Aromatherapy in Testosterone Stimulation

SupFatHead

Certified Travis
Awards
I thought this might be appropriate in this forum. :box:

Aromatherapy in Testosterone Stimulation

By Eric M. Potratz

We all know that Testosterone is the king of building a lean physique, giving us sexual desire, and making us real men. When you think about boosting testosterone, you probably think about supplements with Tribulus, Fadogia, or Tongkat. However, I’m about to present to you a long forgotten practice for manipulating your hormones. This method has been clinically practiced in Europe for ages and is now hitting the bodybuilding community as a new method for testosterone stimulation – Aromatherapy.

Aromatherapy has been practiced for hundreds of years, and has been used to treat all kinds of infections, disorders, and ailments. But instead of exploring the long history and medicinal use of essential oils (which would take years to learn, and probably make you fall asleep), I’m going to give you a sneak peek on how these oils can be useful for an athlete or bodybuilder looking to enhance their well being, virility and testosterone production.

In a nutshell, aromatherapy is the inhalation of essential oils distilled from plants. What is special about these essential oils is that they are volatile, which means they rapidly evaporate and travel into the body by the lungs and nasal cavity. Since the oils are inhaled, they produce a very quick and powerful effect on the body. What’s most exciting is that there are hundreds of different oils from different plants that have an array of biological influence on the body. With proper knowledge and experience, different volatile oils can be combined for a unique effect. (Keep in mind, these volatile oils are very powerful and can be flat-out dangerous if used incorrectly, so please do NOT start inhaling your grandma’s collection of volatile oils!)

The basic action of aromatherapy is smelling certain aromas to stimulate certain physiological processes in your body. Aromatherapy probably isn’t the first thing that comes to mind when you think of boosting testosterone, or enhancing sexual performance. That’s because the practice of using aromatherapy for enhancing male virility is a relatively new practice not yet acknowledged by mainstream Western medicine. Perhaps the reason for this is the complex, and almost mysterious mechanism, by which volatile oils exert their action. However, research is beginning to uncover a bit of the mystery. For instance, studies done in Europe have shown that inhaling certain essential oils (such as Clary sage) will oxygenate and stimulate the brain to release LH (luteinizing hormone) for testosterone production. That’s right; volatile oils are drawn up into the nasal cavity, carried through the nasal mucosa, and taken directly to the hypothalamus and pituitary for instant stimulation of the gonadotropes. Further in-vitro research has lead researchers to believe that one of the primary mechanisms for stimulation and release of LH is caused by up-regulation of cAMP (Cyclic adenosine monophosphate) in the pituitary.

Aromatherapists well versed in the practice have used a variety of volatile oils to enhance male sexual energy & fertility. Aphrodisiac combinations often include sandalwood, rose, geranium, ginger, ylang ylang, and patchouli volatile oils. An interesting property of the sandalwood essential oil is ability to sexually excite a female partner due to its close resemblance to the male pheromone androsterone. Many of these aphrodisiac oils are also combined with citrus based oils to uplift the mood and social confidence (an interesting practice found in aroma-psychotherapy). These are the same powerful tools that have been used in women to encourage pregnancy, and have even been used in place of prescription drugs such as Clomid for inducing fertility (you guys can make your own implications here).

Now you’re probably wondering, “how do I use these essential oils and how much will it boost my Testosterone?”

Well the answer to that is not so simple, yet. You see, there is no clinically proven universal “dose of smell” that has been established to produce a certain increase in testosterone production. Aromatherapy is a circumstantial practice, where the effectiveness is influenced by many factors. For instance, the effectiveness of essential oils has a lot to do with the quality of the oil. Unfortunately, a lot of the oils on the market are low grade oils contaminated with harsh solvents that may cause adverse side-effects upon over exposure. Even if you find quality oils, overexposure is still a common problem that will easily cause dizziness and/or nausea.

For application, essential oils are either directly inhaled or diluted and messaged into the body as an oil or lotion (such as with Sustain Alpha). If you decide to experiment on your own with volatile oils, it’s important to take precaution by limiting the amount of exposure to these oils. For example, take a brief whiff of an oil and wait about 20 minutes before trying another. This way you can put each oil through the test, and narrow down a specific oil and/or combination that contributes to a desired effect. If applying the oils to the skin, remember to dilute them prior to application with a carrier such as almond oil or olive oil (5-10 drops per 1 oz of oil).

Have fun and remember, nothing kills a bird like a stone.

