Dorian Yates - A Week in the Dungeon

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Anyone watch this? Dorian is the man.
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41nCNDokgY8"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]

alwaysgaining

alwaysgaining

Awards
  • Established
next time put a vid of Dorian up , not a som guy and his girl whinning cuz they paid for this and cant drive???

U

UKStrength

Cheers for the link mate, Dorian is an absolute legend and a tribute to the UK. Hopefully I'll get to train at his gym someday.

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Cheers for the link mate, Dorian is an absolute legend and a tribute to the UK. Hopefully I'll get to train at his gym someday.
No prob.. I thought it was cool seeing him on the other side of the weights, and hearing what he has to say.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
next time put a vid of Dorian up , not a som guy and his girl whinning cuz they paid for this and cant drive???
Im at school and cant hear it but hes a normal guy to with a passion. You dont whine about stuff? Talk to family? Enjoy all other aspects of your life?

pumbertot

pumbertot

Awards
  • Established
Shame on you. :p Living down south and all, I was living up in sunny Scotland. :)
I had a couple of sessions at Temple Gym shortly after seeing Dorian in seminar in Wigan in 1994. He was 300lbs and very ripped(but not quite shredded). Man I have met some large Pros up close such as Coleman and Wolf. Had a few training sessions with Toney Freeman whilst he was here in Oz for Grand Prix. Although he is impressive, and the others are too, they just dont compare to Dorian at his peak. He was bloody monstrous. Neither has anyone achieved that hard grainy look he displayed on the Olympia stage. A true legend.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
i watched all the parts on youtube. The i decided to DL it. Well worth it seeing dorian explaining some things and see his drive still. Dugdale will hopefully be one of the best at 202 soon. Had an ok showing at the Pitts. Pro.

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
i watched all the parts on youtube. The i decided to DL it. Well worth it seeing dorian explaining some things and see his drive still. Dugdale will hopefully be one of the best at 202 soon. Had an ok showing at the Pitts. Pro.
Ya, i love that aspect honestly.

I have piss poor connection to my back, even though strength wise it is one of my best muscle groups.. Listening to Dorian explain, the pause/contraction, really helped me out, to FEEL my back more.

Definetly worth watching.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
Yea. I took some time to get used to slower low weight movements before i ever knew who dorian was.(3+ yrs ago) when i found out who he was i adapted my training slowly to his style. I have to work on my chest weight limit/range right now but i low training like him.
Plan on getting the book soon.

pinchharmonic

pinchharmonic

Awards
  • Established
it's scary how dorian looks bigger than dugdale, and even more muscular and "hard" to boot.

it also surprised me how a light-heavy pro-card (dugdale) winner had problems "feeling" his back and doing the exercises properly. i'd think if you devoted your life to bodybuilding and on top of that was the top amateur in the world in arguably one of the most competitive weight classes, you should be pretty spot on with your workout form...

what can you say though, genetics and gear can fill the gaps.

pinchharmonic

pinchharmonic

Awards
  • Established
Ya, i love that aspect honestly.

I have piss poor connection to my back, even though strength wise it is one of my best muscle groups.. Listening to Dorian explain, the pause/contraction, really helped me out, to FEEL my back more.

Definetly worth watching.
dugdale got annihilated by correa. correa simply has flat out better genetics. Correa turned pro as a middleweight, so dugdale, being a light-heavy amateur should have had the edge on size.

i think all spotlights focus on correa vs flex lewis vs dave henry.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
dugdale needs to improve a bit.
As far as form goes, Ronnie and Jay have been seen with some HORRID form. So id say drugs fill the gap well.

AZZA

AZZA

Banned
Awards
I have watched Blood & Guts DVD, its great. Stop picking on Dugdale, he's only human, a good trainer like Yates or Glass is there to point out weakness's in you form. You also cant always see your back when working out. Cutlers form is alright, he has stayed injury free over the years. Ronnies back/lat injury came from slipping on chalk while doing t/bar rows. Yates hasnt stopped training he has just stopped competing.
AZZA

R

RyanOFelt

Awards
dugdale needs to improve a bit.
As far as form goes, Ronnie and Jay have been seen with some HORRID form. So id say drugs fill the gap well.
If you see Ronnie or Jay cheating, it's because they're doing so to overload the target muscle as much as possible, not because they don't know what proper form is.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
If you see Ronnie or Jay cheating, it's because they're doing so to overload the target muscle as much as possible, not because they don't know what proper form is.
Im sure they do, im sure the practice it well and i know i havent seen anywhere near the amount of training they do. Maybe 1% or less, im guessing less...

It just seems the guys you look, a bit more "sloppy" couldnt put it a better way, tend to be throwing weight around more. Im a big believer in form over weight. I feel if you can focus on the muscle there is not need for higher weight until that form can be maintained.

For the record, i do have sloppy days & heavy days. My favorite style is focusing on negatives though. 2 sets like Dorian encourages. I do 2 because i know i do not match the intensity he was able to use.

Anyways, the 202 class will blow up at the NY Pro coming up! be ready!

n8te

n8te

Awards
  • Established
so these are the complete workouts for everyday dugdale is at temple? like on chest day he dugdale only does incline bench, incline flys, cable flys, iso curls on the machine, and bar curls? or are they cutting exercises out? I know that he says he works the muscles hard and in the least amount of time but i'm just checking.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
tough to say. if you listen to dorian sometimes he reviews the days plan or says "lets move to ... after this." i am sure they took out 2-3 things. It is the whole DVD though, cause i have the whole thing.