Toco-8

noconviction

Awards
I just got my order and the serving size is one scoop, but I did not get any scooper. What does one scoop translate to in terms of teaspoons?

jasonschaffin

Awards
  • Established
Was just about to post this as I got the same thing.

jasonschaffin

Awards
  • Established
Bump, want to start this today how much do I take?

Eric Potratz

Eric Potratz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I just got my order and the serving size is one scoop, but I did not get any scooper. What does one scoop translate to in terms of teaspoons?
A packed and leveled ¼ teaspoon is the dose. (twice a day for the clinically effective hair loss dose)

You guys should have gotten spoons… are you sure it wasn’t buried in the powder?

-Pp

jasonschaffin

Awards
  • Established
searched through twice, never found anything

jasonschaffin

Awards
  • Established
Its not a big deal, everyone has a 1/4tsp or ten lying around.

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
Glad this thread is here, didnt get a scoop either... After popping all the bubble wrap couldnt find one, lol.

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
I got a scoop buried deep. At the top would save on wasted powder or even glue it to the outside of it.

much love,

Neoborn

wojo

wojo

Awards
  • Established
i may try this out on my dad as his hair is thinning ,but i think i am going to cap it anyway because there is no way i can get him to drink this..stubborn as hell

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
Is it not tasty? I thought it was quite pleasant like a fruity drink :D

wojo

wojo

Awards
  • Established
nah my dad is a pain.lol he is very stubborn very old school, set in his ways..i figure i can dump the whole container into 50 000 caps.that will cut it done to a 25 day supply but the convenience for me trying to get hm to take it will be priceless..lol

Eric Potratz

Eric Potratz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
nah my dad is a pain.lol he is very stubborn very old school, set in his ways..i figure i can dump the whole container into 50 000 caps.that will cut it done to a 25 day supply but the convenience for me trying to get hm to take it will be priceless..lol
Just dump the can of Toco into his gal of orange juice... he wont even know the difference.

;-)

-Pp

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Any effects on endo-DHT levels here? DHT obviously has many benefits in men (when normal limits)

Eric Potratz

Eric Potratz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Any effects on endo-DHT levels here? DHT obviously has many benefits in men (when normal limits)
I dont believe Toco has any effect on DHT levels, but perhaps it makes the hair follicles more resistant to DHT related fallout since it did improve conditions in all individuals.

-Pp

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thank you. Can you point me in the right direction for mechanism of action? curious as to how this stuff "works" before I spend hard earned money

Eric Potratz

Eric Potratz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Thank you. Can you point me in the right direction for mechanism of action? curious as to how this stuff "works" before I spend hard earned money

Check out the product write up -

The mechanism of action is likely a protective anti-oxidant effect on the hair follicle.

-Pp

Riquee

Riquee

Awards
  • Established

Congrats with the new products PP:clap2:

I have a question about Toco-8.. What are the differences between your toco-8 and Now foods ' products?

They have similar products:

**Tru-E Bio complex..**

Supplement Facts
Amount Per Serving % Daily Value
Sterol Complex (from Tocomin) 580 mcg †
Mixed Natural Tocopherols (Natural Complex)

(from Identity Preserved (IP), Non-GMO TocovetTM )200 IU 670%
Vitamin E (as Natural d-alpha Tocopherol)

Servings Per Container: 60

Serving Size: 1 Softgel

Plant Squalene (Palm) (from Tocomin) 1.5 mg †
Beta Tocotrienol (1 mg)]

Delta Tocotrienol (23 mg), Alpha Tocotrienol (3 mg),

Typical Distribution: Gamma Tocotrienol (6 mg),

Mixed Natural Tocotrienols 33 mg †
Beta Tocopherol (2 mg)]

Alpha Tocopherol (135 mg),

Delta Tocopherol (104 mg),

Gamma Tocopherol (200 mg),

Typical Distribution:

(from Identity Preserved (IP), Non-GMO TocovetTM )441 mg †
(from Non-GMO DeltaGold Annatto Tocotrienols and Non-GMO Tocomin

Full Spectrum Mixed Palm Tocotrienol Complex)

and **Tocotrienols & E Complex**

Supplement Facts for Tocotrienols & E Complex, 60 Softgels
Amount %DV

Vitamin E (as d-alpha tocopherol) 210 IU 700%
Selenium (as Selenomethionine) 70 mcg 100%
Alpha Tocotrienol 12 mg †
Gamma Tocotrienol 12 mg †
Oryza Oil Concentrate (from Rice Bran) 170 mg †
(containing 24 mg of Total Rice Tocotrienols)

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
Bold >= Yelling

Caps = Yelling

Bold = Em pha siz!

Eric Potratz

Eric Potratz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established

Congrats with the new products PP:clap2:

I have a question about Toco-8.. What are the differences between your toco-8 and Now foods ' products?

