8 week Andro Mass/Hard stack mini-log

attacklife04

Awards
This is my first log so please bear with me! I've decided to run Andro Mass and Hard for 8 weeks after consulting with a few experienced guys on here. I'll be running version 3 of both products and will try to log on here as much as possible to give updates on how things are going. I do work and go to school full time so forgive me if I don't update every day!

I'll be dosing the Mass and Hard at 6 caps each product. I def want to see what these can do together at full dose! For PCT I will be running the TRS with the topical version of SA. My goals are to gain some strength and moderate size with a slight recomp effect. A couple months ago I increased my calories quite a bit and put on some nice size but have since stalled. I thought now would be a good time to throw in this stack to help push through and reach some personal goals. Unfortunately, due to my mid-level experience, I packed on a little more fat around my belly than I had originally anticipated over the last couple months! Well worth the size and strength I gained though. I'd like to lose around 3 inches off my waist and put on a few more pounds of LBM. I'm sure this is a common goal for a lot of us so we'll see how this goes! My stats are as follows: 29 YOA, 180 pounds, 5'9" tall. Measurements: Neck- 17 inches, Shoulders- 50 1/4 inches, Chest- 45 inches, Right bicep- FLEXED 17 inches-UnFlexed 15 1/2 inches, Left bicep- FLEXED 17 inches-UnFlexed 15 1/2 inches, Waist- (measured at the pelvic crest) 35 inches.

My workout routine will be a 4 day split with legs filtered in on chest and shoulder days. Abs will be filtered in on arms and back days. I have a couple injuries which limit what I can do for legs and back which will be frustrating to say the least but I'm gonna give this my best. My diet will be pretty clean...mostly chicken breasts, fish, lean bison meat, and various veggies.

Other supps I'll be running with this stack will be a gainer once a day as it is hard for me to get in enough calories to really benefit my workouts. I'll be doing a isolate shake post workout and a casien shake with water immediately before bed. I'll also be running COntrolled Labs White Flood PWO on workout days, Green Magnitude, Purple Wrath BCAA's, CoQ10, Fish Oils, Hawthorn caps for blood pressure, Grape Seed Extract caps, Saw Palmetto, and a multi.

Any input/constuctive criticism would be greatly appreciated! Again, I'll try to update this log as often as possible however this might not be every day. Looking forward to hearing from anyone who would like to comment so please feel free. My run starts tomorrow so here's to gettin' it done!

attacklife04

Awards
Woke up this morning and got my Mass and Hard in. Nothing of any note to report about so far. I'll be hitting the gym in about three hours so I'll update again then. Def looking forward to hitting it hard today!

MattPorter

MattPorter

Banned
Awards
  • Established
For best logs -- try reporting back perhaps every 3-4 days since everyday can get tedious.

-Matt

attacklife04

Awards
For best logs -- try reporting back perhaps every 3-4 days since everyday can get tedious.

-Matt

Noted. Daily updates were not my original intention but since today is the first day on I figured I'd give an initial comment on how things went. Glad to see my thread got some attention though! Today was a peculiar workout. I felt a little tired getting started but it was unusually easy to power through it. I did chest and legs today. My workout consisted of incline hammer strength press ( 4 sets 10 reps each with 3 plates on each side), flat bar bench ( 135 at 10 reps warm up- 275 at 6 reps for 2 sets- 245 at 9 reps- and 225 at 10 reps), dips ( body weight at 15 reps for 3 sets), incline cable flys ( 80 for 20 reps and 3 sets), and leg press ( 6 plates for warm up at 12 reps- 8 plates at 10 reps for 3 sets). Normally I would do a variety of leg exercises but my leg was really bothering me today so I decided to call it since I have to work tomorrow and can't afford to call off due to not being able to walk! I'll make up the remainder of my leg workout later this week.

Generally, my mood has been pretty good today. I've noticed that I've been positive all morning which carried over to my workout. Even though I felt a little tired (which I attribute to not having totally digested my lunch and a certain lady buring a few of my calories for the day before I could hit the gym...LOL!) my strength felt like it was up a bit. Strange sensation of being tired but still able to push through some pretty heavy weight without too much of a problem.

Overall a good workout without any negative sides or incidents to report. I'll take Matt's advice and try to update around twice a week or so as to not make this too hard to read through. As I mentioned before, if anyone would like to throw some advice or constructive criticism my way it would be welcomed. Lookin' forward to hitting it harder tomorrow!

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Primordial Performance Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Glad to see this log go up, and I am like the content of the posts so far. By the way, don't worry about the lady "pre-workout cardio", it keeps a male goin'

attacklife04

Awards
Glad to see this log go up, and I am like the content of the posts so far. By the way, don't worry about the lady "pre-workout cardio", it keeps a male goin'

Hahahaha! This is true! Well...after my workout yesterday, I can tell something is up for sure. You know how every once in a while you just feel really good and totally kill your workout all the way through? Well that was me yesterday. Killed shoulders like it was my job. I've noticed my mood has been noticeably good since starting the stack and my muscular endurance is up as well. My workout weight yesterday was the usual but it was really easy to power through to the end. My normal weight on all exercises felt a bit lighter than usual and I needed less time to recover between sets.

