Joe Biden and our sport

Brolic

Brolic

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Joe biden is pretty much anti AAS, do anyone that this will have any effect on the npc and Ifbb

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You act as though there is a chance that AAS will return to a legal status.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
AAS users have NO friends in congress or elsewhere..period.

NAMBLA stands a better chance of gaining support..lolololol.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
bio that actually gave me a good chuckle. Sad but true

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
and why would they? BB is no where near a major sport and doest bring enough exposure

buster12

Awards
and why would they? BB is no where near a major sport and doest bring enough exposure
Its a major sport to me reaper.lol. Could you imagine though if all the bodybuilders now were natural. We would truly know what a genetic freak is. lol.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
that would be funny as hell. Flex Wheeler would be making a huge comeback

buster12

Awards
that would be funny as hell. Flex Wheeler would be making a huge comeback
hell yeah. And I would personally go up to jay cutler (my arch nemisis) and say " hey ,wheres the rest of ya" in a wiley old man voice. I should proly see someone about my hatred for jay. :think:

mrchristian

mrchristian

Awards
  • Established
hell yeah. And I would personally go up to jay cutler (my arch nemisis) and say " hey ,wheres the rest of ya" in a wiley old man voice. I should proly see someone about my hatred for jay. :think:

Please dont, your hatred for Jay amuses me and always brings a smile to my face.:hammer:

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
how? uhhh.....:think: make them piss in a cup or draw blood just prior to the show........ :think: how is that such a far fetched idea?
Based upon which legal statute? You can't piss test anyone at your own discretion.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Based upon which legal statute? You can't piss test anyone at your own discretion.
well how do they test pro athletes? ...they would just implement this into pro bodybuilding i guess.

bigpapa

bigpapa

Awards
  • Established
i dont get why the government cares so much. why does congress care so much that some baseball players used something to make them better? they produce and allow more meds or other things that kill people everyday, including cigarrettes and alcohol and anti-depressants....after it is all said and done..i think the reason is because they don't benefit from it, they don't get a cut. if u watched Bigger Stronger Faster, excellent movie, u see him speak. he took an interest because i think the story was his son was playing football at ND and everybody was pinning themselves but he was too much of a pussy to do so...so in comes daddy. i think biden also couldnt accept the fact he probably sucked ass as sports and this is his way of getting back some how. and i personally think bush saying he is against steroids is a cover up. he had canseco on his rangers team and he knew. his father appointed the poster boy and my hero arnold schwarzenegger as the commisioner of his fitness task force. they knew..politics is all about cover ups.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
good post bigpapa i must agree with the reasoning, the gov not getting their cut is a big reason when it comes to things being illegal. Look at marijuana... they could never control it.

anadrol75

Awards
**** all of them! They are owned by the U.S. government. Their lives are meaningless to me. I drink the blood of the innocent and feast on the souls of the damned.

vikinginc

Awards
  • Established

.. correction.. American's have NO friends in Congress or Wall Street . . hence we surrender to their commands, and officially become their lil *****e$/puppets. . . . .

dommer

Banned
Awards
Its a major sport to me reaper.lol. Could you imagine though if all the bodybuilders now were natural. We would truly know what a genetic freak is. lol.
no we wouldnt they would just beat the test like some of them already do

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
at least obama isn't concerned.......

Obama: "I gotta admit that seeing a lot of congressional hearings around steroid use is not probably the best use of congressional time"

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
Obama already publicly stated he could give a rats a$$ about AAS and thinks the govt has wasted a lot of time and tax payer money on an issue that should be taken care of by baseball not the govt.

