DHEA (dermacrine) and hairloss

johnyq

johnyq

Awards
  • Established
I just finished up a month on dermacrine. I noticed the last 2 days that my hair seems to be coming out a lot more than normal. I do not have any previous hairloss issues, nor am I predisposed to hairloss.

If I am experiencing hairloss from the DHEA, will it eventually stop and my hair regrow?

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Anything hormonal can cause this! Even DHEA can raise dht levels.

johnyq

johnyq

Awards
  • Established
Anything hormonal can cause this! Even DHEA can raise dht levels.

I knew dhea could possibly cause hairloss before I started dermacrine, so I accept responsibility ( I assumed since I wasn't at risk for hairloss, then it wouldn't be an issue).

I don't have any noticeable thinning (yet?). All I noticed was two days of increased shedding. It's likely I am worried over nothing.

I'm just curious if the hairloss stops when your hormones go back to normal.

-

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I knew dhea could possibly cause hairloss before I started dermacrine, so I accept responsibility ( I assumed since I wasn't at risk for hairloss, then it wouldn't be an issue).

I don't have any noticeable thinning (yet?). All I noticed was two days of increased shedding. It's likely I am worried over nothing.

-
Yes it should only be a temporary situation until your hormones balance back out. Something like Saw Palmetto may help with that.

jasonschaffin

Awards
  • Established
May also try their Toco-8 product

Eric Potratz

Eric Potratz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established

-

Yeah, it might be because a transient dominance in cortisol too… since Dermacrine likely heavily suppressed your cortisol activity, and now that the cortisol suppresion has ended you are having temporary cortisol dominance.

You should be back to normal in a week.

-Pp

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Eric, speaking on cortisol dominance, can you tell me if this is a bad idea?

I am currently usig Dermacrine for 4 weeks alongside a large dose of adrenosterone. Immediately after, I plan on using Dermatherm and EndoAmp. (on a side note: I was hoping to use sustain as well, but I will need as much skin surface for the dermatherm as necessary, so I am using another oral high-dose resveratrol product).

Bad idea? Too great a chance of having a large cortisol rebound?

Eric Potratz

Eric Potratz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Eric, speaking on cortisol dominance, can you tell me if this is a bad idea?

I am currently usig Dermacrine for 4 weeks alongside a large dose of adrenosterone. Immediately after, I plan on using Dermatherm and EndoAmp. (on a side note: I was hoping to use sustain as well, but I will need as much skin surface for the dermatherm as necessary, so I am using another oral high-dose resveratrol product).

Bad idea? Too great a chance of having a large cortisol rebound?
Well you probably wont need the additional cortisol suppression with the DermaTherm. Why not save the EndoAmp for after?

-Pp

johnyq

johnyq

Awards
  • Established
update since the thread got bumped: I still have my hair, just had some abnormal loss for a few days, and then everything went back to normal.

solonjk

Awards
I dont understand why would Dermacrine cause cortisol dominance after you quit it, and for how long?? Isnt dhea supposed to stabilize cortisol levels??

While taking Pregnenolone/Dhea in the dermacrine where does the pathway shunt to predominantly? Produce more Dhea, more Cortisol or more Aldo?

How much preg and dhea are supposed to be in each dose of dermacrine?

I m really into buying this because i have adrenal fatigue (low dhea/low preg/progesterone and higher cortisol levels) and hypogonadism after finasteride use (low fsh/lh/ testo/free testo)

but im thinking if it causes more cortisol dominance afterwards i will be done over. Allready my cortisol levels are over dhea and the dhea/cort ratio is really a big problem for me (being in a greatly catabolic state)

Eric Potratz

Eric Potratz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
The pregnenolone mostly converts down the progesterone pathway, while the DHEA converts to more anabolic hormones such as Adion, Adiol, testosterone and also 7-keto metabolites.

After you stop Dermcrine your DHEA/test levels would decline for a few days as your body restarts its normal hormone production. This may cause a brief time of cortisol dominance because your test levels are lower than they should be, not because cortisol is high. (T:cortisol ratio)

-Pp

I dont understand why would Dermacrine cause cortisol dominance after you quit it, and for how long?? Isnt dhea supposed to stabilize cortisol levels??

While taking Pregnenolone/Dhea in the dermacrine where does the pathway shunt to predominantly? Produce more Dhea, more Cortisol or more Aldo?

How much preg and dhea are supposed to be in each dose of dermacrine?

I m really into buying this because i have adrenal fatigue (low dhea/low preg/progesterone and higher cortisol levels) and hypogonadism after finasteride use (low fsh/lh/ testo/free testo)

but im thinking if it causes more cortisol dominance afterwards i will be done over. Allready my cortisol levels are over dhea and the dhea/cort ratio is really a big problem for me (being in a greatly catabolic state)

IvyLeaguePump

IvyLeaguePump

Awards
update since the thread got bumped: I still have my hair, just had some abnormal loss for a few days, and then everything went back to normal.

Honestly man, hairloss is the something that I think about when it comes to supplements, and like you, I have no family history of hairloss or anything like that. This fear has limited my experience with the stronger stuff...