Bodybuilders and gyno surgery

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. New Member
    buster12's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    116
    Rep Power
    142
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    92.27%

    Bodybuilders and gyno surgery


    Ive noticed a couple bodybuilders who have had it(hideta yamagashi, and a cuple others). I was wondering if any of you know any other bodybuilders who have done it, or is it just really common amoung all pros? I know trey brewer hasn't had it done. lol

  2. Professional Member
    mooch2321's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    3,835
    Rep Power
    2015
    Level
    42
    Lv. Percent
    59.06%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    gyno is something that is inevitable when u are running the amount of juice that these guys are. its gonna happen....im sure many, many bodybuilders have done this quietly during the offseason.
  3. New Member
    IRON4LIFE's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Age
    31
    Posts
    374
    Rep Power
    19831
    Level
    17
    Lv. Percent
    30.76%

    from what ive read and heard most bbers get gyno removed on a fairly regular basis...look at some of the pictures of Ronnie, Paco Batustia, Johnnie Jackson...they all had gyno at some point and had it removed...it seems to be a pretty common occurrence...dr.blau does most of the pro's surgeries i believe, at least i know he is responsible for dave palumbos and a few others
    •   
       

  4. Advanced Member
    mrchristian's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Age
    33
    Posts
    779
    Rep Power
    470
    Level
    22
    Lv. Percent
    2.01%

    I thought once you removed the gland or something from there that it no longer triggered growth.
  5. New Member
    IRON4LIFE's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Age
    31
    Posts
    374
    Rep Power
    19831
    Level
    17
    Lv. Percent
    30.76%

    From Dr. Blau's website...this should help clarify

    Although recurrence of gynecomastia is not common after excision by an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, it is possible.

    In our practice, recurrence is exceedingly rare (fewer than 2% of our patients experience recurrence). For this reason, our policy is to not charge a surgeon’s fee for recurrence. True gynecomastia is caused mainly by excess glandular tissue, which causes a protrusion of the nipple-areola complex (puffy nipples). In our practice our goal is to remove over 90% of the mammary gland, which leaves enough glandular tissue to support the nipple-areola complex and prevent concavity of the areola, which itself may be aesthetically objectionable.

    The inexperienced surgeon may leave more glandular tissue than is necessary. This excess glandular tissue may become noticeable once the person becomes leaner or when the initial post-surgical edema (swelling) demises over the first few weeks.

    Conditions that may imitate gynecomastia recurrences but are not related to glandular tissue may include the following:

    A. Initial edema swelling for the first few months after surgery

    B. Weight gain

    C. Scar tissue

    Because young people naturally undergo very intense healing processes, they may experience excess production of fibrous tissue (scar). It sounds paradoxical but it is the realty.

    Post-surgical use of anabolic steroids following partial removal of the glandular tissue may produce a recurrence of true gynecomastia. To minimize the chances of recurrence in bodybuilders it is essential to excise most of the sub-areola glandular tissue and the entire medial “head” and “lateral” tail of the hypertrophied glandular tissues.

    In the rare instance that endocrine disease produces hormonal changes that cause enlarged male breasts, the plastic surgeon should be especially aggressive in trying to prevent recurrence. In these instances excision of most of the gland is of paramount importance.

    In conclusion the most important factor for prevention of recurrence is complete excision of the glandular tissue. In many instances liposuction alone, regardless of the method employed (ultrasound, lazar, etc.), is insufficient in completely eradicating this condition.
  6. Banned
    Brolic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,367
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    28
    Lv. Percent
    46.56%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    post pics of ronnies and jonnhie
  7. New Member
    IRON4LIFE's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Age
    31
    Posts
    374
    Rep Power
    19831
    Level
    17
    Lv. Percent
    30.76%
  8. New Member
    Kraker's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    419
    Rep Power
    288
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    70.94%

    "The Rock" admitted to having surgery done on his pecs, also in the same interview he admitted to steroids. This was in an issue of GQ a while back. My 2 cents
  9. New Member
    DrBermant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    110
    Level
    2
    Lv. Percent
    24.5%

    Quote Originally Posted by buster12 View Post
    Ive noticed a couple bodybuilders who have had it(hideta yamagashi, and a cuple others). I was wondering if any of you know any other bodybuilders who have done it, or is it just really common amoung all pros? I know trey brewer hasn't had it done. lol
    I work with many Bodybuilders With Gynecomastia. Although many are professionals, most are men that just do not like the contour problems of Puffy Nipple Gynecomastia.
    here

    Hope this helps,

    Michael Bermant, MD
    Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction
  10. Advanced Member
    pumbertot's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    520
    Rep Power
    342
    Level
    19
    Lv. Percent
    22.48%

    Ronnie had them removed and they did re-appear later.
    Even Haney had them removed, visible in 1989 but not in 1991.