----
Eric M. Potratz has developed his education in the field of endocrinology and performance enhancement through years of research, counseling, and real world experience. Over the past five years he has been a private consultant for hundreds of athletes and bodybuilders alike, and is the founder & President of Primordial Performance. Recently, Primordial Performance has released the testosterone booster Sustain Alpha as their first product enhanced with aromatherapy.

Eric Potratz

Eric Potratz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the post up...

Did you pull this from the steroid.com NL?

-Pp

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks for the post up...

Did you pull this from the steroid.com NL?

-Pp
I've been asking this question for days now with no clear feedback. If I suspend some of my bulk powders (testofen, divanil, icariin, muira pauma) in an extra virgin olive oil solution, will it improve the efficacy and bio-availability of these compounds? If not, I'll just keep chasing them down with water. Thanks for your help. I just keep seeing more products coming out with new liquid delivery systems and wonder if they're better this way!!

Eric Potratz

Eric Potratz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I've been asking this question for days now with no clear feedback. If I suspend some of my bulk powders (testofen, divanil, icariin, muira pauma) in an extra virgin olive oil solution, will it improve the efficacy and bio-availability of these compounds? If not, I'll just keep chasing them down with water. Thanks for your help. I just keep seeing more products coming out with new liquid delivery systems and wonder if they're better this way!!
Suspending your ingredients in oil wouldn’t provide anymore benefit that just taking your powders with some kind of oily food.

If you want to enhance delivery then you need to solvate your actives. Try alcohol, PEG, Propylene glycol, possibly in a glycerin base.

-Pp

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Suspending your ingredients in oil wouldn’t provide anymore benefit that just taking your powders with some kind of oily food.

If you want to enhance delivery then you need to solvate your actives. Try alcohol, PEG, Propylene glycol, possibly in a glycerin base.

-Pp
What kind of alcohol do you suggest? The ol' everclear 190 proof? PGA!! And, could you give me an example of a glycerin base to use? I really appreciate all of your help!!

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Good read. I have been slowly gaining appreciation for essential oils lately and have realized just how powerful some of them are.

For instance Myrrh oil appears to have some pretty potent anti-inflammatory properties. I have used a drop or two directly in the skin around my neck (super sensitive area so be careful..Myrrh generally won't burn but other oils will so dilute) and within an hour it opens my sinuses 100%. I use this little trick so I can sleep deeper and not have apnea or mouth breathing issues at night.

Myrrh is also the best treatment for severe hemorrhoids I have ever seen. Without going into graphic detail..the "sufferer" we will call her, had been unresponsive to every OTC hemorrhoid treatment and also several corticosteroid prescription treatments. Myrrh oil took care of the problem in just a few days.

I have some Clary Sage..might have to try this and see if it does anything.

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

-Pp
I sincerely do want to improve the delivery of my testofen powder (80 grams) that's arriving tomorrow. How much alcohol(PGA), and PEG do I need to mix my testofen into before I add it all to my olive oil suspension. Also how much olive oil would you recommend for the whole 80 grams worth of testofen powder? I really appreciate all of your help here!!!

Eric Potratz

Eric Potratz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I sincerely do want to improve the delivery of my testofen powder (80 grams) that's arriving tomorrow. How much alcohol(PGA), and PEG do I need to mix my testofen into before I add it all to my olive oil suspension. Also how much olive oil would you recommend for the whole 80 grams worth of testofen powder? I really appreciate all of your help here!!!
Skip the olive oil... it won’t do anything to enhance the uptake, and it certainly won’t make it taste any better.

To keep things simple you could just make a tincture and put your ingredients in high proof alcohol and blend for several mins. Anything else you add would be for flavoring. You will have to do some experimenting here. (75-150mg/ml would be a good concentration)

Bioman,

You may find eucalyptus excellent for you sinuses too. The Clary sage can have a sedative action, so it might be something to try before bed.

-Pp

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
Ok so what oils for boosting test should I experiment with and what doses?

Come on Pp!!! :)

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Skip the olive oil... it won’t do anything to enhance the uptake, and it certainly won’t make it taste any better.

To keep things simple you could just make a tincture and put your ingredients in high proof alcohol and blend for several mins. Anything else you add would be for flavoring. You will have to do some experimenting here. (75-150mg/ml would be a good concentration)
One last question Pp-- Do you think 500 ml. (1 pint) of everclear will be enough to put the whole 80 grams of testofen into? It will yeild 160 mg. per 1 ml. You said I could go up to 150 mg. per ml. Will this work? Thanks again. You're the best!!!

