DHEA (dermacrine) and hairloss

  1. Registered User
    johnyq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Age
    33
    Posts
    827
    Answers
    0

    DHEA (dermacrine) and hairloss


    I just finished up a month on dermacrine. I noticed the last 2 days that my hair seems to be coming out a lot more than normal. I do not have any previous hairloss issues, nor am I predisposed to hairloss.


    If I am experiencing hairloss from the DHEA, will it eventually stop and my hair regrow?

  2. Bananas
    Board Sponsor
    TripDog's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    10,084
    Answers
    0

    Anything hormonal can cause this! Even DHEA can raise dht levels.
    The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety.-Psalm 18:2
  3. Registered User
    johnyq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Age
    33
    Posts
    827
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by TripDog View Post
    Anything hormonal can cause this! Even DHEA can raise dht levels.

    I knew dhea could possibly cause hairloss before I started dermacrine, so I accept responsibility ( I assumed since I wasn't at risk for hairloss, then it wouldn't be an issue).


    I don't have any noticeable thinning (yet?). All I noticed was two days of increased shedding. It's likely I am worried over nothing.



    I'm just curious if the hairloss stops when your hormones go back to normal.



    -
    •   
       

  4. Bananas
    Board Sponsor
    TripDog's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    10,084
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by johnyq View Post
    I knew dhea could possibly cause hairloss before I started dermacrine, so I accept responsibility ( I assumed since I wasn't at risk for hairloss, then it wouldn't be an issue).


    I don't have any noticeable thinning (yet?). All I noticed was two days of increased shedding. It's likely I am worried over nothing.



    I'm just curious if the hairloss stops when your hormones go back to normal.



    -
    Yes it should only be a temporary situation until your hormones balance back out. Something like Saw Palmetto may help with that.
    The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety.-Psalm 18:2
  5. Registered User
    jasonschaffin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,253
    Answers
    0

    May also try their Toco-8 product
  6. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Eric Potratz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,831
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by johnyq View Post
    I knew dhea could possibly cause hairloss before I started dermacrine, so I accept responsibility ( I assumed since I wasn't at risk for hairloss, then it wouldn't be an issue).


    I don't have any noticeable thinning (yet?). All I noticed was two days of increased shedding. It's likely I am worried over nothing.



    I'm just curious if the hairloss stops when your hormones go back to normal.



    -

    Yeah, it might be because a transient dominance in cortisol too… since Dermacrine likely heavily suppressed your cortisol activity, and now that the cortisol suppresion has ended you are having temporary cortisol dominance.

    You should be back to normal in a week.

    -Pp
  7. Registered User
    Gutterpump's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    3,480
    Answers
    0

    Eric, speaking on cortisol dominance, can you tell me if this is a bad idea?

    I am currently usig Dermacrine for 4 weeks alongside a large dose of adrenosterone. Immediately after, I plan on using Dermatherm and EndoAmp. (on a side note: I was hoping to use sustain as well, but I will need as much skin surface for the dermatherm as necessary, so I am using another oral high-dose resveratrol product).

    Bad idea? Too great a chance of having a large cortisol rebound?
  8. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Eric Potratz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,831
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Gutterpump View Post
    Eric, speaking on cortisol dominance, can you tell me if this is a bad idea?

    I am currently usig Dermacrine for 4 weeks alongside a large dose of adrenosterone. Immediately after, I plan on using Dermatherm and EndoAmp. (on a side note: I was hoping to use sustain as well, but I will need as much skin surface for the dermatherm as necessary, so I am using another oral high-dose resveratrol product).

    Bad idea? Too great a chance of having a large cortisol rebound?
    Well you probably wont need the additional cortisol suppression with the DermaTherm. Why not save the EndoAmp for after?

    -Pp
  9. Registered User
    johnyq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Age
    33
    Posts
    827
    Answers
    0

    update since the thread got bumped: I still have my hair, just had some abnormal loss for a few days, and then everything went back to normal.
  10. Registered User
    neoborn's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,409
    Answers
    0

    Saw Palmetto & Toco-8 for the win!!!
  11. Registered User
    solonjk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    37
    Answers
    0

    I dont understand why would Dermacrine cause cortisol dominance after you quit it, and for how long?? Isnt dhea supposed to stabilize cortisol levels??

    While taking Pregnenolone/Dhea in the dermacrine where does the pathway shunt to predominantly? Produce more Dhea, more Cortisol or more Aldo?

    How much preg and dhea are supposed to be in each dose of dermacrine?

    I m really into buying this because i have adrenal fatigue (low dhea/low preg/progesterone and higher cortisol levels) and hypogonadism after finasteride use (low fsh/lh/ testo/free testo)

    but im thinking if it causes more cortisol dominance afterwards i will be done over. Allready my cortisol levels are over dhea and the dhea/cort ratio is really a big problem for me (being in a greatly catabolic state)
  12. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Eric Potratz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,831
    Answers
    0

    The pregnenolone mostly converts down the progesterone pathway, while the DHEA converts to more anabolic hormones such as Adion, Adiol, testosterone and also 7-keto metabolites.

    After you stop Dermcrine your DHEA/test levels would decline for a few days as your body restarts its normal hormone production. This may cause a brief time of cortisol dominance because your test levels are lower than they should be, not because cortisol is high. (T:cortisol ratio)

    -Pp

    Quote Originally Posted by solonjk View Post
    I dont understand why would Dermacrine cause cortisol dominance after you quit it, and for how long?? Isnt dhea supposed to stabilize cortisol levels??

    While taking Pregnenolone/Dhea in the dermacrine where does the pathway shunt to predominantly? Produce more Dhea, more Cortisol or more Aldo?

    How much preg and dhea are supposed to be in each dose of dermacrine?

    I m really into buying this because i have adrenal fatigue (low dhea/low preg/progesterone and higher cortisol levels) and hypogonadism after finasteride use (low fsh/lh/ testo/free testo)

    but im thinking if it causes more cortisol dominance afterwards i will be done over. Allready my cortisol levels are over dhea and the dhea/cort ratio is really a big problem for me (being in a greatly catabolic state)
  13. Registered User
    IvyLeaguePump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    221
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by johnyq View Post
    update since the thread got bumped: I still have my hair, just had some abnormal loss for a few days, and then everything went back to normal.

    Honestly man, hairloss is the something that I think about when it comes to supplements, and like you, I have no family history of hairloss or anything like that. This fear has limited my experience with the stronger stuff...
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. hgh releasers and hairloss
    By oasis2005 in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-18-2011, 11:59 AM
  2. Proviron and hairloss
    By PIOTREK in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-13-2006, 10:42 AM
  3. Question about Test E and Hairloss
    By FighterInSnatch in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-09-2006, 10:57 AM
  4. Nolvadex and hairloss
    By Cut-Up in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-18-2005, 09:48 AM
  5. M1T and hairloss
    By SeanC1123 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-26-2003, 04:51 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in