    You can not knowingly remove all the estrogen receptors in that area so although it should never come back as bad, if you have a lot of receptors in that area it will surely return.
  11. Advanced Member
    ryaroberts's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Age
    30
    Posts
    610
    Rep Power
    391
    Level
    20
    Lv. Percent
    49.02%

    how long are you out after surgery? how long before you can hit the gym again, especially a chest workout?
  12. Board Supporter
    kjkriston's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  224 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,165
    Rep Power
    1622
    Level
    34
    Lv. Percent
    71.01%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by ryaroberts View Post
    how long are you out after surgery? how long before you can hit the gym again, especially a chest workout?
    I was told two weeks out of the gym by a friend who had one sided surgery. Hes never had a return but also swore off test after that. It started with SD rebound and was severly aggravated by a test e cycle. Told him to run an estrogen control with it but he learned the hard way.
  13. Senior Member
    dedlifter1's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Age
    35
    Posts
    1,633
    Rep Power
    899
    Level
    30
    Lv. Percent
    7.54%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by kjkriston View Post
    I was told two weeks out of the gym by a friend who had one sided surgery. Hes never had a return but also swore off test after that. It started with SD rebound and was severly aggravated by a test e cycle. Told him to run an estrogen control with it but he learned the hard way.
    I had a major gyno surgery. ended up with a hematoma/seroma on both sides. out of gym for two monthes. story is even worse than that tho.
  14. New Member
    anonymous11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    69
    Level
    1
    Lv. Percent
    7%

    Ashley Centre


    Hey guys,

    Today I had my gyno surgery. I finally stepped up to the plate and did it. This is my story about how it went.

    I have had this gyno since I first hit puberty. I was always pretty skinny buy I had a pointy chest, this stopped me from going to the beach with my shirt off when I got a little older, I never went to the pools etc. It really bothered me. I thought at first I must have had fat around my chest because I was just unlucky and this is where my fat was stored. I started working out when I was around 22 and went to the gym 5 days a week. I toned up and got to be very skinny but the fat around my chest never seemed to get any lower. I searched on Google and came across many sites and thatís when I first thought that I might have had gyno. I didnít do anything about it until I was 24 because I was scared of going under the knife. Well finally I decided that something had to be done.

    I started searching the net for surgeons who could do the surgery and ended up deciding to use Dr. Ashley Granot from the Ashley Centre in Melbourne. I went to see him for a consultation and had all the blood tests. It turns out that all my blood work was perfectly normal for a guy my age. They didnít have a reason why I had gyno; it was just one of those things. Anyway the surgery set me back $4500 all up including EVERYTHING.

    On the day that I was going into surgery I wasnít allowed to eat anything for 6 hours before operation. I went in and I was nervous as anything. They got me to strip down into a surgical gown and the nurse gave me an intramuscular injection into my glute, it was pain killer and relaxants. I thought it was going to hurt but it didnít hurt that much at all. After that another nurse put a drip into my arm, I thought it was going to hurt again, but it didnít, they put heaps of saline into the drip.

    After about 15 minutes of waiting for the drugs to kick in the doctor came into the room and cut an incision into my armpit. He inserted a clear plastic tube into the incision and started to pump me full of muscle relaxants, pain killer and something to dilute the fat. He put about 800mls into my chest. After that we waited another 15 minutes for the pain killer and fat diluting solution to start working. The inserting of the clear plastic tube was the most painful part of the surgery. I think painful is a bit harsh of a word. I would say it was VERY uncomfortable. As he was pushing in the tube I could feel the fat ripping away from the muscle below it.

