Poll: Will Jay Cutler retire

Will Jay Cutler retire?

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
  1. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  296 lbs.

If he stays it won't be to win, but to keep earning. I think he's permanently dethroned

2. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.

i think that if jay drops all the sponsor crap he got caught up in, meaning all the places to appear at and stuff to make companies money instead of focus on his training 100% like he use to. if he can free his time i without doubt would say that he will be back. hes devoted and humble. he never took it for granted. he knows what has to be done
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Endgame007 View Post
    The prediction of placement is if he defends his title. Think about it. Only 12 guys have been Mr. Olympia. Out of those 12 how many retired as Mr. O Arnold and Dorian did it for sure and I think chris dickerson but other than a few everyone else got knocked off even the Big Brubba no Trubba Ronnie Coleman. Do you wanna be known as the guy who got knocked off or the smart guy that said my journey hear is complete and its time for me to conquer something else.

lol and you dont mention one of the greatest, Haney? shame on you.
    •   

4. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

I think he will be back but he wont win. Im not sure on Dex coming back but if he does i dont think he will repeat either. Next olympia will be stacked with vic, phil, kai, and wolf.... i think thats too much for dex and jay. Wolf will be awhile before he gets an O imo hell probably end up like jay or dexter, getting his high placings but only winning at the end of his career, sad because i think his physique is awesome. I dont think wolf can compete with phil and victor for the #1 at this point. If he plays the mass monster game he will be a sight to behold tho. Phil is another Dexter imo. Next O will be interesting and i hope everyone comes in healthy esp Branch, that guy deserves to show us his package (no homo lol)
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by pistonpump View Post
    I think he will be back but he wont win. Im not sure on Dex coming back but if he does i dont think he will repeat either. Next olympia will be stacked with vic, phil, kai, and wolf.... i think thats too much for dex and jay. Wolf will be awhile before he gets an O imo hell probably end up like jay or dexter, getting his high placings but only winning at the end of his career, sad because i think his physique is awesome. I dont think wolf can compete with phil and victor for the #1 at this point. If he plays the mass monster game he will be a sight to behold tho. Phil is another Dexter imo. Next O will be interesting and i hope everyone comes in healthy esp Branch, that guy deserves to show us his package (no homo lol)
    i wouldnt use the word 'healthy' when discussing pro bodybuilding bro.

who knows what will happen. the judges could well go back to looking for the massmonster look next year.
  6. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by pumbertot View Post

who knows what will happen. the judges could well go back to looking for the massmonster look next year.
    lol. well i should say not out due to injury...

yeah, sometimes i think Dex's win was one of reward for his consistancy and condition and jay being off.

you may be right about the massmonsters, there will be alot of big guys on stage next year they may just shadow guys like phil.
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.

Jay's not retiring. He's coming back next year according to an interview w/ Bob Chicerillo? (Forgive my spelling.)
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.

i agree he will be back but wont win. im calling an early prediction of vic
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.

Come to think about it. Phil Heath looks alot like a smaller (muscle-wise), but taller Victor.
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

this is supposedly new
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

12. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

damit it wont go through....
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  171 lbs.

I don't think he should retire. In my oppinion, he looked better than last year. Dex did come in looking GREAT though. I'm not a Dex fan at all. But he looked better than I think I've ever seen him. Looks like he put on a little size and stayed ripped. Jay has a problem with symmetry, mainly in his lats and biceps (his left bicep is like double the size of the right). To be honest, with that symmetry imbalance, I think Jay needs to come in HUGE, because that's his best chance of getting higher points if he can't correct his imbalances. But he needs to keep that waist down too. So it's a double edged sword for sure. I don't know, that's my .02. But he shows incredible sportsmanship when he loses. I really admire that.
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

how can you not be a fan of dex...i think god made him in a test tube. it is just me or is he perfectly symmetrical?!? heath is next closest think imo in terms of symmetry.
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  171 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by raginfcktard View Post
    how can you not be a fan of dex...i think god made him in a test tube. it is just me or is he perfectly symmetrical?!? heath is next closest think imo in terms of symmetry.
    I don't know man. There's something about him i just don't like. I think it's his rounded obliques, which he really didn't have too bad at the olympia. But I'm just a bigger fan of Heath and Wolf. I like some other guys too. I don't know. But he DID show up for this Olympia. No doubt about that.
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  230 lbs.

