Snagency Primordially shifts to V2.0, 16-week bodybuilding prep with Andro Series

Page 5 of 18 First ... 3456710 ... Last
  1. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.92%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Now you're talking! I was curious about the PB myself.
    Always open light. It’s not what you open with, it’s what you finish with. Louie Simmons

2. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.59%
    Achievements Posting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

I do use PB, just not in prep so much. If I do, it would be PowerPB by SnacLite.
    But yeah - I pretty much stick to almond butter over PB currently.
    One thing I use a lot of right now for my fat source may surprise some ppl -- heavy whipping cream.
    (makes for some deeeelicious shakes, for sure)
  3. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.59%

END WEEK #3
    13 WEEKS OUT FROM SHOW

Week 3 was when things really started coming together..

Weight: Holding in the 189-190lb range. Still amazed that I am packing away these amounts of cals, and struggling to hold on to weight. A cheat meal was added mid-week, on a non-WO day, on top of my regular fare -- this put the total cals on that day ~5000.

Strength: I'm not one to judge & gauge effectiveness or progression by simply how much poundage I can move..still, I'm tossing around weights like they're toys. Yesterday was an intense leg session, best one yet of prep, and my ATG squats were strong, moving like a machine in there..very pleased in this department.

Stamina: After builiding myself up gradually in terms of activity first 2 weeks, I really let things all hang out during week 3. I feel, well, like a youngster again.

Libido: LOL. Well, I been focused on a great many things currently, so the "desire" part has receeded..
    (the dude downstairs just hasn't been on the same page; he seems to be always on the prowl, at the slightest whim)

Drive: If there is one thing that shines out to me even with all these positive facets, it is this category. I want to hit my sessions each day with ferocity..I want to train when I'm scheduled to rest..I dream about my workouts, and I even mess up my purchases at the grocery store because I have my training on the brain.

Recovery: No letdown, continues to be impeccable, despite my brutal and intense sessions.

Discussion:
    The steroidal education of (and introduction to) Snag continues, and this week I was finally able to spend some more time researching and self-edifying. And there's a reason for that (other than my normal thirst for knowledge)..
    First - all the minor nusances have mostly dissipated. Night sweats are gone (my sheets are thankful), no problems peeing (was only isolated few times)..no abnormal feeling in my testicles. The one nusance that remains, is a bit of acne. Nothing bad, but my back is broke out a tad, a little on my chest (chest could also be irritation from shaving it & tanning, no biggie).
    One thing that did not go away but rather increased, was L nipple irritability and swelling. And so - safeguards were put in play to combat estrogen-related side effects going forward, in the form of Aromasin (exemestane), an aromatase inhibitor. Dosing started yesterday, at 12.5mg ED. So now, I'm taking 2 steroids. (watch out, I'm off the hook)
    This stuff of course was new to me, altho I see it has been around and in use for well over a decade. Very intriquing..as is the whole field of steroidal compounds. So much here to learn..
    Anyway, a small bit of info on exemestane below, for those who are curious.

I also would like to make a special thanks to DreamWeaver and Finaflex for dropping some of their new preworkout product on me, Ignite 2. Again, have not been using a preWO at all to this point in prep, and I prolly won't for another week yet, but looking forward to checking this out guys..pic of product below.

Updated pics to follow later, gotta wait for the photographer.

OVERALL RATING, WEEK 3: Rolling. Like a boulder. Feel great!

ABSTRACT FROM JOURNAL OF CLINICAL ENDOCRONOLOGY AND METABOLISM

Suppression of estrogen, via estrogen receptor or aromatase blockade, is being investigated in the treatment of different conditions. Exemestane (Aromasin) is a potent and selective irreversible aromatase inhibitor. To characterize its suppression of estrogen and its pharmacokinetic (PK) properties in males, healthy eugonadal subjects were recruited. In a cross-over study, 12 were randomly assigned to 25 and 50 mg exemestane daily, orally, for 10 d with a 14-d washout period. Blood was withdrawn before and 24 h after the last dose of each treatment period. A PK study was performed (n = 10) using a 25-mg dose.