    After that he got the liposuction canula and started sucking out the fat. This took a fair while and didnít hurt for the most part. A few times he hit a hard part of fat which would hurt very slightly but it was bearable. When he finished sucking out all the fat there was still a bit of breast tissue which he could not get out through the canula because it was too hard. So he made an incision around my nipple and pulled it out with some tweezer looking things and he just cut it. This was uncomfortable as I could feel the tissues being ripped out of my chest. But it didnít hurt. After this was done he sewed me up and I could sit up and put on my compression vest.

    Throughout the entire procedure I was awake and could see what was going on. I was sedated but not fully knocked out. The doctor said he did not want to give me general anesthetic and knock me out fully because that was too risky for a minor procedure. He said something like 1 in 10,000 people die from an allergic reaction to general anesthetic or something like that. Plus I wanted to be awake because I didnít want anything to stuff up and I had heard some horror stories about doctors cutting out chest muscles and stuff like that. I was talking throughout the whole procedure, probably a lot of jibberish cause of all the relaxants but yea.

    All in all I am happy that I finally have my gyno gone and I have a flat chest. I only did the surgery this morning and I am already up and about. It doesnít hurt much at all, it just feels like a really hard gym workout session and I canít lift my arms over my head. Other than that I got some pain killers but I donít even need them. If you are thinking about doing this, just DO IT. Donít be scared of the surgery itís not that bad.

    If you have any questions ill be happy to answer them. Tomorrow I have to go back to the surgery for a post op check up.

    My chest is FLAT!!!!!!!


    Hope I have helped someone out there!
  15. Senior Member
    silverSurfer's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Age
    43
    Posts
    1,930
    Rep Power
    1100
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    40.68%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Awesome, and congratulations on your successful procedure. This is my first read of someone sharing their personal experience with gyno removal surgery. I must admit it sounds uncomfortable and a bit painful, but I'm sure in your case it was well worth it.

    Thanks a ton for sharing with us.
  16. New Member
    fieldt76's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  169 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Age
    30
    Posts
    134
    Rep Power
    145
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    37.11%

    Man, I can't believe they kept you awake for the whole thing. I don't know if I could sit there and watch someone remove pieces of my body like that. One of my best friends had gyno surgery and they put him completley under. He had to wear a compression vest for 4 weeks and said he was really sore, but that the actual surgery was not a problem at all.
  17. Senior Member
    dedlifter1's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Age
    35
    Posts
    1,633
    Rep Power
    899
    Level
    30
    Lv. Percent
    7.54%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by anonymous11 View Post
    Hey guys,

    Today I had my gyno surgery. I finally stepped up to the plate and did it. This is my story about how it went.

    I have had this gyno since I first hit puberty. I was always pretty skinny buy I had a pointy chest, this stopped me from going to the beach with my shirt off when I got a little older, I never went to the pools etc. It really bothered me. I thought at first I must have had fat around my chest because I was just unlucky and this is where my fat was stored. I started working out when I was around 22 and went to the gym 5 days a week. I toned up and got to be very skinny but the fat around my chest never seemed to get any lower. I searched on Google and came across many sites and thatís when I first thought that I might have had gyno. I didnít do anything about it until I was 24 because I was scared of going under the knife. Well finally I decided that something had to be done.

    I started searching the net for surgeons who could do the surgery and ended up deciding to use Dr. Ashley Granot from the Ashley Centre in Melbourne. I went to see him for a consultation and had all the blood tests. It turns out that all my blood work was perfectly normal for a guy my age. They didnít have a reason why I had gyno; it was just one of those things. Anyway the surgery set me back $4500 all up including EVERYTHING.

    On the day that I was going into surgery I wasnít allowed to eat anything for 6 hours before operation. I went in and I was nervous as anything. They got me to strip down into a surgical gown and the nurse gave me an intramuscular injection into my glute, it was pain killer and relaxants. I thought it was going to hurt but it didnít hurt that much at all. After that another nurse put a drip into my arm, I thought it was going to hurt again, but it didnít, they put heaps of saline into the drip.

