Sustain Alpha and Estrogen

Steve_W

Awards
Hi guys, I can't really find an answer to my question.

I can't really find a good answer to my question. I've just purchased sustain alpha, well actually the whole TRS stack but I'm a little concerned. I've had low libido for a while which is weird at only 23, my blood test actually showed low estrogen (17pg/ml). This could be possibly one of the reasons for the low libido. Will sustain alpha lower estrogen further?

The product write up says:

"Sustain Alpha Topical has been documented to possess selective estrogen receptor modulation (SERM) properties due to trans-resveratrol's phyto-estrogen makeup. It can act as estrogen in E2 receptor sites in place of estrogen itself.

This could be compared to what the prescription drug Nolvadex does. This 'serm-like' property has the propensity to up-regulate GnRH and LH & FSH for increased testosterone levels. (2,4,5)"

Now I'm concerned as I'd love to reap the benefits of Sustain Alpha but I don't want to lower my estrogen at all, so wondering what the deal is? I know estrogen is important in sex drive. Can't really seem to find a definitive answer.

Thanks

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Primordial Performance Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It may lower your estrogen. I believe we had a member upload bloodwork showing lowered estrogen. i tried to find it but could not.

Steve_W

Awards
I'm 168lbs so I have been using 3 pumps the last 2 nights. If that's the case I'm wondering if I should stop use...

Steve_W

Awards
I have been using DAA for the past 7 days or so, now replaced by TCF-1, on Sunday, Monday, Tuesday I felt quite horny which is something I haven't felt for quite a while. I applied 3 pumps of SA on Tuesday and Wednesday night (i'm 168lbs so I figured this would be the right amount). Initially felt pretty good after the first dosage, but the enhanced libido I was feeling prior to SA has seemed to diminish a little so I'm wondering how strong it's estrogen suppression effects are?? Also my knees have been pretty sore and clicky, though not sure if that's due to the cortisol lowering aspects of endoamp or because of low estrogen.

I did have low estrogen to begin with, (have never done AAS), i'm not quite sure why, so I'm a bit concerned maybe I should cease use. I mean it's only 3 days in now so I haven't given it much time but a bit concerned. Hopefully Eric can chime in? I did a search and can only really find conflicting answers

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Try dropping the Sustain for now, and continuing with the DAA. The dry joints in combination with low libido might be indications that you are hyperresponding to the e-suppression. Have you discussed the low E with a doctor?

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Try dropping the Sustain for now, and continuing with the DAA. The dry joints in combination with low libido might be indications that you are hyperresponding to the e-suppression. Have you discussed the low E with a doctor?
this is spot on. usually for people who have normal estro, it will jack there libido sky high. one reason why i love the stuff

Steve_W

Awards
Really disappointed it didn't work for me after so many positive reviews. I'll start again at 2 pumps and see how that goes..

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Really disappointed it didn't work for me after so many positive reviews. I'll start again at 2 pumps and see how that goes..
I wish I could advise on the best way to approach it, but given the underlying hormonal balance issues, it is hard for me to give a solid recommendation. Any recent bloodwork?

Steve_W

Awards
Last bloodwork was about 3-4 months ago, Estrogen was 17pg/ml.

I bought TCF-1 with sustain alpha, after about 10 days or so I noticed a nice libido increase from that however it gave me awful acne so had to stop. No acne from sustain, wanting to use it as a stand alone libido booster. I'm 5'9, 165lbs, so maybe i'll start with 2 pumps. Gonna go for morning application instead of night, see if I notice a difference.

Gonna stack with some powerfull I had lying around that I'll take at night also. I purchased the whole TRS stack but unfortunately had to cease use of tcf-1. Any other advice or past experiences of others to help this product work for me would be much appreciated!

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Last bloodwork was about 3-4 months ago, Estrogen was 17pg/ml.

I bought TCF-1 with sustain alpha, after about 10 days or so I noticed a nice libido increase from that however it gave me awful acne so had to stop. No acne from sustain, wanting to use it as a stand alone libido booster. I'm 5'9, 165lbs, so maybe i'll start with 2 pumps. Gonna go for morning application instead of night, see if I notice a difference.

Gonna stack with some powerfull I had lying around that I'll take at night also. I purchased the whole TRS stack but unfortunately had to cease use of tcf-1. Any other advice or past experiences of others to help this product work for me would be much appreciated!
Anyway you could use the TCF-1 and treat the acne with creams? it seems like it is giving you an appropriate test/estrogen increase

Steve_W

Awards
Anyway you could use the TCF-1 and treat the acne with creams? it seems like it is giving you an appropriate test/estrogen increase
Yeah for sure, it definitely was doing something but with work and other social stuff the acne was just too bad, caused nasty cyst type things on my face that take over 2 weeks to go away, creams etc didn't do a hell of alot. It's a pity, I might try a re-run at some point.

I've dropped back to 2 pumps of SA a day and it seems to feel better. Libido has been a bit better and knees less sore, though still they are still quite sore. I think 3 pumps was just too much for me. Am taking my 2 days off before another 5 days on, the next 5 days will all be at 2 pumps so I will be able to get a better gauge then.

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah for sure, it definitely was doing something but with work and other social stuff the acne was just too bad, caused nasty cyst type things on my face that take over 2 weeks to go away, creams etc didn't do a hell of alot. It's a pity, I might try a re-run at some point.

I've dropped back to 2 pumps of SA a day and it seems to feel better. Libido has been a bit better and knees less sore, though still they are still quite sore. I think 3 pumps was just too much for me. Am taking my 2 days off before another 5 days on, the next 5 days will all be at 2 pumps so I will be able to get a better gauge then.
Alright steve, hoping that it continues to work for you.

jsals22

Awards
Been taking SA for one week. Haven't noticed much yet unfortunately but recovery time is def improved. Hopefully boost in libido follows. I'll give updates

Steve_W

Awards
Been taking SA for one week. Haven't noticed much yet unfortunately but recovery time is def improved. Hopefully boost in libido follows. I'll give updates
Yeah keep us updated man. What dose you using? I've noticed better things with 2 pumps, 3 was too much, made my libido worse and made me knees really sore

jsals22

Awards
Been alternating between 2 and 3 was hoping to see some more leaning out a week in or more improvements. Was thinking about throwing in some endosurge. Any thoughts??

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Been alternating between 2 and 3 was hoping to see some more leaning out a week in or more improvements. Was thinking about throwing in some endosurge. Any thoughts??
Id prefer you stuck to just the Sustain so you can get a more pure sense of what it does for you, but obviously your call.