RESULTS :

The 25- and 50-mg doses of daily exemestane had comparable effects in suppressing circulating estrogen concentrations, with 38 ± 24% (mean ± SD; P = 0.002 vs. baseline) and 32 ± 29% (P = 0.008) decreases in estradiol concentrations, 71 ± 12% (P < 0.0001) and 74 ± 12% (P < 0.0001) decreases in estrone concentrations, and 45 ± 27% (P = 0.004) and 51 ± 20% (P = 0.02)

There was an increase in circulating testosterone concentrations after both 25 mg (60 ± 58%; P = 0.001) and 50 mg (56 ± 48%; P = 0.003) exemestane. Androstenedione concentrations were increased as well after 25 mg (32 ± 36%; P = 0.004) and 50 mg (47 ± 59%; P = 0.052) exemestane, respectively (Fig. 1Go and Table 2Go).

SHBG concentrations were decreased by 21 ± 7% (P = 0.0003) and 19 ± 39% (P = 0.18) at 25 and 50 mg exemestane, respectively.

Free testosterone concentrations were increased by 117 ± 74% (P = 0.0001) and 154 ± 95% (P < 0.0001) at both doses, due to the decrease in SHBG and the increase in total testosterone.

There were no changes in circulating serum triglycerides, cholesterol, or LDL or HDL cholesterol concentrations with either dose of exemestane.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    •   

4. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.83%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    END WEEK #3
    13 WEEKS OUT FROM SHOW

Week 3 was when things really started coming together..

Weight: Holding in the 189-190lb range. Still amazed that I am packing away these amounts of cals, and struggling to hold on to weight. A cheat meal was added mid-week, on a non-WO day, on top of my regular fare -- this put the total cals on that day ~5000.

Strength: I'm not one to judge & gauge effectiveness or progression by simply how much poundage I can move..still, I'm tossing around weights like they're toys. Yesterday was an intense leg session, best one yet of prep, and my ATG squats were strong, moving like a machine in there..very pleased in this department.

Stamina: After builiding myself up gradually in terms of activity first 2 weeks, I really let things all hang out during week 3. I feel, well, like a youngster again.

Libido: LOL. Well, I been focused on a great many things currently, so the "desire" part has receeded..
    (the dude downstairs just hasn't been on the same page; he seems to be always on the prowl, at the slightest whim)

Drive: If there is one thing that shines out to me even with all these positive facets, it is this category. I want to hit my sessions each day with ferocity..I want to train when I'm scheduled to rest..I dream about my workouts, and I even mess up my purchases at the grocery store because I have my training on the brain.

Recovery: No letdown, continues to be impeccable, despite my brutal and intense sessions.

Discussion:
    The steroidal education of (and introduction to) Snag continues, and this week I was finally able to spend some more time researching and self-edifying. And there's a reason for that (other than my normal thirst for knowledge)..
    First - all the minor nusances have mostly dissipated. Night sweats are gone (my sheets are thankful), no problems peeing (was only isolated few times)..no abnormal feeling in my testicles. The one nusance that remains, is a bit of acne. Nothing bad, but my back is broke out a tad, a little on my chest (chest could also be irritation from shaving it & tanning, no biggie).
    One thing that did not go away but rather increased, was L nipple irritability and swelling. And so - safeguards were put in play to combat estrogen-related side effects going forward, in the form of Aromasin (exemestane), an aromatase inhibitor. Dosing started yesterday, at 12.5mg ED. So now, I'm taking 2 steroids. (watch out, I'm off the hook)
    This stuff of course was new to me, altho I see it has been around and in use for well over a decade. Very intriquing..as is the whole field of steroidal compounds. So much here to learn..
    Anyway, a small bit of info on exemestane below, for those who are curious.

I also would like to make a special thanks to DreamWeaver and Finaflex for dropping some of their new preworkout product on me, Ignite 2. Again, have not been using a preWO at all to this point in prep, and I prolly won't for another week yet, but looking forward to checking this out guys..pic of product below.

Updated pics to follow later, gotta wait for the photographer.

OVERALL RATING, WEEK 3: Rolling. Like a boulder. Feel great!
    Can't wait tio see your reaction to it...
    LG Sciences sponsored athlete
    Mind and Muscle Board Representative
  5. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.59%

Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    Can't wait tio see your reaction to it...
    Will let you know!

