My honest AndroDrive review

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Hi all, I'm hoping to get some insight here... as I'm not sure what happened with my 2nd trial run of AndroDrive. It did everything but give me drive.

My first time taking the product, I took 3 caps daily with 4 caps of AndroHard. I had amazing drive and felt great the whole time. Let me also say that I am on TRT, taking 150mg of test per week, constantly.

My 2nd trial run, I took AndroDrive on it's own. 3 caps daily. Felt absolutely nothing for the whole first month I was on it! The 2nd month, I tried to experiment with dosage, I tried 5 caps, 6 caps, then for a couple weeks I tried only 2 caps per day.

Honestly, I have to say - I got nothing from this product but lethargy. Anyone else experience the same? Any idea what's going on? I guess not all products are equal for most people. I also need to say again, I was not lethargic due to suppression, I have been on test/TRT for years now.

jrc23

Awards
Unfortunately I'm in the same boat as you. I tried a bottle with varying dosages with little to no effect. Mostly it just made me feel lethargic. No increase in drive/motivation.

ChainLink

Awards
Same for me. Would dose upon waking and would get lethargy throughout the day, then felt "normal" in the evening. Didn't even finish the bottle.

saludable24

Awards
  • Established
Yep, I got lethargy from Androdrive too, but when I took 50-70mg of caffeine before a workout I was able to get going and keep going. It was like I had the extra capacity to push myself harder than normal while on Androdrive, but I had no desire to use that capacity. I've heard lethargy was due to the flavanoids included in AD. I'm going to try Dermacrine sometime in the future to see if it gives the same lethargy, because I never heard any review mention lethargy in connection with Dermacrine.

Fitlife

Fitlife

Awards
Informative review...I was gonna run it but not no more. Dont like feel'n lethargic.

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Primordial Performance Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I am sorry to hear about your experience(s). I had not experienced any lethargy and thought it was something that had been fixed, but it appears it still may have to be addressed. Can everyone provide as much detail as to the cycle they were running and any relevant conditions so I may share them.

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Hmm, this really puts a twist on my cycle plans. Time to rethink it.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Was there a formula change this year? I first took it back in March, then Mid June till just last week was my 2nd round with it.

saludable24

Awards
  • Established
I am sorry to hear about your experience(s). I had not experienced any lethargy and thought it was something that had been fixed, but it appears it still may have to be addressed. Can everyone provide as much detail as to the cycle they were running and any relevant conditions so I may share them.
Ran 2 bottles of AD at separate times. First time, about March, I ran it as a kind of "boost" to some Diesel Test Hardcore/Triazole/DAA I was running. It really gave me bad lethargy along with serious demotivation and almost depression when at 6/day. I did find in the last week a sweet spot between all of it: 3 AD, 2 DTH tabs, and 1 cap Triazole. That dosage between them gave me the least lethargy, but it was still there. Could be that I was dropping my estrogen too low with the higher doses of the DTH and Triazole early in the cycle.

Second bottle ran late may - june this summer along with 1 bottle AH. Still got lethargy, but not as bad as my first time. I wrote a review on the PP website about this run and why I think the lethargy wasn't as bad the second time. I did a lot of playing around with the dosages from 2-6 caps of AD along with 2-6 caps of AH/day. I liked 6 and 6 best; 6 and 4, and 4 and 6 of AD/AH all gave decent results though. 6 AD per day did give slightly more lethargy than 3 or 4, but on this cycle I was using 1 or 2 caps/day of PES Shift, which may account for some of the relief of the lethargy I had.

Perhaps the dose of flavones in the AD doesn't just give a xanex like effect, but may also lower estrogen too much? Who knows. Either way, despite the sluggishness/lethargy I got from AD, it did give me physical results in terms of body comp change and endurance capacity. I think it is effective, just not for what it is marketed for mainly, and will use it again despite the lethargy.

I also have speculated that there might be too much Pregnenolone in AndroDrive. The DHEA and Preg are in a 4:1 ratio in BOTH Dermacrine and AD, but ratio alone is not everything. I theorize that the total amount of Preg in AD is so much that it may cross over some sort of threshhold of absolute amount and is completely blunting the neurostimulatory effects of the DHEA, despite the 4:1 ratio. From what I understand of Preg's metabolism, it changes into anxiolitic substances at a high rate as well as being a source of DHEA and cortico-steroids at the other end of the stream. I believe that the DHEA and Cortico-steroid pathways for Preg conversion might get saturated at a certain point, leaving the rest of preg to convert to anxiolitic/depressant metabolites at a much higher ratio than lower doses of Preg in Dermacrine or other Preg supplements like Revamp, etc.

I am going to give Dermacrine a run soon and will give feedback on what energy/drive/lethargy I experience from it compared to AD.

dlucks

Awards
  • Established
This oral didnt do anything for me either. Primordial should really stick to transdermals! :)

southsideguy

southsideguy

Awards
  • Established
Androdrive has a great effect for me, I actually wish I can take it year round. I take it in the morning and helps me focus at work better.

Eric Potratz

Eric Potratz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Hi all, I'm hoping to get some insight here... as I'm not sure what happened with my 2nd trial run of AndroDrive. It did everything but give me drive.

My first time taking the product, I took 3 caps daily with 4 caps of AndroHard. I had amazing drive and felt great the whole time. Let me also say that I am on TRT, taking 150mg of test per week, constantly.

