Snagency Primordially shifts to V2.0, 16-week bodybuilding prep with Andro Series

Page 7 of 24 First ... 56789 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    My goodness....a random note here:

I am absolutely loving the way I look, upon rising, the morning after my high carb days (~500g)..
    on these days I feel large indeed.

WOW.
    Yah I loved the big carb and morning wakeup, on lean gains I don't do that very often though as we have pretty high carb days on wokout days... but I miss the big 800 gram carb ups Once I get lean I can reinstate them amd go down to 2 burn days a week... well two and a half as sundays are lower as well..

2. News, Notes, and Strategies..WEEK #4
    Few odds & ends, heading into this week.

Weight today was 190 upon rising, after slipping back to 188 upon rising yesterday morning.

I've settled the diet at this point on:
    caloric range of ~3450 on total off days, ~3850 on regular training days, and ~4250 on high carb/cal intake days.
    carb rotation is ~235-250g on low days, ~335-350 on mid days, and ~500 on high days.
    Gone is the 2x weekly hi-carb meal.

I don't make much mention of training, but here's the scoop on that front: I've dialed back my overlapping workouts, and streamlined to a more traditional 4-day split, straight sets, lower rep ranges (for now). Remember, constant change is my philosophy, and now that I've got my mojo back and some muscle memory springing into action, as well as progress on muscle development, it's time to focus more on that base development rather than shaping or trying to get striated. Trust me - my helter-skelter routine will come back into play, and not far down the road..

I said awhile back, I felt weeks 3 & 4 were gonna be big movers in the aspect of transition, and I am more convinced than ever that this week will continue building off last weeks progress..I am so excited, I feel like a kid in a candy store!

Muscle memory + steroids + my diet + my training are all coming together fellas..it's really fixing to get nasty up in heah!

A pic from this morning, after a shoulder session.
    (no more pics till the w/e..I'm keeping you all in suspense, I promise)
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    •   

3. Wow there seems to be some definitely leaning in the abdominal area since a couple of days ago...

4. Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    Wow there seems to be some definitely leaning in the abdominal area since a couple of days ago...
    Thanks brother..I think that's more a reflection of my hi-rep ab session yesterday, and the illusion of my little ab muscle bellies being poofed out a bit.
    (sidenote on the ab session - I rarely do direct ab work outside of prep, relying on core/compound movements for my base development)

There's no doubt tho - I've been swapping out fat-weight for muscle-weight these last 3 weeks, via androgenic help, and with absolutely zero water weight retention. I'm extremely pleased with progression to this point.
    Remember - whether you could tell or not, my muscles were soft and very much out of shape, rusty and receeding just 3-4 short weeks ago..to be at this point where I'm at now, it's priceless.

5. That's an awesome report Snag, and your abs do look pretty tight.
    NSCA - CSCS

6. Thanks Sam! just got done training a client awhile ago, he said the same thing..might be something to it!

Random pic of some food stuffs I picked up on the way home.
    (I wasn't thinking about training this late at night, so I bought all the right things the FIRST time, ahaa)..srsly gonna rely heavy on this sunflower seed butter going forward I do believe. Stuff doesn't taste the greatest but it's not too bad, and hides well in my shakes..macros are purrfekt for what I need to do right now.

7. What's up Snag! I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this log.

8. Man your dedication on the diet really does make me re-analyze my own dedication, lol!
    Just inject.
    Facebook:
    www.facebook.com/heretostudy

9. Quote Originally Posted by anthon88 View Post
    What's up Snag! I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this log.
    What's up anthon88? long time no see, hope all has been well.
    Kind of a different log, than what are previous conversations have been centered around, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by HereToStudy View Post
    Man your dedication on the diet really does make me re-analyze my own dedication, lol!
    Food is simply a means to an end..one of the least heralded aspects of development and overall health IMO.
    Everyone talks about how eating the right foods are so important -- but only very few actually truly grasp that concept and put it into play.
    If I can inspire, brother, then I am well pleased.

Sidenote this morning:
    My butt looks thinner as I wake up today. Srs.
    I have never had striated glutes.
    I am so looking forward to the buns being shredded..

10. Great info in here so far and great pics too. Looking strong Snags! Your triceps as usual amaze me. Looks so full and round like a second biceps sticking off the back of your arm.
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Use Kleen10 for a 10% discount
    www.OrbitSupplements.com
    •   

11. Still following Brother, looking great!
    Dr. Albert Scott Representative for FINAFLEX
    www.finaflex.com
    Redefine Yourself..... REDEFINE EVERYTHING!

