Broken arm

grant123

grant123

Awards
Well I’m gutted I’ve been in cast for 2 and a half months. I snapped both bones in my wrist and had to have k wires fitted. they was removed last week and the cast comes off next week and was wondering if any one can give me a rough time on recovery as it’s doing my nut seeing my arm waste away. Any help will be great

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well I’m gutted I’ve been in cast for 2 and a half months. I snapped both bones in my wrist and had to have k wires fitted. they was removed last week and the cast comes off next week and was wondering if any one can give me a rough time on recovery as it’s doing my nut seeing my arm waste away. Any help will be great
I remember when I broke my wrist in 2 places... honestly as soon as you take the cast off you can start rehabbing it. It doesn't take long for it to come back man.

I remember that feeling though lol looking at my arm like wth that does not look right.

grant123

grant123

Awards
I remember when I broke my wrist in 2 places... honestly as soon as you take the cast off you can start rehabbing it. It doesn't take long for it to come back man
They said I’ll be looking at about 6 weeks Physio to get my hand to move again after the cast is off. I’ve read that after people still have problems lifting heavy and not to try for at least 6 months after a break or it could brake again seams a bit long to me to wait

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That seems crazy to me... I could move my hand as soon as I took the cast off. Was really weak but I could move it

grant123

grant123

Awards
I know it was a bad break just by looking at it as I could see the bone pushing against the skin. plus my hand popped out of joint and was facing the other way. Did urs heal as strong as it was before and if so how long roughly

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It healed completely... As I'm quite a bit older now it does have a pop to it. No doubt from the break. But a few months after I got my cast off if say I was at 90%

How did you break it?

grant123

grant123

Awards
nice one mate that’s well good hopefully I recover just as quick. I been taking calcium vitamins so hopefully that helps speed it up to