My 2nd trial run, I took AndroDrive on it's own. 3 caps daily. Felt absolutely nothing for the whole first month I was on it! The 2nd month, I tried to experiment with dosage, I tried 5 caps, 6 caps, then for a couple weeks I tried only 2 caps per day.

Honestly, I have to say - I got nothing from this product but lethargy. Anyone else experience the same? Any idea what's going on? I guess not all products are equal for most people. I also need to say again, I was not lethargic due to suppression, I have been on test/TRT for years now.
We first heard of this issue back in Dec 2011, described as the "buzz effect", which we narrowed down to the passionflower flavones in the AndroDrive. They have GABAergic effects that can make some people report as "increased well being", and others report as "increased tiredness or lethargy". They are included in the formula to maximize bioavailability of the hormones, and to control feelings of anxiety from high dose DHEA & preg.

We continually adjust our formulas based on feedback, so they are constantly improving. Since receiving these complaints, we have made formula adjustments that entered commerce around May 2012. Those batches include all batch #'s above M-01134. So if you have a bottle of AndroDrive with a batch number higher than 01134, then you have the most updated formula that should be least likely to cause this effect.

If those in this thread can comment on what batch they noticed feelings of lethargy or sedation, that would be most helpful to us. We may still need to make formula adjustments to eliminate this effect.

As always, if you arent happy with PP product, we will find something that will work for you. You can email [email protected] and Jered will be glad to help you.

Thank you.

-Eric

ChainLink

Awards
I definitely had a batch prior to May and had the fuzzy/lethargic feeling.

Was the formula modified in all the Andro series? I remember reading through threads where Androhard was causing the same problems in some users.

I was a fan of PP after using the original dermacrine LV. I responded great to that product. The androdrive experience definitely wasn't a good one.

I am currently running TD Dermacrine and it is working good, but hasn't kicked yet like the LV did, so we will see.

I am a fan of your DHEA line as I think they are ultimately the most safe in this category of supplements.

saludable24

Awards
  • Established
We first heard of this issue back in Dec 2011, described as the "buzz effect", which we narrowed down to the passionflower flavones in the AndroDrive. They have GABAergic effects that can make some people report as "increased well being", and others report as "increased tiredness or lethargy". They are included in the formula to maximize bioavailability of the hormones, and to control feelings of anxiety from high dose DHEA & preg.

We continually adjust our formulas based on feedback, so they are constantly improving. Since receiving these complaints, we have made formula adjustments that entered commerce around May 2012. Those batches include all batch #'s above M-01134. So if you have a bottle of AndroDrive with a batch number higher than 01134, then you have the most updated formula that should be least likely to cause this effect.

If those in this thread can comment on what batch they noticed feelings of lethargy or sedation, that would be most helpful to us. We may still need to make formula adjustments to eliminate this effect.

As always, if you arent happy with PP product, we will find something that will work for you. You can email [email protected] and Jered will be glad to help you.

Thank you.

-Eric
Both of my AD bottles were from DEC 2011, so I have not tried the newer, tweaked formula.

Checking the PP website, the supplement facts for AD appears the same, so I assume that the amount of flavones was the only tweak to AD.

Last month I did note a change to the ratios/amounts in both Mass and Hard though. That is interesting, and a promising evidence that you really do tweak your products.

Since I have some old formula, as well as new formula Dermacrine to try out soon, I doubt I will get around to trying out the reformulated AndroDRIVE this year. I will however, grab some to run next year for sure.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I wish I had kept the bottles to see for sure. The strange thing is, the bottle I used in April seemed to not make me tired (but was taken with AndroHard as well). The latest order for me did, a bottle I ordered from the PP website in June.

I wonder if estrogen had anything to do with it too. When taking AndroHard alongside it, estrogen related issues from a high dose of DHEA would certainly be negated.

McBurly

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So does stacking AD w/ some sort of hormonal product seem to help w/ the lethargy? I ran AD solo several months ago and loved it but towards the end the lethargy was kicking my butt, i initially attributed it to dieting but I was also increasing my dosage at the end of it.
Just curious b/c I was going to run AD/AL in a month or so and I was curious if the AL might help or perhaps throwing some 4ad in would help?
Also I was thinking about running DCP (http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/genomyx/dcp-180-caps.html) when I ran AD/AL, thoughts?

McBurly

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
4ad should help. You can look into adding one of the AMS products containing it.

You can add the DCP in.
Thanks for the response, I gotta spread the reps around some more before I can throw more your way.
I still have some old school 4ad I need to use so I'll give that a whirl

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks for the response, I gotta spread the reps around some more before I can throw more your way.
I still have some old school 4ad I need to use so I'll give that a whirl
Jealous you still have the 4ad on hand, must have been tempting to watch it for tha tlong.

Guys, as an update, Eric is looking into and testing ways around the lethargy issue.

leftside1

leftside1

Awards
Maybe it's all the unnecessary crap they add to the product? I'm always suspicious of companies that add these colorings just to make the capsules look a shiny yellow color. What's wrong with white? Won't sell as well?
FD&C Blue #1, FD&C Blue #1 Alum. Lake, and FD&C Red #40 Alum. Lake

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Maybe it's all the unnecessary crap they add to the product? I'm always suspicious of companies that add these colorings just to make the capsules look a shiny yellow color. What's wrong with white? Won't sell as well?
FD&C Blue #1, FD&C Blue #1 Alum. Lake, and FD&C Red #40 Alum. Lake
The amount of coloring present in products is extremely minimal.

leftside1

leftside1

Awards
Fair enough. I've enjoyed other PP products in the past.