• RockStar
Flex is amazing, but ill give it the golden era as the best imo

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The early Arny years with Oliva and Columbo.

MaDmaN

MaDmaN

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
The 70's and early 80's were great, remember the grand prix events where you had IFBB competitions in each state almost..

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
I like 70's Arnolds era, maby even some of the 80's, not because of the bodies, but because of the fact that those guys were probably the healthiest, and even they dont all look good like Arnold now. I just can imagine though that dudes like Jay Cutler, Phil Heath, Markus Ruhl, Kai Green walking around with grey hair for too long.

gymrat827

Awards
  • Established
pretty much all the years stopping at 2000's. The guy's today get too lean, too many veins, etc. They dont appear healthy.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The 70s hands down. That is where the all the great legends came from

nemo

nemo

Awards
  • Established
I personally like the Haney/Gaspari battles of the 80's!!!

superlift

superlift

Awards
Great legends from every era, but my opinion is that it keeps getting better each year.

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
Great legends from every era, but my opinion is that it keeps getting better each year.
Yeah, you're probably right but like anything else people tend to go with the era that they were most into it

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
70's - mid 80's for sure

WKUanimal

WKUanimal

Awards
70's however i gotta say watching some old school dorian videos never disappoints

deumcole

deumcole

Awards
I kinda like some of the freaks of today. Just crazy what some of em bring.

I am partial to the 90s though, especially around the time when Ronnie won his first Olympia. Guys like Shawn Ray, Flex Wheeler, hard to believe they never won one. Ronnie's first wins had the best physique IMO.

ripped_k1d

Awards
Was going to say 70's. But after watching that video.. Im a convert.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
As far as my own physique I'd rather look like arnold than Jay.

But damn everytime i look at the competitors now days... I must say I am impressed!!

VS91588

VS91588

Awards
I really like the 70s and 80s era.. They just seemed to of had so much fun with their competitiveness but were all friends training and pushing eachother @ the same time. Plus they were big but they still looked human lol. I'm not knocking the guys today I'm just saying that some of us can relate more to the old school bodybuilders

fidoslim

Awards
id agree with the 70'S and 80's great how the were all friends in 7o's and workout and hungout and really heped push each other to another level.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
id agree with the 70'S and 80's great how the were all friends in 7o's and workout and hungout and really heped push each other to another level.
And they actually seemed to work harder. The guys today probably cant workout that much becuase the the stuff their on is too strong and they'd die.