I Have No Idea Where To Start..

Fat2fit2017

Fat2fit2017

Awards
So I made up my mind in February that I'm going to start living a much healthier lifestyle and build the body I've always wanted and been envious of. I consulted and employed a dietician to come up with a diet and simple workout with which to cut weight. Since then, I've gone from 280lb to 239lb. I'm starting to look down the pipe at what is to come next and the next thing to look forward to, though I still want to lose 60 more lb before I start with any ph or steroids. My issue at the moment is that I'm mainly focused on cardio in order to keep my heart rate up, and really neglecting the strength training side of the coin. I go to the gym 5 times per week, sometimes 6. I'm being told that I need to start with obtaining a solid muscle to mind connection before I can focus on targeting certain muscles or groups of muscles. Is there anything I could do after my cardio workout to start obtaining this connection my buddy is talking about? My main focus is on traps, lats, pecs and obliques. I'd also like to train my forearms quite a bit. The issue is there is so much conflicting information out there that it's really hard for me to choose the most effective workouts for results. I realise nothing happens overnight, and I'm certainly determined to see this through, I just want to be sure that I'm not wasting my (never enough) time on ineffective exercises. Also, when I do finally reach my goal of 180 lb, which I'd like to meet within the next 5 months, which ph or steroid, if any, do you suggest to further lean and aid in physique? Sorry for the lengthy post, and if there are any inaccuracies or contradictions, I'd like to apologise for that in advance as well. I'm here to learn, much as everyone here was a beginner at some point in their lives did. Finally, many many thanks in advance for any advice that comes my way. I've been reading on the site here for about a month, and I must say you guys'wealth of knowledge is extremely impressive.

celticthug

Awards
Lot of stuff to address. I'll try my best.
Ok. First off. You need to learn the fundamentals of weight training to begin with. It doesn't sound like you have this accomplished yet. Compound movements. Bench,squat,dead,bent row,pull up,overhead press. These and a few more are the building blocks to a muscle. Plain and simple. You need to learn these movements first. Then you need to perfect them enough that you can take them to failure,and be safe. Then learn how to use progressive overload in those exercises. Then worry more about mind muscle connection. Of course while your learning your compound movements,learning to take them to failure,and using progressive overload. You can be improving your mind muscle connection. But these are the fundamentals of bodybuilding or weightlifting. People want to skip steps and just go to what they see others doing. Don't even worry about isolation exercises. Just a few....side dumb raises,curls,calf raises. Funda****ingmentals . Spend bunch time doing isolation work? Worried about some muscle definition you don't have cause you don't have any real muscle?
While guy with his head screwed on right adds lbs to bar and his body. Choice is yours.
Work your legs. Don't be chicken leg guy. And in reality they help your whole body grow. Nuff said.
Ok.. maybe not! Work your ****ing legs.ok!

You have no business doing any type of steroids or pH at this time. Years off bro. Learn about them and get educated. You want a solid foundation of muscle before you start them. Thats the last trick in the bag. Save it till the right time. Then when you do play that card,the rewards will be significantly greater.

Compound movements. Learn all essential ones. Learn to take them to REAL failure. Employ overload progression (adding more weight to bar) This is where your efforts need to be. This is how you make real muscle. It's bodybuilding 101 ****. Of course there is more to it than that. But that's a good year of work for you right there.

Good success on your weight loss. And keep up the good work! Good luck!

Fat2fit2017

Fat2fit2017

Awards
Lot of stuff to address. I'll try my best.
Ok. First off. You need to learn the fundamentals of weight training to begin with. It doesn't sound like you have this accomplished yet. Compound movements. Bench,squat,dead,bent row,pull up,overhead press. These and a few more are the building blocks to a muscle. Plain and simple. You need to learn these movements first. Then you need to perfect them enough that you can take them to failure,and be safe. Then learn how to use progressive overload in those exercises. Then worry more about mind muscle connection. Of course while your learning your compound movements,learning to take them to failure,and using progressive overload. You can be improving your mind muscle connection. But these are the fundamentals of bodybuilding or weightlifting. People want to skip steps and just go to what they see others doing. Don't even worry about isolation exercises. Just a few....side dumb raises,curls,calf raises. Funda****ingmentals . Spend bunch time doing isolation work? Worried about some muscle definition you don't have cause you don't have any real muscle?
While guy with his head screwed on right adds lbs to bar and his body. Choice is yours.
Work your legs. Don't be chicken leg guy. And in reality they help your whole body grow. Nuff said.
Ok.. maybe not! Work your ****ing legs.ok!