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Obama already publicly stated he could give a rats a$$ about AAS and thinks the govt has wasted a lot of time and tax payer money on an issue that should be taken care of by baseball not the govt.
That is how it should be.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

Don't hate just because we look like Marlon Brando

Mass_69

Mass_69

Awards
  • Established
Then it would come from the IFBB and not the gov't.
The pressure would come from the government. IIRC, during the last hearings (where HGH was a big topic, not the '05 ones), a Congresswoman was making a big stretch to justify the government's authority in this matter, stating that steriods/HGH created an unlevel playing field, and since the fans pay money to see a real competition and not a predetermined outcome (like prof. wrestling), it becomes fraud to the fans as performance enhancers can ultimately change the result of the game. They could apply pressure on the leagues (or in bodybuilding's case, federation) by threatening the fraud charges.

Can't say I really agree with her use of that logic, especially when it's spending all that time & money in Congress on the hearings & investigations.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
The pressure would come from the government. IIRC, during the last hearings (where HGH was a big topic, not the '05 ones), a Congresswoman was making a big stretch to justify the government's authority in this matter, stating that steriods/HGH created an unlevel playing field, and since the fans pay money to see a real competition and not a predetermined outcome (like prof. wrestling), it becomes fraud to the fans as performance enhancers can ultimately change the result of the game. They could apply pressure on the leagues (or in bodybuilding's case, federation) by threatening the fraud charges.

Can't say I really agree with her use of that logic, especially when it's spending all that time & money in Congress on the hearings & investigations.
I think there's a mistake in your thinking, like where you referred to what she said as logic.

Major league baseball has had its share of pre-determined games, and none of them had anything to do with steroids or HGH.

Mass_69

Mass_69

Awards
  • Established
I think there's a mistake in your thinking, like where you referred to what she said as logic.

Major league baseball has had its share of pre-determined games, and none of them had anything to do with steroids or HGH.
I was using definition #2 of logic ;)

2: something that forces a decision apart from or in opposition to reason

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
Arlen Spector is another major opponent of AAS, plus anybody that was on the Warren Commission and championed the "Single bullet therory" in the Kennedy assasination really should retire:numbered:

:bruce3:

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm going to say this: professional BBing is NOT a sport; it is a competition. When the outcome is solely determined by the opinions of others, it is not a sport. They are tremendous competitors, but there is too much politics to say it is a true sport.

dynomite

dynomite

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Joe biden is pretty much anti AAS, do anyone that this will have any effect on the npc and Ifbb

why do people want to do AAS so bad anyway. I dont understand why people care so much about that stuff. I guess they are just not okay with who they are. The stuff is illegal so just use it illegally and know the risks. I personally don't want to see that stuff legal. I really dont want to be surrounded by tons of douche bags twice my size. Because honestly people that use AAS for aesthetic purposes are total douche bags.

And really if they use them to cheat then they are douche bags too. Really all AAS users are just douche bags.

1 or 2 cycles for experimentation is understandable

bryan4592

Awards
What fails to be mentioned, in these posts and with all arguments regarding the government vs. league debate, is that the use of AAS is ILLEGAL. The law, however, is a matter of governmental jurisdiction.

But, I do agree there are bigger fish to fry...

johnyq

johnyq

Awards
  • Established
why do people want to do AAS so bad anyway. I dont understand why people care so much about that stuff. I guess they are just not okay with who they are. The stuff is illegal so just use it illegally and know the risks. I personally don't want to see that stuff legal. I really dont want to be surrounded by tons of douche bags twice my size. Because honestly people that use AAS for aesthetic purposes are total douche bags.

And really if they use them to cheat then they are douche bags too. Really all AAS users are just douche bags.

1 or 2 cycles for experimentation is understandable
all AAS users are douchebags...with an exclusion for those few cycles you did?

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/86065-never-fully-recovered.html

:rolleyes:

dynomite

dynomite

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I never did anything illegal as far as supplemenatation goes.

like i said i can understand taking it just a couple times to see what would happen. Which is what i did. Hey life is about experiences.

but guys who regularly take roids to be something that they are not, well those are douche bags. you know who you are

Zane85

Awards
I think BB is too small of a sport to draw attention.