BB and shaving.

joshhh

joshhh

Awards
How do bodybuilders shave their bodies without getting that annoying razor rash???

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I wouldn't be surprised if some of them waxed.

joshhh

joshhh

Awards
Yeah, I think that'd be a better idea. I'll probably do that cause im tired of having little red bumps around my belly lol.

mooch2321

mooch2321

Awards
  • Established
if your on a cycle definately dont get waxed....the hormones can cause the waxing to irritate your skin....think about having a shave rash times 10 that doesnt go away for months.....just shave...you can get one of those salt scrubs that your mom and girlfreind use in the shower.....rub it on the area you are about to shave and it scrubs off the dead skin cells...this will greatly minimize even get rid of the shave rash and ingrown hairs....also make sure you use some kind of post shave product....i just use straight alcohol...but whatever you want....

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I use an electric razor and it works great. I'm not very hairy by nature though.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Me either, I shave by hand picking the hairs off my chin throughout the day.

brandon7583

Awards
Never shave against the grain. Always with it….much less irritation.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
i'm one hairy dude. i shave with the grain on spots that i can reach. then the blessed gf breaks out the nair on my back. fighting neanderthal genes ain't easy.

mooch2321

mooch2321

Awards
  • Established
i think i have super hair or something nair has never worked for me......

killfat

killfat

Awards
This might help; as a female, chick, woman, whatever, I shave daily in the shower and what keeps my skin SUPER smooth and has killed all razor burn has always been the 100% Extra virgin Olive oil rub down after. You will not smell like a cake. Flies and cats will not follow you. I thought at first that surely, people would ask if I worked in a restaurant but once you rub that into your skin right after a hot shower and shave, it just soaks it up and the greasy feeling is gone, but the shine stays awesome. I do it at night and when I wake up, everything is smooth. And women shave more tender areas, so take it from me, it will keep you competition smooth and won't stain your sheets or clothes. And if you happen to smell like a cake; well, better than garlic right?

mooch2321

mooch2321

Awards
  • Established
This might help; as a female, chick, woman, whatever, I shave daily in the shower and what keeps my skin SUPER smooth and has killed all razor burn has always been the 100% Extra virgin Olive oil rub down after. You will not smell like a cake. Flies and cats will not follow you. I thought at first that surely, people would ask if I worked in a restaurant but once you rub that into your skin right after a hot shower and shave, it just soaks it up and the greasy feeling is gone, but the shine stays awesome. I do it at night and when I wake up, everything is smooth. And women shave more tender areas, so take it from me, it will keep you competition smooth and won't stain your sheets or clothes. And if you happen to smell like a cake; well, better than garlic right?
yeah my fiance did this for a while and everytime i got in the shower after her i about broke a leg....olive oil is slippery as hell and isnt water soluable so it stick to the tub forever....lol

killfat

killfat

Awards
That's funny. I don't do it in there though! If the cat accidentally fell in, that would surely win me something on Youtube. I do it all post-shower. Controlled amounts, like a massage oil session. Just FYI, if you walk by your dog, he will lick you.

TheLastRonin

TheLastRonin

Awards
  • Established
A buddy of mine used NAIR. Worked pretty well..he was a hairy bastard. It gave him a slight rash that lasted 2 days then was gone.

MassBuilda123

Awards
I use an electric razor and it works great. I'm not very hairy by nature though.
x2 electric razor is all i need. if anything my legs have the most hair.. but even then you cant pull at them so im good to go

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Never tried EVOO...I much prefer breaking open a capsule of Evening Primrose Oil. :) Give it a shot sometime and compare! I don't shave my body much, but I use it on my neck after shaving.

dg806

dg806

Enologist/Brewmaster/Damn good guy
Awards
  • Established
i'm one hairy dude. i shave with the grain on spots that i can reach. then the blessed gf breaks out the nair on my back. fighting neanderthal genes ain't easy.
Just have her shave it....much easier.

