Awards
  • Established
IT'S OFFICIAL: LEE PRIEST IS BACK IN THE IFBB - Flex Online

IT'S OFFICIAL: LEE PRIEST IS BACK IN THE IFBB
IFBB votes to allow controversial Priest to return to competition

by Allan Donnelly

June 9, 2008

FLEXONLINE.COM

It’s official – Lee Priest is back in the IFBB, effective immediately.

“Yes, he’s back in the IFBB,” IFBB Professional League Chairman Jim Manion said. “He’s free to enter any contest, he’s free to guest pose. He has to sign his membership card but other than that formality, which I’m sure he will do, he’s officially back.”

Priest had been suspended by the IFBB since 2006, after choosing to compete in another organization, the now defunct Pro Division Inc. Priest had since reapplied for reinstatement. IFBB officials had originally planned to put Priest’s reinstatement up for a vote on Olympia Weekend, but recently decided to expedite that process in order to allow Priest a chance to qualify for the 2008 Olympia. When the decision was put to a vote, the committee voted overwhelmingly in Priest’s favor, as 11 of 16 members voted to allow Priest’s reinstatement.

“I think the timing was right,” Manion said. “I think Lee has been penalized long enough. He’s made a lot of overtures obviously to try to get back in the IFBB. He was probably going to be allowed back in September, so we decided to let him get back involved with the IFBB sooner. I’m sure he can’t wait to jump back on stage and get back into the action.”

Priest had been very outspoken in his decision to leave the IFBB, and, until recently, had been critical of officials for not allowing his reinstatement. However, Priest’s negative behavior has improved greatly in recent months, which led officials to believe the timing was right to allow Priest back in the IFBB.

“I think he made a bad decision [to leave the IFBB] and I think he knows he made a bad decision,” Manion said. “If he does break the rules again this will be his last chance basically. But in my heart I think he regrets it, so I don’t think that will happen again.

“The IFBB does not rely on one bodybuilder. One bodybuilder is not going to make or break the IFBB. Our federation is much too strong for that. Whether that be Lee Priest, who was suspended, or Ronnie Coleman retiring, the IFBB will always be moving forward.”

Now that the path is cleared for Priest's return to competition, expect to see him on stage at the Atlantic City Pro on September 12-13, where he will attempt to qualify for the 2008 Olympia.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think Lee would do extremely well in the new 205 and under class, but he's used to the whole David and Goliath thing, so we'll see if Lee still has it in him to be a giant slayer.

Good news though, Lee is one of my favorite bodybuilders.

mindgame

mindgame

Awards
  • Established
i kant wait to see the blonde myth on the attack man!

TerribleTowel

TerribleTowel

Awards
  • Established
This is great news. I'd heard it rumored for a while, but it's nice to see that it's officially happened. Hopefully, we'll get to see him do a big show this year.

mindgame

mindgame

Awards
  • Established
i believe he is this year..but i 4got what he said

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I was searching for another pic of Lee and came across this one.It didn't say how old he was,but he's clearly young.It said teen pics but the others looked much older and bigger.

Attachments

mindgame

mindgame

Awards
  • Established
OMG! I have to post this in another forum to see what Lee will say. lol

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
OMG! I have to post this in another forum to see what Lee will say. lol
If you're talking where you gotta be talking,he never responds.I haven't checked ina while but last time it was nothing but questions toi him and someone mentioned how he replied like twice.

mindgame

mindgame

Awards
  • Established
i was talkin bout MD. he always chatting it up over there.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
did he respond when you showed him that pic ?

mindgame

mindgame

Awards
  • Established
i 4got all about this pic and i just posted it today. so we shal see. He should repsond ethier today or tomorrow on it. i ask him how old he was in the pic

mindgame

mindgame

Awards
  • Established
all he said was "I JUST TURNED 13" I ask him how old he was. PM for the link to the thread at the other site if you want it.

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I'm a member of that site.Where did you post it?The Q and A with priest is still unanswered.He just doesn't respond to it so I figured he doesn't get on that site.I guess he doesn't like that thread.