    After about 15 minutes of waiting for the drugs to kick in the doctor came into the room and cut an incision into my armpit. He inserted a clear plastic tube into the incision and started to pump me full of muscle relaxants, pain killer and something to dilute the fat. He put about 800mls into my chest. After that we waited another 15 minutes for the pain killer and fat diluting solution to start working. The inserting of the clear plastic tube was the most painful part of the surgery. I think painful is a bit harsh of a word. I would say it was VERY uncomfortable. As he was pushing in the tube I could feel the fat ripping away from the muscle below it.

    After that he got the liposuction canula and started sucking out the fat. This took a fair while and didnít hurt for the most part. A few times he hit a hard part of fat which would hurt very slightly but it was bearable. When he finished sucking out all the fat there was still a bit of breast tissue which he could not get out through the canula because it was too hard. So he made an incision around my nipple and pulled it out with some tweezer looking things and he just cut it. This was uncomfortable as I could feel the tissues being ripped out of my chest. But it didnít hurt. After this was done he sewed me up and I could sit up and put on my compression vest.

    Throughout the entire procedure I was awake and could see what was going on. I was sedated but not fully knocked out. The doctor said he did not want to give me general anesthetic and knock me out fully because that was too risky for a minor procedure. He said something like 1 in 10,000 people die from an allergic reaction to general anesthetic or something like that. Plus I wanted to be awake because I didnít want anything to stuff up and I had heard some horror stories about doctors cutting out chest muscles and stuff like that. I was talking throughout the whole procedure, probably a lot of jibberish cause of all the relaxants but yea.

    All in all I am happy that I finally have my gyno gone and I have a flat chest. I only did the surgery this morning and I am already up and about. It doesnít hurt much at all, it just feels like a really hard gym workout session and I canít lift my arms over my head. Other than that I got some pain killers but I donít even need them. If you are thinking about doing this, just DO IT. Donít be scared of the surgery itís not that bad.

    If you have any questions ill be happy to answer them. Tomorrow I have to go back to the surgery for a post op check up.

    My chest is FLAT!!!!!!!


    Hope I have helped someone out there!
    I had that same surgery bro. unfortunately i had complications after the fact, i almost died in fact.
  18. New Member
    Hennie1981's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  231 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Age
    33
    Posts
    21
    Rep Power
    82
    Level
    4
    Lv. Percent
    24.1%

    Quote Originally Posted by dedlifter1 View Post
    I had that same surgery bro. unfortunately i had complications after the fact, i almost died in fact.
    you're joking right?
  19. Banned
    Iron Lungz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Age
    38
    Posts
    5,785
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    51
    Lv. Percent
    6.89%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by dedlifter1 View Post
    I had that same surgery bro. unfortunately i had complications after the fact, i almost died in fact.
    Tell us your story, man. I'm intersted in what happened to you; however, I understand it if you would rather not.
  20. New Member
    zacklewis's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  196 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Age
    28
    Posts
    124
    Rep Power
    135
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    99.24%

    Anonymous11 - That sounds horrendous to me.
  21. Advanced Member
    pumbertot's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    520
    Rep Power
    342
    Level
    19
    Lv. Percent
    22.48%

    Quote Originally Posted by zacklewis View Post
    Anonymous11 - That sounds horrendous to me.
    Why does it? Sounds like a perfectly straight forward minor surgical procedure to me. Yeah the odds of problems under a general are very small indeed, much safer than driving a car or crossing the street.

    My brother had this done under a general and also found the recovery to be pretty painfree. Depends on your pain threshold, some people will think this is the most painfull thing ever. Only if you doused them in petrol and lit them up would they realise what TRUE pain is.
  22. Senior Member
    dedlifter1's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Age
    35
    Posts
    1,633
    Rep Power
    899
    Level
    30
    Lv. Percent
    7.54%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Lungz View Post
    Tell us your story, man. I'm intersted in what happened to you; however, I understand it if you would rather not.
    Well, here goes