Good timing, DW. I was just gettting ready to post pics.
    Have a lil loose skin under the bottom part of my chest right now. I don't think this will be an issue for long, tho, should be all right.
    Made some movement on muscle develpoment this week..still a long ways to go.
    weird thing - my back looks more shredded in real life than on these pics. :<
  6. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.59%

some close ups.
  7. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.59%

and a cheesin pic.
  8. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.83%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Looking Great Bro, I think you are gonna just cruz through this cut! Looking forward to your thoughts on IGNITE-2!
    Dr. Albert Scott Representative for FINAFLEX
    www.finaflex.com
    Redefine Yourself..... REDEFINE EVERYTHING!
  9. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.83%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Yah look what Snag calls loose skin, I wouldn't have noticed it, if you hadn't mentioned it. I can really see that your legs look bigger. The only smoothness I see is on the last shot in your front double bi but that could be the camera as well. It doesn't look like fat though.
  10. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.59%

That smoothness DW, is a relaxed shot, totally relaxed gut as I spread out my lats - that's why I call it my "modeling" pose (not aiming for muscularity, rather showing more of a mainstream approach).

The smoothness I'm talking about, is being deflated from my low carb day (yes, 250g carbs is my low day, LOL)..

And notes on the pics guys: of course, taken cold again. This is also a lower-carb day in my 3-day cycling pattern now (yes, I've gone and complicated things, with a cycling pattern within my already set pattern>>>>>)

It's weird, how much different I can look thruout the day let alone from day-to-day, fuller at times and more defined and flat at others - between meals even..crazy stuff.
  11. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.59%

Quote Originally Posted by ScottyDoc View Post
    Looking Great Bro, I think you are gonna just cruz through this cut! Looking forward to your thoughts on IGNITE-2!
    Thanks man.

I would LOVE to be pounding down 6-7k clean calories right now, seriously..the things I can dream about doing with this stuff..
    and I've almost considered doing something like that for the last gain week in the cycle, as I don't think I will need to stay true to my original set-up and if I do, cals are simply going to have to be increased the week going into a hardening phase.
    But like i said - I've almost considered doing it. What holds me back is, I'm walking a tight line and don't want to mess up what I've got going, and I have every intention of being sub 3%bf come showtime.
    It's a fun problem to have to comtemplate tho, really..

aaaand, a lil pic of last nights meal. yum.
    12oz eye of round
    2 cups broccoli, draped w/ .5 TBS EVOO
  12. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.83%

That smoothness DW, is a relaxed shot, totally relaxed gut as I spread out my lats - that's why I call it my "modeling" pose (not aiming for muscularity, rather showing more of a mainstream approach).

The smoothness I'm talking about, is being deflated from my low carb day (yes, 250g carbs is my low day, LOL)..

And notes on the pics guys: of course, taken cold again. This is also a lower-carb day in my 3-day cycling pattern now (yes, I've gone and complicated things, with a cycling pattern within my already set pattern>>>>>)

It's weird, how much different I can look thruout the day let alone from day-to-day, fuller at times and more defined and flat at others - between meals even..crazy stuff.
    That's the way it is when you are lean, the water dictates the look, drives me crazy..
  13. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.59%

That's the way it is when you are lean, the water dictates the look, drives me crazy..
    Indeed.

Don't wanna go too pic crazy in here, but here's a good example of the difference. Pic taken just couple minutes ago, bout 1/2 hr after breakfast..is a high carb day, so breakfast was 75g carbs/725cals.

Really not even flexing here, but I feel I look fuller, bigger, and just better filled-out.
    (was throwing some tanning lotion on..gotta get a tan in before the training session fellas..ciao)
  14. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.59%

Small(ish) update:

I don't usually get too excited over training arms, and I certainly don't like to report back on these sessions.
    But - in only the second arm-focused routine I have done in prep (arms + abs this day), I am enthused.

DW and ScottyDoc got me curious on the Ignite 2, so I figured wth, I'll throw down 1/2 scoop and take a sneak peak..
    And with that, I was off & running. I've already said every training session has been explosively awesome, but this one seemed to kick into another gear. When I pull out 12-15 sets each just to focus on bi's & tri's -- you know I am in a zone.
    (abs were sufficiently annihilated too, ~250 reps on various exercises)

I just felt good..dint wanna stop blowing up the guns!
    Pic, following the session.

Which one looks better fellas?

15. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.83%

Small(ish) update:

I don't usually get too excited over training arms, and I certainly don't like to report back on these sessions.
    But - in only the second arm-focused routine I have done in prep (arms + abs this day), I am enthused.

DW and ScottyDoc got me curious on the Ignite 2, so I figured wth, I'll throw down 1/2 scoop and take a sneak peak..
    And with that, I was off & running. I've already said every training session has been explosively awesome, but this one seemed to kick into another gear. When I pull out 12-15 sets each just to focus on bi's & tri's -- you know I am in a zone.

I just felt good..dint wanna stop blowing up the guns!
    Pic, following the session.

Which one looks better fellas?

Number 2 lol a landslide ....

Yah keep the ignite2 at half a scoop till you need more, it's a strong product. See what I mean by not relying on all mental stim to make a good workout, it's stimming the body that counts in the gym... we're not prepping for our midterms or going to a party... well it's our kinda party
  16. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.02%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

I just noticed this thread. All I have to say - wow. If I understood it right, you've been natural before this cycle? Damn, you look awesome, there is no natural bodybuilders in Finland who could beat you in size department!
    Olympus Labs Rep
    Olympus-labs.com - Products that will turn men into demigods!
    Life is nothing but big macs and hoes.
  17. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.59%

@ DW - Was a great first experience brother. I've not done any 1,3 in awhile, and it hit me just right.
    Seems to be damn well-formulated, from first impression. I'll be able to take it apart and peruse it more thoroughly down the road..

Gonna be tough now, not to keep using it! haha
    I'm just intent on feeling the full effects on AMv3 thruout this first part of prep is all, don't want anything skewing the landscape.
    My cal count is outrageous for now too, and I want to utilize and "feel" my energy from that intake for the moment...
    You know me tho..anything can change, and at any time. It will most definitely become part of my recipe sometime.

@g0hardorgohom - Welcome man, better late than never.
    Ha - I appreciate that comment! (not feeling very sizable right now, but it's a mental/prep thing..I'll be all right)
  18. Primordial Performance Rep
    Stats
    6'0"  208 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.49%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

I have been interested in trying the ignite myself. looks like a good product.
    Just inject.
    Facebook:
    www.facebook.com/heretostudy
  19. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.83%

Quote Originally Posted by HereToStudy View Post
    I have been interested in trying the ignite myself. looks like a good product.
    Make sure it's the ignite 2 they really got it right the second time around.
  20. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.59%

My goodness....a random note here:

I am absolutely loving the way I look, upon rising, the morning after my high carb days (~500g)..
    on these days I feel large indeed.

WOW.
  21. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.83%

My goodness....a random note here:

I am absolutely loving the way I look, upon rising, the morning after my high carb days (~500g)..
    on these days I feel large indeed.

WOW.
    Yah I loved the big carb and morning wakeup, on lean gains I don't do that very often though as we have pretty high carb days on wokout days... but I miss the big 800 gram carb ups Once I get lean I can reinstate them amd go down to 2 burn days a week... well two and a half as sundays are lower as well..
  22. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.59%

News, Notes, and Strategies..WEEK #4
    Few odds & ends, heading into this week.

Weight today was 190 upon rising, after slipping back to 188 upon rising yesterday morning.

I've settled the diet at this point on:
    caloric range of ~3450 on total off days, ~3850 on regular training days, and ~4250 on high carb/cal intake days.
    carb rotation is ~235-250g on low days, ~335-350 on mid days, and ~500 on high days.
    Gone is the 2x weekly hi-carb meal.

I don't make much mention of training, but here's the scoop on that front: I've dialed back my overlapping workouts, and streamlined to a more traditional 4-day split, straight sets, lower rep ranges (for now). Remember, constant change is my philosophy, and now that I've got my mojo back and some muscle memory springing into action, as well as progress on muscle development, it's time to focus more on that base development rather than shaping or trying to get striated. Trust me - my helter-skelter routine will come back into play, and not far down the road..

I said awhile back, I felt weeks 3 & 4 were gonna be big movers in the aspect of transition, and I am more convinced than ever that this week will continue building off last weeks progress..I am so excited, I feel like a kid in a candy store!

Muscle memory + steroids + my diet + my training are all coming together fellas..it's really fixing to get nasty up in heah!

