The Primordial Off-Season Adventure of Snags (V2.0 of course) - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 4

The Primordial Off-Season Adventure of Snags (V2.0 of course)

Page 4 of 11 First ... 234569 ... Last
  1. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    saw this article this morning, thought i'd share.
    nothing earth-shattering, but some good reading and nice concepts to embrace to keep things real.
    (also: altho i practice and embrace 'nutrient-timing' in my approach, this would seem to lend further credence that - for the average person - the body simply cannot be guided by such short and swift changes. that being said, i think i'll continue along on my merry timing ways. )

M.I.T.-Trained Mathematician Dispels Weight-Loss Myths

It may not have been your favorite class in school, but mathematics can teach us something about losing weight!

Dr. Carson Chow is a M.I.T.-trained mathematician and physicist who works for the National Institutes of Health (NIH). Dr. Chow and his colleagues study obesity using mathematical models. What his research group has learned throws some conventional beliefs about weight loss out the window. Here are just a few:

•Belief #1: To lose a pound of weight, you need to burn 3500 Calories (kcal). Wrong. Dr. Chow's research indicates that the number of calories that you need to burn to lose a pound varies as your weight changes. In particular, as you gain weight, it becomes easier to get fatter. He explains, "An extra 10 Calories a day puts more weight onto an obese person than on a thinner one."

•Belief #2: If you cut your calories (i.e. go on a diet), you'll lose weight at first, but soon you will hit a "plateau". Wrong. If you hit a plateau soon after cutting your calories, then you've probably mistakenly overeaten. Dr. Chow says there is a "time constant" to weight loss: If you reduce your caloric intake, your body will eventually reach equilibrium, or "plateau", but it takes a long time. In fact, Chow's research at the NIH suggests that if you cut your caloric intake by 100 Calories, in three years you will lose, on average, 10 pounds, so long as you don't cheat. If you want to lose weight more quickly than, then you must reduce your caloric intake by a more substantial amount.

•Belief #3: Large variations in daily caloric intake will cause huge fluctuations in your weight. Wrong. In fact, Dr. Chow's research suggests that large variations in your daily caloric intake will not cause variations in your weight, so long as your average intake over the course of a year is about the same. This has to do with the "time constant" referred to above. The body responds slowly to changes in food intake. This is illustrated by physique athletes who suddenly and dramatically increase their calories in the days immediately following a competition. Their muscles "fill out" and they sometimes end up looking better than they did the day of the competition. A few days later, their caloric intake goes back to normal. Over the course of a year, this short brief of "gluttony" is averaged out and no excess weight is gained.

•Belief #4: People have gotten fatter in the last 30-40 years because they are less active. Wrong. According to Dr. Chow, starting in the 1970s, changes were made to national agricultural policies that encouraged farmers to engage in full production. Previously, the government had paid farmers not to engage in full production. Around the same time, technological advances were made that increased the efficiency of food production. Combined, this resulted in a dramatic increase in the supply of food available to the average American. It increased by about 1000 Calories a day. The greater the food supply, the more people eat. This is what is responsible for our obesity epidemic.

•Belief #5: Diets don't work. Wrong again. In fact, Dr. Chow says "All diets work [as long as you cut your calories enough]. But the reaction time is really slow: On the order of a year." Of course, physique athletes know that if you cut more calories and speed up your fat-burning metabolism with bodybuilding-style workouts and quality supplements, you can shorten the "reaction time" dramatically!

REFERENCE

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/15/sc...sity.html?_r=1
    Good article but some of it is not quite correct cuz I have used nutrient cycling for rapid weight loss very successfully... Also there is a lot of factors like insulin resistance and macronutrient averaging etc. A lot of what said here is true but not always...
    Mind and Muscle Board Representative I am not a physician and any advice is solely based on personal experience with various products

2. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    Good article but some of it is not quite correct cuz I have used nutrient cycling for rapid weight loss very successfully... Also there is a lot of factors like insulin resistance and macronutrient averaging etc. A lot of what said here is true but not always...
    i assume you speak of macro deviations (ie low/no carb, hi-protein etc)..
    altho i do not disagree with you, there are many who do DW - and keep in mind, to my knowledge i am not aware of any "gold standard" of published clinical studies that so many embrace as "proof", that show macro-manuevering to have any bearing on weight-loss. it's all about caloric restriction.
    as i said (and i as i think you know), i agree with you that there is much more to it than that. TEF (thermic effect of food) for example, is huge imo..protein being the most thermic macronutrient we can consume....
    however, that said: i think for the average individual, the basis of the basics is all that is needed.
    it's like anything else in life. you start out ignorant and inexperienced, because you cannot know what you don't know..
    with experience and trial and error, you learn and move along.

what i personally found interesting in this article, was point #1.
    that is something that is very basic to me, yet not understood by many it seems in this age of charts/graphs/calculations etc.
    point #4 was good too, altho i do think, as a whole, we are a less active species now than 30-40yrs ago.
    the age of electronics & video games has certainly contributed to less activity for the masses - esp youth.
    FINAFLEX Product Educator
    visit our website at finaflex.com
    contact me at snagency@finaflex.com
  3. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

i assume you speak of macro deviations (ie low/no carb, hi-protein etc)..
    altho i do not disagree with you, there are many who do DW - and keep in mind, to my knowledge i am not aware of any "gold standard" of published clinical studies that so many embrace as "proof", that show macro-manuevering to have any bearing on weight-loss. it's all about caloric restriction.
    as i said (and i as i think you know), i agree with you that there is much more to it than that. TEF (thermic effect of food) for example, is huge imo..protein being the most thermic macronutrient we can consume....
    however, that said: i think for the average individual, the basis of the basics is all that is needed.
    it's like anything else in life. you start out ignorant and inexperienced, because you cannot know what you don't know..
    with experience and trial and error, you learn and move along.

what i personally found interesting in this article, was point #1.
    that is something that is very basic to me, yet not understood by many it seems in this age of charts/graphs/calculations etc.
    point #4 was good too, altho i do think, as a whole, we are a less active species now than 30-40yrs ago.
    the age of electronics & video games has certainly contributed to less activity for the masses - esp youth.
    Yah I was not surprised by number one this has to devieate, it only makes sense....

I am pretty much down with number 4 as well I know we eat more becuase of availibility but we are also not as active like you said... so... the eating is likeley the larger cause.

I do believe in the average calorie thing for sure, I do calculate over a week but it's likely that it's more of a long term thing. What I have been doing is what I save early in the week I add to my refeed day. So far it's been right on the money.
    Mind and Muscle Board Representative I am not a physician and any advice is solely based on personal experience with various products
    •   

4. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

the pizza - it was friggin unreal.
    MP, great recipe base!

made both pizzas tonight..first one up:
    pre-cooked

cooked

second one (half of this was mine, half for my son)
    pre-cooked, before cheese topping

pre-cooked, with cheese

and i accidentally deleted the cooked version
    but, here's a slice of the cooked meat-za-rilla beast
  5. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0
    the pizza - it was friggin unreal.
    MP, great recipe base!

made both pizzas tonight..first one up:
    pre-cooked

cooked

second one (half of this was mine, half for my son)
    pre-cooked, before cheese topping

pre-cooked, with cheese

and i accidentally deleted the cooked version
    but, here's a slice of the cooked meat-za-rilla beast
    Omfg I have to make those

Sent from my iPhone using Am.com
    Independent
  6. Elite Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Looks insanely good!
  7. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

feeling like a champ today..the extra fats from last night just did me righteously.
    below is a pic of my 192.5lb self upon rising this morning.
    (i know, i know - i said no more pics till 195, but this was a nice plateau to hit too lol)

back to the regular dietary fare this day..breakfast:

2 whole eggs+2 whites
    2 slices Ezekiel cr toast w/ 1/2 tbs butter
    1 cup honey nut cheerios w/ 5oz almond milk
    1grapefruit
    (not pictured: 110cal, 20g protein shake)
    ~690cals total

here's a pic.
    had to bust my black dish set back out..those other plates - while bigger - just aren't manly enuff.

the training, chest:
    7min cardio warm-up
    4x10/9/8/7 low-incline DB press (pyramid up weight each set)
    4x6 DB flat bench
    4x12/10/8/8 hi-incline DB flyes
    3x max reps Perfect Pushup (incline feet off bench)
    7min cardio cooldown

great session, strength is very good these days.
    gonna be scary when i start my next stack.
    (you guys are gonna freak on this one, ima gunna get hyooge i think)

immediate postWO nutrition, something a lil different today:
    1 tbs brown rice syrup
    1 banana
    30g isolate
    1 bagel
    ~500cals total, 85g c/35g p/3g f

followed an hour later with postWO meal
    ~500cals total, 35g c/60g p/13g f

tennis on tap at some point later today.
    i'm ready.
  8. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

oh and btw..had some mushrooms left over that i dint use on the pizza last night, they were put to use today.
    one of my fav appetizers to make (luv me sum shrooms)
    you can make these in a lite olive oil, or butter; i prefer butter.
    these were white mushrooms, but i do all kinds this way..
    melt butter in pan on stovetop (i used 1/2 tbs for this amount of shrooms) and sautee in some garlic (or use garlic salt if you want), onion powder and black pepper.
    toss in shrooms evenly, spread around so as to distribute the butter sauce on both sides of shrooms nicely.
    cover, cook for couple minutes on med-high heat, stirring occasionally.
    then, remove cover (oil/butter should be dissipated shortly); toss in a dash of lemon juice, and a double-dash of red wine, sear accordingly.
    voila..delish.

9. Elite Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I think your old food pics are what got me into the CR Ezekiel bread, something that I use a ton of nowadays. Great stuff. Going to try that mushroom idea sometime soon hopefully. Sounds great.
  10. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by bolt10 View Post
    I think your old food pics are what got me into the CR Ezekiel bread, something that I use a ton of nowadays. Great stuff. Going to try that mushroom idea sometime soon hopefully. Sounds great.
    glad to inspire on the ez. i was inspired by jay cutler's use of it, yrs ago..
    if you enjoy mushrooms, you'll love that layout.
    (wait till i post a pic of my meat & cheese stuffed mushrooms one of these days..)
  11. Elite Member

glad to inspire on the ez. i was inspired by jay cutler's use of it, yrs ago..
    if you enjoy mushrooms, you'll love that layout.
    (wait till i post a pic of my meat & cheese stuffed mushrooms one of these days..)
    Ya my parents even started getting it after I had some back in the day. Got the whole fam hooked on the CR.

Meat + Cheese + Mushrooms is an epic combo!
  12. Primordial Performance Rep
    Stats
    6'0"  208 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Wow that pizza looked good.
    Just inject.
    Facebook:
    www.facebook.com/heretostudy
  13. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

leg day:

7min cardio warm-up
    3x12 1-legged leg extensions (did this more for a warm-up today, legs were a lil tight)
    4x10/9/8/8 wide-stance ATG BB squats (pyramid up in weight)
    3x10/8/8 DB lunges
    4x12/10/8/8 1-legged lying leg curl
    5x15 standing BB calf raises, rotating feet position to 3 points (toes straight ahead/toes in/toes out)
    7min cardio cooldown.

solid session..enjoyed those 1-leg curls just fine (slow & controlled, long squeeze in contraction). will hit hams again this week, a bit harder.
    i'm thinking i'll add a bi/tri/hammy day to the rotation, so i can hit those hams 2x thru and avoid DLs on same day..this would space out the reg DLs & RDL/hammy work by at least a day or so too..i like it.
  14. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by HereToStudy View Post
    Wow that pizza looked good.
    Wholy shyte did it ever ... just the way I like it too... pity we don't have access here in Canada to a lot of the no fat products...
  15. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    Wholy shyte did it ever ... just the way I like it too... pity we don't have access here in Canada to a lot of the no fat products...
    canadians don't believe in no-fat?

speaking of fat..
    my son found these when we were shopping last night..looks like i found me a new snack for awhile, these things are simply incredible.
    great way to increase your fat intake too, which i been thinking i want to do slightly anway.
    thinking of an intake that will more approximate 40c/30p/30f breakdown, or perhaps 35/35/30.

16. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.

Hah, I'm so addicted to the habanero/BBQ almonds its not funny. The Lime/Chili is my second favorite.
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons
  17. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

The habenero BBQ and wasabi are my favs

Sent from my iPhone using Am.com
    Independent
  18. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.

It was the wasabi until I discovered the other 2. Lol

Snag, meant to ask earlier but, how did you dose your clomid in PCT with the TRS stack?
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons
  19. Elite Member

I have tried all the flavors. The Habanero BBQ and Blazin Buffalo are my favorite.
  20. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF View Post
    It was the wasabi until I discovered the other 2. Lol

Snag, meant to ask earlier but, how did you dose your clomid in PCT with the TRS stack?
    i went with 150mg first day, then 100 for 2 weeks followed by 50 for last 2 weeks.

i saw that wasabi & soy sauce flav, might have to check it out too, but these two i got are da bomb.
    dint see any blazin buffalo, that does sound great tho Bolt.
  21. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by bolt10 View Post
    I have tried all the flavors. The Habanero BBQ and Blazin Buffalo are my favorite.
    That sounds crazy good!

i went with 150mg first day, then 100 for 2 weeks followed by 50 for last 2 weeks.

i saw that wasabi & soy sauce flav, might have to check it out too, but these two i got are da bomb.
    dint see any blazin buffalo, that does sound great tho Bolt.
    Wow, that is some high dosing for clomid. Did you notice any of the mood sides I read about all the time?
  22. Primordial Performance Rep
    Stats
    6'0"  208 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Wow, that is some high dosing for clomid. Did you notice any of the mood sides I read about all the time?
    X2. Even at 100 we tend to see a high probability of side effects, I generally have success sticking around 50.
    Just inject.
    Facebook:
    www.facebook.com/heretostudy
  23. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

for the clomid, i went with a bit higher dosing for 2 reasons.
    first, because i ran a 16-week cycle. second (and more importantly), because i am older.
    there is a line of thinking that for older guys, higher dosing is merited to bring levels back to norm..granted, i coulda backed down to 50mg for that 2nd week, and the stack i ran was not all that suppressive..but, i felt better safe than sorry.
    in any event, i noticed no issues whatsoever - in fact, pct was quite fun and enjoyable..on all fronts.

on these almonds again..man had to go check out the other flavs now..

24. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.

Understand the reasoning completely on this. I am planning something,not 16 weeks,but was interested in the clomid facts. Still working out the details and this will play into where I go.

Damn!! My stores are slacking as far as flavor selection!! The quest for the Blue Diamond Almonds has begun. Lol
  25. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

i still want that blazin buffalo!!!

interested in what your stack/pct will be AZ, be sure to shout at me and clue me in.
  26. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

for the clomid, i went with a bit higher dosing for 2 reasons.
    first, because i ran a 16-week cycle. second (and more importantly), because i am older.
    there is a line of thinking that for older guys, higher dosing is merited to bring levels back to norm..granted, i coulda backed down to 50mg for that 2nd week, and the stack i ran was not all that suppressive..but, i felt better safe than sorry.
    in any event, i noticed no issues whatsoever - in fact, pct was quite fun and enjoyable..on all fronts.

on these almonds again..man had to go check out the other flavs now..

I like a combination of Serm and herbal so I keep my Serm fairly low dose if I can. You were doing some different stuff though. Not sure the shutdown on some of those...

I love almomds but so many calories and I like to eat like 100-200 grams at a time....
  27. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.

I agree DW. The cals add up fast with them. I usually only dip into them on my low carb days.
  28. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

well yeah guys, that's the problem with nuts and nut butters - tasty, but needs to be controlled obviously.
    DW - 200g at a time???
    for my next pct (since it'll be a bit harsher stack) i thought i'd try tamox+exemestane (along with TRS of course)..
    i'm still new at this guys, just experimenting and feeling my way.
  29. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

well yeah guys, that's the problem with nuts and nut butters - tasty, but needs to be controlled obviously.
    DW - 200g at a time???
    for my next pct (since it'll be a bit harsher stack) i thought i'd try tamox+exemestane (along with TRS of course)..
    i'm still new at this guys, just experimenting and feeling my way.
    Yah really hard for me to stay under 100 grams.. I love everything about them right up to the way they feel when they hit my stomach...
  30. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

i'm on a srs mushroom kick right now.

i cut the stem too close on one of them, so a side collapsed, but the taste was still g2g.

first time i ever used string cheese on these, had some of that tomato basil stuff left, luvin the taste.
    also used turkey breast, black forest ham, red peppers, red onion.
    passed on the parmesan this day.
  31. Elite Member

All this almond talk sent me shopping today...during my browsing I found a new flavor I had not tried yet. Should be interesting.

Sorry to hijack with my own pic Snag....

Name:  blued.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  75.4 KB
  32. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

toasted coconut.....................me want!!!
  33. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.

Toasted coconut?? Damn you Bolt!! Lol
  34. Elite Member

toasted coconut.....................me want!!!
    Toasted coconut?? Damn you Bolt!! Lol
    Never seen it before...it said NEW FLAVOR on the rack and I couldn't resist! I love coconut
  35. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

i'm on a srs mushroom kick right now.

i cut the stem too close on one of them, so a side collapsed, but the taste was still g2g.

first time i ever used string cheese on these, had some of that tomato basil stuff left, luvin the taste.
    also used turkey breast, black forest ham, red peppers, red onion.
    passed on the parmesan this day.
    Food porn at it's finest ... now here I don't mind some sloppy seconds ...
  36. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

shoulders/abs this day..another fine session.
    seated BB military press/seated laterals, standing DB front raises, standing plate raises were order of the day, followed by some ab work.
    cardio warmup/cooldown as usual.
    ran out of my brown rice syrup, my store was out too, so went another direction for postWO nutrition today:
    1 cup shredded wheat
    2 TBS honey
    8oz almond milk
    (not pictured, 40g isolate shake in water)
    ~525cals total.

37. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.

I would have lathered up some CR Ezek bread with honey. Lol
  38. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

I would have lathered up some CR Ezek bread with honey. Lol
    shredded wheat with some honey & almond milk bro..tis the bomb.

ez cr is great just plain - or better yet, with butter.
    (slathered with butter even more better - if i'm on a higher fat day)
  39. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

back training this morning..tennis later this afternoon.
    chins/rack pulls/lat pulldowns/deadlifts were the chosen exercises of the day.
    not much to report - strength remains constant, energy levels fine (axon in play again), feeling good overall..
    same old, same old.

EDIT: dint want this update to be so boring, so some added info.
    i use the perfect pullup attachments off my reg pullup bar sometimes, to get a different ROM and hand position - usually when i do these, my body is parallel to the floor in the contracted position, and i pull back tight.
    well, couple weeks back i was doing these, and both PP grips snapped simulteously! almost coulda been a bad scene, if it weren't for my cat-like reflexes and ability to level myself out before i landed flat on my back lol..
    so, upon a search i find that i'm not the only one this has happened to - indeed, some couple thousand consumers experienced the same thing, and the company issued a recall over a yr ago. talki about being late to the party.
    e-mailed the company, ands they promptly issued a replacement with the new and improved grips.
    fyi for anyone still using those old-style grips.
    they looked like this:

the new grips look like this:

and this is what i mean by using my pullup bar with them..i built this bar into the ceiling in my garage, attaching to studs in attic.
  40. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

mid-day snaggage (oops, i mean snackage).

strayed from the ezekiel with some pepperidge farms 15-grain bread..stuff is pretty good.
    sandwich has deli cuts of turkey breast, roast beef, and black forest ham with a slice of 2% pepperjack cheese
    can of bumblebee albacore chunk tuna w/ garlic salsa
    obligatory veggie medley

~475cals total
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Last Day Of The 30% Off Sale!
    By Eric Potratz in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-14-2009, 02:31 PM
  2. what would i gain the most off of
    By gyno4445 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-07-2008, 03:59 PM
  3. Anybody have Off Season pics of Lee Priest?
    By phasar in forum General Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-30-2006, 03:16 PM
  4. I'll hit it off - who will win NBA rookie of the year?
    By judge-mental in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-09-2005, 03:18 PM