Kai Greene out of olympia!

mindgame

mindgame

Awards
  • Established
"The Predator", Kai Greene, has chosen to skip the 2008 Mr. Olympia contest. Despite being a dream of his since he was a young boy, Kai feels the time just isn't right. After placing 3rd at the Arnold Classic and winning the New York Pro Show earlier this year, he wants to give his body a much needed rest so that he can properly prepare for his assault on the 2009 season.

Muscular Development Online Magazine - Out of Olympia!

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
I'm willing to bet he's got health problems. He's been on the rise, but I think he's doing too many drugs too fast.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
I read on MD that it is financial, but here he goes balls out on NY Pro/Arnold, and suddenly the biggest show (Mr. O) he cops out when he is on the rise ? Just to save money on prep ?

If this were true then he'd have to think he'd place really low in order for it not to be worth it.

I bet he'd get in the top 10 at the rate that he's going with Vic/Ronnie not being in. Last I checked he also dosen't have a sponsorship either, so this would be a great way to get one.

I don't buy the financial thing. I really think it is health issues.

mindgame

mindgame

Awards
  • Established
Or he got popped for a drug test all of a sudden?

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
my bet would be the test issue, he has come out of nowhere, so this could be of concern

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
I agree. Maybe the drug testing issue could be a problem. The athletes that get 'randomly' tested probably won't be Weider's atheletes.

mindgame

mindgame

Awards
  • Established
Jay cutler get tested?? Nooo never. hes all natural. remember he has the edge!

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
Jay cutler get tested?? Nooo never. hes all natural. remember he has the edge!
I remember awhile back Cutler got DQ'd from the olympia for testing postive for diuretics.

mindgame

mindgame

Awards
  • Established
didnt they have a tested arnold classic back in the day?

Brolic

Brolic

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I read on MD that it is financial, but here he goes balls out on NY Pro/Arnold, and suddenly the biggest show (Mr. O) he cops out when he is on the rise ? Just to save money on prep ?

QUOTE]
im sure hes got money...3rd at the anrold is over 50k and the prrize money from the ny pro and he gets MD money too

Brolic

Brolic

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I agree. Maybe the drug testing issue could be a problem. The athletes that get 'randomly' tested probably won't be Weider's atheletes.
i never really undstood why a Mag would sign a BBer.. i mean XXL doesnt sign rappers

and what is weiders role in BB and arnold really.. did he just pimp arnold??

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Rapping and bodybuilding are 2 seriously different relms.

One is basically posing in a thong while oiled up, and another is selling music.

BB'ing is a very bad sport to make cash in to be frank. You have to drug yourself up to no end, and the financial payout isn't anywhere close to the NFL/NBA.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Weider was Arnold's mentor way back in the day when Arnold first came to America.

He helped out Arnold a lot, etc, etc.

Weider was basically just looking to make some cash and Arnold seemed like a good canidate to do so. That's what happen between Arnold/Joe Weider.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
With music, I can just listen to it. Case closed very simple.

With bb'ing, magazines are always coming out with new training methods, crap supplements, new pics, etc, etc.

The pros in the magazines make it seem like bb'ing is some type of elite esoteric science. That is their marketing angle they use. There also needs to be a certain amount of knowledge to be successful in bb'ing.

Brolic

Brolic

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Weider was Arnold's mentor way back in the day when Arnold first came to America.

He helped out Arnold a lot, etc, etc.

Weider was basically just looking to make some cash and Arnold seemed like a good canidate to do so. That's what happen between Arnold/Joe Weider.
so he wasnt a mentor, he was a pimp..

i mean how did arnold pay for al this ****,, food, house, etc