Andromass... Advert a TAD miss leading?

Collateral

Collateral

Awards
Okay i may be just being a complete d**k here, but i just saw an advert for andro-mass... now on the image it has the back of Ronnie Coleman... (I am 99.9% sure it is, anyone would know that back if they are into bodybuilding...have a look for yourself and decide, image/advert below)

Im sure andromass works well and is 'reasonably' priced in comparison to some products, but using a picture that is in no way related to the company (IF Ronnie Coleman is related to Primordial Performance then i HUGELY apologize) would put many people off, and also surely provide a false image of what the product can do... Me personally wouldnt buy that product because its being falsely advertised... showing a back of this size says to me, you are saying your product will get you that big....

Now i know there will be many people that just tell me to shut up... but IMO its wrong to use an image like that because you wouldn't get that big on it, and its non related...

Am i being a panicky twat? Or is there a point?

Ryan

AndroHard (Custom).jpg

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
It's days gain 8-12lbs not that you're going to be that big. Every company uses guys that are built like that. U want them to show a skinny shrimp guy then would u be more likely to buy there product?

warsteiner

Awards
  • Established
TBH I don't see a problem as there is no mention that you would get a back like that when using the product. I have more of a problem with the claims that people can gain 8-12 lbs of solid mass as this is only going to be the case with a good diet/training programme. Maybe it is just something that has gone on for so long with all adverts (not just for supps) that I am now immune to it.

I suppose it's similar to the air brushing debate that is going on in the UK at the moment with a Julia Roberts advert - http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2011/jul/28/airbrushing-loreal-adverts-jo-swinson. 99% of people know that all adverts are photoshopped and generally unrealistic but people still think that some adverts step over the mark.

With all supp adverts promising that their product can increase muscle/reduce bodyfat, etc. I have just become so tainted that I ignore them and rely on lots of non-sponsored logs before I'll even consider buying the product.

dannyn2007

Awards
It's days gain 8-12lbs not that you're going to be that big. Every company uses guys that are built like that. U want them to show a skinny shrimp guy then would u be more likely to buy there product?
^^^
Agreed. when it comes down to it tho, its money and business in my opinion.

Collateral

Collateral

Awards
@Warsteiner

You're right, everything nower days is completely miss leading, and a vast amount of supplements do the same thing, i think IMO it puts people off making claims like that.

If it were me, i would send the product out into the market as a 'trail' a little cheaper than normal price, as most companies do, and then get people who buy them to log their progress (Like on AM) and provide photos of before and after to be used as advertising. No false crap, or random photos, send the user to this forum and get them to read the FACTS about how good a product is. Surely the most obvious way?

Anyway i know regardless of 'all the hype' and photos, all bodybuilders and trainers alike are just going to stick to what they know works, despite a picture of a skinny guy or a massive guy.

If it aint broke why fix it?

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Welcome to the world of marketing and advertising, it's done by everybody. Take a look at the banner ads here at AM and you'll find at least three or four that advertise in the same way. It's just good business to associate your company with a bodybuilders body, seeing as how that's what your target audience wants. Heck, if beer commercials can advertise with bikini clad women or hair gel commercials can throw in an orgasm inducing aspect, why can't a supp company do the same.

dannyn2007

Awards
if you are mad at pp, you should hate muscletech for there ads lol....probaly one of the worst.

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
^^Lol! I wondered when they would enter this discussion!

dannyn2007

Awards
there anabolic vitakic or whatever this call it. lol................muscletech trying to make it sound like there multi vitamin is a steriod or something lol

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
dont be mad cause you aint swole bro. the add says what you can gain. it doesnt say "look at this mans back. it could be yours". this is PP, not muscletech. get real man

dannyn2007

Awards
No one is comparing muscletech and pp! I said if you dont like pp ad, then look at muscletech.

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
This whole thread is rhetorical.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Muscletech definitely set the bar high, like Jerry Springer high.

Jorsn

Awards
  • Established
I agree with the OP... The flashy advertisement isn't needed. If the product works, Then it works. Showing pictures of Ronnie Colemans back or Matt Porter isn't going to make me want to try your product... If anything it pushes me away because it looks like you're trying WAY too hard. Keep it simple PP... We don't need you to tell us how much money/hours you put into androseries, or show pictures of gigantic bodybuilders... Just keep the advertising simple. Honestly I think it's worse than those commercials "Lose 30lbs in 30 days".

Jorsn

Awards
  • Established
dont be mad cause you aint swole bro. the add says what you can gain. it doesnt say "look at this mans back. it could be yours". this is PP, not muscletech. get real man
The OP gives his opinion and you come in here in insult him? You get real, Man. Just because you disagree with his opinion, And that's what it really is, An opinion, Doesn't mean you have to be a dick and say "Don't be mad cause you aint swole bro"... Really? Being a rep on here I would expect you to have a little bit more class. But then again PP reps are the only reps I know that have class and can take a bashing but yet still be respective even when someone is being a complete d*ckh*ad. I give BigBlackGuy, HTS and Rodja sh*t all the time but they never insult me when I bust their balls on their product.