-
Okay, I don't mean to wear you out with alot of questions, but here's one more. If I mix the 80 grams of testofen with 500 ml. of everclear(PGA) that would yeild about 160 mg. per ml. Does this sound right to you? And then, you just measure it out and drink it,right? Thanks!!!

Eric Potratz

Eric Potratz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Okay, I don't mean to wear you out with alot of questions, but here's one more. If I mix the 80 grams of testofen with 500 ml. of everclear(PGA) that would yeild about 160 mg. per ml. Does this sound right to you? And then, you just measure it out and drink it,right? Thanks!!!
Yep... but prepare for the worst tasting stuff ever. (this is where the glycerol comes in to help sweeten it)

Neo,

Let us take care of the test boosting essential oils. Sustain has a perfect mix... and now as of the most recent batch smells better than ever. ;-)

-Eric

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yep... but prepare for the worst tasting stuff ever. (this is where the glycerol comes in to help sweeten it)

Pp---This is the way I'll go then. Thank you ever so much for all of your kind co-operation!!! Best of luck to you in all future endeavors!!!

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
Neo,

Let us take care of the test boosting essential oils. Sustain has a perfect mix... and now as of the most recent batch smells better than ever. ;-)

-Eric
Don't make me go Pubmed on yo a$$!:bruce2:

I am having to research this for fun as I wanna fuzz around with essential oils :) me like. I'm gonna mix me a batch of test boosting / female attracting wild man sh!t

:toofunny:

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

One last question Pp-- Do you think 500 ml. (1 pint) of everclear will be enough to put the whole 80 grams of testofen into? It will yeild 160 mg. per 1 ml. You said I could go up to 150 mg. per ml. Will this work? Thanks again. You're the best!!!

-

Eric Potratz

Eric Potratz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established

-
If you go that high it might clump up... in which you would have to add something to dilute/thin it down.

-Pp

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have a good 30 different essential oils here.
  • Lavender
  • Tea Tree
  • Peppermint
  • Ylang-Ylang
  • Eucalyptus
  • Orange
  • Ginger
  • Lemon
  • Clove
  • Lemongrass
  • Geranium
  • Cedarwood
  • Palmarosa
  • Niaouli
  • Citronella
  • Basil
  • Tangerine
  • Cinnamon
  • Lime
  • Spearmint
  • Wintergreen
  • Birch
  • Cajeput
  • Fir Needle
  • Litsea
  • Patchouli
  • Camphor
  • Anise
  • Spruce
  • Petitgrain
my wife and daughter were on a soap making kick for a while. I probably should experiment more with them :)

Eric Potratz

Eric Potratz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I have a good 30 different essential oils here.
  • Lavender
  • Tea Tree
  • Peppermint
  • Ylang-Ylang
  • Eucalyptus
  • Orange
  • Ginger
  • Lemon
  • Clove
  • Lemongrass
  • Geranium
  • Cedarwood
  • Palmarosa
  • Niaouli
  • Citronella
  • Basil
  • Tangerine
  • Cinnamon
  • Lime
  • Spearmint
  • Wintergreen
  • Birch
  • Cajeput
  • Fir Needle
  • Litsea
  • Patchouli
  • Camphor
  • Anise
  • Spruce
  • Petitgrain
my wife and daughter were on a soap making kick for a while. I probably should experiment more with them :)
Lol... just stay away from the top two. They have gyno written all over em.

-Pp

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
No oil bro... more like glycerol, PG, PEG something along those lines...

-Pp
Thanks alot Pp--- I've already made some up using 650 ml. of PGA. You said the 500 ml would be using too little and I might get clumping. So I bought a 750 ml bottle and poured out 100 ml of it. I added my 80 grams of testofen and it is hard to get it all to dissolve. I'm shaking the he** out of. But there's still a little undissolved on the bottom. Not much mind you, but I don't want to waste any. Would giving it a hot water bath help the bottom part dissolve? Thanks again!

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks alot Pp--- I've already made some up using 650 ml. of PGA. You said the 500 ml would be using too little and I might get clumping. So I bought a 750 ml bottle and poured out 100 ml of it. I added my 80 grams of testofen and it is hard to get it all to dissolve. I'm shaking the he** out of. But there's still a little undissolved on the bottom. Not much mind you, but I don't want to waste any. Would giving it a hot water bath help the bottom part dissolve? Thanks again!
Okay, SOMEBODY HELP!!!! I put all 80 grams of my testofen in a cold bottle of everclear, thinking it would dissolve all nice and easy. WRONG! It clumped up on the bottom. I shook the hades out of it for awhile to no avail. Now, I've tried the hot water bath, and it's turned gooey on the bottom. I'm shaking and heating my arse off!! Someone help. IDEAS?!!

