This Doesn't Make sense ! Arnold and Lou vs...

Page 2 of 2 First 12

  1. It is obvious that they took less than pros today. Pros today look like retards....they are comical to the average person whereas back then they looked like super humans. And don't give me that crap about knowledge of nutrition and training......it's not rocket science, unless of course, you are selling a product, then, this bodybuilding gets VERY complicated and scientific. LOL.

    I am sure they were on high doses, but not the level of the guys today. And no, I do not have proof but common sense is enough.


  2. Quote Originally Posted by triton185 View Post
    It is obvious that they took less than pros today. Pros today look like retards....they are comical to the average person whereas back then they looked like super humans. And don't give me that crap about knowledge of nutrition and training......it's not rocket science, unless of course, you are selling a product, then, this bodybuilding gets VERY complicated and scientific. LOL.

    I am sure they were on high doses, but not the level of the guys today. And no, I do not have proof but common sense is enough.
    I agree with this.. Its obvious the golden era pro's are gonna take their secrets to the grave and Im cool with that.. I respect the fact that they wont really relinquish how they did things back then.,. Its obvious they juiced, they have also admitted to it, but the dosages will always remain a speculation at best..

    Drugs are a part of sports, like it or not... Top guys try and keep their image, and by doing this, they are not going to tell you the truth as to how much they use..

    There is a pro who I have met a time or two thru mutual body building friends.. I can tell you, that the kitchen table was covered in drugs... So do you really think this guy is going to tell all the world his dirty secrets?? HELL NO.. I was only allowed in the circle because of who I knew and the trust that I would keep my mouth shut and his identity private..
    He would never come out and tell you about his drug usage or the problems he faced because of it.. Its just one of those things that is not discussed and I get it..

    I will say this though.. It does not take a ton of drugs to build a great body.. I have preached that on here for a long time.. If your diet is on par as well as sleep, nutrition etc.. you would be amazed at what 250 mgs of test e a week will do for your body.. I always see guys saying you gotta use 500/week or you are wasting your time.. Thats BS if you have legit gear and all your ducks in a row.. However as are all things, that is my opinion and not the opinion of many posters or todays bodybuilders..

    Peace
    •   
       


  3. latest ironman mag here in australian stated they only ran there cycle leading up to comps. 8-12 weeks out ect the rest of the time in between they were off........
    "Dont worry about the burn man! You can do Jane Fonda classes if you want the burn"

  4. Newton do u really believe that?? They say only at contest time.. Im calling BS on that. No way they could have been as big and strong year round. I know they had superior genetics, however that only

  5. Quote Originally Posted by PumpDogg View Post
    Newton do u really believe that?? They say only at contest time.. Im calling BS on that. No way they could have been as big and strong year round. I know they had superior genetics, however that only
    Na mate dont believe anything unless i got cold hard facts. Was just stating wot i read recently....
    "Dont worry about the burn man! You can do Jane Fonda classes if you want the burn"

  6. Quote Originally Posted by Markusrulezzz View Post
    Arnold said he used to workout 4 5 hours a day !!!!! They also didn't know **** about overtraining so I'm sure they were using high doses

    He also started at 16 !!!

    lol it just doesn't make sense to me I dont know !
    The thing about overtraining is that you kind of have to make your body get used to it and consider it training. Ive slowed down in the last few years, but I never would have gotten big at all without what most people consider overtraining.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by kingdong View Post
    The thing about overtraining is that you kind of have to make your body get used to it and consider it training. Ive slowed down in the last few years, but I never would have gotten big at all without what most people consider overtraining.
    Do you think it should be gradually worked into or just go straight for what many people consider overtraining? Would it be best to just jump straight into such high intensity like Lou used or the high volume Arnold used?

  8. Quote Originally Posted by biomuscle View Post
    Do you think it should be gradually worked into or just go straight for what many people consider overtraining? Would it be best to just jump straight into such high intensity like Lou used or the high volume Arnold used?
    I say we should all start with hundreds of pushups and work our way up.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by PumpDogg View Post
    I agree with this.. Its obvious the golden era pro's are gonna take their secrets to the grave and Im cool with that.. I respect the fact that they wont really relinquish how they did things back then.,. Its obvious they juiced, they have also admitted to it, but the dosages will always remain a speculation at best..

