How common is the hybrid bodytype?

1. Registered User
    Answers

How common is the hybrid bodytype?

Hi, I've always struggled to figure out what bodytype I am in terms of ecto,meso, endo. Well, i used to think ectomorph bc growing up I was always tall and scrawny. However, as soon as I started training after high school I noticed that I gained size very fast, but that size was a combo of fat and muscle. I have a very broad and wide clavicle, very large lats, decently large legs, but small joints. Here's my stats, tell me what you think, (sorry I don't have any pics).
    Male, 28 years old, 6'3'', 225lbs, 15%bodyfat,
    Chest: 48'' Shoulders: 56'' Neck:17'', Arms: 17.5'' Waist 34'', Thighs: 26'', wrists: 7'', ankles: 9.5''. Does that sound predominantly like any one type, or a hybrid?

2. Banned
    Answers

I think most people are more a hybrid than one specific type.
  3. The Female Terminator
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'1"  121 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by JayRock View Post
    Hi, I've always struggled to figure out what bodytype I am in terms of ecto,meso, endo. Well, i used to think ectomorph bc growing up I was always tall and scrawny. However, as soon as I started training after high school I noticed that I gained size very fast, but that size was a combo of fat and muscle. I have a very broad and wide clavicle, very large lats, decently large legs, but small joints. Here's my stats, tell me what you think, (sorry I don't have any pics).
    Male, 28 years old, 6'3'', 225lbs, 15%bodyfat,
    Chest: 48'' Shoulders: 56'' Neck:17'', Arms: 17.5'' Waist 34'', Thighs: 26'', wrists: 7'', ankles: 9.5''. Does that sound predominantly like any one type, or a hybrid?
    Although it has been used as a guideline to tell people "what" they are, your "body-type" is really only a SNAPSHOT of where one is at any given time, and you can change it through nutrition and training and other factors. For example, I am a meso-endo, as I gain muscle mass and lose bodyfat very easily when I want to do either, but if I were to stop training, because of my dietary habits, I would gain bodyfat, whereas if I am training, my nutrition can be whatever and I can still maintain leanness.

Quote Originally Posted by revencer View Post
    I think most people are more a hybrid than one specific type.
    ^^^This is true - most people are a mix of at two of the body-types, with one more predominant than the other, and no one is ever specifically one type. See example given above.

~Rosie~
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
    •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Rodja's Hybrid Log
    By Rodja in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 11-26-2009, 06:26 PM
  2. Your Bodytype
    By Lifeguard in forum General Chat
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 05-05-2006, 02:17 PM
  3. Hybrid M1T cycle
    By Christoph in forum Anabolics