Do pro bodybuilders get lots of side effects ?

Markusrulezzz

Markusrulezzz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I have heard Ronnie had heart, liver and kidney transplants. I have heardd Jay had some transplants as well !

So do they really get huge side effects that we are not aware of ? We only see them on stage, healthy and rich but we don't know whats going on in their life

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I can guarantee you they don't have any major organ transplants. There's no way they could have them and stay anywhere near top condition to compete.

1newbie

Awards
Arnold supposedly has some enlarged heart problems.

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
I'm sure they get lots of side effects from juicing plus lots of injuries from lifting but not transplants... the 2 you mentioned are as big as a house.

just look at Steve Jobs he had a liver transplant and still doesn't look healthy

OnTheRoadTo

Awards
  • Established
Paging Andreas Munzer to the thread

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
Arnold had his heart surgery after competing. Ronnie has to have dialisis. Greg Kovacs developed Syndrome X. I wonder how these guys avoid acne, while some of us breakout on test boosters.

kokobeware2

Awards
  • Established
Arnold had his heart surgery after competing. Ronnie has to have dialisis. Greg Kovacs developed Syndrome X. I wonder how these guys avoid acne, while some of us breakout on test boosters.
well man test boosters have that tribulus terristris in it which makes u break out hardcore. but studies say it doesnt even work lol. thats why i dont like to take them but it helps with the sexdrive

Mo250

Awards
heard of this NZ bodybuilder who was on 60 minutes the other day. he developed heart problems from all the steriod abuse. doctor gave him one year to live

way8lifter

way8lifter

Awards
Arnold had his heart surgery after competing. Ronnie has to have dialysis. Greg Kovacs developed Syndrome X. I wonder how these guys avoid acne, while some of us breakout on test boosters.
arnolds surgery was the result of a defect since birth ..he in fact won a slander law suit against the National Enquirer as they said it was from roids ...

Ronnie is not on Dialysis ..though Tom Prince is ...his was caused by using 32 Ibuprofen a day for 4 years ( hurt shoulders)

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
arnolds surgery was the result of a defect since birth ..he in fact won a slander law suit against the National Enquirer as they said it was from roids ...

Ronnie is not on Dialysis ..though Tom Prince is ...his was caused by using 32 Ibuprofen a day for 4 years ( hurt shoulders)
Fair enough. Ill give you the Arnold one.

Ronnie however may not be on constant dialisis, but they did show him getting his blood replaced in one of the videos. I don't know if it's fro the roids, or the amount of protein he eats though. He also takes medication for his kidneys and cholesterol, but my dad is on cholesterol medication to so that might not even be roid related.

Jasen

Jasen

Awards
  • Established
hmmmm theres many myths around these guys

one of my frineds (older buddy) said he knew from a personal frined ronnie goes atleadt once a yr to europe for a blood transufion since the US insurance would not cover it due to it not being emergency need and the whole steroid factor.... . But in europe anything can be done if u have $$$$

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Fair enough. Ill give you the Arnold one.

Ronnie however may not be on constant dialisis, but they did show him getting his blood replaced in one of the videos. I don't know if it's fro the roids, or the amount of protein he eats though. He also takes medication for his kidneys and cholesterol, but my dad is on cholesterol medication to so that might not even be roid related.
Which form of dialysis? Since you just mentioned blood, I'm going to assume hemodialysis, unless you were intending to talk about his kidneys. I can assure you Ronnie is not having peritoneal dialysis. As for hemo, hell I've had it done. It was for bone marrow donation, where instead of taking out my marrow, they removed my blood and returned it via dialysis with the goal to removing blood stem cells. Another use of dialysis for athletes is blood doping, EPO, etc. Just saying just because he was getting blood does not mean it's indicative of any one thing.

daft205

daft205

Awards
  • Established
I have heard Ronnie had heart, liver and kidney transplants. I have heardd Jay had some transplants as well !

So do they really get huge side effects that we are not aware of ? We only see them on stage, healthy and rich but we don't know whats going on in their life
Your joking right? This is just silly. Major organ transplants? Come on man.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
Just saying just because he was getting blood does not mean it's indicative of any one thing.
Fair enough. Ill see if I can find the video to get to the bottom of it.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Fair enough. Ill see if I can find the video to get to the bottom of it.
Did the video explain what he was doing? I'd be interested in seeing it for sure.

enzo123dog

Awards
there is no way ronnie coleman is on dialysis, he would need a port in his arm for the dialysis(which would be visible with the low bf this guy carries). if he was having peritoneal dialysis he would also need some type of port, usually in the abdomen. if he had major organ transplants he would have a some big incisional scarring on his abdomen or lower back.

Moozkillzman

Moozkillzman

Awards
The only sides I can see happening are drug related, or perhaps kidney problems from too much protein but I hardly think it happens

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Do they make your heart grow to almost twice its normal size, which was the case with Andreas?
His official CoD was liver and kidney failure. His electrolytes were off with extremely high potassium (diretics), but he did not have a MI.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
The only sides I can see happening are drug related, or perhaps kidney problems from too much protein but I hardly think it happens
I think the drug related ones are what we are talking about. I don't know how Arnolds generation is doing because I don't really keep track of those guys, but I have a strong feeling the distended abdomen generation is gonna have some problems.

MurdahUDawg

MurdahUDawg

Awards
I think the drug related ones are what we are talking about. I don't know how Arnolds generation is doing because I don't really keep track of those guys, but I have a strong feeling the distended abdomen generation is gonna have some problems.
what the hell does that mean?

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
220 natural Mostly muscle but I do have a gut. Im not as lean as Id like to be, but Im lean enough enough to where I still catch girls who look as good as it gets in my city checking me out.

Im just saying, I think a generation of body builders with large internal organs have some worrying to do.

Fr0st

Awards
partially on topic, have any of you guys seen "Bigger, Stronger Faster"? It's a documentary on roids, well done, and very very intriguing.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
partially on topic, have any of you guys seen "Bigger, Stronger Faster"? It's a documentary on roids, well done, and very very intriguing.
Ya. It was a pretty good movie, but Im not sure if I believe that guy when he says he made the movie without bias. I reccomend the movie to everyone, but Ill also pouint out some flaws:

1. When the side effects of roids are discussed, high estrogen wasn't even mentioned. Come on!

2. It barely touched on oral steriods.

3. These muscley guys kept talking about how they should have had the life of Arnold. Arnolds first handful of movies were all flops. He had a starlike charisma and unstoppable work ethic outside of bodybuilding that got him where he is. In fact, he was genetically gifted for it too. His personality, German coldness, and exotic accent made him what he is. Nobody whants to see Valentino blow **** up with his Jersey accent.

4. They kept cutting to young Stallone whan talking about roids. He was 62 when he was caught with 2 antiageing medicines, and we still have no proof that young early Rocky was on anything.

5. Their was this a section when it talked about steroids used in medicine, and it just sort of paved over the fact that just because something has medicinal purposes, dosen't neccasarily make it good for you.

Im gonna make this a thread in general chat.

XplodeWithMe

XplodeWithMe

Awards
The idea of enlarged internal organs is somewhat debated among people. The distended bellies come from visceral fat and food intake. Overall it all depends on the person though. It's genetics. Visceral fat can be high with subcutaneous being low. It's all relative to the person.

2buff

2buff

Awards
checked out the video "Bigger, Stronger Faster" and its very intriguing