    I played around real young, ran cycles of andro and m1t when it very first came out. On top of those, I was poppin other pills like crazy. I was taking 4 sometimes 6 pills a day of the original m1t!! I had no idea about pct's or anything of the ill effects on my body. I figured, hey, if its legal, it must be safe right? Then i figured, hey, if 3 is goos, then 6 is better right? So right after i finished my andro and m1t, i ran a cycle of dbol and test, again, isaid right after m1t and andro. I started passing out randomly in the gym, I was a correction officer at the time, and i was fukcin enraged all the time. I was always sweating. About a year later i had full on D cups. I got my surgery about a year later, and when i woke up, i looked great!! THEN- two days later, my chest was swollen and filled with fluid, bigger than it was when I went in for the surgery. Little did I know but i had developed a hematoma and seroma on both sides.(that is blood and other fluids like puss ). My arrogant surgeon wouldnt see me, said that he didnt have time until end of week, and that my condition was normal. I could feel these weird lines running from my chest to my abdomen, on the inside. Apparently, the fluid was leaking into my abdomen. Two days later my stitches burst on a job site, and i dropped almost a pint and a half of blood on the floor. I was taken to the ER and my blood pressure was 79/25, which is dangerously low. So ended up ok, but i had to have slits cut into my chest on the sides with tubes hanging out for over a month. If my sutures hadnt burst outward, then the blood and puss would have leaked into my body more and could kill me. There you have it.
  23. Advanced Member
    Liquid13's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Age
    28
    Posts
    835
    Rep Power
    491
    Level
    22
    Lv. Percent
    66.67%

    Quote Originally Posted by dedlifter1 View Post
    Well, here goes

    I played around real young, ran cycles of andro and m1t when it very first came out. On top of those, I was poppin other pills like crazy. I was taking 4 sometimes 6 pills a day of the original m1t!! I had no idea about pct's or anything of the ill effects on my body. I figured, hey, if its legal, it must be safe right? Then i figured, hey, if 3 is goos, then 6 is better right? So right after i finished my andro and m1t, i ran a cycle of dbol and test, again, isaid right after m1t and andro. I started passing out randomly in the gym, I was a correction officer at the time, and i was fukcin enraged all the time. I was always sweating. About a year later i had full on D cups. I got my surgery about a year later, and when i woke up, i looked great!! THEN- two days later, my chest was swollen and filled with fluid, bigger than it was when I went in for the surgery. Little did I know but i had developed a hematoma and seroma on both sides.(that is blood and other fluids like puss ). My arrogant surgeon wouldnt see me, said that he didnt have time until end of week, and that my condition was normal. I could feel these weird lines running from my chest to my abdomen, on the inside. Apparently, the fluid was leaking into my abdomen. Two days later my stitches burst on a job site, and i dropped almost a pint and a half of blood on the floor. I was taken to the ER and my blood pressure was 79/25, which is dangerously low. So ended up ok, but i had to have slits cut into my chest on the sides with tubes hanging out for over a month. If my sutures hadnt burst outward, then the blood and puss would have leaked into my body more and could kill me. There you have it.
    Damn bro...... I bet you pay close attention to pct now. I'm sorry all that happened to you. And now you have exertion headaches too? The roll of the dice was not favorable.
  24. Senior Member
    dedlifter1's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Age
    35
    Posts
    1,633
    Rep Power
    899
    Level
    30
    Lv. Percent
    7.54%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Liquid13 View Post
    Damn bro...... I bet you pay close attention to pct now. I'm sorry all that happened to you. And now you have exertion headaches too? The roll of the dice was not favorable.
    thanx man, and yeah, my sh!t is ALWAYS dialed. I have learned alot tho, my whole family on my fathers side are huge and all competed. I got back in the gym today, went slow, felt good, no headache, so i was pretty happy about that.
  25. New Member
    MPFit's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  178 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Age
    30
    Posts
    428
    Rep Power
    328
    Level
    17
    Lv. Percent
    2.03%

