Becoming pro does not guarantee sponsorship deals if you don't have a following.

LoveCompeting

LoveCompeting

Awards
So many people out there think that becoming pro will guarantee you a sponsorship. That is so far from the truth.

Look at all the people out there who are not pro's, do not have a pro card of any sort, and get more sponsors than a lower end IFBB pro.

In 2018 it seems like the best way to make money is to build your social media and make it strong. If you do not have a strong following on social media its very rare to get any sort of sponsorship unless you are winning big time shows on the IFBB circuit such as the Olympia. Back in the day before social media, you would get sponsors much more easily just by competing. Those days are over in my opinion. I was watching a video on you tube recently with Rich Piana covering this when he was alive. He said that competing gets you jack **** nowadays, and an athlete would benefit much more financially and through sponsorship by focusing most of their time on building their social media. He agreed that the days of making money through competing are over.

Thoughts?

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
the days of buying products endorsed by ifbb pros is over in general....why would a company sponsor a pro bodybuilder if no one cares about bodybuilding like that anymore

the ifbb has become a joke and unrealistic look for a majority of ppl that it's become a situation where ppl see them and don't think "I want to look like that guy, let me take this cell-tech" or who is going out and buying 4 inch compression shorts to lift in because they saw kai greene lifting in them....no one

I feel like crossfit guys and girls have a better chance to sell products that ifbb pros do at this point

Country

Awards
Without social media ur not gonna get that exposure its a must i actually hired a team to help me went from 20k followers to 120k in 7 months. Its a must these days

Country

Awards
I see physic and classic physic guys getting a lot of work soon the mass monster days will come to an end.

Country

Awards
So many people out there think that becoming pro will guarantee you a sponsorship. That is so far from the truth.

Look at all the people out there who are not pro's, do not have a pro card of any sort, and get more sponsors than a lower end IFBB pro.

In 2018 it seems like the best way to make money is to build your social media and make it strong. If you do not have a strong following on social media its very rare to get any sort of sponsorship unless you are winning big time shows on the IFBB circuit such as the Olympia. Back in the day before social media, you would get sponsors much more easily just by competing. Those days are over in my opinion. I was watching a video on you tube recently with Rich Piana covering this when he was alive. He said that competing gets you jack **** nowadays, and an athlete would benefit much more financially and through sponsorship by focusing most of their time on building their social media. He agreed that the days of making money through competing are over.

Thoughts?
Agree 100 percent