Waxing and red bumps??

SHaneA655

Banned
Awards
  • Established
dont know where to post it but sure some of you guys are familar with hair removal. I waxed my back last week. It was fine for about 3 or 4 days. A week and half later, my back is broken out in red bumps. Not sure if this will go away. Assume it will but just wanted to touch base with some people. Heard ther emight be reaction 24 hours or so but this has lasted 4 or 5 days and not getting better and its been over week since it was waxed. Let me know ? thanks

reggieboons

Awards
I've had the same problem personally. Both right after waxing as well as a few days later. I find that sun tanning at least the day after keeps me from breaking out, although they advise against it. Good Luck

SHaneA655

Banned
Awards
  • Established
hmmm. mine didnt start showing up until 4 days after or so. Before it was fine. Now there are red dots on back. Sure it was from waxing. Hopefully it willl go away on its own.

sonny4753

sonny4753

Awards
I've been getting my back and shoulders waxed for 10 + years, faq if I didn't they could have shot me as an extra for Chewbacca in Star Wars "gwaaaaargggghh" (Chewy impersonation lol) - anyway those red bumps are most likely a bacterial infection, my doc usually would give me a antibiotic for really bad cases.

But those were worse case scenarios...

When I don't keep my back clean (back scrubber and then use Tend skin on it after shoer) my back get's broken out and red spots, just the nature of the beast.

Summer is the worst cause I sweat like crazy just by looking outside (no I'm not a fat kid LOL)

1. Get Tend Skin (sht burns but cleans your pores)
2. Evoclin is prescription stuff that is like napalm to break outs - when you absolutely need to clear out the enemy
3. Try NOT to keep your sweaty shirt on any longer than necessary after lifting, ESPECIALLY if you waxed recently. (I sweat like a whore in church so it's tough for me in the gym to stay dry - fk under armour is the sht!).
4. Hit the tanning bed, the UV light kills the bacteria that infects your follicle, but then again it also mutates the cells in the epidermis...tit/for tat I guess. Ah tits....anyway I digress...

OK that is my 2 cents.

Later

SHaneA655

Banned
Awards
  • Established
never once had any breakouts on back until the waxing of my back. So has to be related....sweat, etc...isnt it. It is from the wax

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
its called ingrown hairs my man i get those too.. better take care of them because they turn into purpleish marks and are a bitch to get rid off.. use acne wash stuff on your body. after u get out use stuff like tendskin or personally i use bump patrol which doesnt allow ingrown hairs razor bumps etc.. now you just got to make sure u dont get lazy with applyinng cream etc... if u wax it keep getting it waxed always put something to stop the ingrown hairs afterwrds.

manny1010

Awards
  • Established
..or you can go with the laser hair removal next time. Just thought....

SHaneA655

Banned
Awards
  • Established
how Can I apply this all on my back. Its very hard to get to in certain areas of back?

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
laser hair removal takes forever to do u ahve to go 2-3 months appart for seperate sessions. sometimes it grows back... and it leaves marks from the laser alot of guys at my gym have slight marks left..

and have some one rub it on? try to do ur best to get it on ur back idk man find a way.

killfat

killfat

Awards
After you shave anything, anywhere, rub a lot of either grapeseed oil or olive oil. Unless it's in your speedo/bikini line, then rub a lot of vaseline. I do this at night, so I can go to sleep and it soaks into me. The cost of your sheets is nothing compared to the great results.

mooch2321

mooch2321

Awards
  • Established
dont know where to post it but sure some of you guys are familar with hair removal. I waxed my back last week. It was fine for about 3 or 4 days. A week and half later, my back is broken out in red bumps. Not sure if this will go away. Assume it will but just wanted to touch base with some people. Heard ther emight be reaction 24 hours or so but this has lasted 4 or 5 days and not getting better and its been over week since it was waxed. Let me know ? thanks
are you taking anything hormonal? on cycle? test booster that sort of thing? hormones can make your skin VERY sensitive....most estheticians wont wax you if they know your on a cycle or anything else hormonal....i had this done on my first cycle and those red bumps didnt go away for months....id see a dermatologist if it continues....mabye they can do something about it....