12. Yah Snags is the ultimate food scientist ..

13. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    Sidenote this morning:
    My butt looks thinner as I wake up today. Srs.
    I have never had striated glutes.
    I am so looking forward to the buns being shredded..
    Nice work there BUNs of STEEL!

Dr. Albert Scott Representative for FINAFLEX
    www.finaflex.com
    Redefine Yourself..... REDEFINE EVERYTHING!

14. lol..i said shredded glutes, bro, not leaded glutes.
    good clean laff for the day, thx.

15. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    What's up anthon88? long time no see, hope all has been well.
    Kind of a different log, than what are previous conversations have been centered around, eh?
    All is well. I am attempting to cut up as well, hoping for the best. Haha indeed, I am very interested in what you have to say about these products and how they compare to the many discussed in our previous conversations. Keeping going hard man, I'll be watching!

16. Quote Originally Posted by HereToStudy View Post
    Man your dedication on the diet really does make me re-analyze my own dedication, lol!
    I think Snag has gone a whole year on the Keto diet before or something ungodly.
    NSCA - CSCS

17. Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    I think Snag has gone a whole year on the Keto diet before or something ungodly.
    Actually a bit over 3.5yrs, pretty much non-stop, my own version of keto. Built in carb-ups (all-carb meal style) and scheduled cheat days.
    You get used to it..and I stayed lean as hell.

18. Thought I'd take a moment tonight and post a reprint of the concept of the AndroSeries, and how these products work.
    As I learn more and more (and experience the very real and incredible effects of AMv3), the science and ingenuity of this development amaze me more and more.
    One hell of a read......

Birth of the AndroSeries
    February 5, 2011 by Eric Potratz

I can recall May 15th, 2010 pretty well.

I was outside the Primordial Performance office in Portland OR with one of the original Primordial Performance investors Dustin Adler, talking about the future of the company. The discussion wasn't really about Dustin's financial interest since he had already sold off his personal shares. He was really just obsessed with business and wanted to get a feel for the core concept of the company.

"Do you feel the business is doing well?" Dustin asked me.

"Yeah, our products are pretty solid, people like them, and as soon as we pay down some of our debt we should be able to release some new products" I replied, keeping a positive spin on the question.

Dustin slowed his walk. "Do you think Primordial is the greatest in the world at what it offers?" he asked inquisitively.

Greatest at what? I thought. I took a moment to think of a worthy reply. Dustin was a longtime friend and someone I respected very much. He had insightful information on a wide variety of topics, and always had a good sense – I knew the question was leading to something.

Before I could reply, he stopped, looked straight at me, and gave me a few words I would never forget -

"Eric, if everyone at PP is going to work 80 hours per week and pour every ounce of their life into this company shouldn't it be the greatest in at least something? If you aren't distinguishing yourself then this company just isn't that special, or its not taking big enough bets. It's time to break out or get out"

It was a challenge and it struck me like a bolt of lightning.

I understood what he meant and he was right. I was dwindling and not seizing opportunity to its fullest extent. Our products were good, but they could be so much better.

But what exactly could we or should we be the greatest in the world at? We had always worked towards the concept of having a great "men's health company", but that concept was so vague. We needed something more specific. I scanned my brain for the most noteworthy products we had developed since we started, and it was clear – Primordial Performance is in the business of selling steroids.

Definition of Greatness

With a clear objective in mind, it was time to figure out what defined the world's greatest steroid.

People's goals are different, so there would be no single greatest steroid. I also knew greatness couldn't simply be defined as simply being the most powerful. Methyltrienbolone is the most powerful anabolic steroid ever created, 300x stronger than testosterone, but it can't actually be used without causing severe liver and kidney damage – and that's not so great.

Considering the goals of most users, we decided the greatest steroids in the world must meet the following requirements:

Powerful
    Safe
    Easy to use
    Reliable
    Legal
    Supported by the Manufacturer
    Entrenched in R&D

Suddenly, life had renewed purpose and inspiration — Project AndroSeries was underway.

I arranged a meeting with our outside consultants and manufacturing team. The message was loud and clear

"We are going to produce the greatest steroidal formula the nutraceutical and pharmaceutical industry has ever seen. We are pulling all stops and fully investing all resources"

I gathered every pertinent study I had and began tuning my steroidal cerebral. I tracked down over 200 full text scientific references on the pertinent topics – bioavailability, metabolism, pharmacokinetics, bio-equivalency, biological effects and more.
    We had a number of goals to accomplish with this project, the most notable being -

✓ A product that *****s the effectiveness and safety of injectable steroids
    ✓ A series of products that can be stacked according to anabolic/androgenic preference
    ✓ An oral delivery system that effectively delivers naturally occurring steroids
    ✓ Increased cost effectiveness and safety over any other available steroid preparation
    ✓ Portability and convenient dosing (softgels)
    ✓ A product with a defendable legal status

At the peak of my research I had gathered so many papers, graphs, experimental notes, and info from outside consultants that I hired a personal secretary just to organize and record the information into an organized format.