    Great post dedlifter.. sorry to hear about your inconveneince..
    Also, that surgeon is a major punk- I'm pretty sure you have a basis for a lawsuit right there.. Either way, glad to hear you back in the gym and everything worked out for you.
  26. New Member
    CombatTested's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    72
    Rep Power
    105
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    5.17%

    anonymous11 did u try nolva or letro before the surjery or did u say screw it and just jump to it?
  27. Senior Member
    dedlifter1's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Age
    35
    Posts
    1,633
    Rep Power
    899
    Level
    30
    Lv. Percent
    7.54%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by MPFit View Post
    Great post dedlifter.. sorry to hear about your inconveneince..
    Also, that surgeon is a major punk- I'm pretty sure you have a basis for a lawsuit right there.. Either way, glad to hear you back in the gym and everything worked out for you.
    Thanx man. That horror story happened like 6-7 years ago or something like that. Whenever i read about some newb wanting to try this or that and they are real young and have no knowledge of the dangers i sit here at my computer and sigh. I had to learn the hard way, but it doesnt have to be that way.
  28. Diamond Member
    Trauma1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    35
    Posts
    15,424
    Rep Power
    57341
    Level
    72
    Lv. Percent
    77.59%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by dedlifter1 View Post
    Thanx man. That horror story happened like 6-7 years ago or something like that. Whenever i read about some newb wanting to try this or that and they are real young and have no knowledge of the dangers i sit here at my computer and sigh. I had to learn the hard way, but it doesnt have to be that way.
    That's quite a story, bro. People tend to think that elective plastic surgery is typicallysafe (and it usually is), however they still have significant risk factors involved like any other surgery. Post-op complications such as infection and hemorrhage are just a few of the potential complications.....not to mention the risks of going under general anesthesia alone.

    I'm glad to hear that all ended well, buddy. Your story definitely sheds some light in regard to the gross reality of the situation. Thanks for sharing my man. Surgery is surgery; complications are always a possibility.

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

  29. Advanced Member
    pumbertot's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    520
    Rep Power
    342
    Level
    19
    Lv. Percent
    22.48%

    Quote Originally Posted by dedlifter1 View Post
    Thanx man. That horror story happened like 6-7 years ago or something like that. Whenever i read about some newb wanting to try this or that and they are real young and have no knowledge of the dangers i sit here at my computer and sigh. I had to learn the hard way, but it doesnt have to be that way.
    Definitely feel for you and what you had to go through bro. But remember many dont develope gyno, or at least a severe case, and also your surgical issues arent very common.

    But the way you feel about newbs is justified, many are so ignorant of AAS use and dont inform themselves before going down that route. Very stupid.
  30. Senior Member
    dedlifter1's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Age
    35
    Posts
    1,633
    Rep Power
    899
    Level
    30
    Lv. Percent
    7.54%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by pumbertot View Post
    Definitely feel for you and what you had to go through bro. But remember many dont develope gyno, or at least a severe case, and also your surgical issues arent very common.

    But the way you feel about newbs is justified, many are so ignorant of AAS use and dont inform themselves before going down that route. Very stupid.
    Yeah, my scenario is atypical for sure. I just hope someone reads it and decides to get informed.
  31. New Member
    DT5's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    292
    Rep Power
    220
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    60.86%

    ive had 3 minor procedures all under local. i never had a gland, it was always just larger loose nipples that puffed out. it would have been easier if it was just a gland. they had to basically tighten and fix my nipple. much harder procedure and im still not 100% pleased.
  32. New Member
    Nuangee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    85
    Level
    2
    Lv. Percent
    54.5%

    hmmm...


    Does anyone know a way how to reduce pubertal gyno? I've read this thread, and this scares me. I don't have any lumps but the skin around my nipples and lower chest is soft, despite me being around 7-8% bf. Would letro, plus nolva help reduce this? Maybe a Same? I think it could have to do with prolactin levels although I'll have to get this checked up, but I read that prolactin does increase in some males due to various factors etc and diet, sleep (which I get very little of in uni) and stress levels can affect it.
    Again I'm not sure what the cause of it is (although I do notice that since increasing slightly in bf it has become more apparent) band I mean it isn't all that noticeable, just you can see the nipples protrude a little and through some tops, unless I tense...I just hate when I'm with my girl n I can't help but think she's thinkin "what the f***" because I have a hard body until she feels up around my chest.