    Drugs are a part of sports, like it or not... Top guys try and keep their image, and by doing this, they are not going to tell you the truth as to how much they use..

    There is a pro who I have met a time or two thru mutual body building friends.. I can tell you, that the kitchen table was covered in drugs... So do you really think this guy is going to tell all the world his dirty secrets?? HELL NO.. I was only allowed in the circle because of who I knew and the trust that I would keep my mouth shut and his identity private..
    He would never come out and tell you about his drug usage or the problems he faced because of it.. Its just one of those things that is not discussed and I get it..

    I will say this though.. It does not take a ton of drugs to build a great body.. I have preached that on here for a long time.. If your diet is on par as well as sleep, nutrition etc.. you would be amazed at what 250 mgs of test e a week will do for your body.. I always see guys saying you gotta use 500/week or you are wasting your time.. Thats BS if you have legit gear and all your ducks in a row.. However as are all things, that is my opinion and not the opinion of many posters or todays bodybuilders..

    Peace
    The fact is, people want to only hear higher dose, longer cycles, more complex stacks, more accessory drugs, more stims. It used to be that the drugs were a means to an end. Now the drugs are the end. Everybody is different and you are always going to have pros who use more than the rest but the ones who are smart probably use as little as they can and have a longer career (and life) because of it.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by kingdong View Post
    The thing about overtraining is that you kind of have to make your body get used to it and consider it training. Ive slowed down in the last few years, but I never would have gotten big at all without what most people consider overtraining.
    wow bro... that's a noob thing to say lol ! Anything you do too much will damage you, open 1000 folders on your PC right now and see if your computer will get used to it )
    •   
       


  11. Quote Originally Posted by Markusrulezzz View Post
    wow bro... that's a noob thing to say lol ! Anything you do too much will damage you, open 1000 folders on your PC right now and see if your computer will get used to it )
    Think of it this way, when a fat person throws up on the biggest loser, we don't say "He's overtraining. This is unhealthy." Because we uderstand that the person needs to get over a hump. As your muscles reach a size where they are putting astrain on your body, then it becomes easier to overtrain in hte long run, but I think iit's sad when I see some skinny guy pulling back in hte gym saying "I guess steroids are my last option to put on any size. If I was working any harder, I'd be overtraining.

  12. When I think of overtraining I think of training hard too often without enough rest to recover. I think doing reps til failure(you cannot lift it anymore without help) is just training.

  13. Quote Originally Posted by wastedwhiteboy2 View Post
    When I think of overtraining I think of training hard too often without enough rest to recover. I think doing reps til failure(you cannot lift it anymore without help) is just training.
    Arnold said he used to workout for 3 4 hours a day but that's him because it was his job, he ate alot of food with minerals and slept probably 10 12 hours a day.... also steroids helped

    Regular people like us will overtrain no matter what,

  14. Back in the day it was taper up then taper down, no real issues, I never understood why it's not the same with PH. I follow the pct regime now but never did back in the 80's.

  15. My best mates Dad used to manage a gym in Portsmouth where Arnold trained and he said that he took up to 8 DBol per day (40mg) in off season

  16. Back then people truly did cycle and most did not get on until perhaps 16 weeks before a contest. I am sure many are not on HRT. You also have to remember that many might now have known exactly what Suppression was
    mindandmuscle.com

    Use code shawn for a free gift

  17. alot more factors in our air.food..water and soil mess with our bodies recovery than it did back in the 70s..

  18. Damn, this thread is hella old!!!
    If I live every moment believing, then the chaos in my heart will be a beautiful thing.-
    I am in love, but not in love with someone or something, I am in love with my life. And for the first time, in a long time, everything is inspiring.-

  19. Wow 5 year old thread still alive lol
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Does this make sense?
    By Gutterpump in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-23-2009, 11:08 PM
  2. Does this make sense?
    By glennwethere in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-11-2009, 07:17 PM
  3. Does this make sense to anyone?
    By thomastobird in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-03-2007, 12:10 AM
  4. Does this make any sense?
    By CryingEmo in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 04-16-2007, 02:09 PM
  5. Does this make sense?
    By Emiran in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-31-2006, 04:19 PM
Log in
Log in