A pic from this morning, after a shoulder session.
    (no more pics till the w/e..I'm keeping you all in suspense, I promise)
  23. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.83%

Wow there seems to be some definitely leaning in the abdominal area since a couple of days ago...
  24. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.59%

Wow there seems to be some definitely leaning in the abdominal area since a couple of days ago...
    Thanks brother..I think that's more a reflection of my hi-rep ab session yesterday, and the illusion of my little ab muscle bellies being poofed out a bit.
    (sidenote on the ab session - I rarely do direct ab work outside of prep, relying on core/compound movements for my base development)

There's no doubt tho - I've been swapping out fat-weight for muscle-weight these last 3 weeks, via androgenic help, and with absolutely zero water weight retention. I'm extremely pleased with progression to this point.
    Remember - whether you could tell or not, my muscles were soft and very much out of shape, rusty and receeding just 3-4 short weeks ago..to be at this point where I'm at now, it's priceless.
  25. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.37%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

That's an awesome report Snag, and your abs do look pretty tight.
    NSCA - CSCS
  26. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.59%

Thanks Sam! just got done training a client awhile ago, he said the same thing..might be something to it!

Random pic of some food stuffs I picked up on the way home.
    (I wasn't thinking about training this late at night, so I bought all the right things the FIRST time, ahaa)..srsly gonna rely heavy on this sunflower seed butter going forward I do believe. Stuff doesn't taste the greatest but it's not too bad, and hides well in my shakes..macros are purrfekt for what I need to do right now.
  27. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  172 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.16%

What's up Snag! I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this log.
  28. Primordial Performance Rep
    Stats
    6'0"  208 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.49%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Man your dedication on the diet really does make me re-analyze my own dedication, lol!
    Just inject.
    Facebook:
    www.facebook.com/heretostudy
  29. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.59%

Quote Originally Posted by anthon88 View Post
    What's up Snag! I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this log.
    What's up anthon88? long time no see, hope all has been well.
    Kind of a different log, than what are previous conversations have been centered around, eh?

Man your dedication on the diet really does make me re-analyze my own dedication, lol!
    Food is simply a means to an end..one of the least heralded aspects of development and overall health IMO.
    Everyone talks about how eating the right foods are so important -- but only very few actually truly grasp that concept and put it into play.
    If I can inspire, brother, then I am well pleased.

Sidenote this morning:
    My butt looks thinner as I wake up today. Srs.
    I have never had striated glutes.
    I am so looking forward to the buns being shredded..
  30. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.07%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

Great info in here so far and great pics too. Looking strong Snags! Your triceps as usual amaze me. Looks so full and round like a second biceps sticking off the back of your arm.
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Current Log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/256911-kleen-cuts-back.html
  31. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.83%

Still following Brother, looking great!
    www.finaflex.com
  32. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.83%

Yah Snags is the ultimate food scientist ..
  33. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.83%

Sidenote this morning:
    My butt looks thinner as I wake up today. Srs.
    I have never had striated glutes.
    I am so looking forward to the buns being shredded..
    Nice work there BUNs of STEEL!

www.finaflex.com
  34. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.59%

lol..i said shredded glutes, bro, not leaded glutes.
    good clean laff for the day, thx.
  35. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  172 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.16%

What's up anthon88? long time no see, hope all has been well.
    Kind of a different log, than what are previous conversations have been centered around, eh?
    All is well. I am attempting to cut up as well, hoping for the best. Haha indeed, I am very interested in what you have to say about these products and how they compare to the many discussed in our previous conversations. Keeping going hard man, I'll be watching!
  36. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.37%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

I think Snag has gone a whole year on the Keto diet before or something ungodly.
    NSCA - CSCS
  37. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.59%

Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    I think Snag has gone a whole year on the Keto diet before or something ungodly.
    Actually a bit over 3.5yrs, pretty much non-stop, my own version of keto. Built in carb-ups (all-carb meal style) and scheduled cheat days.
    You get used to it..and I stayed lean as hell.
  38. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.59%

Thought I'd take a moment tonight and post a reprint of the concept of the AndroSeries, and how these products work.
    As I learn more and more (and experience the very real and incredible effects of AMv3), the science and ingenuity of this development amaze me more and more.
    One hell of a read......