Steroids & Legal Issues

As of 2011, nearly all "anabolic steroids" have been made illegal by the US congress. Anything that's not on the ban list, is still deemed illegal by default if it binds to the androgen receptor and has androgenic or anabolic effects. And if the compound is an anabolic steroid it isn't DSHEA or compliant with the FDA, DEA and USADA.

The steroid known as dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) is explicitly exempted from the Anabolic Steroid Control Act, because it does not activate the androgen receptor in its original DHEA form – therefore it's not an anabolic steroid – that is, until it converts.

In other words, even though DHEA has anabolic and androgenic effects those effects are not seen until it's activated in the human body. Plus, because DHEA is a naturally occurring component in the food supply, it's legal to sell as a dietary supplement.

Plain old DHEA

As bodybuilders found out over a decade ago, regular DHEA is a poor mass builder, even if you take tons of it.

The theory was that since it converts to testosterone at a rate of about 1%, you can take enough of it to build muscle – but regular DHEA has several problems that prevent it from being a truly effective anabolic agent, explained briefly below -

Limitations of Standard DHEA

DHEA, less known as 5-DHEA, has several limitations that
    prevent it from being a solid mass builder.

Problem #1 – Bioavailability & Absorption.
    The bioavailability of DHEA is only about 2-3% (1) – and we fixed that problem with Liqua-Vade HTC — but there were still two major issues preventing DHEA from being an effective muscle builder.

Problem #2 – Calorie Burn Off.
    The double bond in the 5th position makes the molecule very thermogenic with a tendency to increase the metabolism to burn off calories by heat generation by conversion to 7-oxo-DHEA. (2) This thermogenic effect makes the metabolism inefficient for muscle building because it burns calories off as heat rather than partitioning them towards muscle.

This effect would make DHEA a great recomposition agent, but a poor size or strength builder.

Problem #3 – Limited Anabolic Potency.
    The double bond in the 5th position of regular DHEA also limits its anabolic potential. The main metabolite of DHEA is 5-androstenediol – which is a much weaker androgen than 4-androstenediol. Therefore, by moving the double bond over to the 4th position -
    creating 4-DHEA – it becomes an immediate precursor to 4-androstenediol and the anabolic potential is greatly enhanced. (3-4)

It was clear to us that small modifications could be made to the DHEA molecule that would have big improvements on its biological effects – yet keeping its basic "DHEA" structure for legality purposes. The entire AndroSeries would be based around specifically chosen DHEA derivatives delivered in our latest generation of Liqua-Vade HTC – The result of which would blow away our previous generation of steroidal products.

After thousands of hours of focused R&D, I was ready to present the formula to the board of directors.

Making the pitch – Against all odds

The board meeting wasn't so much for approval as it was for moral support. I made the pitch to the board. Then the shots came…

"You understand these products will be too expensive right?"

"We can offer a payment plan. Besides, plenty of guys already pay over several hundred dollars a month for injectable gear or TRT prescriptions, and this will be more convenient and cost effective." I replied.

"You understand the FDA or DEA will come after us once they hear the word ‘steroid' right?"

"The ingredients are DSHEA compliant and the word ‘steroid' is not illegal. We will have our position papers ready" I replied.

"You understand that if this product actually works big pharma is going to crush you right?"

"We will have an attorney armed and ready. If they try to bully us we will fight back." I replied.

"You understand that our credit is exhausted and it would take over 2 years to raise the funds to produce these products right?"

"Yes, that is why we will run a massive discontinuation sale on all current pro-hormone products to raise the capitol." I replied.

On Sept 12th 2010 we launched the Pro-hormone discontinuation sale. It created the biggest uproar Primordial Performance had ever seen. Accusations and rumors flew – "PP is selling out!", "It's a hostile takeover!", "They've been busted by the feds!", and "they are bluffing!" – none of it was true.

One thing was clear, this was going to be the most revolutionary thing Primordial Performance would ever do. This was the beginning of the AndroSeries.

Read more about the products here.

