Mr. Olympia Ronnie Coleman 1999 pictures VS. Jay Cutler 2009, who is better?

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
eh, I'm a fan of the old school classic bodybuilder look. But for these two I say Cutler from the front view and Ronnie from the back view.

waynaferd

waynaferd

Awards
  • Established
I say Ronnie for both.....

As a side note.....why would you want your ass to look like that? Gross.....

Ricky5145

Awards
  • Established
coleman in both, theres really no question about it. i dont even see how thats comparable.

GoHardOrGoHme

GoHardOrGoHme

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Coleman on both

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
That doesn't even look like Ronnie from 1999. I thought his gut was much more pronounced? I just googled it to make sure and it looks different? Maybe it's just me.

I like'em both but Ronnie looks a bit better from the back. I say cutler looks SOMEWHAT better from the front in areas yet overall, Ronnie.

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
I say Ronnie for both.....

As a side note.....why would you want your ass to look like that? Gross.....
LOL. You know that it doesn't look that way 12months out of the year though? Imagine off season when they weight is really piled on..lol

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
I just had an epiphany. We are discussing a man's a$$ cheeks??? WTF????!!!!!

That should be a Man Rule!!

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
Supposedly, Coleman got pretty big naturally and had only been roided for a few years in that photo. There's a video of Cutler in his early 20's where he's not even that big yet, and implying that he's juiced.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
I'm with CC on this one, I prefer the classic look. While I respect the time and dedication the bigs put in today, they're just beyond big.

Vince Gironda

Wheels could be a little bigger.

The_Reverend

The_Reverend

Awards
  • Established
I still think Arnold had the best physique ever. As already stated, I respect the dedication the guys like Jay and Ronnie have, but they look too freakish.

GoHardOrGoHme

GoHardOrGoHme

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I still think Arnold had the best physique ever. As already stated, I respect the dedication the guys like Jay and Ronnie have, but they look too freakish.

I think thats exactly what i like about how they look. That freakish..."im so large i can eat you if i get mad" look....it appeals to me haha

Arnold i would say had the best classic look, but i my vote stands with ronnie, cutler doesnt as "chizzeled out of stone" to me

Psychabinol

Awards
  • Established
Ronnie for shure. Jay looks very smooth in comparison.

IronFanatic

Awards
Ronnie for sure. But they are to cartoon characters as what Arnold is to the Gods of Mount Olympus.

EctoMeso

another old school body fan here also. but +1 on big ron for both..

trend747

trend747

Awards
I'm with CC on this one, I prefer the classic look. While I respect the time and dedication the bigs put in today, they're just beyond big.

Vince Gironda

Ahhh, gone are the days when all you took was Dianbol...:fest30:

Roaddog 642

Roaddog 642

Awards
I do prefer the classic look of Arnold too but def Coleman in both. Jay looks great but compared to those shots of Coleman he doesnt look nearly as dry. Plus Coleman has those round muscle bellies makes him look cartoonish for sure.

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
Ahhh, gone are the days when all you took was Dianbol...:fest30:
Actually I have the old lady Miss D still sitting around my parents place. We are married forever, we can never be divorced.

bradleywiens

bradleywiens

Awards
  • Established
I have always been a fan of Jay, due to his personality and his movitation/drive.

Ronnie however wins this one. He was a beast back then. I saw him at the 09 Olympia, and he still is a beast, only with a little more gut.

bradleywiens

bradleywiens

Awards
  • Established
By gut do you mean fat, or GH gut?

Well, I think the GH gut has been there for a while. Looks like he added some fat on top of it as well. I've heard rumors of a comeback. You guys think there is any chance of this happening?

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
...I've heard rumors of a comeback. You guys think there is any chance of this happening?
That would be great. He was the best! Not sure, though, if he would be able to come in huge, lean, striated, and ripped like in the good ol' days.

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
That would be great. He was the best! Not sure, though, if he would be able to come in huge, lean, striated, and ripped like in the good ol' days.
Classic Ronnie Coleman...no one tops him...period!

Cheers!:cheers:

DEE151

DEE151

Awards
Ronnie is defiantly bigger then Jay. but they are both great champs.

10bathroomsO

10bathroomsO

Awards
  • Established
i think cutler has ronnie, i think cutler had everyone on 2009
ronnies chest looks nasty like he works on it too much
jay muscles are cut in perfect yet dont look like they have been beat to death
in health and fitness i believe you should look fuller in comps like this
wich is why i believe that the older body builders look better like arnold and ferigno ( or however you spell it )
lol take the weider approach

10bathroomsO

10bathroomsO

Awards
  • Established
oh yeah and ronnies abs stand nooo chance in comparison

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Coleman takes the front most prominently in the abs & quads. He has better detail & separation in the quads then Jay. Jay has a bigger chest, but Ronnie's is dryer and more striated.

Back shot goes to Ronnie by means of glutes. Their backs are give & take differences, but Ronnie's glutes are remarkably more pronounced in size & striation then Jay's.

I didn't look hard enough at hams & calves, but judges love striated glutes (for whatever reason).

gidemon

Banned
Awards

Vince Gironda

yeah but i would still be happy with this condition