Workout looked like this:

military press- 205 for 3 sets at 9, 8, and 7 reps each followed by a fourth set at 185 for 10 reps then a set going behind the head with 135 for 10 reps

barbell shrugs- after warmup I hit 315 for 2 sets at 15 reps each, a 3rd set at 12 reps, then a 4th set at 225 for 15 reps. (note: I tried to pinch at the top of each rep and hold it for a second before returning to the start position)

DB lateral raises- 35 pounds each hand for 3 sets at 10, 10, and 9 reps followed by a 4th set at 30 pounds for 10 reps

cable face pulls- 150 for 4 sets at 15 reps each---last 3 sets were super sets with barbell front raises, 35 pounds for 10, 9, and 10 reps

I was a little pissed because I didn't have any time to hit some upright rows or arnold presses. I got in there a little late and the gym closed. I have a couple DB's at the house and I did some light weight arnolds while I was drinking my post shake. This was seriously one of the best workouts I've had in a while as far as focus, energy, and form. My rear delts were seriously pumped! Wish they looked like that all the time! If this is going to be the way things are going to go from here on out this should be a swell ride to say the least!

I'll check back in with you guys later this week. As always, any comments are appreciated!

attacklife04

Awards
The last few days have been pretty good. My workouts have been similar to what I've described above in both content and intensity. I've been continuing to get that strange feeling of being tired but still having the strength and energy to blast through each training session. I'm totally loving it! Yesterday I did shoulders and killed it again. The exercises I performed were the same as last weeks session except I added in upright rows supersets with front plate raises in place of the face pulls since I only had time for one or the other. Depending on how I feel next week, I will probably move up in weight on everything.

I'm only just over a week in on this stack and from everything I've read and heard, this stuff really kicks in around 3 weeks. If this is the case, look out! These log entries I've been making will be a fun read! I haven't measured myself again but the mirror is starting to show some changes. My lats are pronounced a bit more and my arms and shoulders appear fuller. Vascularity is becoming more pronounced as well. I've been told my back looks broader by two people who see me regularly this week. No extreme changes yet but being that it is this early in the game, these comments are an encouragement!

Overall the biggest thing I've noticed so far is the increased endurance during my training sessions. I truly feel like my normal weight on all my lifts is easier now. My recovery time between sets has improved as well. Glad to see some more attention on my thread. Any new comments are welcomed! I'll update again in a couple days.

Colbicide

Colbicide

Awards
  • Established
Subbed.

Going to be running this in June. Good luck.

attacklife04

Awards
Sorry for the delay. I had a death in the family a few days ago and haven't had the chance to make any updates lately. On the up side...things are continuing to go well with the stack. I did chest yesterday at the gym and felt really good the whole time. Workout looked like this:

flat bar bench: 275 at 7 reps, 6 reps, and 5 reps, then 225 at 10 reps.

incline DB bench: 85's at 12 reps, 90's at 10 reps ***PR!!!***, (last two sets were supersets with decline hammer strength bench) 75's at 12 reps, and 75's at 13 reps.

decline hammer strength: supersets with my last two incline DB...3 plates on each side for 10 reps each set.

abs and dips with my body weight were filtered in between each exercise in sets of 30 crunches and 20 dips each set.

finished off with cable fly machine at 100 pounds for 15 reps for first two sets and dropped to 90 pounds for a third set.

All exercises were perfromed with a slow negative drop and I tried to explode as hard as possible on returning up to the starting position. I really concentrated on maintaining good form and doing clean reps. As I've mentioned before, my training sessions are becoming more and more intense and my recovery time is improving. My normal weight is starting to feel light so I think I'm going to go ahead and increase my weight on pretty much all exercises starting next week. I've pushed 90's on DB incline before but never hit 10 reps so I'm pretty pumped about that.

Given that this is about 2 weeks in and most of what I'm told is that this stack kicks in around week 3, I'm REALLY looking forward to next week! Since I haven't updated on my back session last Tuesday, here it is...

wide grip pullups: body weight for four sets at 15, 15, 12, and 10 reps

close grip cable low rows: 190 for 3 sets at 10, 10, and 9 reps ***PR!!!*** and 175 for 10 reps

wide grip underhand cable rows: 160 for 4 sets at 10 reps each

pullover machine: 200 for 12, 12, 10, and 10 reps each set

bent over rows on machine: 2 plates at 10 reps for 3 sets

Overall, no negative sides or incidents to report. I haven'e gained any weight yet but I believe I've lost some BF as my abs are more defined. I'm assuming the lack of weight gain might be due to eating a little too clean. I think I might be a little low on calories so I'm going to have to look through my diet again. Anyone have a good reco as to what they would be eating (i.e. amount of calories, carbs to fat ratio) on a stack like this with my goals in mind? I've been told by several people that I have put on some LBM over the last couple weeks so this is a good sign I'm on the right track but I feel like my diet could improve. I'm going to be consulting a buddy of mind who has competed and owns a catering company geared towards body building so hopefully this will take care of the possible diet issue.

