Is Jay Cutler going to win Mr. Olympia 2008 ?

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  207 lbs.
    Answers

yes phil qualified for the O. He took 1st in the Iron man in LA.

2. PES Rep
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Answers

some of you guys are forgetting one thing... what they are looking for in a winner is who ever is the best ambassador to the sport, this sport has had such a bad reputation right now from the steroids fall out that a guy with a criminal record (victor) will not win, a guy who might retire next year (dexter) will not win, a guy who can not speak English well (wolf) will not win... its all about politics and right now Jay is the front runner he's the best spoken of them all with no bad record and he can be marketable
  3. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by DormantFiber View Post
    some of you guys are forgetting one thing... what they are looking for in a winner is who ever is the best ambassador to the sport, this sport has had such a bad reputation right now from the steroids fall out that a guy with a criminal record (victor) will not win, a guy who might retire next year (dexter) will not win, a guy who can not speak English well (wolf) will not win... its all about politics and right now Jay is the front runner he's the best spoken of them all with no bad record and he can be marketable
    I get your point. Yet, after the debacle of last year, Jay has to be pretty convincing to be awarded victory, regardless of how ambassadorial he is. I know there is a lot of politics in play, plus the advantage of being an incumbent. These are to Jay's advantage. Still, if he is off-shape, for whatever reason, or if someone else is more convincing overall, Jay just will not get it.
    Dexter finally deserves a win. He has consistently demonstrated the finest in bodybuilding. Symmetry and perfection should once again prevail over size. Considering that Dexter might retire soon, if he comes in in mind-blowing condition, it will be hard to deny him victory. Mr. Cutler is not the finest bodybuilding currently has to offer. There is a limit to which questionable judge decisions can be accepted by the audience and fans. Those decisions will only damage the sport long-term.
    •   

4. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Answers

I understand why manby believe that Jay will win, and yes that logic makes sense. However by the same token, there is thought that this is it for Jay, so usingthe logic a few posts above, he might not get it due to the possible retirement.

I really think that it will be Dex over Wolf, Phil and Jay. He has been the far most consistent out of all the pros. He is spot on at every show and every time on stage. It might just be his time.
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  5. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper329 View Post
    I understand why manby believe that Jay will win, and yes that logic makes sense. However by the same token, there is thought that this is it for Jay, so usingthe logic a few posts above, he might not get it due to the possible retirement.

I really think that it will be Dex over Wolf, Phil and Jay. He has been the far most consistent out of all the pros. He is spot on at every show and every time on stage. It might just be his time.
    i hope so.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 35
    Last Post: 03-09-2011, 11:55 PM
  2. Olympia 2008..
    By mindgame in forum Pro Bodybuilding
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-26-2008, 11:16 AM
  3. 2008 Olympia Weekend Tickets?
    By pudzian2 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 21