    I don't want surgery but will resort to it if it's the only way, so for now, any supplemental alternatives would be great. So far I've got epidrol, 11oxo, activate extreme and am waiting to buy some letro and nolva. I do sports as well so I know I shouldn't be taking these but this I view as more important. If need be I will take some hardening AAS coz I heard Win can aid in reducing estrogen-al symptoms, If it doesn't aid then fine I won't but if it does then I don't care about liver toxicity etc, I'll stock up on protectants. I have no history with PH's, AAS, AI's, SAMe, SERMs but if they are my route for gyno eradication then fire away with any supplements you can recommend.
  33. New Member
    jaksalexa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    66
    Level
    1
    Lv. Percent
    7%

    The Ashley Centre, Burke Rd Malvern has the most experienced practitioners in the state, & most current state of the art IPL machines available in AUS!
    Ask for Dr Jennifer Wilson, she is brilliant!
  34. New Member
    sarah11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    66
    Level
    1
    Lv. Percent
    7%

    My relationship with Dr. Ashley Granotís office staff has been longstanding.* The staff is friendly, supportive and accommodating.* I had spoken with him about liposuction, and* he explained thoroughly the technique used and the potential risk.* The surgical procedure was uneventful. I was comfortable and remember nothing of the actual procedure. The recovery period was a "piece of cake."
    Although I had been told not to expect to see results immediately, I noticed results within 10 days. My clothes fit ó most were loose. I loved the results. My only regret is that I didnít do it sooner.
  35. NutraPlanet Rep
    MrBigPR's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    7,619
    Rep Power
    5556
    Level
    56
    Lv. Percent
    87.67%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by sarah11 View Post
    My relationship with Dr. Ashley Granotís office staff has been longstanding.* The staff is friendly, supportive and accommodating.* I had spoken with him about liposuction, and* he explained thoroughly the technique used and the potential risk.* The surgical procedure was uneventful. I was comfortable and remember nothing of the actual procedure. The recovery period was a "piece of cake."
    Although I had been told not to expect to see results immediately, I noticed results within 10 days. My clothes fit ó most were loose. I loved the results. My only regret is that I didnít do it sooner.
    spam
    Nutraplanet Representative
    PM me with any order questions and concerns
  36. Senior Member
    dedlifter1's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Age
    35
    Posts
    1,633
    Rep Power
    899
    Level
    30
    Lv. Percent
    7.54%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by sarah11 View Post
    My relationship with Dr. Ashley Granotís office staff has been longstanding.* The staff is friendly, supportive and accommodating.* I had spoken with him about liposuction, and* he explained thoroughly the technique used and the potential risk.* The surgical procedure was uneventful. I was comfortable and remember nothing of the actual procedure. The recovery period was a "piece of cake."
    Although I had been told not to expect to see results immediately, I noticed results within 10 days. My clothes fit ó most were loose. I loved the results. My only regret is that I didnít do it sooner.
    huh???
  37. New Member
    anonymous115's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    65
    Level
    1
    Lv. Percent
    7%

    The most difficult part of this was editing my thoughts down to something of reasonable length. I have too many glowing words about Dr. Ashley Granot, his staff, and my experience.
    Prior to meeting with Dr. Ashley Granot, I was able to interact with members of his staff. They were all enthusiastic and informative. Each of them had been with Dr. Ashley Granot for several years. I sensed stability and professionalism just moments into my first visit. All of my questions were answered. Each of my concerns were treated with respect. The Ashley Centre office is managed with efficiency and warmth. Every step of my procedure was outlined clearly for me. I think, having thorough explanations helps with the pain management and erases middle-of-the-night fears.
    My surgery was almost a year ago. I am delighted with the results! Each of my follow-up visits has been much like going back to visit friends who are as excited as I am. I can truly say that this is one of the best gifts I could have given myself. Thank you, Ashley Centre
  38. New Member
    bkoguy07's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Age
    25
    Posts
    441
    Rep Power
    316
    Level
    18
    Lv. Percent
    34.65%

    These are turning into like ads or some ****
    Bench - 355
    Squat - 405
    Deadlift - 600
  39. New Member
    akexjakson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    65
    Level
    1
    Lv. Percent
    7%

    Hey guys,

    Today I had my gyno surgery. I finally stepped up to the plate and did it. This is my story about how it went.

    I have had this gyno since I first hit puberty. I was always pretty skinny buy I had a pointy chest, this stopped me from going to the beach with my shirt off when I got a little older, I never went to the pools etc. It really bothered me. I thought at first I must have had fat around my chest because I was just unlucky and this is where my fat was stored. I started working out when I was around 22 and went to the gym 5 days a week. I toned up and got to be very skinny but the fat around my chest never seemed to get any lower. I searched on Google and came across many sites and that’s when I first thought that I might have had gyno. I didn’t do anything about it until I was 24 because I was scared of going under the knife. Well finally I decided that something had to be done.

