Really wanting to gain lbs of muscle

neil0215

Awards
here's the deal. i'm about 6'4 and around 175lbs. PRETTY SKINNY HUH??? well about 4 months ago i joined a local gym and weighed in at around 160 or so, so i've gained a little weight. the problem now is that i've hit a stopping point in my training. i'm at a stand still with gaining weight, and i havent gone up that much in strength for about 2 weeks. i workout 4 days a week and do mostly arms and chest workouts. I just started using a stack from usplabs, Anabolic pump, Prime, and PowerFULL. Hopefully this stack will help me with my weight problems. I'm not trying to get absolutely HUGE but i would like to be a solid 210lbs. I know it's not going to happen over night but maybe i'm just not doing something right. I eat plenty throughout the day, but maybe not eating the right stuff for weight gaining. i know 210lbs is far off from the 175lbs i am now, but i would like to see that weight. Think it's possible??? any info and help would be greatly appreciated as this is the first time in my life that i have actually lifted weights. thanks a lot and i love the site so far.

knucks3man

Awards
Arm and chest workouts? Legs?

need to deadlift and Squat....

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
i workout 4 days a week and do mostly arms and chest workouts.

I just started using a stack from usplabs, Anabolic pump, Prime, and PowerFULL. Hopefully this stack will help me with my weight problems.

I eat plenty throughout the day, but maybe not eating the right stuff for weight gaining. i know 210lbs is far off from the 175lbs i am now, but i would like to see that weight. Think it's possible???
I would do 4 days a week: chest/triceps. back/biceps. shoulders/traps. legs/abs. Compound movements till you puke.

That stack wont hurt, before you buy your next supplements ask the forum, you'll get some great recomendations.

Plenty must not be enough since your not gaining weight. Its very possible to meet whatever weight you want too, you'll just need to eat more, alot more.

If you have any specific Q's ask away.

whiskers

whiskers

Banned
Awards
  • Established
You'll encounter serious posture and joint problems if you dont balance out your training. Lift whole body or you'll look like a jack @ss once you start getting bigger.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
hit legs and back also man dont neglect those muscle groups

waynaferd

waynaferd

Awards
  • Established
Usually a change in routine will help get past a platue

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This shouldn't be in the pro section, should be in the bulking forum.
Oh well.

You're currently at where I started - 6'4" 175-180lb. You'll make progress when you get your training and diet in order. Figure out how much you're eating a day, calorically, and increase it by 200-500, or until you start gaining again.

Also, as everyone has said, a routine that does not work all body-parts will result in an asymetrical physique and possibly health problems.

Also, there is lot's of cross-over between muscle groups for most of the compound movements, so gaining strength everywhere is essential to gaining strength in whatever muscle group you would like to target. I.e. standing BB curls requires ab, lower-back, shoulder and glute strength to stabilize yourself and keep you from cheating on your form. Squats require back, ab, shoulder, forearm, neck and pretty much full-body activation. Bent Rows require quads, hamstring, glute, ab and shoulder activation. So, if you want your curls to increase in weight beyond a certain, you have to increase the strength of the other muscles used as well.

callaway

Awards
15lbs naturally over 4 months isn't bad at all. But you def. still have more room to grow naturally....

Expand your workout routine with the above advice, and check out suncloud's link. Good stuff.

C_

neil0215

Awards
great info. thanks a lot. and to answer the questions about legs, i always make sure to do them at least twice a week, same with squats. they just really bore me so i dont really like to talk about them. stupid right?! but i'll make sure i try everything everybody listed above. thanks again

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
great info. thanks a lot. and to answer the questions about legs, i always make sure to do them at least twice a week, same with squats. they just really bore me so i dont really like to talk about them. stupid right?! but i'll make sure i try everything everybody listed above. thanks again
Good luck with that. Just remember when you hit a plateau, evaluate your training and diet first before picking up supplements which might blind you to the original problem. USP Labs has some good products don't get me wrong, just remember to focus on your training.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Those supplements will greatly aid in anybody's improvement, but may I make a suggestion? I feel you should capitalize on your opportunity here: Take your body to the precipice of unaided training, in order to gain body self-awareness, before you begin supplementation. Gaining a greater mind-to-muscle connection and knowledge of which training programs work in which way will exponentially improve your response to supplements in the future - that is, let us say you are 50% knowledgeable now thereby, only garnering 50% of the possible potential of your supplements; on the other hand, let us assume that you are 80% knowledgeable; your supplements then produce 90% of their possible results!

