kai greene was better

meathead249

meathead249

Awards
Did you think kai greene should have been mr o instead of phil your thoughts?

CobbledPath

Awards
I am a big fan of Kai and I thought he could win until the last side by side comparisons. Phil deserved the win imo. But congrats to them both, they were incredible

Legacyfighter

Legacyfighter

Awards
  • Established
I Agree with cobbledpath. I think kai had slightly better conditioning. I also think kai had better legs and back. However, phil's v-taper was better. Phil has very wide shoulders and a very narrow waist, his arms are big enough to fill in all the gaps to make EVERY pose look great. Great competition

lamonster14

lamonster14

Awards
Imo its comparing apples to oranges. Both looked incresible. Phils delts are out if this world but i think his back looked sub par compared to kai. Also kai"s conditioning was incredible. But the big story was rhoden, he remided me of flex wheeler

Miss Q

Miss Q

Awards
Thought Kai had a nicer shape than usual, but Phil has prettier muscle bellies. For a minute we thought those two were going to go at since they were practically on top of one another!!:duel:

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
Thought Kai had a nicer shape than usual, but Phil had prettier muscle bellies. For a minute we thought they were going to go at it on stage as they certainly right on top of each other!!:duel:
Agreed. Phil had density and the depth. Kai had much more shape in his hamstring/glutes clearly shown in the side profile along with his unmistakable lower back tree. Phil can be a bit more pleasing in the most muscular. Kai got tighter as he posed but Phil came out that way. Phil has a more definable abdominal wall. All said and done its a close call but I was pulling for Kai.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
phil was much wider from the front, i thought he had more detail in his back even tho it was smaller....kai has bigger legs...but phils overall package and look is much better

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I Agree with cobbledpath. I think kai had slightly better conditioning. I also think kai had better legs and back. However, phil's v-taper was better. Phil has very wide shoulders and a very narrow waist, his arms are big enough to fill in all the gaps to make EVERY pose look great. Great competition
Yeah, I think this is what happened. I think it came down to what those judges wanted at the time, and they decided they preferred what Phil was bringing to the table. But man, that tree on Kai's back was sick.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It is like the commentators said: It is not about their strengths, it is about where they are lacking. Phil has less deficiencies than Kai. Kai was definitely in better condition than Phil and it almost carried him to the win but Phil's overall package is solid. If Phil had benn spot on with his conditioning there wouldn't have been any doubts. My .02

zimbareo

Awards
Imo Kai looked better in pre-judging than he did in the night show, he looked like he lost a lot of fullness in his physique.

UnderXero

UnderXero

Awards
Imo Kai looked better in pre-judging than he did in the night show, he looked like he lost a lot of fullness in his physique.
Yup!!! He was looking a lil flat compared to
Prejudging, Kai just needed a bit more traps, shoulders and chest and he would of taken it!

Don't get me wrong I have never seen Kai this aesthetically pleasing

Legacyfighter

Legacyfighter

Awards
  • Established
Just throwing this out there... Rhoden looked the best to me. Amazing physique, not saying he should have won. he didn't have the freak factor, but his physique was near perfect if you ask me

zimbareo

Awards
Just throwing this out there... Rhoden looked the best to me. Amazing physique, not saying he should have won. he didn't have the freak factor, but his physique was near perfect if you ask me
In a way the freak factor seems like its on it's way out, judges seem to be moving away from the mass monsters and back to more aesthetic physiques.

In the end it's probably the best move if they want to get back to the popularity body building had in the past.

Legacyfighter

Legacyfighter

Awards
  • Established
In a way the freak factor seems like its on it's way out, judges seem to be moving away from the mass monsters and back to more aesthetic physiques.

In the end it's probably the best move if they want to get back to the popularity body building had in the past.
If this is the case, Jay and Branch will never have a shot at winning. i agree that it could be a good move for the sport though. Maybe the mass monster thing is why correa didnt win the 212's...

jaycuda

jaycuda

Awards
  • Established
Very close competition imo. I'd give the win to Phil though.

[video=youtube;ikO1InZhtws]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikO1InZhtws[/video]

newbreed

Awards
I think Rhoden had the best physique. Great shape and definition. Between Kai and Phil? Tough call.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think Rhoden had the best physique. Great shape and definition. Between Kai and Phil? Tough call.
yeah rhoden def had the best physique.....i'm actually surprised he brought the size as well

newbreed

Awards
yeah rhoden def had the best physique.....i'm actually surprised he brought the size as well
Me too. Give him a couple years. I think he's a future Mr. Olympia as long as he doesn't go crazy playing the size game.

Legacyfighter

Legacyfighter

Awards
  • Established
Rhoden puts on 10 more lbs and he wins it next year