Birth of the AndroSeries
    February 5, 2011 by Eric Potratz

I can recall May 15th, 2010 pretty well.

I was outside the Primordial Performance office in Portland OR with one of the original Primordial Performance investors Dustin Adler, talking about the future of the company. The discussion wasn't really about Dustin's financial interest since he had already sold off his personal shares. He was really just obsessed with business and wanted to get a feel for the core concept of the company.

"Do you feel the business is doing well?" Dustin asked me.

"Yeah, our products are pretty solid, people like them, and as soon as we pay down some of our debt we should be able to release some new products" I replied, keeping a positive spin on the question.

Dustin slowed his walk. "Do you think Primordial is the greatest in the world at what it offers?" he asked inquisitively.

Greatest at what? I thought. I took a moment to think of a worthy reply. Dustin was a longtime friend and someone I respected very much. He had insightful information on a wide variety of topics, and always had a good sense – I knew the question was leading to something.

Before I could reply, he stopped, looked straight at me, and gave me a few words I would never forget -

"Eric, if everyone at PP is going to work 80 hours per week and pour every ounce of their life into this company shouldn't it be the greatest in at least something? If you aren't distinguishing yourself then this company just isn't that special, or its not taking big enough bets. It's time to break out or get out"

It was a challenge and it struck me like a bolt of lightning.

I understood what he meant and he was right. I was dwindling and not seizing opportunity to its fullest extent. Our products were good, but they could be so much better.

But what exactly could we or should we be the greatest in the world at? We had always worked towards the concept of having a great "men's health company", but that concept was so vague. We needed something more specific. I scanned my brain for the most noteworthy products we had developed since we started, and it was clear – Primordial Performance is in the business of selling steroids.

Definition of Greatness

With a clear objective in mind, it was time to figure out what defined the world's greatest steroid.

People's goals are different, so there would be no single greatest steroid. I also knew greatness couldn't simply be defined as simply being the most powerful. Methyltrienbolone is the most powerful anabolic steroid ever created, 300x stronger than testosterone, but it can't actually be used without causing severe liver and kidney damage – and that's not so great.

Considering the goals of most users, we decided the greatest steroids in the world must meet the following requirements:

Powerful
    Safe
    Easy to use
    Reliable
    Legal
    Supported by the Manufacturer
    Entrenched in R&D

Suddenly, life had renewed purpose and inspiration — Project AndroSeries was underway.

I arranged a meeting with our outside consultants and manufacturing team. The message was loud and clear

"We are going to produce the greatest steroidal formula the nutraceutical and pharmaceutical industry has ever seen. We are pulling all stops and fully investing all resources"

I gathered every pertinent study I had and began tuning my steroidal cerebral. I tracked down over 200 full text scientific references on the pertinent topics – bioavailability, metabolism, pharmacokinetics, bio-equivalency, biological effects and more.
    We had a number of goals to accomplish with this project, the most notable being -

✓ A product that *****s the effectiveness and safety of injectable steroids
    ✓ A series of products that can be stacked according to anabolic/androgenic preference
    ✓ An oral delivery system that effectively delivers naturally occurring steroids
    ✓ Increased cost effectiveness and safety over any other available steroid preparation
    ✓ Portability and convenient dosing (softgels)
    ✓ A product with a defendable legal status

At the peak of my research I had gathered so many papers, graphs, experimental notes, and info from outside consultants that I hired a personal secretary just to organize and record the information into an organized format.

Steroids & Legal Issues

As of 2011, nearly all "anabolic steroids" have been made illegal by the US congress. Anything that's not on the ban list, is still deemed illegal by default if it binds to the androgen receptor and has androgenic or anabolic effects. And if the compound is an anabolic steroid it isn't DSHEA or compliant with the FDA, DEA and USADA.

The steroid known as dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) is explicitly exempted from the Anabolic Steroid Control Act, because it does not activate the androgen receptor in its original DHEA form – therefore it's not an anabolic steroid – that is, until it converts.

In other words, even though DHEA has anabolic and androgenic effects those effects are not seen until it's activated in the human body. Plus, because DHEA is a naturally occurring component in the food supply, it's legal to sell as a dietary supplement.

Plain old DHEA

As bodybuilders found out over a decade ago, regular DHEA is a poor mass builder, even if you take tons of it.