Phil Heath will win olympia with the next few years
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

he will compete again next year, but after he loses again he will consider it ;-)
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  70 lbs.

2009= Jay vs Victor.. .Jay is animal and he's gonna win the show..Victor will follow soon..
    They don't and should not retire and thats what will be appreciated..the game must get intense.. cheers
  19. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  230 lbs.

Jay wont retire, Vic will also do the arnold, which could hurt him in terms of conditioning later on in the year, and Dennis might as well...
  20. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

victor is gonna own jay. we have seen the best of jay already imo he is on the downhill.
  21. PES Rep
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by pistonpump View Post
    victor is gonna own jay. we have seen the best of jay already imo he is on the downhill.
    plus what else does Jay have to prove, he's been mr. O for 2 years and won the Arnold classic 3 times... at this stage in his career cant change his physic... its all down hill from here!
  22. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.

I wouldn't be surprised if he took the Olympia title back next year.

Jay beat Dexter at the night show, meaning if he had come in like he had on the night show it would have been lights out.

Jay has had some issues coming in the last few years. But if he just goes in as if his against Ronnie again no one can touch him with his mass. He went a bit too small trying to beat Dexter in conditioning, that's not Jay's strong point. He should have out muscled him.
  23. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.

I'm pretty sure Jay's going for a third victory. I do think he should retire after that because I don't think he'll win a fourth time. I think he'd be better of making some kids and spreading those genes for a new generation of bodybuilders!
  24. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  207 lbs.

He said he wants a 3rd and that will be it. Plus the rumor is that his wife wants a kid now. So who knows. I believe this is his last try and it should be over.
  25. Registered User

I never liked Jay's hair.
  26. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by pumbertot View Post

Lol, healthy body builder= oxymoron
  27. Board Sponsor
    Board Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by ilovelamp View Post
    I never liked Jay's hair.
    He and Denis Wolff seem to have the same do going on. I really don't like it. TO be honest though, I couldn't see them with any other type of haircut lmao!
  28. Gold Member
    Stats
    5'10"  251 lbs.

true... but in the world of bodybuilding and sleeping hpta receptors., hair isnt very common... thats why cutler rocks a visor. Or at least thats what he said..
  29. Board Sponsor
    Board Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by DreamOfWeight View Post
    true... but in the world of bodybuilding and sleeping hpta receptors., hair isnt very common... thats why cutler rocks a visor. Or at least thats what he said..
    So then, he likes to show it off? It would be really ironic if one day you caught him with a hat that said, "Propecia", or "Finasteride.' HAHAHAHA!
  30. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  205 lbs.

I think he has a few years left before he retires. He may try to make it until 40 in my opinion. But there is no way he just up and quits after a 2nd place loss to Dexter.

I'm a little biased as a Cutler fan, but I feel sorry for him b/c I think he is one of the most dedicated bodybuilders in history. He was fighting for number one during the era of Coleman. Up until Coleman, bodybuilders were rewarded for getting bigger and bigger, until finally the public really started to criticize the sport b/c it no longer rewarded symmetry and conditioning. Jay, merely adapted to the get big theory b/c that's what the judges obviously wanted since he was number two for a long time. Then after he won, there now seems to be a huge shift in the judging. (Which I'm happy to see) I'd rather see a Dexter win Mr. O than a Ronnie any day.

Hopefully Jay will once again adapt and maybe come in 10 - 20lbs lighter in superb condition. The main flaw he needs to correct is the skin folds in his lower back. I'm pulling for Jay in 2009 though.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-04-2009, 12:46 PM
  2. Where would you retire?
    By manny1010 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 10-21-2008, 10:58 PM
  3. WTF? Anderson Silva retire?
    By MentalTwitch in forum MMA
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 10-05-2008, 10:50 PM
  4. new Cutler pic
    By mindgame in forum Pro Bodybuilding
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 09-15-2008, 01:27 AM
  5. Official Jay Cutler message to TEAM CUTLER World Wide: -Team Cutler President & Mngr
    By AlphaAnabolic in forum Bodybuilding Contest Preperation
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-03-2007, 10:30 AM