What supplement should i take?

lilman7

Awards
I'm 20 years old, 6foot, and weight 145 pounds, I was just wondering which supplement is best to take. Thanks

DonnyG

DonnyG

Awards
  • Established
Ground beef, pasta, protein shakes, creatine mono or creatine nitrate and a multivitamin. Drink a gallon of water a day and eat a ton man.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ground beef, pasta, protein shakes, creatine mono or creatine nitrate and a multivitamin. Drink a gallon of water a day and eat a ton man.

Ground beef and pasta are foods. They are not supplements. Creatine mono and creatine nitrate both aren't needed.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
Ground beef and pasta are foods. They are not supplements. Creatine mono and creatine nitrate both aren't needed.
They might consider pink slime a 'supplement'. ;)

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
I'm 20 years old, 6foot, and weight 145 pounds, I was just wondering which supplement is best to take. Thanks
There are some REALLY good supplements that should be a must in every active person's lifestyle that want to maintain a sound body and mind. In the 'Ask Dr. Hauser' section the thread is called 'Top 10 supplements' or something like that. Some supplements are critical for reducing oxidative stress that is put on the body from intense training. You are very BLESSED to be 20 years old and SMART to be asking the right questions on this board. Sometimes you can find the answers by browsing and searching on the forums, but there are always people here willing to help. Please, do yourself a favor and start with the basics first. I used to be concerned with loading up on all these supplements focused on aesthetics and then finally realized that it's important to take care of the 'inside' too.
I strongly suggest that you read the Top 10 Supplements thread. It helped change my thought process and I've been into supplements for over a decade. I had it all ass-backwards.

superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
I'm thinking you'd be best off eating. ALOT. 4k cals a day. at 6ft and 145 eating a metric ton of food is your best option. dont worry about spending money on supps yet. if you're hell bent on taking something, get a mass gainer with creatine OR just plain ol' blended protien (syntha-6 or myofusion are the first that pop into mind because theyre my favorite as far as taste). you dont have to pick those two theyre just examples of a blend of whey, casein, egg, and i think theres a bit more in there. just pick sometihng that fits your budget and you can stomach.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
I'm thinking you'd be best off eating. ALOT. 4k cals a day. at 6ft and 145 eating a metric ton of food is your best option. dont worry about spending money on supps yet. if you're hell bent on taking something, get a mass gainer with creatine OR just plain ol' blended protien (syntha-6 or myofusion are the first that pop into mind because theyre my favorite as far as taste). you dont have to pick those two theyre just examples of a blend of whey, casein, egg, and i think theres a bit more in there. just pick sometihng that fits your budget and you can stomach.
I think that eating is good for everyone ;)

JackSteel

JackSteel

Awards
I agree that SOME supps shouldn't be an option at this point... With a *natural*, proven testosterone booster as one exception. You may not exactly NEED it but it definitely won't hurt! Good luck! I was your size 8 years ago and I've come a long way! Just bust your ass and eat like a monster!

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Study training and nutrition. Leave to supplements to those that have to much money and no idea what to spend it on. The top 10 supps would be all Id prob ever recommend, for anyone.

JackSteel

JackSteel

Awards
That's quite the ignorant statement sir! Ignoring the supps means ignoring your full potential! Given you are correct that a lot of supplements are worthless junk, but I would hope no one is looking for OR recommending natural supplements that don't make any difference. Supplement free is fine if you prefer but don't tell people who are trying to learn that supplements are all a waste of money. I sure as hell didn't get to where I am without supplemental help. No offense. Just can't let your last comment stand as is ;)

Paulito

Awards
You should focus on using a good multi -vitamin, fish oil an creatine. Other than that you should make sure your nutrition with whole foods is as good as you can make it!

DonnyG

DonnyG

Awards
  • Established
My reply was an obvious satire about the fact that the OP doesn't need any major supplements, what he needs is food and creatine (ATP) for recovery if he HAS to take something.