altogether and go with the lie detector tests instead

    and do them as part of the competition just before the posedown!

  30. Senior Member
    bigpapa's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,955
    Rep Power
    1570

    Reputation

    30 different types of anabolic steroids..and one..beaver tranquilizer..
  31. New Member
    merph's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  178 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Age
    26
    Posts
    127
    Rep Power
    143

    Reputation

    They can take random drug test from 20 guys and only test 2 or 3 and say they tested 20 of the top guys for the media. As for which substances they are testing for I would be interested to find out. My guess is that they will be testing for things like pot, opiates, and other narcotics so they can say they did a "drug test"
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. drug testing
    By purelife1 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-04-2010, 11:40 PM
  2. Drug Testing
    By darius in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-13-2007, 07:39 PM
  3. Drug testing
    By bt2130 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-23-2006, 01:03 PM
  4. M1T & Drug Testing
    By maxhawk in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-29-2004, 09:45 PM
  5. drug testing
    By plumplum in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-19-2004, 07:57 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in