    I started searching the net for surgeons who could do the surgery and ended up deciding to use Dr. Ashley Granot from the Ashley Centre in Melbourne. I went to see him for a consultation and had all the blood tests. It turns out that all my blood work was perfectly normal for a guy my age. They didn’t have a reason why I had gyno; it was just one of those things. Anyway the surgery set me back $4500 all up including EVERYTHING.

    On the day that I was going into surgery I wasn’t allowed to eat anything for 6 hours before operation. I went in and I was nervous as anything. They got me to strip down into a surgical gown and the nurse gave me an intramuscular injection into my glute, it was pain killer and relaxants. I thought it was going to hurt but it didn’t hurt that much at all. After that another nurse put a drip into my arm, I thought it was going to hurt again, but it didn’t, they put heaps of saline into the drip.

    After about 15 minutes of waiting for the drugs to kick in the doctor came into the room and cut an incision into my armpit. He inserted a clear plastic tube into the incision and started to pump me full of muscle relaxants, pain killer and something to dilute the fat. He put about 800mls into my chest. After that we waited another 15 minutes for the pain killer and fat diluting solution to start working. The inserting of the clear plastic tube was the most painful part of the surgery. I think painful is a bit harsh of a word. I would say it was VERY uncomfortable. As he was pushing in the tube I could feel the fat ripping away from the muscle below it.

    After that he got the liposuction canula and started sucking out the fat. This took a fair while and didn’t hurt for the most part. A few times he hit a hard part of fat which would hurt very slightly but it was bearable. When he finished sucking out all the fat there was still a bit of breast tissue which he could not get out through the canula because it was too hard. So he made an incision around my nipple and pulled it out with some tweezer looking things and he just cut it. This was uncomfortable as I could feel the tissues being ripped out of my chest. But it didn’t hurt. After this was done he sewed me up and I could sit up and put on my compression vest.

    Throughout the entire procedure I was awake and could see what was going on. I was sedated but not fully knocked out. The doctor said he did not want to give me general anesthetic and knock me out fully because that was too risky for a minor procedure. He said something like 1 in 10,000 people die from an allergic reaction to general anesthetic or something like that. Plus I wanted to be awake because I didn’t want anything to stuff up and I had heard some horror stories about doctors cutting out chest muscles and stuff like that. I was talking throughout the whole procedure, probably a lot of jibberish cause of all the relaxants but yea.

    All in all I am happy that I finally have my gyno gone and I have a flat chest. I only did the surgery this morning and I am already up and about. It doesn’t hurt much at all, it just feels like a really hard gym workout session and I can’t lift my arms over my head. Other than that I got some pain killers but I don’t even need them. If you are thinking about doing this, just DO IT. Don’t be scared of the surgery it’s not that bad.

    If you have any questions ill be happy to answer them. Tomorrow I have to go back to the surgery for a post op check up.

    My chest is FLAT!!!!!!!


    Hope I have helped someone out there!
  40. New Member
    scorp69's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  194 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    49
    Rep Power
    88
    Level
    6
    Lv. Percent
    49.71%

    in my teens, i noticied i had puppy nipples. i was as skinny as can be. i eventually had surgery because i told my mom about it. not sure how much of the gland was removed. my areola is small and my nipple is tiny, but it sometimes can be seen through shirts, kinda like its hard. no issues at all. i took 1ad, 4ad and 19nor in 03, didn't so a pct and didn't have issues with shutdown, libido, or gyno. i'm on 11 oxo now.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Gyno surgery.
    By EddyRay in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-08-2011, 07:02 PM
  2. Gyno Surgery
    By swangswang in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 09-18-2009, 08:33 PM
  3. gyno surgery
    By dice404 in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-13-2007, 06:27 PM
  4. After Gyno Surgery?
    By NeverNuff in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 01-02-2007, 05:44 PM
  5. Gyno surgery
    By mike3107 in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-03-2006, 12:44 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in