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
Lots of love to get those hard to reach places.

killfat

killfat

Awards
Primrose oil, I'll try that. I'll be at Whole Foods this weekend too to buy those huge bulky homemade bars of soap that I always swear that I too can make and even better but never do. That damn Fight Club movie. They made it seem all so easy.

sonny4753

sonny4753

Awards
I could have been a double for chewbacca "gwaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrhhhh" given my genes and body hair.

Say what you will but I've been shaving for years and to be honest never had a problem. If you are shaving things besides your face do it in the shower and edge gel seems to work JUST fine. Don't shave if you are about to go sweat it up, because you will clog those pores and they will get red and irritated - razor burn; which looks nasty and is not comfortable.

Yes unfortunately due to my ferral genetic make up (lol) I get my back - shoulders waxed about every 8 weeks or so (If I don't it's fn gross! I've never met a hot chick who likes a guy who can comb his own back hair - LMFAO, ok it's not that bad but hopefully you get my point) and I get red bumps every time (been doing this for nearly 10 years). It is the nature of the beast. that is waxing. The red bumps are a few things, 1. the pores getting clogged, 2. mild infection, which will go away once the hair pushes back through (this I was told by both my doctor and dermatologist and there is a name for it yet it escapes me at this moment) 3. ingrown hairs (really, really painful), 4. Possible irritation due to the wax (but that would result in your SKIN being red NOT red bumps - red bumps are an indication that the follicle is having issues see 1,2,3 above.)

However I think Mooch said something about months, the red bumps I experience only last on average 10 days and again I've been doing this for 10 years. I'm so use to the pain I nearly dozed off last time I got the sht ripped out.

The funny thing is some folks think I'm all roided out because of the way my waxing of shoulders and back gives me a bad break out - LOL.

Tanning helps with the red bumps, the UV stunts the growth of bacteria but also opens you up for skin cancer too; what's worse bacne for a few days or skin cancer?

Wow, ok TMI maybe but I hope this helps.

thaOrleanyte

thaOrleanyte

Awards
  • Established
my hair breaks razors

mooch2321

mooch2321

Awards
  • Established
I could have been a double for chewbacca "gwaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrhhhh" given my genes and body hair.

Say what you will but I've been shaving for years and to be honest never had a problem. If you are shaving things besides your face do it in the shower and edge gel seems to work JUST fine. Don't shave if you are about to go sweat it up, because you will clog those pores and they will get red and irritated - razor burn; which looks nasty and is not comfortable.

Yes unfortunately due to my ferral genetic make up (lol) I get my back - shoulders waxed about every 8 weeks or so (If I don't it's fn gross! I've never met a hot chick who likes a guy who can comb his own back hair - LMFAO, ok it's not that bad but hopefully you get my point) and I get red bumps every time (been doing this for nearly 10 years). It is the nature of the beast. that is waxing. The red bumps are a few things, 1. the pores getting clogged, 2. mild infection, which will go away once the hair pushes back through (this I was told by both my doctor and dermatologist and there is a name for it yet it escapes me at this moment) 3. ingrown hairs (really, really painful), 4. Possible irritation due to the wax (but that would result in your SKIN being red NOT red bumps - red bumps are an indication that the follicle is having issues see 1,2,3 above.)

However I think Mooch said something about months, the red bumps I experience only last on average 10 days and again I've been doing this for 10 years. I'm so use to the pain I nearly dozed off last time I got the sht ripped out.
The funny thing is some folks think I'm all roided out because of the way my waxing of shoulders and back gives me a bad break out - LOL.

Tanning helps with the red bumps, the UV stunts the growth of bacteria but also opens you up for skin cancer too; what's worse bacne for a few days or skin cancer?

Wow, ok TMI maybe but I hope this helps.
i was talking about being on cycle....on cycle the hormones can make your skin very sensitive....ask an esthetician...they wont wax you if your on something hormonal....

pumbertot

pumbertot

Awards
  • Established
Dont use shaving gel, use Sorbolene body cream. No rash on body or even face for that matter.

Delano J

Awards
I just use a Norelco BG2030. It'ss amazing, gets everything pretty bare and makes it extremely hard to clip your scrotum, very safe. I would link to it but this is my first post.