Feel me?

glaze1353

glaze1353

Awards
Eat like a horse
Train like an animal
Sleep like a baby

You need the three king exercises if your going to build and quality mass.

Squat
Uses over 70% of major muscle groups in the body boosts overall test like crazy meaning more growth.

Deadlift(As important as the squat)

Bench Press(aka Squat of the upper body)

Supplements are the icing on the cake but not the cake itself remember that.

I personally would go for a 5 day split:

Monday
- BACK
Tuesday - SHOULDERS + TRAPS
Wednesday - QUADS + HAMS + CALVES
Thursday - CHEST
Friday - BICEPS + TRICEPS + FOREARMS
Saturday - OFF
Sunday - OFF

Monday - Add Deadlift

Wednesday - Add Squat

Thursday - Add Bench Press

Tell me if you want me to make you a sample routine.

Hope this helps ;)

Matt6969

Awards
  • Established
LEGS LEGS LEGS you need to work your legs. if you don't you will end up looking like one of those goofy mother fukrs with a bigass upper body and bird legs. your back is also very important having a strong and wide back makes your shoulders look wider and makes you look all around bigger. if you want the V work your back.
:thumbsup:

inmymind801

inmymind801

Awards
if youre not training your back and shoulders youre really missing out

jamesb2525

jamesb2525

Awards
Like everyone is mentioning you have to work all of your body. And diet is a big part of it. Have you looked into adding supper sets, drop sets or cheater sets to your workout?

dezzy84

dezzy84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Your gonna have 2 eat a lot bro. These guys are right. I try 2 get 20 calories x my bodyweight a day.

Matt6969

Awards
  • Established
eat. eat. train. eat. eat. train.eat. eat. sleep. repeat.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You need to start eating like a 210 pounder bubba. You are looking at about 4000 cals e/d with about 250-300 grams of that being from protein. Figure out what that takes and put it into 6 meals. The only thing preventing you from getting there is your lack of knowledge. You found this website....now read and learn!!

REEVESDIESEL

REEVESDIESEL

Awards
  • Established
here's the deal. i'm about 6'4 and around 175lbs. PRETTY SKINNY HUH??? well about 4 months ago i joined a local gym and weighed in at around 160 or so, so i've gained a little weight. the problem now is that i've hit a stopping point in my training. i'm at a stand still with gaining weight, and i havent gone up that much in strength for about 2 weeks. i workout 4 days a week and do mostly arms and chest workouts. I just started using a stack from usplabs, Anabolic pump, Prime, and PowerFULL. Hopefully this stack will help me with my weight problems. I'm not trying to get absolutely HUGE but i would like to be a solid 210lbs. I know it's not going to happen over night but maybe i'm just not doing something right. I eat plenty throughout the day, but maybe not eating the right stuff for weight gaining. i know 210lbs is far off from the 175lbs i am now, but i would like to see that weight. Think it's possible??? any info and help would be greatly appreciated as this is the first time in my life that i have actually lifted weights. thanks a lot and i love the site so far.
You cannot just work mainly chest & arms! You should try Size Surge or something like that. Also, you need to eat every 2-3 hrs.

REEVESDIESEL

REEVESDIESEL

Awards
  • Established
I just noticed this OP was back late last yr. Neil, you still on here? How's it goin?

darkvard

Awards
lol just start training all muscles and you should see a major jump i know i did