30 too late to start????????

Mkspillai

Awards
I am 30 yrs old and been working out for the past year.... I am hooked now and wanna try and get into pro bodybuilding... Think it's too late to start?????? I seem to be able to lose fat and gain muscle easily... And have always been a very athletic person all through my school days and college days.... Any one know of any pro bodybuilders that started in their 30s?????

rsnake21

rsnake21

Awards
  • Established
I don't think it's too late at all man. Sounds like you have good genetics. With the right motivation and willingness to constantly learn I believe it can be done.

Mkspillai

Awards
Thanks guys.. Would have loved a crack at Mr O title... Lol... I definitely would love to get into the big leagues someday... So far I've been pretty disciplined with my diet and training... I was thinking train hard for two years and have a go at the natural bodybuilding league and then may be go for the big boy league...

Mkspillai

Awards
I stick to 6 meals... Sleep 8 hrs... Workout 5 days a week... I eat Clean... Oats, chicken breast, brown rice, white fish, egg whites, veg and salad are my everyday food items, along with two whey protein shakes a day... I do early morning cardio 5 days a week on empty stomach...

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Post pics and we'll let you know. At 30, there is only SO MUCH MORE you will gain. 35 is about the PRIME for nationally COMPETITIVE bb'ers

Just keeping it real. Doesnt mean you cant bust your bump, prove the naysayers all wrong and eclipse ALL expectations :)

Mkspillai

Awards
if your trying to bulk i would suggest not doing cardio that many times a week 3 at most. and don't do cardio on an empty stomach.

I figured I'd lose fat and get ripped before I start a good bulk... If I can manage to keep my fat Levels to single digit then it would be a great help when trying to bulk... Hence the regular cardio.... And clean eating...

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
You have a better chance of getting struck by lightning AND winning the lotto at the same time, than becoming an IFBB pro if you just started lifting at/near 30 years old. If you are 6ft that is another strike against you, and if you are really under 200lbs that is yet ANOTHER strike against you. And we haven't even seen pics. You might not even have the insertions, muscle bellies, etc to be pro even if you got to pro size.

Train, enjoy it, don't get too wrapped up in the whole pro thing. JMO.

Mkspillai

Awards
You have a better chance of getting struck by lightning AND winning the lotto at the same time, than becoming an IFBB pro if you just started lifting at/near 30 years old. If you are 6ft that is another strike against you, and if you are really under 200lbs that is yet ANOTHER strike against you. And we haven't even seen pics. You might not even have the insertions, muscle bellies, etc to be pro even if you got to pro size.

Train, enjoy it, don't get too wrapped up in the whole pro thing. JMO.
Thank you for the frank reply... Appreciate it... Was just looking for some inspiration really... But it's always good to get a reality check....

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Having goals is great but letting other areas of your life go to **** to try and accomplish a pipe dream is not good. Not saying this is you but I've seen people soo consumed by becoming pro that they literally do nothing but live for it.

You gotta be realistic. It's like me at 30, and 5'8 deciding i wanna play in the NBA. It's just not a reality.

Good luck. Train your ass off, enjoy the ride, be the best you, you can be.

Mkspillai

Awards
Having goals is great but letting other areas of your life go to **** to try and accomplish a pipe dream is not good. Not saying this is you but I've seen people soo consumed by becoming pro that they literally do nothing but live for it.

You gotta be realistic. It's like me at 30, and 5'8 deciding i wanna play in the NBA. It's just not a reality.

Good luck. Train your ass off, enjoy the ride, be the best you, you can be.
I knw exactly what u mean... I don't have any intentions on throwing my life away for this dream... My family comes first... I am a family man, business man and a bodybuilding fan... In that exact order... But I enjoy my weights and I am going to stick to my efforts for as long as I can.. Didn't really expect to take on phil Heath... Lol..

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
you better have some crazy genetics to go a long, pro bb is not a glamorous sport most guys do it just to feel good about them selves, it does not pay much either unless you are a sponsor elite athlete, then you gotta consider the cost of the drugs they take to look that massive, you will end up broke oh and yes you have to eat like a horse :)

Mkspillai

Awards
you better have some crazy genetics to go a long, pro bb is not a glamorous sport most guys do it just to feel good about them selves, it does not pay much either unless you are a sponsor elite athlete, then you gotta consider the cost of the drugs they take to look that massive, you will end up broke oh and yes you have to eat like a horse :)
So pro bb is expensive cuz guys take a lots stuff .. Understandable... Natural bodybuilding is filled with guys who take steroids.. I guess I'll stick to my workouts and see where I end up in the next 2 yrs... I haven't taken any steroids and won't for at least another 2 yrs... I wanna see what I can do as a 30 something yr old.. Lol..

16dawg23

16dawg23

Awards
started working out at 40 did 1st show at 43 did ok. never to late imo.....hit that s**t.bro!!!

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
So pro bb is expensive cuz guys take a lots stuff .. Understandable... Natural bodybuilding is filled with guys who take steroids.. I guess I'll stick to my workouts and see where I end up in the next 2 yrs... I haven't taken any steroids and won't for at least another 2 yrs... I wanna see what I can do as a 30 something yr old.. Lol..
Stick to a good plan and see how far you can go, there;s many different levels of competition in that sport... btw gear is legal in the UK so you should not have any problems accessing it :)

Mkspillai

Awards
Stick to a good plan and see how far you can go, there;s many different levels of competition in that sport... btw gear is legal in the UK so you should not have any problems accessing it :)
Gear being legal is one thing... Getting good gear is one thing... Too many people out there that would rather sell poison to people to make money ...

