Victor Martinez 08 Olympia?

mindgame

mindgame

Awards
  • Established
To end all rumors

Muscular Development Online Magazine - Official Word on Victor Martinez!

Official Word on Victor Martinez!
Written by Dave Palumbo
Saturday, 24 May 2008
Despite the rumors on various internet message boards, radio shows, or rival magazine websites; Victor Martinez spelled it out very clearly, during a stint on Muscular Development's NO BULL RADIO SHOW. He has NOT made a decision as to whether or not he'll enter the 2008 Mr. Olympia contest.

According to Martinez, "Robin Chang of AMI/WEIDER I told me I had to turn in my Olympia application. However, he said that if I didn't feel my body was up to it, I wouldn't be required to compete. As of right now, I have not decided one way or another."

When asked why FLEX writer Julian Schmidt quoted him as saying that he would most likely be doing the Olympia, Victor's response was short and to the point: "I never even talked to Julian. I don't know where that came from."

Whatever the reason why various conflicting reports have been circulating around the internet, the bottom line is that Victor's training is improving by the day and he's just looking forward to the day when he steps back onstage. Whether or not that will be in 18 weeks at the Mr. Olympia or sometime next year at the Arnold Classic, only time will tell!

Stay tuned for future official reports on Victor Martinez's return to the stage, only on MUSCULARDEVELOPMENT.com.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
He's not 100% decided mentally, but he's been medically advised left and right by his personal PT and friends that he shouldn't. Less of a "miracle" recovery, he won't be competing.

I am a HUUUUGE Victor fan and I want nothing less then Victor being rightfully, past due crowned Mr. Olympia, but if he waits too long to jump in, he might not be where he needs to be to beat out Cutler.

I'm guessing he won't compete. He has a career to worry about and theres no sense in risky more serious and permanent injury over this one Olympia.

mindgame

mindgame

Awards
  • Established
im with you on this one..i say he shouldnt compete bekuz it cann really mess up his career if he doesnt show up 100%. I bet he wont compete olympia but he wil be for the Arnold though

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
im with you on this one..i say he shouldnt compete bekuz it cann really mess up his career if he doesnt show up 100%. I bet he wont compete olympia but he wil be for the Arnold though
Yeah, I think the Arnold is a for sure. Who are you rooting to win if Victor is not in the line up?

mindgame

mindgame

Awards
  • Established
well are you talking about the Olympia? if so

this is my top 5 line up

1. Jay Cutler (i still believe he is going to win sorry to say)
2. Dexter Jackson
3. Dennis Wolf
4. Phil Heath
5. Kai Green

Thats who i believe. I may be wrong with Kai but he is making a good showing so far this year and i believe he might even get 4th if he is on the mark.

whats urs?

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established

this is my top 5 line up

2. Dexter Jackson
3. Dennis Wolf
4. Phil Heath
5. Kai Green
Are you serious???
Dennis
Jay(though he shouldnt be here or on top)
Phil
Then tossup between dex and Kai.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

this is my top 5 line up

2. Dexter Jackson
3. Dennis Wolf
4. Phil Heath
5. Kai Green

Thats who i believe. I may be wrong with Kai but he is making a good showing so far this year and i believe he might even get 4th if he is on the mark.

whats urs?
I'll be really surprised if Phil could pull off 4th. I'd love it, but I don't think he can do that well at the Olympia. Phil is one of the sharpest bodybuilders in terms of conditioning, but as it stands, the Olympia is by far the most size focused competition and I would place him behind that entire list. I like everyone you listed and I would agree with your pick & ranking, wth the exception of Phil. But best of luck to him, he's one of my favorites.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
I'll be really surprised if Phil could pull off 4th. I'd love it, but I don't think he can do that well at the Olympia. Phil is one of the sharpest bodybuilders in terms of conditioning, but as it stands, the Olympia is by far the most size focused competition and I would place him behind that entire list. I like everyone you listed and I would agree with your pick & ranking, wth the exception of Phil. But best of luck to him, he's one of my favorites.

So if you feel its size then you think itll go something like...

Jay
Wolf
Kai
Phil or dex

Either way he'll be top 5
I like to think with Ronnie out, Jay getting messy, BBing is going to favor the more dry shredded guys like Phil, Vic, Dex, Kai(i know his gut though)

Its only a matter of time before fans get stupid pissed and show that Jay should not hold top place much longer.

mindgame

mindgame

Awards
  • Established
Are you serious???
Dennis
Jay(though he shouldnt be here or on top)
Phil
Then tossup between dex and Kai.
yes im serious! Look what happen last year? Jay wasnt even 100% but he still won. Also when i saw to Jay this year when he visited Missoula, Montana I had a chance to talk to him he said hes training this year like its his last. He says hes not going to reitre yet. But hes training like no other before. Thats why he appereances around the coutry is getting cut short this year compare to last year so he has more time to get ready.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Jay Cutler is probably going to be given Mr. Olympia again.

Dex, Dennis, Phil all have better physiques than him other than 'size'.

Kai Green comes in really nice, however he's starting to develop a ronnie coleman gut.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If Victor is not in the lineup here is the top in the Olympia
1. Dennis Wolf or Cutler, but that is my top 2
2. Jay Cutler
3. Phil Heath
4. Dexter Jackson
5. Kai Greene

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Whenever I see the word Dennis. My mind still automatically goes to Dennis Jame, not Wolf.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
i dont think phil will place that high either 5th at the most but you never know with conditioning some guys might come in off.

victor wont be there im betting.

id really like to see dexter or wolf take it but sadly cutler is a shoe in.

TerribleTowel

TerribleTowel

Awards
  • Established
i dont want him to win if he doesnt deserve it like last year but we shall see!!
There's been a lot of Olympia winners in the past who didn't deserve it. There was years Arnold wasn't the best. Same with Haney, Yates, and Coleman. Once you win the Olympia it's almost harder to lose the title than it is to repeat.