AD/AL Stack

edvanp

edvanp

Awards
  • Established
Hello PP Fans-
I received a free bottle of AndroDrive recently and I've decided to stack it with a bottle of Androlean that I bought last summer. I'm looking to cut weight/fat over the next few months of winter. Over the past few years, my weight has slowly crept up. Some of it is from adding muscle and some of it is fat. My starting weight for this log is 247lbs. If I had to "guesstimate" my bodyfat, I'd put it at 18-20%. I'd eventually like to get down to 225-230lbs with a bodyfat around 12-14%. I've always been more of a power lifter than a bodybuilder but I'm changing that now. Too many surgeries/injuries along the way have taken their toll on my body and I'm changing my fitness approach. I'm 47, I had my test levels checked a year ago and they came in at 427. Normal I guess for someone my age but lower than I'd like them to be.

The Plan:
My workouts are total body (compound exercises) 2-3 a week, core work along with some HIIT. My schedule for the next 2 months only allow me to get to the gym a couple of times per week so this is my approach. My diet is the biggie. I figure I'm eating around 3,500 calories per day and I'm aiming to drop that to 2700 max. I will allow one cheat meal/evening out with wife per week.

The Log:
I will monitor mood, focus, strength/workout intensity, libido, hunger and sleep. I will update this 1-2 a week.

edvanp

edvanp

Awards
  • Established
4 Day update

I've decided to start this log on the light side. I'm stacking 2 caps of each to see how my body reacts. I take 2 AD & 1 AL when I first get up in the morning and 1 cap of AL 4-6 hours later. I really like this stack thus far. I'm focused, my appetite has been squashed, mood is good, my workouts have been really good and my sleep has been very deep. I'd say if anything, maybe a downtick in libido. I will go to 3 caps of each after a week.

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
I've decided to start this log on the light side. I'm stacking 2 caps of each to see how my body reacts. I take 2 AD & 1 AL when I first get up in the morning and 1 cap of AL 4-6 hours later. I really like this stack thus far. I'm focused, my appetite has been squashed, mood is good, my workouts have been really good and my sleep has been very deep. I'd say if anything, maybe a downtick in libido. I will go to 3 caps of each after a week.
I assume the AL is the original, have you considered running these back to back or like you are dosing now with the half and half each day for extended cycle? I'm just asking since they both have 5DHEA as the main ingredient. Either way sound like a cool little motivational/fat burning hootenanny :D

edvanp

edvanp

Awards
  • Established
I assume the AL is the original, have you considered running these back to back or like you are dosing now with the half and half each day for extended cycle? I'm just asking since they both have 5DHEA as the main ingredient. Either way sound like a cool little motivational/fat burning hootenanny :D
Yes, I'm actually thinking of staying at 2 caps per day of each and running this for an extended stack. I like how I feel on it now and you are right, this is the original version of AL.

Day 5: No sides to report.

edvanp

edvanp

Awards
  • Established
Week 1 Done
-Good week. I experimented with various dosages and to see what worked well and what didn't and what I found to be best for me was 2 AD & 1 AL first thing in the morning when I get up and 1 AL 4-6 hours later. This keeps my hunger in check, which is really the issue I have (like most everyone, I love to eat). A few observations:
-Mood Good, but I did get pissed off a couple of times and I was good and mad. That being said, I didn't feel out of control.
-Workouts. Solid, happy to be there, worked hard, Focused!
-Sleep. Very deep at night.
-Energy. Good, I seem to be getting more stuff done at work and at home.
-Libido. No change for the positive.
-Weight. I'm down a pound for the week.

Good thus far. With the light dosage I'm taking, I should be able to run this for a solid 8 weeks.

edvanp

edvanp

Awards
  • Established
Quick correction on the weight for the week, I'm actually down 2lbs. For today, I've dropped the AndroLean and am just using the AndroDrive. I think the AL was putting me in a bit of pissy mood so we'll see how today goes.

edvanp

edvanp

Awards
  • Established
The last 2 days I went with just AD and my mood was better but I didn't sleep as well. I struggled to fall asleep and stay asleep. Today I've once again added AL. I'm continuing to take AD at 3 caps a day and today, 2 caps of AL.

Mental focus continues to be very good. My appetite has fallen off, which is what I want and I don't crave anything. I'll see if adding the AL changes my mood today (makes me pissy once again).