StanChampion

StanChampion

Awards
  • Established
lol.. I guess I am in the minority. I do not think they should have let him back in. Never really a fan of him. :bruce2:

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I love him!I love his physique and attitude and everything.I love rerading his columns in MD.I just truly love the guy as the person I know him to be on top of his physique.Which in my opinion is as big as it gets while maintaing aesthetics.In my opinion,no one matches Lee with both size and pleasing shape.

raginfcktard

raginfcktard

Awards
  • Established
lol.. I guess I am in the minority. I do not think they should have let him back in. Never really a fan of him. :bruce2:
he just says what everyone is thinking, and doesn't take sht from people! straight in your face guy...thats why i like him!

volcom is right...he would domimate the -205 class, but his mind is too fcked to cut all that weight!

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
he just says what everyone is thinking, and doesn't take sht from people! straight in your face guy...thats why i like him!

volcom is right...he would domimate the -205 class, but his mind is too fcked to cut all that weight!
You have seen the pics of him eating KFC fried chicken right?

mindgame

mindgame

Awards
  • Established
i heard he loves to dirty bulk. i going to try a find a pick where he was up to like 260 i believe. But he always comes in condition for shows.

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
you mean the one's where you can't even tell he is a pro bodybuilder cause he is so fat....yeah i've seen'em
Well keep that in mind then.He can definately cut no problem!He doesn't bulk as dirty as he used to.He has admitted to binge eating while dieting.Just "sneaking away"and eating crap.A guy who trained him was saying you wouldn't see him for days.Lee said he would do cardio everytime he ate crap.I think he said he would do 6-8 hrs of cardio some days.My point is he still comes in ripped even when cheating.

raginfcktard

raginfcktard

Awards
  • Established
Well keep that in mind then.He can definately cut no problem!He doesn't bulk as dirty as he used to.He has admitted to binge eating while dieting.Just "sneaking away"and eating crap.A guy who trained him was saying you wouldn't see him for days.Lee said he would do cardio everytime he ate crap.I think he said he would do 6-8 hrs of cardio some days.My point is he still comes in ripped even when cheating.
i was implying that he is unlikey to sacrifice his muscle to compete there...shredded he is well over 205!

mindgame

mindgame

Awards
  • Established
yea i forgot where i read that at too. I was looking for that same post. lol and yes that pic also where he looks like a fat slob in a way.

raginfcktard

raginfcktard

Awards
  • Established
this is one of my favorite pics of any bodybuilder...one that actually inspired me to start lifting, lee is one of my favorites.

mindgame

mindgame

Awards
  • Established
[nomedia="http://youtube.com/watch?v=uYEyKDBHUNc"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]

i luv this vid. Its one of my favs.

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
yea i forgot where i read that at too. I was looking for that same post. lol and yes that pic also where he looks like a fat slob in a way.
Well I mentioned that on this site in another thread,I read it in an interview in MD.

I see where you're comming from now fvcktard.

mindgame

mindgame

Awards
  • Established
Well I mentioned that on this site in another thread,I read it in an interview in MD.

I see where you're comming from now fvcktard.
I just started following BBing and the bbders. Once i see this guys pic with those arms i been hook on his vids and i cant wait to see him in a show! and in real life. Next year my goal is ethier The Arnold Classic or Mr. Olympia.

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I just started following BBing and the bbders. Once i see this guys pic with those arms i been hook on his vids and i cant wait to see him in a show! and in real life. Next year my goal is ethier The Arnold Classic or Mr. Olympia.
He was one of the first I loved at first too when getting into bb'ing.And he has stuck.All are impressive,but few realy stand out like he does.I should clarify stand out in a good pleasing way.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
http://youtube.com/watch?v=uYEyKDBHUNc

i luv this vid. Its one of my favs.
wow he looks amazing in that contest! really i would put him top 4 if he came in like that against todays olympias. I wonder if he will compete this year and how he will look as he hasnt competed in a while. Another thing about eating so much in the offseason is i think when you pack on so much weight like that your legs are forced to grow esp calves and lee has amazing calves.

nickd84

nickd84

Awards
Well eating like that sure didnt help out Trey Brewer!

Plates1971

Plates1971

Awards
Lee Priest has been my inspiration in bodybuilding for years......I have spoke with him on 4 occaisions. He is really cool and down to earth. I do not think there is a better build in bodybuilding than Lee... it is good to see he is back in the IFBB..... they had to reistate the guy, he is a very good crowd draw...and the IFBB is in the buisiness to make money. I think what I like most about the guy other than his inhuman physique is he is not afraid to speak his mind.....regardless of the consequences....he always spits it like it is is, no fluff or filler. Hale to the Blonde Myth! :woohoo: