Snagency Primordially shifts to V2.0, 16-week bodybuilding prep with Andro Series

Page 9 of 28 First ... 7891011 ... Last

1. I do better on moderate carbs all around. I tried Keto for a while but I would always plateau...
    Unremarkable is no way to go through life... Doug

2. preferences..diffrent strokes for diffrent strokes..varying ways/formats to pull a keto diet and tilt the body into ketosis..
    a lot comes into play here. and - there is a certain mindset that one has to have, while living this kind of lifestyle.
    for my part, i felt great, made progress, and then - got depressed and fell off the bandwagon for couple months, looked like shyt.
    (do we sense a theme here?)
    there followed my last contest prep - a 10.5 week turnaround from soft mush to a 3rd place showing in the Ohio Natural in Cleveland, '08.

anyway..speaking of food: brewing me up some anabolic chili here this morning, stepping outside the diet for the 2nd time of what will be, i guesstimate, numbers i can count on one hand. the diet i have is really pretty easy and fun - i might not be saying the same thing next week when i knock ~50g fat and my postWO shake off the plate every day.

chili is simple:
    can of tomato juice
    couple cans kidney beans
    1lb extra lean beef
    banana peppers/jalapeno peppers/red onion

bam.
    makes ~1850 cals total, ~210c/200p/25f

divide in three equal portions, and i have 3 meals of a hi-carb day lined up.
    yum.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    preferences..diffrent strokes for diffrent strokes..varying ways/formats to pull a keto diet and tilt the body into ketosis..
    a lot comes into play here. and - there is a certain mindset that one has to have, while living this kind of lifestyle.
    for my part, i felt great, made progress, and then - got depressed and fell off the bandwagon for couple months, looked like shyt.
    (do we sense a theme here?)
    there followed my last contest prep - a 10.5 week turnaround from soft mush to a 3rd place showing in the Ohio Natural in Cleveland, '08.

anyway..speaking of food: brewing me up some anabolic chili here this morning, stepping outside the diet for the 2nd time of what will be, i guesstimate, numbers i can count on one hand. the diet i have is really pretty easy and fun - i might not be saying the same thing next week when i knock ~50g fat and my postWO shake off the plate every day.

chili is simple:
    can of tomato juice
    couple cans kidney beans
    1lb extra lean beef
    banana peppers/jalapeno peppers/red onion

bam.
    makes ~1850 cals total, ~210c/200p/25f

divide in three equal portions, and i have 3 meals of a hi-carb day lined up.
    yum.
    Yah chlli that's the ticket .. I want some...that is what I could eat fridays for my treat...

4. Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    Yah chlli that's the ticket .. I want some...that is what I could eat fridays for my treat...
    Voilà.
    Here you go, bro..grab a bowl.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

5. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    Voilà.
    I need 2
    •   

6. Now you had to go there with Chili! Now I am gonna be thinking about that for a while.
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Current Training Log -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/276206-kleen-strong-body.html

7. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    Now you had to go there with Chili! Now I am gonna be thinking about that for a while.
    I am going to go with chicken instead of beef for tomorow night Chicken Chilli gumbo type stuff... it's gonna be fuggin good!!

8. My wife makes a white bean chili with shredded rotiserie chicken in it.....yummy!!
    Always open light. It’s not what you open with, it’s what you finish with. Louie Simmons

9. Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF View Post
    My wife makes a white bean chili with shredded rotiserie chicken in it.....yummy!!
    White beans.. maybe I'll pick some up ...

10. i enjoy beans of all color..i don't discriminate.
    that combo does sound rather tasty tho, AZMIDLYF.

jalapeno's, on the other hand...ooooooooooo let's just say, only 2 bowls of chili were consumed on this day.
    my butt was on fire!
    (guess i put too many in there today)

11. Have you considered ground turkey? I believe that lb/lb its richer in protein and lower in fat.
    I have no enemies. My friends intensely despise me.

12. Quote Originally Posted by David Dunn View Post
    Have you considered ground turkey? I believe that lb/lb its richer in protein and lower in fat.
    Oh i eat plenty of ground turkey David, but - leaner than 96% lean beef?
    Only thing I've seen is some 97% lean turkey, and 99% lean turkey breast -- and those will come into play soon enough, trust me.
    The ground turkey I consume is 90% and 93%, not bad, but not as lean as what I eat now.
    My protein is thru the roof - ~350-400g daily (don't need any help in that department).
    And - the only reason I eat that lean of beef right now, is so I can load up on all my targeted fats that I want currently (heavy whipping cream, butter, almond butter, EVOO, etc.)..right now, fat is not the enemy, it is my friend!

(until next week that is, when i eliminate all those fun added fats for a week of hardening )

Thanks for the contribution!

13. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    (guess i put too many in there today)
    No such thing, bring the heat!
    Just inject.
    Facebook:
    www.facebook.com/heretostudy

14. Quote Originally Posted by HereToStudy View Post
    No such thing, bring the heat!
    That's exactly what was happening man..
    I was shooting flames brother!

15. In at long last. Looking great snags!

16. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    Voilà.
    And I am hungry again... Also gives me a great idea to do some crock pot chili this weekend!

BTW, great log.
    “Beastmode is when you can not possibly go any further, but then you make a conscious choice to move forward”.

17. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    Only thing I've seen is some 97% lean turkey, and 99% lean turkey breast -- and those will come into play soon enough, trust me.
    The ground turkey I consume is 90% and 93%, not bad, but not as lean as what I eat now.
    My protein is thru the roof - ~350-400g daily (don't need any help in that department).
    And - the only reason I eat that lean of beef right now, is so I can load up on all my targeted fats that I want currently (heavy whipping cream, butter, almond butter, EVOO, etc.)..right now, fat is not the enemy, it is my friend!

(until next week that is, when i eliminate all those fun added fats for a week of hardening )

Mmmmmmm! Do love me some heavy whipping cream in my protein shakes! I do believe I stole that one from you! ;-)
    Jeremiah 29:11-14

18. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post

Yah I can get 97% lean beef from a local butcher I am going to buy in bulk...

19. Quote Originally Posted by David Dunn View Post
    Have you considered ground turkey? I believe that lb/lb its richer in protein and lower in fat.
    Had me some last night, mighty tasty if you spice it just right. I was tempted to go with horse but I never had it before, I may consider it for chilli next week...anybody know anything about it..taste etc... it's very lean.

20. Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    Had me some last night, mighty tasty if you spice it just right. I was tempted to go with horse but I never had it before, I may consider it for chilli next week...anybody know anything about it..taste etc... it's very lean.
    horse??
    you're going to eat Mr. Ed???

Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    In at long last. Looking great snags!
    At long last indeed..welcome, Cyrus.
    Hope all is well, my friend.

21. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    horse??
    you're going to eat Mr. Ed???
    Mr. Ed must be getting pretty long in the tooth... would be pretty tough...

22. Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver

Mr. Ed must be getting pretty long in the tooth... would be pretty tough...
    ....like mummified tough. I do know that you want to get horse from a butcher who specializes in horse, kind of rare as far as i have heard.

Loving the dietary info on here!
    Life is cold, short, and brutal
    Training log -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/207211-sae2110s-training-log.html

23. Quote Originally Posted by sae2110 View Post
    ....like mummified tough. I do know that you want to get horse from a butcher who specializes in horse, kind of rare as far as i have heard.

Loving the dietary info on here!
    I know people have eaten horse meat in the past, but can you really still get it? I thought they considered it inhumane or something, like eating a dog?
    Dr. Albert Scott Representative for FINAFLEX
    www.finaflex.com
    Redefine Yourself..... REDEFINE EVERYTHING!

24. Quote Originally Posted by ScottyDoc View Post
    I know people have eaten horse meat in the past, but can you really still get it? I thought they considered it inhumane or something, like eating a dog?
    any truth to the rumor i hear of fine Chinese buffets still utilizing alley cats in their quisine?

25. wanna see something amazing guys?

first pic was taken 1 month ago today, March 20..just a few days prior to starting AMv3.
    (maybe now you can see why i was so depressed)
    next pic, one from today - albeit nice & swole after a hi-carb/hi-cal intake day yesterday.
    weight at 190 upon rising.

next, we focus on hardening for a minute.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Andro Series
    By Johny Roco in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-23-2012, 04:49 PM