Regarding my training, because of my schedule, I hit the gym twice a week. I'm doing full body workouts doggcrapp style. The disclaimer to this is for legs. I alternate between squats and deadlifts and don't do the "DC" when doing these, everything else (chest, back, arms) is "DC" Style. I usually finish up with 5-10 minutes on the "step-mill". I crank it up and usually go 50 flights of stairs at a pretty good pace. My heart rate is right around 150 when I'm done and I'm sweating like a pig. I feel like I had a workout when I'm done with this.

More updates in a few days.

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Primordial Performance Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If looking to lose weight, I would try adding cardio in more on the off days. DC is great, but it really is designed for putting on size.

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
The last 2 days I went with just AD and my mood was better but I didn't sleep as well. I struggled to fall asleep and stay asleep. Today I've once again added AL. I'm continuing to take AD at 3 caps a day and today, 2 caps of AL.

Mental focus continues to be very good. My appetite has fallen off, which is what I want and I don't crave anything. I'll see if adding the AL changes my mood today (makes me pissy once again).

Regarding my training, because of my schedule, I hit the gym twice a week. I'm doing full body workouts doggcrapp style. The disclaimer to this is for legs. I alternate between squats and deadlifts and don't do the "DC" when doing these, everything else (chest, back, arms) is "DC" Style. I usually finish up with 5-10 minutes on the "step-mill". I crank it up and usually go 50 flights of stairs at a pretty good pace. My heart rate is right around 150 when I'm done and I'm sweating like a pig. I feel like I had a workout when I'm done with this.

More updates in a few days.
I've had that problem with sleep with the dermacrine. It's like wake up at 2 or 3am and body's all LETS DO THIS. Must be the dhea?

edvanp

edvanp

Awards
  • Established
Hello Everyone-
Good sleep last night. I added the AL x 2 caps and that seemed to help alot. My mood was very good, not pissy, so I'm not sure what my issue was earlier in the week. I also weighed myself at the gym and it showed I was down 6lbs since the start? I pissed a lot yesterday so maybe some excess water.

My workout was good yesterday and I put together a nice intra-workout drink. In approx. 20oz of water, I added 1 scoop of the Cranberry MAP and 2 scoops of watermellon Xtend. Good flavor, not overpowering. I sipped it throughout the workout.

Heretostudy, I hear ya on the cardio but the days I can workout are limited right now due to my schedule. Mid-March that will change.

Solid stack thus far, I'm liking it!

68sauce

Awards
what is your pct plan?

asking because i am thinking about the same stack :33:

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hello Everyone-
Good sleep last night. I added the AL x 2 caps and that seemed to help alot. My mood was very good, not pissy, so I'm not sure what my issue was earlier in the week. I also weighed myself at the gym and it showed I was down 6lbs since the start? I pissed a lot yesterday so maybe some excess water.

My workout was good yesterday and I put together a nice intra-workout drink. In approx. 20oz of water, I added 1 scoop of the Cranberry MAP and 2 scoops of watermellon Xtend. Good flavor, not overpowering. I sipped it throughout the workout.

Heretostudy, I hear ya on the cardio but the days I can workout are limited right now due to my schedule. Mid-March that will change.

Solid stack thus far, I'm liking it!
Wow 6 pounds already nice...

kc777

kc777

Banned
Awards
That's crazy AL makes you pissy! When I ran it, even though it was only for 6 days, my mood was incredible! I noticed a positive mood change by the 3rd day. I was bummed I had to stop because it did increase motivation and well-being.

edvanp

edvanp

Awards
  • Established
That's crazy AL makes you pissy! When I ran it, even though it was only for 6 days, my mood was incredible! I noticed a positive mood change by the 3rd day. I was bummed I had to stop because it did increase motivation and well-being.
It had to be something else because I added it back to my stack and my mood has been fine. Not sure what triggered my moodiness but it's done.

edvanp

edvanp

Awards
  • Established
what is your pct plan?

asking because i am thinking about the same stack :33:
I will run DAA (TCF-1) and Sustain Alpha topical. Not sure I'll need anything more that that for this light of a cycle.

edvanp

edvanp

Awards
  • Established
Hello Everyone-
I'm down 4 pounds in a bit over 2 weeks. I've been using 3 AD & 2 AL but today I'm trying 5 AD & 2 AL. I played hockey a few days ago and it went quite well for me until my lower back went into spasms half way through the game. I was able to finish the game but the following day I had to visit the chiropractor. I have a return visit today and hope to be back in the weightroom tonight. Not sure about squats but we'll see.