You have no business doing any type of steroids or pH at this time. Years off bro. Learn about them and get educated. You want a solid foundation of muscle before you start them. Thats the last trick in the bag. Save it till the right time. Then when you do play that card,the rewards will be significantly greater.

Compound movements. Learn all essential ones. Learn to take them to REAL failure. Employ overload progression (adding more weight to bar) This is where your efforts need to be. This is how you make real muscle. It's bodybuilding 101 ****. Of course there is more to it than that. But that's a good year of work for you right there.

Good success on your weight loss. And keep up the good work! Good luck!
Thank you for the reply! I guess I completely neglected to state that I've lifted quite a bit previously and, while I'm nowhere close to where I need to be, I'm still pretty proficient with lifting techniques and movements. I've utilized drop sets, negative reps and 3/4 reps to failure to usher blood to the muscle. I normally always utilize slow, controlled movements with squeezes at the end of movement.

I agree that I'm not close to being ready for prohormones or steroids, and I'm glad I'm finding someone who's going to match that sentiment. I appreciate that.

My focus recently has been entirely on cardio and cutting weight to attain a certain goal. From there, I'm going to bulk and cut several times, so as to lean out as much as possible. I realize this is going to take some time. Again. Thank you for the reply and the kind words!

celticthug

Awards
Lol! Ok then.

You sound like you have a base. My advice would be to remember your basics. I see too many guys lift for few months and before you know it ! There program becomes almost total isolation exercises. My bulks are almost nothing but the basics. Still with progressive overload. Im using forced reps,and drop sets. Using care not to overdo it. Benching 225 for 6 dosnt't hit your recovery nearly as much a 405 for 6. If your Natty. You can definitely still use high volume workouts. But it's easier to do too much. If your juiced,you can push much harder. Having said that. Don't forget. Strong people are usually pretty big. If you push your weights up? Your muscles get bigger. Add right amount of volume to this approach? And it will take you about a far as you can Natty style.

Start learning about AAS now. It will take good 6 months of hard study to know what you need to. Assuming you have other things to do as well.

Tried to give you something you could use. Lol! Good luck

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If you're having a lot of fat you have to Think different compared to if you have a lean body. My advice is to cut down some carbs and figure out how much you need to keep weight, to do this you have to know your height, age and weight. I would definitely focus on the gym but I also suggest you to run a lot. Your main goal shouldnt be to build muscles now instead to drop the weight and then build muscles cause that's your goal. A test cycle only is quite effective and should normally be your first so you know how youll react on that alone, then after you can add compounds. There are a lot of compounds that are great to lean out but most effective when you drop weight. I am very lean now and a test cycle only would add mass and possibly lean out more while for an overweight person you wouldn't notice much in that area.

Steroids aren't fatburners but they can help by adding muscle. I personally find winstrol to be really effective with a test cycle. You have to see how you look and go from there. If you can't see abs I wouldn't expect too much and rather drop more fat to get better results.

You don't build muscles better if you're lean but you'll be more safe from the sides and the visual look will be non comparable.

Great job so far by the way, should be proud of yourself

swolevaro

Awards
Start by setting up a routine that works, schedule time to devote to working out, once you have that scheduled out, start going to the gym, watch others, don't be shy to ask questions. Use the "newbie" card as much as you want, people are generally willing to help out.

If you lack motivation find a buddy willing to go to the gym with you and keep you accountable.

---
Phil Heath Livestreams - Tue and Th. 2PT - goo.gl/QcixQc