Big shoulders

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Big shoulders


    I've been workin out for bout 2 yrs but can't seem to get big shoulders! Anyone got any suggestions?


  2. What does your shoulders routine look like?
    •   
       


  3. I do dumbell military press, side raises, front raises, seated reverse raises and cable crossovers!

  4. But my weight on those is really light! Can't seem to get the strength on my shoulders! I try to push more weight but arms give out!

  5. Quote Originally Posted by Shak77 View Post
    But my weight on those is really light! Can't seem to get the strength on my shoulders! I try to push more weight but arms give out!
    Tweak your diet so your in a surplus,do some rotator cuff work,isolate rear delts when you can.Weak rear delts can cause inbalances.
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by Shak77 View Post
    But my weight on those is really light! Can't seem to get the strength on my shoulders! I try to push more weight but arms give out!
    your body doesnt know weight but yet resistance, you dont need heavy weights to build shoulders or any muscle for that matter
    Nutraceutical Innovations
    AMINDS15 - 15% code
    nutra-innovations.com

  7. Stop doing shoulders directly or at lest so much.

    Clean and press.
    Dumbbell shoulder press
    Maybe lateral cable raises for burnout:
    3 sets of reverse pyramid 6-12-25reps per set.

    Do maintenance lifting for the rest of your body while doing this for a few weeks.
    Antaeus Labs Rep

  8. Ok thankz! I'll try that! I'll let u know how it workz!

  9. I do my rotator cuff almost every 3rd dayz too!

  10. TYIs and Standing Barbell Military Presses have done wonders for my shoulders.

  11. Give this a try.. Works for me

    1) Smith or HS Shoulder Press - 5 sets
    2) DB side raises - 4 sets
    3) Rear Delt DB Raises or Reverse Pec Dec - 4 sets
    4) DB Front Raises - 4 sets
    5) Shrugs - 3 sets (I have overly developed traps)
    6) Machine Shoulder Press - FST*7 (7 sets 30-40 sec rest)

  12. Shrink your waist. Bingo....shoulders look bigger.

  13. That sounds like a sick routine! Thankz I'll try it

  14. Quote Originally Posted by SXIPro
    Shrink your waist. Bingo....shoulders look bigger.
    Very true too. Gives off the illusion that ur shoulders are much wider than they are

  15. Quote Originally Posted by Shak77
    That sounds like a sick routine! Thankz I'll try it
    Thanks bro that's what I do for my shoulders I keep it very simple and I hit every part of my shoulders. I only do 3 sets of shrugs cuz I don't need to work my traps out too much so if you do not have that problem just add 1 extra set.

  16. Wut a killer workout! I did most of it but kept the smith at 4 sets and couldn't do the machine! I had no power at all to do it but my shoulders never haz felt a pump like thiz! I know if I keep thiz up, I'll have killer shoulderz in no time! Thankz for the advice bro!!!?

  17. Quote Originally Posted by Shak77
    Wut a killer workout! I did most of it but kept the smith at 4 sets and couldn't do the machine! I had no power at all to do it but my shoulders never haz felt a pump like thiz! I know if I keep thiz up, I'll have killer shoulderz in no time! Thankz for the advice bro!!!?
    Glad you likes it man. Good sh*t!

  18. I started to focus on shoulders about 3 months ago and I've seen tremendous success with this routine. 5 sets with every exercise.

    -seated bb military press
    -standing bb military press
    -front raises
    -db shrugs

    Shoulders are the foundation of my workout these days.

    Donny

  19. I have the same problem, flat shoulders. They have started to grow some this year on this routine, with weight progression on each set.
    Seated DB press x5 + drop set
    Standing BB press x3
    Side laterals x4
    Rear Delt flys x4 + drop sets
    One arm side laterals

    I don't do front delts since they dont seem to need the work like the rest of my shoulder area.

  20. Quote Originally Posted by TankShift
    I have the same problem, flat shoulders. They have started to grow some this year on this routine, with weight progression on each set.
    Seated DB press x5 + drop set
    Standing BB press x3
    Side laterals x4
    Rear Delt flys x4 + drop sets
    One arm side laterals

    I don't do front delts since they dont seem to need the work like the rest of my shoulder area.
    Thats exactly the same as my shoulder routine

  21. Quote Originally Posted by Philshred View Post
    Thats exactly the same as my shoulder routine
    Word....here's to shoulders *toast*

  22. I love all of the routines I've read but were forgetting 1 that put cannon balls on Gaspari. Seated side raise. These mutha f^ckas have done wonders for me. My problem is that my Delts dominate most of my Upper body Multi-joint movements. I had to learn to do iso movements like seated side raises and the reverse pec-dec machine. Ronnie Coleman does standing Front-Side-Rear raises super-sets. He goes up the rack none stop. Now that's isolation and complete burnout. Hope this helps. I love being apart of these post fellas. Thanks for accepting anotha brotha

  23. Quote Originally Posted by pyrobatt View Post
    Tweak your diet so your in a surplus,do some rotator cuff work,isolate rear delts when you can.Weak rear delts can cause inbalances.
    Truth!

  24. Quote Originally Posted by Climax510
    I love all of the routines I've read but were forgetting 1 that put cannon balls on Gaspari. Seated side raise. These mutha f^ckas have done wonders for me. My problem is that my Delts dominate most of my Upper body Multi-joint movements. I had to learn to do iso movements like seated side raises and the reverse pec-dec machine. Ronnie Coleman does standing Front-Side-Rear raises super-sets. He goes up the rack none stop. Now that's isolation and complete burnout. Hope this helps. I love being apart of these post fellas. Thanks for accepting anotha brotha
    In my routine I have Side Lateral Raises listed. Just not seated. I like to do them standing instead. Sometimes when I drop set I'll sit down w/ the lighter weight

  25. My shoulder routine has worked extremely well for me.

    Sitting DB Press: 3x 12-15
    Military Press: 3x 12-15
    Standing DB press 3X 8-10
    Front,Side,Rear raises 2X10-15 Superset
    Upright Rows 2-3X8-10

    I do shoulders at a very fast pace. Full range of motion with lighter weight...Don't cheat like 99% of the gym.

  26. My Current routine seems to be working well. Not too little, not too much. I used to blast my shoulders hard as hell, but, they seem to respond better to a little less work.

    Standing Military Press - Wendlers 531 scheme
    Hang Clean and Press - 4x10
    Rear Laterals - 3x12
    Side Laterals - 3x12

  27. Quote Originally Posted by Tandyman0788 View Post
    My Current routine seems to be working well. Not too little, not too much. I used to blast my shoulders hard as hell, but, they seem to respond better to a little less work.
    I definitely agree here.

  28. Changed up my routine I wrote this out I'm using supersets as a means to increase intensity...

    Smith Machine Shoulder Press
    SS
    DB Side Raises - 4 sets

    Machine Side Raise - 4 sets

    DB Rear Delt Raise
    SS
    DB Front Raise - 4 sets

    Reverse Pec Dec - 4 sets

    DB or BB Shrugs - 3 sets

  29. Hanging high pulls/cleans, shrugs, military press.

    Sent from my iPhone
    Remember why you started.

  30. Join gymnastics...Srs. my boy is in the gymnastics program at his college and he has the most beast shoulders ever from lifting and hoisting all those girls in the air and balancing them.. Won't even need to lift shoulders if you join gymnastics haha.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Shoulders
    By W13NY in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-02-2012, 10:30 PM
  2. Shoulders needs help
    By abeldiaz in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-13-2011, 06:42 PM
  3. Shoulders
    By motleybreu in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 06-05-2003, 09:20 PM
Log in
Log in