I'm quite pleased with the weightloss thus far. I was hoping for 1-1.5lbs a week and I'm on target. I'm enjoying this stack. The mental clarity is quite good and what I really like is the discipline I have not to eat junk/crap food. Even though my workouts have been spotty I'm losing weight.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
In 2 c weight loss

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hello Everyone-
I'm down 4 pounds in a bit over 2 weeks. I've been using 3 AD & 2 AL but today I'm trying 5 AD & 2 AL. I played hockey a few days ago and it went quite well for me until my lower back went into spasms half way through the game. I was able to finish the game but the following day I had to visit the chiropractor. I have a return visit today and hope to be back in the weightroom tonight. Not sure about squats but we'll see.

I'm quite pleased with the weightloss thus far. I was hoping for 1-1.5lbs a week and I'm on target. I'm enjoying this stack. The mental clarity is quite good and what I really like is the discipline I have not to eat junk/crap food. Even though my workouts have been spotty I'm losing weight.
Nice update. I been telling myself to get back into hockey, but between work, trying to study to push my career, working out, having a GF, and the cost of equipment, it keeps getting pushed off.

edvanp

edvanp

Awards
  • Established
Hello Everyone-

A quick update. Weight is slowly coming off. I'm 3 1/2 weeks into this and down 5lbs. I'm down an inch on my waist from the start of this too. I've had a couple of very good workouts this past week and my diet is holding strong. I've been trying various doses, anywhere from 3-6 AD per day and 2-4 AL per day. I'd say 4 AD & 2 AL works well for me. What I'm consistently seeing thus far is:
-Mental focus, not mental fog, very nice!
-Good solid sleep at night.
-Good focus/aggression in the gym.
-Good stamina in my workouts
-discipline to stay on my diet as well as decrease in hunger

I'm not seeing any difference in libido, very neutral.

It looks like I have another 10-14 days worth of pills left if I stay at 4 & 2.

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hello Everyone-

A quick update. Weight is slowly coming off. I'm 3 1/2 weeks into this and down 5lbs. I'm down an inch on my waist from the start of this too. I've had a couple of very good workouts this past week and my diet is holding strong. I've been trying various doses, anywhere from 3-6 AD per day and 2-4 AL per day. I'd say 4 AD & 2 AL works well for me. What I'm consistently seeing thus far is:
-Mental focus, not mental fog, very nice!
-Good solid sleep at night.
-Good focus/aggression in the gym.
-Good stamina in my workouts
-discipline to stay on my diet as well as decrease in hunger

I'm not seeing any difference in libido, very neutral.

It looks like I have another 10-14 days worth of pills left if I stay at 4 & 2.
Sounds great bud, how are things lately?

edvanp

edvanp

Awards
  • Established
Hello Everyone- Sorry for the lack of updates. I'm almost done and getting ready to wrap things up. This has gone extremely well and I'm happy with my results. I've got a couple more days left and will post a final review by the end of the week. Nothing negative to report at this time. Weight is down 6lbs from start.

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hello Everyone- Sorry for the lack of updates. I'm almost done and getting ready to wrap things up. This has gone extremely well and I'm happy with my results. I've got a couple more days left and will post a final review by the end of the week. Nothing negative to report at this time. Weight is down 6lbs from start.
Nice, look forward to final update!

edvanp

edvanp

Awards
  • Established
Final Review:

I ran this for 5 weeks. Normal dosage during this time was 4xAD and 2xAL. I did up the dose of AD to 6 caps for a while but I didn't find any real advantage of this over the 4 caps.

Pros:
Weight loss: -6lbs. I did clean up my diet but I didn't drastically cut calories
Mental Fog/Alertness: Brain fog was gone, noticeable mental sharpness
Sleep: Much improved and much deeper.
Workouts: Good aggression in the gym, very focused!
Appetite: Not nearly as hungry as normal and when I did eat, I didn't want to eat junk/bad food

No Change:
Libido: Didn't notice any difference, negative or positive

Negative:
Headache: Some mornings I would have a dull headache for an hour or two after taking these.

Final Thoughts:
I really liked the mental improvement it made for me. I had no problems recalling names, events, etc and it seems like the older I get, the more this has become an issue. The weight-loss was nice and the deep sleep for me was great! A couple of times I took AD solo and didn't sleep nearly as well as when I also took the AL.

A very good stack, especially if one is looking to cut/recomp. I'd love to give this another shot in the future when the new version of AndroLean comes out!