Mkspillai

Awards
started working out at 40 did 1st show at 43 did ok. never to late imo.....hit that s**t.bro!!!
Thank you brother... I don't intend on giving up... If I can surprise myself in the year that I have been training... Guess I could surprise some pros at some point...

Vegastex

Vegastex

Awards
Never to late I started at 30 weighing 175 lbs now at 42 I'm 210 all naturally now I'm looking into for that edge to help with my gains. Main key is diet diet diet.

Mkspillai

Awards
Never to late I started at 30 weighing 175 lbs now at 42 I'm 210 all naturally now I'm looking into for that edge to help with my gains. Main key is diet diet diet.
I hear you about the diet... I cleaned out my diet and it's been amazing... Was tough to start with but now it's tougher to eat junk... I currently weight close to 190... Funny how when I started I was fat with 27% bf at183lbs... And now I'm abt 17% bf close to 190 lbs... I wanna try and get to abt 210 - 215 and then look into something for that extra push...

Vegastex

Vegastex

Awards
I here you there!!! I look at a soda and I think that's one hour on a tread mill if I drink that. I eat a lot of chicken and sweet potatoes and keep my water intake up, I'm at that point now I need a little push to get bigger currently at 210 to 215 lbs my goal is to hit 240 to 250 somedays are tough I feel older I get my goals are harder to hit. This week I'm going to up my protien,calorie,carbs and see if I can get any increase.still doing my research on Test C almost impossible to get here.

Mkspillai

Awards
I here you there!!! I look at a soda and I think that's one hour on a tread mill if I drink that. I eat a lot of chicken and sweet potatoes and keep my water intake up, I'm at that point now I need a little push to get bigger currently at 210 to 215 lbs my goal is to hit 240 to 250 somedays are tough I feel older I get my goals are harder to hit. This week I'm going to up my protien,calorie,carbs and see if I can get any increase.still doing my research on Test C almost impossible to get here.
I really wanna try and get my bf to abt 12% and then gonna do 3 month period for mass training... Currently I am going through a cutting phase... So it's all egg whites, chicken breast, brown rice, broccoli, and tilapia....

Planning my diet for mass cycle.. Changing tilapia with steak and potato... And may be change brown rice with white rice... Weight gainers are full of sugars.. So gonna stay away from them... May be a good meal replacement shake... To squeeze in an extra meal...

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am 30 yrs old and been working out for the past year.... I am hooked now and wanna try and get into pro bodybuilding... Think it's too late to start?????? I seem to be able to lose fat and gain muscle easily... And have always been a very athletic person all through my school days and college days.... Any one know of any pro bodybuilders that started in their 30s?????
At 6' and 185lbs you may want to have some realistic goals.

Pros in all sports are the very most elite.

How about set a goal to be in shape enough to compete at whatever level and play it from there.

Gerbil

Gerbil

Awards
  • Established

Mkspillai

Awards
One of my friends started at around 30, he then spent the following years working his ass off and won the Emerald Cup this year the first time he ever competed. In the over 40 division. Was his journey easy not at all he worked incredibly hard, and had the diet of a champion.

This is all the inspiration I need... Too many guys who think if u didn't start training at 10yrs of age ur never going anywhere...

Gerbil

Gerbil

Awards
  • Established
If you learn anything from Carey, learn that dedication and humility can bring you to greatness. He is the most modest person I know and is incredibly nice.
When people asked him how he did at the emerald cup he merely replied "I did well."

One of my friends started at around 30, he then spent the following years working his ass off and won the Emerald Cup this year the first time he ever competed. In the over 40 division. Was his journey easy not at all he worked incredibly hard, and had the diet of a champion.

This is all the inspiration I need... Too many guys who think if u didn't start training at 10yrs of age ur never going anywhere...

Mkspillai

Awards
If you learn anything from Carey, learn that dedication and humility can bring you to greatness. He is the most modest person I know and is incredibly nice.
When people asked him how he did at the emerald cup he merely replied "I did well."
He sounds like a great friend to have man.... Great inspiration...

16dawg23

16dawg23

Awards
very good (grate )for 1st comp! When a body builder see him self,he sees what he dosen't have not what he has.

Gerbil

Gerbil

Awards
  • Established
I will let him know you guys feel he is a beast. I see him almost daily at the gym.

ANIMALHAUS

ANIMALHAUS

Awards
Thanks guys.. Would have loved a crack at Mr O title... Lol... I definitely would love to get into the big leagues someday... So far I've been pretty disciplined with my diet and training... I was thinking train hard for two years and have a go at the natural bodybuilding league and then may be go for the big boy league...
I hate to break it to you, but nobody from the "big boy league" is natural. They all have years and years of experimenting with AAS, HGH, insulin and peptides. However, you're only 30 and you can most certainly train your heart out, eat like a bear, sleep like a baby and continue to develop an amazing physique. You don't have to be a teenager to bench press in the gym ;) I say go for it, and I wish you the best of luck!!!!

Mkspillai

Awards
I hate to break it to you, but nobody from the "big boy league" is natural. They all have years and years of experimenting with AAS, HGH, insulin and peptides. However, you're only 30 and you can most certainly train your heart out, eat like a bear, sleep like a baby and continue to develop an amazing physique. You don't have to be a teenager to bench press in the gym ;) I say go for it, and I wish you the best of luck!!!!
Oh I am aware of the "supplements".... I am training my heart out.. Eat for a town and sleep well.... I am addicted to it now and can't seem to change that... I'm definitely gonna give it my all...

ANIMALHAUS

ANIMALHAUS

Awards
Oh I am aware of the "supplements".... I am training my heart out.. Eat for a town and sleep well.... I am addicted to it now and can't seem to change that... I'm definitely gonna give it my all...
That's awesome, and best of luck!!!