Your thoughts on the 09 O

1. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  197 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.68%

Your thoughts on the 09 O

First congrats to Cutler for his win, but was anyone else surpised with the results of some placing.

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  199 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.74%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Branch in front of Kai....What?
    Branch in front of phil....Huh?
    Branch in front of Dexter.... No F'ing way!

Dont get me wrong, that was the best Branch in the history of Branch Warren
    but to put him 2nd? Thats like saying if he went back in time to last years O he'd of beat phil heath..

I dont even like Dexter, i respect him but dont like him.
    But that was the most gut wrenching moment seeing Branch place
    over him.
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  223 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.87%

Yeah Dexter getting third was a shock!
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    14.32%

Jay totally deserved it no question, branch I think deserved 2nd as well, he seemed a little more lean than dexter (mainly in legs). But what about David Henry getting robbed in the 202?
  5. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.33%

Branch should have placed 2nd for the way his back looked alone,i was shocked dennis wolf placed as low as he did ,this was mos definately a shocking olympia
  6. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.54%

Wolf looked very soft, he messed something up prettty badly.

I'm glad Jay won, he looked great. I thought Kai should have been second or third, when i was looking at the pre-judging photos he stood out in every shot.
  7. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.73%

Quote Originally Posted by joelast View Post
    Wolf looked very soft, he messed something up prettty badly.

I'm glad Jay won, he looked great. I thought Kai should have been second or third, when i was looking at the pre-judging photos he stood out in every shot.
    Kai's back is what did him in. yea it's big but not defined. one of the back shots in the pre judge was good, but the other one left me thinking this pose is what's going to put him in the 3rd or 4th place.
  8. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  270 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.92%

Holy crap. I was kinda only kidding when I said on the other form that Branch was gonna place in top 5. But to place 2nd. And cutler won it all huh? Thats good stuff too. Going to have to search the web of footage. Sounded like an amazing O.
  9. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.89%

Jay deserved to win, he looked phenomenal; however, Dexter deserved 2nd place, imo. I also didn't like how they slighted Dexter just because his demeanor does not show that he tries to "carry" the sport over the course of the year so to speak.
    ---The internet is the father of the electronic lynch-mob---
  10. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.89%

I thought branch was going to pass out while waiting for the final call...
    ---The internet is the father of the electronic lynch-mob---
  11. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  199 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.74%

Branch in second is just crazy, imo, and yea left out the 202.
    Henry deserved that, English has more mass, but Henry was more cut and
    all around balanced. Reminded me of a Ronnie/Cutler situation, just in the 202's.
  12. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.82%

are you guys kidding me? jay deserved to win? come on!!!!!!! did you guys actually look at teh pics? kai had him beat hands down and toney freeman beat them both. This is the worst debacle in our sport...its time for the olympia to die....this show is a joke!
  13. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.56%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Kai's physique is very unbalanced and his abs just look off to me; plus, his chest is very small (in relation to his physique). Branch looked phenomenal and he was deserving of 2nd even though it was a tad of a shock.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  14. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  223 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.87%

Quote Originally Posted by boggs67ss View Post
    Jay totally deserved it no question, branch I think deserved 2nd as well, he seemed a little more lean than dexter (mainly in legs). But what about David Henry getting robbed in the 202?
    Yeah David looked realy good , the other cat was a little bigger then he was but didnt look as good as he did.
  15. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.33%

I agree jay looked amazing ,I had dexter winning a 2nd (olympia)time until i saw jays conditioning and size in wich he nailed ,and i thought dexter would have got 2nd at least but i never thought in a million years branch would show up the way he did aside from his back i would have placerd him 3rd.
  16. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  199 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.74%

Quote Originally Posted by mooch2321 View Post
    are you guys kidding me? jay deserved to win? come on!!!!!!! did you guys actually look at teh pics? kai had him beat hands down and toney freeman beat them both. This is the worst debacle in our sport...its time for the olympia to die....this show is a joke!
    Is this for real? Clearly off, confirmed by everyone pro or not.
  17. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.82%

Quote Originally Posted by jherman08 View Post
    Is this for real? Clearly off, confirmed by everyone pro or not.
    very for real...jay has a 40 inch waist when hes ripped. He has the aesthetics of a refrigerator. Just because this board is full of jay lovin newbs doesnt mean that this has been confirmed by anyone....toney freeman looked awesome! kai might have a small chest but he still looked better than jay. Branch, who is actually my favorite pro, was the best branch ever...but even i will admit second was a gift.
  18. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  199 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.74%

Shawn Ray and Flex Wheeler, among other professionals such as Dorian Yates, etc. over at MD are all Jay loving Newbs?
  19. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.82%

actually yes, they have to say that stuff. They are a part of the industry machine...if they started dogging on wieder and the olympia they would get canned just like romano and palumbo. And they personally know these guys too, they cant say jay was gifted and this is bullsh!t ang then go try and interview him can they?
  20. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.21%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

As soon as I saw Jay, I knew he would be a top contender. I never doubted he would be top, but I really thought it'd be a Jay, Heath, Kai show. Jay looked awesome.

I didnít get to see each of the top 6 guysí actual routine, but seeing them lined up on stage standing next to each other, I thought Jay looked the best on initial impression. He really deserved it this year.

However, when it came down to Jay and Branch, though I felt Jay deserved the win, I was pulling for Branch to get.