The theory was that since it converts to testosterone at a rate of about 1%, you can take enough of it to build muscle – but regular DHEA has several problems that prevent it from being a truly effective anabolic agent, explained briefly below -

Limitations of Standard DHEA

DHEA, less known as 5-DHEA, has several limitations that
    prevent it from being a solid mass builder.

Problem #1 – Bioavailability & Absorption.
    The bioavailability of DHEA is only about 2-3% (1) – and we fixed that problem with Liqua-Vade HTC — but there were still two major issues preventing DHEA from being an effective muscle builder.

Problem #2 – Calorie Burn Off.
    The double bond in the 5th position makes the molecule very thermogenic with a tendency to increase the metabolism to burn off calories by heat generation by conversion to 7-oxo-DHEA. (2) This thermogenic effect makes the metabolism inefficient for muscle building because it burns calories off as heat rather than partitioning them towards muscle.

This effect would make DHEA a great recomposition agent, but a poor size or strength builder.

Problem #3 – Limited Anabolic Potency.
    The double bond in the 5th position of regular DHEA also limits its anabolic potential. The main metabolite of DHEA is 5-androstenediol – which is a much weaker androgen than 4-androstenediol. Therefore, by moving the double bond over to the 4th position -
    creating 4-DHEA – it becomes an immediate precursor to 4-androstenediol and the anabolic potential is greatly enhanced. (3-4)

It was clear to us that small modifications could be made to the DHEA molecule that would have big improvements on its biological effects – yet keeping its basic "DHEA" structure for legality purposes. The entire AndroSeries would be based around specifically chosen DHEA derivatives delivered in our latest generation of Liqua-Vade HTC – The result of which would blow away our previous generation of steroidal products.

After thousands of hours of focused R&D, I was ready to present the formula to the board of directors.

Making the pitch – Against all odds

The board meeting wasn't so much for approval as it was for moral support. I made the pitch to the board. Then the shots came…

"You understand these products will be too expensive right?"

"We can offer a payment plan. Besides, plenty of guys already pay over several hundred dollars a month for injectable gear or TRT prescriptions, and this will be more convenient and cost effective." I replied.

"You understand the FDA or DEA will come after us once they hear the word ‘steroid' right?"

"The ingredients are DSHEA compliant and the word ‘steroid' is not illegal. We will have our position papers ready" I replied.

"You understand that if this product actually works big pharma is going to crush you right?"

"We will have an attorney armed and ready. If they try to bully us we will fight back." I replied.

"You understand that our credit is exhausted and it would take over 2 years to raise the funds to produce these products right?"

"Yes, that is why we will run a massive discontinuation sale on all current pro-hormone products to raise the capitol." I replied.

On Sept 12th 2010 we launched the Pro-hormone discontinuation sale. It created the biggest uproar Primordial Performance had ever seen. Accusations and rumors flew – "PP is selling out!", "It's a hostile takeover!", "They've been busted by the feds!", and "they are bluffing!" – none of it was true.

One thing was clear, this was going to be the most revolutionary thing Primordial Performance would ever do. This was the beginning of the AndroSeries.

Read more about the products here.
  39. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.59%

Got to see my kids for the first time in weeks, last night. Took my daughter & son out to eat, at this place called Casa's (great italian joint -- i watched my kids eat these massive plates of pasta, while i ate a salad and drank the shake i brought)..anyway, divorce is ruff, man.

Quick update on the day: following day off yesterday (#3 total rest day now for prep) and low cal intake, awoke this morning @188lbs.
    Training today was a split session: back & abs in the AM, tennis for an hour in the early afternoon.
    Felt good to get some tennis in, been 10 days since I last played!
    I was due for some c-a-r-d-i-o. And it was best game I've played all year - and no knee brace or wraps again!
  40. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.37%

Actually a bit over 3.5yrs, pretty much non-stop, my own version of keto. Built in carb-ups (all-carb meal style) and scheduled cheat days.
    You get used to it..and I stayed lean as hell.
    Yup, can't mess with the Legend of Snags 3.5 yrs run on a diet. Got the will of granite.
    NSCA - CSCS

Similar Forum Threads

1. Andro Series
    By Johny Roco in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-23-2012, 04:49 PM