Is Jay Cutler going to win Mr. Olympia 2008 ?

Page 2 of 2 First 12

  1. Quote Originally Posted by ReaperX View Post
    Here's Jay getting owned again from the back. That's how Ronnie always beat Jay was from the back. Jay's back just isn't the same as Ronnie's. Not even close.
    Look at ronnies lower lat. Its like missing almost. thats why he lost.


  2. The left one got messed up. I think it was some nerve damage and the muscle atrophied.


    I agree though, if it wasn't for the messed up symmetry, Ronnie would still be winning.

    Jay just didn't have the genetics to hang with Ronnie. He only won because Ronnie was off, not because he made any drastic improvements or the such.
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by ReaperX View Post
    ...

    Jay just didn't have the genetics to hang with Ronnie. He only won because Ronnie was off, not because he made any drastic improvements or the such.
    I couldn't agree more, Sir!

  4. Quote Originally Posted by pistonpump View Post
    it would be nice to see dexter win at least one in his career the guy has always been in the top. I guess his lat spread holds him back no pun intended.

    Im looking forward to seeing Wolf again this year id like to see how he comes in compared to last year.

    Jay like people already said is a great spokesperson and guy to have as the star of bodybuilding at this point. Not to mention he carries alot of muscle. Ive never been a fan of his overall look but hell you cant deny his development is very good. Im gonna have to say it even tho i dont want to..........Jay takes it again this year and it is his last Sandow.
    I agree. It would be awesome to see Dexter walk away victorious at least once. His physique is amazing and in my mind perfect. His proportions and symmetry are unrivaled, and he always comes in, in almost impeccable condition. If Dexter was to win, I believe it could be the start of a change back towards the more aesthetic origins of bodybuilding.

    Has anyone seen the recent pictures from Dexter's guest posing with Wolf and Dennis James? In those pictures it looks like Dexter has definitely put on some size since the last time we saw him. It will be interesting to see if when the Olympia comes around and he's dieted down if he's still noticably larger than his previous shows, because Dexter is a guy know for only making subtle changes (5 to 10 pounds) from year to year.

  5. It really is a shame that Victor got hurt and isn't going to be competing this year. I believe he had the best chance of defeating Cutler. Everyone knows he should have won last year and I believe that the IFBB had probably heard enough about how they fowled up the decision last year, and I don't think they would have done it again. Especially if it came down to the same two guys, and if Victor once again was clearly ahead of the Jay.
    •   
       


  6. Yeah I think Vic would have been a very strong contender for the Mr. O and had a very good chance of winning it.


    Wolf will place high, however I am virtually certain he will not actually win it. Part of being Mr. O is speaking English semi-well which I believe he is still struggling with.


    Dexter Jackson is probably single-handedly the most under appreciated bb'er today. His conditioning is ridiculous, he has striations everywhere, and rarely is he ever off. Plus he is proportional and has a more balanced physique, IMO.


    Jay Gutler needs to retire after this win. I'd hate to keep seeing the Mr. O wasted on him.

    Only after literally drugging himself up to the point where is head looks weird was he able to beat Ronnie. That was after Ronnie had an injury not because Jay had a better physique.


    Jay's left quad is larger than the right and he's always watery in the upper body. At best he's maybe #5. There are many more athletes that look better than him.

  7. I wouldn't mind seeing Toney Freeman take it. His physique is pretty awesome as well. Lately he's been struggling with his conditioning, probably age catching up with him.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by ReaperX View Post
    I wouldn't mind seeing Toney Freeman take it. His physique is pretty awesome as well. Lately he's been struggling with his conditioning, probably age catching up with him.
    Freeman has a good physique, but like you said he isn't bringing the conditioning. If I remember right he didn't even crack the top 10 last year.

  9. If Branch competes hell be a sight to see.....he's put on alot of mass....still not the most pleasing but he's a freak!

  10. I thought Will Harris looked great last year too, id like to see him place higher.

  11. Quote Originally Posted by pistonpump View Post
    I thought Will Harris looked great last year too, id like to see him place higher.
    I think Harris has a great physique. It's very aesthetically pleasing, even more so than Jay's physique. He's managed to put on a lot of size while keeping his waist narrow. I agree that I could definitely see him placing a lot higher this year, but definitely not winning.

  12. Quote Originally Posted by TerribleTowel View Post
    I think Harris has a great physique. It's very aesthetically pleasing, even more so than Jay's physique. He's managed to put on a lot of size while keeping his waist narrow. I agree that I could definitely see him placing a lot higher this year, but definitely not winning.
    exactly why i like him. the way he posed at last years o was great imo too, he took command of the stage and had good posing. alot of mass and narrow waist.


    just looked at the IFBB Ironman Pro 2008 pics on bb.com and Harris looks smooth, not too good. Phil Heath is very impressive look at those pics, he is the most conditioned of all of them. Heath i was never a fan of but man he is looking like the real deal in those pics.