19. Got to see my kids for the first time in weeks, last night. Took my daughter & son out to eat, at this place called Casa's (great italian joint -- i watched my kids eat these massive plates of pasta, while i ate a salad and drank the shake i brought)..anyway, divorce is ruff, man.

Quick update on the day: following day off yesterday (#3 total rest day now for prep) and low cal intake, awoke this morning @188lbs.
    Training today was a split session: back & abs in the AM, tennis for an hour in the early afternoon.
    Felt good to get some tennis in, been 10 days since I last played!
    I was due for some c-a-r-d-i-o. And it was best game I've played all year - and no knee brace or wraps again!

20. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    Actually a bit over 3.5yrs, pretty much non-stop, my own version of keto. Built in carb-ups (all-carb meal style) and scheduled cheat days.
    You get used to it..and I stayed lean as hell.
    Yup, can't mess with the Legend of Snags 3.5 yrs run on a diet. Got the will of granite.
    NSCA - CSCS

21. I do better on moderate carbs all around. I tried Keto for a while but I would always plateau...

22. preferences..diffrent strokes for diffrent strokes..varying ways/formats to pull a keto diet and tilt the body into ketosis..
    a lot comes into play here. and - there is a certain mindset that one has to have, while living this kind of lifestyle.
    for my part, i felt great, made progress, and then - got depressed and fell off the bandwagon for couple months, looked like shyt.
    (do we sense a theme here?)
    there followed my last contest prep - a 10.5 week turnaround from soft mush to a 3rd place showing in the Ohio Natural in Cleveland, '08.

anyway..speaking of food: brewing me up some anabolic chili here this morning, stepping outside the diet for the 2nd time of what will be, i guesstimate, numbers i can count on one hand. the diet i have is really pretty easy and fun - i might not be saying the same thing next week when i knock ~50g fat and my postWO shake off the plate every day.

chili is simple:
    can of tomato juice
    couple cans kidney beans
    1lb extra lean beef
    banana peppers/jalapeno peppers/red onion

bam.
    makes ~1850 cals total, ~210c/200p/25f

divide in three equal portions, and i have 3 meals of a hi-carb day lined up.
    yum.

23. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    preferences..diffrent strokes for diffrent strokes..varying ways/formats to pull a keto diet and tilt the body into ketosis..
    a lot comes into play here. and - there is a certain mindset that one has to have, while living this kind of lifestyle.
    for my part, i felt great, made progress, and then - got depressed and fell off the bandwagon for couple months, looked like shyt.
    (do we sense a theme here?)
    there followed my last contest prep - a 10.5 week turnaround from soft mush to a 3rd place showing in the Ohio Natural in Cleveland, '08.

anyway..speaking of food: brewing me up some anabolic chili here this morning, stepping outside the diet for the 2nd time of what will be, i guesstimate, numbers i can count on one hand. the diet i have is really pretty easy and fun - i might not be saying the same thing next week when i knock ~50g fat and my postWO shake off the plate every day.

chili is simple:
    can of tomato juice
    couple cans kidney beans
    1lb extra lean beef
    banana peppers/jalapeno peppers/red onion

bam.
    makes ~1850 cals total, ~210c/200p/25f

divide in three equal portions, and i have 3 meals of a hi-carb day lined up.
    yum.
    Yah chlli that's the ticket .. I want some...that is what I could eat fridays for my treat...

24. Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    Yah chlli that's the ticket .. I want some...that is what I could eat fridays for my treat...
    Voilà.
    Here you go, bro..grab a bowl.

25. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    Voilà.
    Here you go, bro..grab a bowl.
    I need 2

26. Now you had to go there with Chili! Now I am gonna be thinking about that for a while.
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Use Kleen10 for a 10% discount
    www.OrbitSupplements.com

27. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    Now you had to go there with Chili! Now I am gonna be thinking about that for a while.
    I am going to go with chicken instead of beef for tomorow night Chicken Chilli gumbo type stuff... it's gonna be fuggin good!!

28. My wife makes a white bean chili with shredded rotiserie chicken in it.....yummy!!
    Always open light. It’s not what you open with, it’s what you finish with. Louie Simmons

29. Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF View Post
    My wife makes a white bean chili with shredded rotiserie chicken in it.....yummy!!
    White beans.. maybe I'll pick some up ...

30. i enjoy beans of all color..i don't discriminate.
    that combo does sound rather tasty tho, AZMIDLYF.

jalapeno's, on the other hand...ooooooooooo let's just say, only 2 bowls of chili were consumed on this day.
    my butt was on fire!
    (guess i put too many in there today)

Similar Forum Threads

1. Andro Series
    By Johny Roco in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-23-2012, 04:49 PM