Great things so far! Looking forward to hearing from anyone who would like to comment.

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good amount of volume in your routine...how many days a week are you training? Just bump cals ~200 and go from there, nice log so far, seems you are recomping.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Overall, no negative sides or incidents to report. I haven'e gained any weight yet but I believe I've lost some BF as my abs are more defined. I'm assuming the lack of weight gain might be due to eating a little too clean. I think I might be a little low on calories so I'm going to have to look through my diet again. Anyone have a good reco as to what they would be eating (i.e. amount of calories, carbs to fat ratio) on a stack like this with my goals in mind? I've been told by several people that I have put on some LBM over the last couple weeks so this is a good sign I'm on the right track but I feel like my diet could improve. I'm going to be consulting a buddy of mind who has competed and owns a catering company geared towards body building so hopefully this will take care of the possible diet issue.

Great things so far! Looking forward to hearing from anyone who would like to comment.

thats what i have experienced and all the logs i have seen are the same way

attacklife04

Awards
Sorry to hear that brother.
Thanks bud. It was her time and she's in a better place now. Again, sorry for the delay in an update. Life has been getting in the way as of late. Things are going great. My strength is WAY up. I'm leaning out nicely and I feel like I've picked up some LBM. I've been out of the gym this weekend as I had to work and the gym closes before I get off. Due to the two day rest and the fact that I'm now halfway through, I'm going to measure again tomorrow before the gym. Looking forward to seeing my progress there.

As I mentioned before, my strength is up for sure. Three weeks in is most def the point at which these products kick in! I haven't weighed myself in about a week so I'll check on that tomorrow as well. Last weigh in I hadn't gained a pound. Due to the amount of BF I've dropped I'm assuming this might be throwing off the numbers a bit. Hopefully I'll have a few lean pounds by the end of this month.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with how things are going even with the lack of weight gain. My training sessions are intense and I've been upping the weight on every exercise now. I've also been setting PR's daily. The only negative side I've experienced so far is I'm a bit more aggressive with people. My fuse is def not quite as long as it usually is but this is manageable. I'll post some numbers after the gym tomorrow.

Thanks to everyone for sticking with me on this log. I know I've been hit or miss lately on the entries. Hopefully it'll be smooth sailing from here on out.

attacklife04

Awards
So much for smooth sailing! I don't know where to begin with how this last week has gone so I'll just jump into how my training has been. Strength is through the roof at this point. I'm curling 60 pound dumbells on a preacher bench and shoulder pressing 225 pounds for multiple sets at 10 reps each exercise. This is a LOT of weight for me. I feel a little like my joints are having trouble keeping up with my strength gains as my elbows have been tender lately. I've started taking Universal Animal Flex to help with the joint issues and I'll update with any changes as they come. PR's are coming with every training session now. I still haven't gained any weight but the mirror is telling me I've put on some size. I'm not going to weigh myself again until I'm finished with the stack.

I meant to tape myself last week but got distracted with a number of things. With any luck I'll be able to update with those numbers soon. On to the negatives...my temper will flare about nothing. This isn't that big of a deal seeing as how it is controllable but I thought I would mention it. I've had a little acne on my face and shoulders but it isn't bad. Libido actually seems normal. I continue to be surprised at this seeing as how I've read that with AH there is a libido increase. So long as it stays normal and doesn't decrease I guess I can't really call this a negative!

On the up side, as I've mentioned before, my strength is sky high. Training intensity and focus are up as well. Vascularity has increased and I certainly have that alpha feeling throughout the day. Seeing as how I'm about 6 weeks in, I will start my Toco 8 and Sustain Alpha tomorrow to ease the transition to PCT. I'm hoping that I'll keep this new found strength and continue to smash some serious weight throughout PCT. As always, any and all comments are welcomed.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
AH has my attention big time. maybe at the end of the summer before my bulk, i may do andromass with AH for an extreme recomp

attacklife04

Awards
Whew! Big time delay in posting. My place was ransacked and some d-bag stole my computer along with a bunch of other things I've worked my ass off for. Finally have a new computer.

The stack has gone quite well for me. PCT was a bit trying as I had some slight libido issues. Nothing too serious just a mild decrease in desire. That seems to be correcting itself over the last few days. On another negative note, the blast of endurance seems to have settled a bit. I was expecting this so this also is not a big deal.

Throughout the stack, I felt great. There were times I actually enjoyed going to work which is extremely strange! My mood was awesome pretty much the whole way through. My strength has skyrocketed and has so far stuck with me through PCT. The only thing I've lost is a little of the endurance surge I had while on cycle. My weight has not changed...still at 180 however my goal was more of a recomp. I've definitely lost some body fat and gained a little LBM in its place so I'm not too upset about the weight thing. I feel much more solid and my workouts are still pretty intense. On another positive note, I've gained a quarter inch in my arms and an entire inch in my chest!!! Haven't measured anything else as of yet but I'll update again with full details.

It's off to the gym for now. Thanks to all those who have helped me out through this experience. I'm already looking forward to my next stack though! This was way too fun of a ride to only hit once!