They have similar products:

**Tru-E Bio complex..**

Supplement Facts
Amount Per Serving % Daily Value
Sterol Complex (from Tocomin) 580 mcg †
Mixed Natural Tocopherols (Natural Complex)

(from Identity Preserved (IP), Non-GMO TocovetTM )200 IU 670%
Vitamin E (as Natural d-alpha Tocopherol)

Servings Per Container: 60

Serving Size: 1 Softgel

Plant Squalene (Palm) (from Tocomin) 1.5 mg †
Beta Tocotrienol (1 mg)]

Delta Tocotrienol (23 mg), Alpha Tocotrienol (3 mg),

Typical Distribution: Gamma Tocotrienol (6 mg),

Mixed Natural Tocotrienols 33 mg †
Beta Tocopherol (2 mg)]

Alpha Tocopherol (135 mg),

Delta Tocopherol (104 mg),

Gamma Tocopherol (200 mg),

Typical Distribution:

(from Identity Preserved (IP), Non-GMO TocovetTM )441 mg †
(from Non-GMO DeltaGold Annatto Tocotrienols and Non-GMO Tocomin

Full Spectrum Mixed Palm Tocotrienol Complex)

and **Tocotrienols & E Complex**

Supplement Facts for Tocotrienols & E Complex, 60 Softgels
Amount %DV

Vitamin E (as d-alpha tocopherol) 210 IU 700%
Selenium (as Selenomethionine) 70 mcg 100%
Alpha Tocotrienol 12 mg †
Gamma Tocotrienol 12 mg †
Oryza Oil Concentrate (from Rice Bran) 170 mg †
(containing 24 mg of Total Rice Tocotrienols)

Most other tocotrienol supplements on the market (including the one you above) use the same "Tocomax" tocotrienol source, so you get the same tocotrienol/tocopherol ratio.

I think we have a real competitive price per mg though compared to the competitors. Plus our stuff is by far the freshest mix on the market. The process of soft gelling requires quite a bit of heat which likely degrades a good portion of the heat sensitive tocotrienols. Ours is a powder shipped stait in from the manufacturer on a monthly basis, packed right in our own facility and kept refrigerated during storage.

-Pp

Riquee

Riquee

Awards
  • Established
Most other tocotrienol supplements on the market (including the one you above) use the same "Tocomax" tocotrienol source, so you get the same tocotrienol/tocopherol ratio.

I think we have a real competitive price per mg though compared to the competitors. Plus our stuff is by far the freshest mix on the market. The process of soft gelling requires quite a bit of heat which likely degrades a good portion of the heat sensitive tocotrienols. Ours is a powder shipped stait in from the manufacturer on a monthly basis, packed right in our own facility and kept refrigerated during storage.

-Pp
Sounds good to me :=) thx for the info..how long does this stay at the "freshest"..closed I mean..? Is it wise to order a 6 months supply at once, or would it be better to order less..like.. every 2 months ?

Eric Potratz

Eric Potratz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Sounds good to me :=) thx for the info..how long does this stay at the "freshest"..closed I mean..? Is it wise to order a 6 months supply at once, or would it be better to order less..like.. every 2 months ?
The bottles should be fine for at least a year if stored in the fridge.

-Pp

Matt Skiba

Matt Skiba

Awards
Eric, you said the tocotrienols are heat sensitive, does this mean that I would not be able to mix it with a hot beverage like tea?

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
You would get more out of your tocotrienols product, if you added sesame lignans to your stack. Sesame lignans inhibit an enzyme that metabolizes tocotrienols/tocopherols, so you extend bioavailability and potency of your tocotrienols.

Eric Potratz

Eric Potratz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Eric, you said the tocotrienols are heat sensitive, does this mean that I would not be able to mix it with a hot beverage like tea?
hmm... it may not be the best idea... how about iced tea? ;-)

-Pp

Riquee

Riquee

Awards
  • Established
You would get more out of your tocotrienols product, if you added sesame lignans to your stack. Sesame lignans inhibit an enzyme that metabolizes tocotrienols/tocopherols, so you extend bioavailability and potency of your tocotrienols.
Read about this, very good advice:clap2:!! sesamin oil should be hand in hand with the toco's you take.

Matt Skiba

Matt Skiba

Awards
PP,

Do you think we will see any before and after pictures of someone who has only used toco-8 in the time to come?

Eric Potratz

Eric Potratz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
PP,

Do you think we will see any before and after pictures of someone who has only used toco-8 in the time to come?
Perhaps. I know a couple guys are doing long-term logs/reviews on this.

-Pp

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
I should have some pictures shortly, almost done one can. I have been using it like this:

1. Toco-8 recommended dosing
2. Stieprox shampoo - clears poors / dht scalp
3. Essential oil massage
4. and I now just added Saw Palmetto back in the last week as I was out of it for a while - 320mg day.

I will have before's and after.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
I should have some pictures shortly, almost done one can. I have been using it like this:

1. Toco-8 recommended dosing
2. Stieprox shampoo - clears poors / dht scalp
3. Essential oil massage
4. and I now just added Saw Palmetto back in the last week as I was out of it for a while - 320mg day.

I will have before's and after.

Stieprox shampoo? What active ingredients in that help with hairloss? Has it worked for you?

I've been using Nizoral, and now Revita again... the Ketoconazole is promoted as a "DHT Clearer".

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
Stieprox is basically my free version of Nizoral so same thing bro!

boxmeman

boxmeman

Awards
  • Established
You poor guys and your hairloss lol i'm complaining because i have to make an appointment weekly with my hair stylist to get my hair cut... and i thought i had it bad...Hope you folks enjoy your toco:toofunny:

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
Notice any positive effects thus far neoborn?
Yeah it's slow though. I would say not to expect miracles cause the repair and regrowth is slow process. I would say a good 6 months for a good well laid out plan.

I have before pictures and am done now so will take so after's over the next few days. It has grown in better for me....no not crazy hair but more :)

My after :p

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established