  13. Quote Originally Posted by pistonpump View Post
    exactly why i like him. the way he posed at last years o was great imo too, he took command of the stage and had good posing. alot of mass and narrow waist.


    just looked at the IFBB Ironman Pro 2008 pics on bb.com and Harris looks smooth, not too good. Phil Heath is very impressive look at those pics, he is the most conditioned of all of them. Heath i was never a fan of but man he is looking like the real deal in those pics.
    Heath is going to be a real contender at the Olympia here in the next couple years. I don't think he's quite ready yet though. Did he qualify for the O? The way he has transformed his physique in the last two years is absolutely amazing.

    PP, have you seen this deleted scene from Bigger Stronger Faster. The part where he is talking with Harris and Harris is posing is ridiculous. That back double bi pose is incredible.

  14. I think it will be wolf or dexter. Both are always on par, and with victor and kai out, I cant see it being Jay again

  15. Quote Originally Posted by Reaper329 View Post
    I think it will be wolf or dexter. Both are always on par, and with victor and kai out, I cant see it being Jay again
    Its going to be Jay. Someone on MD just posted pics and he is looking solid right now. Fukcin huge tris. If he comes in conditioned like crazy and he should after being on top 2 years he know what to do and what works now, i am disappointed to say, He will win, and it will be earned.

    I would like to see Dex,Phil,Kai,Vic place top 3 but that wont happen being 2 are out, Phil doesnt have the size, and Dex is going to end up top 3 though being Kai and Phil is out. Branch will pull 5th or 6th. Dont forget about Johnny JAckson.

  16. yes phil qualified for the O. He took 1st in the Iron man in LA.

  17. some of you guys are forgetting one thing... what they are looking for in a winner is who ever is the best ambassador to the sport, this sport has had such a bad reputation right now from the steroids fall out that a guy with a criminal record (victor) will not win, a guy who might retire next year (dexter) will not win, a guy who can not speak English well (wolf) will not win... its all about politics and right now Jay is the front runner he's the best spoken of them all with no bad record and he can be marketable

  18. Quote Originally Posted by DormantFiber View Post
    some of you guys are forgetting one thing... what they are looking for in a winner is who ever is the best ambassador to the sport, this sport has had such a bad reputation right now from the steroids fall out that a guy with a criminal record (victor) will not win, a guy who might retire next year (dexter) will not win, a guy who can not speak English well (wolf) will not win... its all about politics and right now Jay is the front runner he's the best spoken of them all with no bad record and he can be marketable
    I get your point. Yet, after the debacle of last year, Jay has to be pretty convincing to be awarded victory, regardless of how ambassadorial he is. I know there is a lot of politics in play, plus the advantage of being an incumbent. These are to Jay's advantage. Still, if he is off-shape, for whatever reason, or if someone else is more convincing overall, Jay just will not get it.
    Dexter finally deserves a win. He has consistently demonstrated the finest in bodybuilding. Symmetry and perfection should once again prevail over size. Considering that Dexter might retire soon, if he comes in in mind-blowing condition, it will be hard to deny him victory. Mr. Cutler is not the finest bodybuilding currently has to offer. There is a limit to which questionable judge decisions can be accepted by the audience and fans. Those decisions will only damage the sport long-term.

  19. I understand why manby believe that Jay will win, and yes that logic makes sense. However by the same token, there is thought that this is it for Jay, so usingthe logic a few posts above, he might not get it due to the possible retirement.

    I really think that it will be Dex over Wolf, Phil and Jay. He has been the far most consistent out of all the pros. He is spot on at every show and every time on stage. It might just be his time.

  20. Quote Originally Posted by Reaper329 View Post
    I understand why manby believe that Jay will win, and yes that logic makes sense. However by the same token, there is thought that this is it for Jay, so usingthe logic a few posts above, he might not get it due to the possible retirement.

    I really think that it will be Dex over Wolf, Phil and Jay. He has been the far most consistent out of all the pros. He is spot on at every show and every time on stage. It might just be his time.
    i hope so.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Who is your pick to win the Olympia?
    By pistonpump in forum General Chat
    Replies: 70
    Last Post: 09-17-2007, 07:23 AM
  2. Who is going to win UFC? Liddell vs Jackson
    By biggerthantex in forum General Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-22-2007, 11:41 PM
  3. Replies: 43
    Last Post: 07-07-2006, 12:31 PM
Log in
Log in