Eric Potratz

Eric Potratz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Okay, SOMEBODY HELP!!!! I put all 80 grams of my testofen in a cold bottle of everclear, thinking it would dissolve all nice and easy. WRONG! It clumped up on the bottom. I shook the hades out of it for awhile to no avail. Now, I've tried the hot water bath, and it's turned gooey on the bottom. I'm shaking and heating my arse off!! Someone help. IDEAS?!!
Throw it in a high speed blender, and mix it till it gets warm. (5-10 mins)

What concentration are you at right now? It still may need a little PG or something for dilution.

-Pp

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Throw it in a high speed blender, and mix it till it gets warm. (5-10 mins)

What concentration are you at right now? It still may need a little PG or something for dilution.

-Pp
There is only a small amount of goo on the bottom of the 750 ml. everclear bottle. It's MY mistake. I remember you said to throw it in a blender for a few minutes on a prior quote. I've put it in a hot water bath a few times and now, like I said, there's just a little undissolved goo on the bottom. My plight is how to get it out of the liquor bottle to put it in a blender? Any ideas? I tried stirring it up with a straightened out clothes hanger, but not good enough. I don't want any of it wasted. What about one of those hand-held small blenders to put down into it to blend it? I don't have one, so what do you suggest from here? Thanks again for all of your kind assistance!

Eric Potratz

Eric Potratz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
There is only a small amount of goo on the bottom of the 750 ml. everclear bottle. It's MY mistake. I remember you said to throw it in a blender for a few minutes on a prior quote. I've put it in a hot water bath a few times and now, like I said, there's just a little undissolved goo on the bottom. My plight is how to get it out of the liquor bottle to put it in a blender? Any ideas? I tried stirring it up with a straightened out clothes hanger, but not good enough. I don't want any of it wasted. What about one of those hand-held small blenders to put down into it to blend it? I don't have one, so what do you suggest from here? Thanks again for all of your kind assistance!

Cant you just pour a little out and then shake the bottle till the stuff comes apart? You might need to add a little more alcohol to help it disolve..

-Pp

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Cant you just pour a little out and then shake the bottle till the stuff comes apart? You might need to add a little more alcohol to help it disolve..

-Pp
Pp--- Yeah, I already did that. I poured it all in my blender and blended on high for 10 minutes. While I was doing this, I heated the liquor bottle in a hot water bath to try and dissolve the rest of the goo. I didn't get it all dissolved, but I'd say at least 90% is in solution now. If this alcohol solution doesn't yeild better absorption and results, then next time I'm just going to take a quarter of a teaspoon of powder and swallow it. This stuff tastes like maple syrup anyway. Is the alcohol blend so much better?

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

-Pp
I still can't get it all to dissolve! The goo reappears after it cools down from blending or a hot water bath. It's like a carmel consistency coating the sides and bottom of the bottle. I've probably only gotten 80% of it into real solution. I have shaken the living Hades out of this bottle. Am I going to have give this bugger a hot waterbath 3 times everyday or just forget about the carmel coated bottle and use it cold? Like I said, it's probably 80% soluted. I'm taking 1200 mg. per day to make up for any weakness of the mixing problem. Are alcohol solutions that much better than just swallowing the powder instead? HELP!!!

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
:goodpost:

Sometimes it's just easier to buy the product :toofunny:

:ntome:

Much Love,

Neoborn

P.s don't give up you could make strides to help others here :)

Eric Potratz

Eric Potratz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I still can't get it all to dissolve! The goo reappears after it cools down from blending or a hot water bath. It's like a carmel consistency coating the sides and bottom of the bottle. I've probably only gotten 80% of it into real solution. I have shaken the living Hades out of this bottle. Am I going to have give this bugger a hot waterbath 3 times everyday or just forget about the carmel coated bottle and use it cold? Like I said, it's probably 80% soluted. I'm taking 1200 mg. per day to make up for any weakness of the mixing problem. Are alcohol solutions that much better than just swallowing the powder instead? HELP!!!
This is why I suggested using a thicker solvent too, so any elements that go undissolved would at least stay suspended in the liquid. Do you have any glycerol to add?

It’s going to absorb better than taking the powder, just like a tincture is more potent than a capsule in regards to herbal therapy.