DT5

Awards
  • Established
they shave only for comp. if your shaving just because...then your a dweeb. be a man, grow hair

Sunder

Sunder

Awards
  • Established
they shave only for comp. if your shaving just because...then your a dweeb. be a man, grow hair
I didn't realize they only shaved for comp and never any other time. Should I report violators even though they are my friends? Do the rules change if they win their weight class or are they still forbidden to do that for the beach?

I must have lost my book on "Rules You Have to Follow to be a Man" :(
I sure hope "not caring what others think nor needing their approval" is in there, or I'm screwed double time.

rubberring

rubberring

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I didn't realize they only shaved for comp and never any other time. Should I report violators even though they are my friends? Do the rules change if they win their weight class or are they still forbidden to do that for the beach?

I must have lost my book on "Rules You Have to Follow to be a Man" :(
I sure hope "not caring what others think nor needing their approval" is in there, or I'm screwed double time.
I lol'd. Repped.:lol:

UKStrength

I tried that 'nair/veet' stuff (rub on cream that dissolves the hair).

Works pretty well and prevents any razor rash, I'd go for a wax though mate if you want the hair gone for a decent length of time.

manny1010

Awards
  • Established
Have any of you guys thought or done the Laser hair removal procedure?

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
damn so im not a man now ? cuz i dont wanna look like a gorrilla.. but anyways i got back and upper arms lasered 2 times each for 450.. i should have to go 8-10 for removal and it barely helped my back upper arm hairs are less dense and stay smooth longer after shaving.

mathis50262

mathis50262

Awards
  • Established
Huh, I shave because I don't want to look in the mirror and see a hairy bastard looking back, not for anyone else. Guess I just lost my manhood.

Red Dog

Red Dog

Awards
  • Established
I think the primary requirement of shaving your body is that you need to big and/or intimidating.

small dude with shaved arms and legs = the **** is wrong with that guy? what a queer.
huge dude with shaved arms and legs = jesus christ, dude must be a bodybuilder.

chloe411

Awards
Nads is da **** it hurts like a mofo around the chest area but for forearms works great hardly any pain after a few times.

Mars1107

yeah who cares, its not unmanly to shave your body hair.

especially if u can get more chicks in doing so.

to note though, a small percentage of chicks like hair on man in general.

a lot actually find only chest hair sexy.

also if u have no hair on your arms, so chicks might think it weird.

But its not unmanly to shave your hair and it keeps you cool during the summer

pumbertot

pumbertot

Awards
  • Established
Nothing manly about being a Werewolf imo mate. I hate my body hair, makes me feel uncomfortable. If I havent shaved my back in 3 weeks, I find it embarassing if my T-shirt isnt high at the back and allows people to see my hairy back.

Each to their own, if you are happy being hairy (if indeed you are hairy, many dont need to shave as they dont have thick dark body hairs) then good for you.

On hair laser removal, doesnt appear to work that well. Heck my sister-in-law got the hair above her top lip lasered twice and she isnt really that hairy yet there is still hair there. I would think the results would be poor on a werewolf such as myself.

Anyways even when it works well, hair laser removal just gets the hair back to the start of their growth cycle, sort of what they were like in puberty. So with all the gear, hormones and peptides it wouldnt take long for them to return to full thickness. Therefore not worth the thousands of doallrs it would cost for chest and back only for them to return in a few months to a year later.

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
I use a norelco electric body shaver. it's a wet/dry, it has a clipper on the edge, and a screen shaver inthe middle. It wacks the long stuff, and gets it close. my chest is pretty hairy and sensitive when i use straight razor and gel. This works like a charm and i don't get razor burn. I just shave once or twice a week since it's a lot of work staying baby butt smooth every day.

KgTomCat

KgTomCat

Awards
  • Established
I wanna walk on stage full of hair and see what happens HAHAHA

h0other

h0other

Awards
  • Established
I almost cut my nipple off shaving last night, had to tape it back on. Not a pleasant sight.

JustnCredible

Banned
Awards
I've been using Speed Cream for Men, which is made by Nair, I believe. It works very well. I don't have to reuse it for at least a few weeks.