How common is the hybrid bodytype?

JayRock

Awards
Hi, I've always struggled to figure out what bodytype I am in terms of ecto,meso, endo. Well, i used to think ectomorph bc growing up I was always tall and scrawny. However, as soon as I started training after high school I noticed that I gained size very fast, but that size was a combo of fat and muscle. I have a very broad and wide clavicle, very large lats, decently large legs, but small joints. Here's my stats, tell me what you think, (sorry I don't have any pics).
Male, 28 years old, 6'3'', 225lbs, 15%bodyfat,
Chest: 48'' Shoulders: 56'' Neck:17'', Arms: 17.5'' Waist 34'', Thighs: 26'', wrists: 7'', ankles: 9.5''. Does that sound predominantly like any one type, or a hybrid?

revencer

Banned
Awards
I think most people are more a hybrid than one specific type.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Hi, I've always struggled to figure out what bodytype I am in terms of ecto,meso, endo. Well, i used to think ectomorph bc growing up I was always tall and scrawny. However, as soon as I started training after high school I noticed that I gained size very fast, but that size was a combo of fat and muscle. I have a very broad and wide clavicle, very large lats, decently large legs, but small joints. Here's my stats, tell me what you think, (sorry I don't have any pics).
Male, 28 years old, 6'3'', 225lbs, 15%bodyfat,
Chest: 48'' Shoulders: 56'' Neck:17'', Arms: 17.5'' Waist 34'', Thighs: 26'', wrists: 7'', ankles: 9.5''. Does that sound predominantly like any one type, or a hybrid?
Although it has been used as a guideline to tell people "what" they are, your "body-type" is really only a SNAPSHOT of where one is at any given time, and you can change it through nutrition and training and other factors. For example, I am a meso-endo, as I gain muscle mass and lose bodyfat very easily when I want to do either, but if I were to stop training, because of my dietary habits, I would gain bodyfat, whereas if I am training, my nutrition can be whatever and I can still maintain leanness.

I think most people are more a hybrid than one specific type.
^^^This is true - most people are a mix of at two of the body-types, with one more predominant than the other, and no one is ever specifically one type. See example given above.

~Rosie~