How to start out to get to Pro

believer87

believer87

Awards
How does one go about becoming a pro along the lines of sponsorship, because its so tough as it is but with little to no funds how do you get there?

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
How does one go about becoming a pro along the lines of sponsorship, because its so tough as it is but with little to no funds how do you get there?
Lmao non.natural bodybuilding requires a tremendous amount of money..

believer87

believer87

Awards
So how do they do it? General question... Not all those guys where 1%ers, or where they?

believer87

believer87

Awards
How do they get there? Spending every dime they have?

crispycrown

crispycrown

Awards
Well you can look at Kai Greene, he came from nothing and worked his way up but along the way had to work hard to get there.

obviously theres the grapefruit thing, along with that he worked as a cage dancer for tips along with a slew of other body erotic jobs in order to pay the bills for all his gear. read a great undercover interview where an unnamed ifbb pro talked about how many bb'ers make ends meet because unless if youre in the top 1% you wont make enough to support yourself so many are literally gay prostitutes, bodies for hire, etc. just to make ends meet. It was a seriously dreadful view of what bb is.

So if youve got the body start whoring yourself out now because it might be the only way.

believer87

believer87

Awards
Wow.. Different side of things but one thing for sure..I won't be doing any of that.. Cougars wanted haha Jk..

vassille

Awards
You get a real job and do BB on the side. If the BB doesnt pan out then you still have the job. Many did it this way and it's the safest way.
You also need to have an understanding family. Other than that good work ethic, good genetics and some luck.

believer87

believer87

Awards
@vassille..

That's what I'm talking about.. That's called intelligence
Thanks

MuscleGauge1

MuscleGauge1

Board Sponsor
Awards
You get a real job and do BB on the side. If the BB doesnt pan out then you still have the job. Many did it this way and it's the safest way.
You also need to have an understanding family. Other than that good work ethic, good genetics and some luck.
Indeed. Its a very expensive sport! I find it more expensive for females than males even, but I guess it balances out in the gear. But you must work ur ass off and self promotion helps, media output groups and web media groups. Its hard to work full time and take care of a family and still have time to train and promote yourself as an athlete in the sport and still perform well enough to be noticed! Its not impossible, it can be done! You just have to have iron will and determination and be persistent on all sides!

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

believer87

believer87

Awards
@musclegauge

Again another great response.. I love when you can tell the people who have the hard work ethics in their blood.. Everything is hard work..or why do it.

"You may not attain everything you work hard for, but anything you attain takes hard work"
- cant remember the one who said this

badnews09

badnews09

Awards
Look up some YouTube videos of flex Lewis he talks about how he got in with gaspari nutrition great story of sacrifice and success

usealittle

usealittle

Awards
  • Established
Easy.... Lots of drugs and living in the gym and no social life oh almost for got, a great body shape with lots of pain killers and food. Cuz if you want it that bad when it's time to eat it's time to eat, which mean you need to take all your food with you. You don't want to be cought out somewhere with no food that will fit into your diet. You have to take what pros say with a grain of salt... They need to say "it was easy for me and you can do it to" so they can keep there jobs and keep the money Rollin in from there sponsors. Cuz if we where not here talkin about this right not they might not have the money to live there lives the way they do. Back in the day there used to lots of GFP in this industry. Thaylt was before big time Corp. Sponsorship...

So I guess it not all that easy....

WPChickDiesel

WPChickDiesel

Awards
@musclegauge

Again another great response.. I love when you can tell the people who have the hard work ethics in their blood.. Everything is hard work..or why do it.

"You may not attain everything you work hard for, but anything you attain takes hard work"
- cant remember the one who said this
Thank you Believer, I was speaking from personal experience of course, but I found it to be helpful to other when this sport is all too often looked at through foggy rose colored lenses so to speak. Some people only see the magazine photo shoots, the glitz and fame of being a top ranked pro, but its just that...top ranked pros and those who win the shows as a pro with Men still making more than Women in this sport as well when it comes to balancing outthe figure head to head at shows like Olympia and the Arnold. There are plenty of pros out there on the circuit who aren't in the the headlines on a regular basis and its because of a few different factors, some have families and careers, they might have left the scene to start a business and found it to be tough to come back to the stage because they are unknown. Its really a selfish sport because you sacrifice everything for the sake of a title, sure family support helps, but until you are raking in the dough as the next Lee Priest or hell Arnold...your family doesnt really benefit from your dedication and hardwork and really do they see you enough between traveling, shows and training to say that its honestly enriching the family? I think these things are overlooked when it comes to being an elite athlete on a national level especially in the international and national leagues such as Ifbb and Npc. I think it could be easier for the smaller organization members because they cap off at a different level whereas with ifbb you have the larger shows of course and world competitions as a pro too. You have to make sacrifices you might not like or feel unsettled with and be comfortable with them and remember why you are in this sport! If you are in it to be sponsored, be in a magazine, or anything along those lines it is for the wrong reasons...you can do all that without being a competitor. Really dig deep and get advice or learn experiences from others before you take the dive.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

newbreed

Awards
Well you can look at Kai Greene, he came from nothing and worked his way up but along the way had to work hard to get there.

obviously theres the grapefruit thing, along with that he worked as a cage dancer for tips along with a slew of other body erotic jobs in order to pay the bills for all his gear. read a great undercover interview where an unnamed ifbb pro talked about how many bb'ers make ends meet because unless if youre in the top 1% you wont make enough to support yourself so many are literally gay prostitutes, bodies for hire, etc. just to make ends meet. It was a seriously dreadful view of what bb is.

So if youve got the body start whoring yourself out now because it might be the only way.
It's so sad that athletes of the sport have to do that. I met a pro who told me the same thing. Crazy. I would get a real job that pays well this way I have something to fall back on like what was mentioned earlier.