-Pp

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
:goodpost:

Sometimes it's just easier to buy the product :toofunny:

:ntome:

Much Love,

Neoborn

P.s don't give up you could make strides to help others here :)
Thanks Neoborn. Your advice on formestane has helped me make great strides in the past month. I had never tried it before. I didn't know what I was missing! Powerful concoction. Yeah, I should have just bought the stuff instead of trying to make my own. I'm just cheap. If I would have blended it up all before putting the testofen in the cold liquor bottle, I would have been fine. I know what to do next time!

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'm using sustain alpha. Do you think applying a small amount under my nose later in the day would help boost test levels even higher?

Eric Potratz

Eric Potratz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I'm using sustain alpha. Do you think applying a small amount under my nose later in the day would help boost test levels even higher?
Your getting the inhalation for the first 20-30 mins and then a slow release as it absorbs through the skin. Really no need for more than this and it may just be overkill.

-Pp

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

-Pp
Pp--- I'm still a little worried about my carmel coated bottle of PGA and testofen mix. I only used 650 ml. of 190 proof instead of the whole 750 ml. I knew I had to have room in the bottle for the testofen powder. I know this is where I went wrong. I should have poured the liquor into my blender, turned it on, and slowly added my powder into the top of the blender and blended on high for about 12 minutes. I know this much now. So, I know how I'll do it next time. But, with my present bottle, how much more PGA would I have to add to it to help dissolve this stuff? And how many ml. of PGA should I use on my next batch of 80 grams of testofen. Should I use 1 whole liter? I won't bother you with any more questions after this one. You have been so helpful, I truly appreciate all!

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i'm considering looking for glycol and trying it myself :) I may just buy phytotest instead tho. seems like it would be easier.

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i'm considering looking for glycol and trying it myself :) I may just buy phytotest instead tho. seems like it would be easier.
I know that you probably know this easy, but you can find the glycol at lemelange.com.

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well you not asking questions doesn't help anyone here. How about you get this process down and then do a

1. do this
2. then do this

type guide in here so people can follow in your footsteps if they want to try this?

..... Learn ...... Teach ...... Lead ......
Thanks again Neoborn for your support and advice. You have been a big influence and help to me for a few months now since I started reading these threads. Thanks!!

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
EasyEJL--- I found some propylene glycol at an unreal price, but it says it is for cigar humidifiers. Is this the same stuff people use to make oral solutions with or is it different? I've seen where the stuff is used in alot of ways including making anti-freeze.Just wondering if this cigar stuff is okay to use?

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
No oil bro... more like glycerol, PG, PEG something along those lines...

-Pp
Pp---This time around I'm going to add the propylene glycol. Do I still use the same procedure? Put alcohol and PG into blender,let blend a couple of minutes to get it warm and slowly start adding my testofen powder and blend on high for 10 minutes? I'll be using 80 grams of testofen powder, so how much everclear and PG are needed. Also I found some propylene glycol at a really good price but the site says it is for cigar humidifiers. Is this the right stuff? Thanks!!!

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I wouldn't risk it unless it specifies it is for ingestion. I think its not ingestible.

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I wouldn't risk it unless it specifies it is for ingestion. I think its not ingestible.
Appreciate it Easy. I was going to order from lemelange.com for the right stuff but they are out right now. Guess I'll wait. Thanks!

Eric Potratz

Eric Potratz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Pp---This time around I'm going to add the propylene glycol. Do I still use the same procedure? Put alcohol and PG into blender,let blend a couple of minutes to get it warm and slowly start adding my testofen powder and blend on high for 10 minutes? I'll be using 80 grams of testofen powder, so how much everclear and PG are needed. Also I found some propylene glycol at a really good price but the site says it is for cigar humidifiers. Is this the right stuff? Thanks!!!
I’ve never done just PG/alcohol/testofen so I don’t know how high of a concentration go can go to. You will have to do a little experimenting. You might be able to push it as high as 200mg/ml if you wanted, but I’d start at 100mg/ml and work your way up.

Be careful on the really cheap cigar grade PG. It might be cheap because it’s a low purity with other undesirable solvents and compounds. Get the food/technical grade from lemelange.com

-Pp

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I’ve never done just PG/alcohol/testofen so I don’t know how high of a concentration go can go to. You will have to do a little experimenting. You might be able to push it as high as 200mg/ml if you wanted, but I’d start at 100mg/ml and work your way up.

Be careful on the really cheap cigar grade PG. It might be cheap because it’s a low purity with other undesirable solvents and compounds. Get the food/technical grade from lemelange.com

-Pp
Thanks Pp--- I was going to order from lemelange.com but they were out right now. I'll wait on them for the right(USP) stuff. Thanks again!!!