Everything placing from 6th to 2nd shocked me to be honest. I think the winner was the most non-disputable, imho, which is usually the topic with the most controversy.
    NSCA - CSCS
  21. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.21%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Also,

Did anyone else catch Kai's interview on last weeks Pro Bodybuilding Radio? He sounded like he's been mega dosing LSD.
    NSCA - CSCS
  22. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.21%

very for real...jay has a 40 inch waist when hes ripped. He has the aesthetics of a refrigerator. Just because this board is full of jay lovin newbs doesnt mean that this has been confirmed by anyone....toney freeman looked awesome! kai might have a small chest but he still looked better than jay. Branch, who is actually my favorite pro, was the best branch ever...but even i will admit second was a gift.
    All hail to Mooch the Original Gangster Bodybuilding Vet of AM. No one else but him has legitimate perspectives on symmetry, contour, size & conditioning, because Jay's nut sack is blocking our Newb vision.

Heil Mooch! Heil Mooch! Heil, Mooch!
    NSCA - CSCS
  23. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  223 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.48%

I'm happy with how this show was judged. I think it has been one of the most fairly judged O's in a while.

Jay had the best combo of size and conditioning hands down and deserved first. (and I hate jays physique)
    Branch was THE HARDEST dude on stage, and had all the freaky mass and despite his strucural flaws he deserved second.
    Dexter got lucky pulling third, he came in holding a little water and in the final show him and kai were about equal on conditioning.
    Kai probably over did his carb up, and spilled over considering the water he was holding when he stepped onstage, but that disapeared during judging. I had kai in third above dexter.

The fact is, the judges probably didn't want to disrespect Dex too much and throw him all the way down to fourth, even though kai brought more mass and equal condition.

I was stoked about wolf, but he was a huge dissapointment. soft as ****, holding lots of water.

just my 2cents

oh yeah, and toney was holding water in his low back and glutes were soft. he got lucky
  24. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.5%

Quote Originally Posted by boggs67ss View Post
    Thats what im saying...English's abs suck whale penis!!! his legs may have been better but nothing else to my eye!
  25. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.56%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

actually yes, they have to say that stuff. They are a part of the industry machine...if they started dogging on wieder and the olympia they would get canned just like romano and palumbo. And they personally know these guys too, they cant say jay was gifted and this is bullsh!t ang then go try and interview him can they?
    Flex Wheeler gave an interview where he called Jay's win in '07 absolute bull****.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  26. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"  285 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.16%

Jay deserved the win...he looked his best ever to me. Honestly, with his phenomenal physique and new hairdo he looked like super saiyan II Goku from Dragon Ball Z. LOL.

Dexter looked great as usual, but that is the thing with Dexter...he doesn't change much and I thought he deserved 2nd as well. Branch looked awesome, his legs were not from this planet, but I would have placed him 4th. Phil Heath was 3rd in my opinion.

Anyway, David Henry not winning the 202 was a travesty...period! Henry not winning is complete bullsh*t to me.

Those are my thoughts! Nuff said!

Cheers!
    "Never trust a b*tch because b*tches be crazy, now get out there and go crush some P***Y!" - Jerry Stiller.
  27. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  213 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.42%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Dexter has got that distended GH belly looks like he's strapped on a turtle's shell- not a fan
  28. Banned
    Stats
    5'11"  247 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    14.69%

Jay looked amazing his training with Ronnie this year has payed off. l cant wait to see them both on stage next year.
  29. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.33%

Jay looked great, very amazing. congratst to him. Although he must have spent ALOT of money on his contest prep this year. Even his hair, done by a professional.

Branch was a suprise, he looked great, i wouldnt have placed him, second, doesnt mean he deserved it. I think he stands out compared to the other guys.

Dexter looked great as usuall, but not that much of change.

Kai Green looks pretty weird, but thats the madness of kai greene, who want to look at generic bodybuilders all the time. His symtery and his build is off, but he is very interesting to look at. I think he looked better when he was so big though, he looks out of balance with all that extra muscle.

Phil Heath looks great, and he could be 2nd or 3rd in the future. hes very young, could definately be a number 1 contender.

Victor Martinez could have placed higher is he was more cut up, i think.
  30. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  245 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.74%

the entire show is bull****! branch should have won. cutler looked liek crap! all the BB looked like crap its like they were paid to take a dive. and WOLF at 15th place...
  31. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.5%

Quote Originally Posted by Jasen View Post
    the entire show is bull****! branch should have won. cutler looked liek crap! all the BB looked like crap its like they were paid to take a dive. and WOLF at 15th place...
    thats cause wolf always sucked and everybody was on this i hate cutler penis sniffing party a few years ago. cutler out muscled branch hands down, dex never should beat cutler last year! i personally kai should of got thrid...dex looks like a toddler next to branch, culter, and kai.

i also would like to reiterate that kevin english looks like total **** next to dave. hell i think flex looked better just smaller!
  32. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  245 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.74%

i liked wolf, just dissapointed at how he placed this year. cutler looked bloated fat like usuall branch was nice. dex was cut but he is dwarfed by cutler. kai seemed of at AC he looked very sharp. victor... why is he still competing? loll what happenedd to phil heath? maybe i missed him at the O.
  33. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.5%

Quote Originally Posted by Jasen View Post
    i liked wolf, just dissapointed at how he placed this year. cutler looked bloated fat like usuall branch was nice. dex was cut but he is dwarfed by cutler. kai seemed of at AC he looked very sharp. victor... why is he still competing? loll what happenedd to phil heath? maybe i missed him at the O.
    heath got 5th. narrow clavicles are he weakness. he's my idea of the next dex...but he keeps putting size on so who knows.

Similar Forum Threads

1. thoughts on this for PCT
    By lou38 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-04-2009, 05:36 PM
  2. Some Thoughts
    By T-Bone in forum General Chat
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-21-2007, 04:44 PM
  3. Your thoughts...
    By surferph34 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6