VikingBP

Awards
I have to say that the ad is pretty low rent. The only misleading part is that it misleads me into thinking that PP is full of **** and just like all of the other companies that make outrageous claims. The fact is however, that PP is an outstanding company and everything I've gotten from them has worked well*. They are a progressive company; the way they innovate sets them apart from the crowd. So when they have ads like this I really think it sets them back alot in my opinion. The other ads I've seen for the Andro series aren't quite as bad, but I don't know that seeing Eric wearing a fleece jacket with a pen behind his ear does a whole lot for me.

*Including AndroMass! I did gain that much weight, I don't look bloated, and I blew past all of my personal records.

Jahcuree

I have to say that the ad is pretty low rent. The only misleading part is that it misleads me into thinking that PP is full of **** and just like all of the other companies that make outrageous claims. The fact is however, that PP is an outstanding company and everything I've gotten from them has worked well*. They are a progressive company; the way they innovate sets them apart from the crowd. So when they have ads like this I really think it sets them back alot in my opinion. The other ads I've seen for the Andro series aren't quite as bad, but I don't know that seeing Eric wearing a fleece jacket with a pen behind his ear does a whole lot for me.

*Including AndroMass! I did gain that much weight, I don't look bloated, and I blew past all of my personal records.
Awesome bro, how long was you cycle? Also the company does money back guarantee satisfaction right? which is pretty awesome if you ask me

Jahcuree

Yes, we do:)
Im honestly thinking of grabbing a bottle and running a 4 weeker in 2 months, The only thing holding me back at the moment is my girlfriend would be PISSED if i added 8-12 lbs of mass to my frame. hahaha

And obviously she would know i took something...

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Im honestly thinking of grabbing a bottle and running a 4 weeker in 2 months, The only thing holding me back at the moment is my girlfriend would be PISSED if i added 8-12 lbs of mass to my frame. hahaha

She really likes it, just doesn't admit it lol

kc777

kc777

Banned
Awards
She really likes it, just doesn't admit it lol
Hahahaha! So true! I find it funny when girls look at the magazines and say, "eww!", yet girls will always ask to feel your arms. Ever see a girl walk up to a fat dude and say, "hi, can I squeeze your gut?" Lol

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Primordial Performance Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hahahaha! So true! I find it funny when girls look at the magazines and say, "eww!", yet girls will always ask to feel your arms. Ever see a girl walk up to a fat dude and say, "hi, can I squeeze your gut?" Lol
Haha, exactly. My girl "doesn't want me to get bigger," but never complains when I add some size. :)

Jahcuree

when i was dirty bulking and got a little chub in the gut area my girl used to love to touch my stomach and rub it HAHAHA.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established

Is it because you're so massive already that your girlfriend thinks you shouldn't try and put anymore mass on that macho frame? lol

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Alot of girls say "I don't want you to get bigger", than cant stop touching you when you do.
I find this very true... I live in Japan. I remember b4 when I was single I wasn't even looking half as big as I appear now but the girls would be like "eeewww, you look like some cartoon character..." then they'd be like "omg your arms and chest are so huge!! Can I touch, can I see?" I was like... wtfs!!! I really don't like the attn... I like looking huge so that no one talks to me hahah.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
Alot of girls say "I don't want you to get bigger", than cant stop touching you when you do.
Nice! Hahaha! I'm just kiddin' with ya'll ;) I got past the point of caring much anymore, ya know? I started bulking again, but I'm keeping it clean to keep the fat off and soon I'll be adding in Ursobolic along with the other goodies.

Hey HereToStudy, I had a REALLY interesting question that I would like to discuss with you about your Androseries products. It's an idea for using them that I want to run by you. Can you email me please at forceofgreen at gmail dot com?

The other thing I wanted to ask you is about Phyto Test. What's the consensus for it's appetite increasing capabilities? Is this effect common? Do you guys have any sample sizes that I may try for a few days? I am planning on running it shortly anyways, but if you have a few samples or whatnot, that'd be greatly appreciated ;)

Jahcuree

Is it because you're so massive already that your girlfriend thinks you shouldn't try and put anymore mass on that macho frame? lol
No, i think im small. but are you saying my frame is not macho?? haha

But she does love it when i bulk and store more fat in my midsection. chicks are wierd man.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
No, i think im small. but are you saying my frame is not macho?? haha

But she does love it when i bulk and store more fat in my midsection. chicks are wierd man.
Hahaha! I feel ya on that bro. Just don't let 'em know that you're goal is to get a bit bigger. Women tend to have not only distorted self images, but a lot of times they also have distorted, projected images of others. You can say that you want to gain a few more lbs and an image of Arnold Schwarzenegger will likely pop into their head. lol. Oh well. I say just do what you want and keep them guessing. ;)

Yeah and the thing with them liking the midsection a bit puffier, I don't get that either! lol.

Jahcuree

Hahaha! I feel ya on that bro. Just don't let 'em know that you're goal is to get a bit bigger. Women tend to have not only distorted self images, but a lot of times they also have distorted, projected images of others. You can say that you want to gain a few more lbs and an image of Arnold Schwarzenegger will likely pop into their head. lol. Oh well. I say just do what you want and keep them guessing. ;)

Yeah and the thing with them liking the midsection a bit puffier, I don't get that either! lol.
Haha so true mayne, we will see how i respond, hopefully 8lbs and i can act like it was a 2lb gain ;)

DPadilla1981

Awards
Growth and increase in Size is relative to what you looked like before taking the product. If you are already jacked before taking it then yor back very well may look like that after taking it, and thus it would be correct to say AM contributed to a freaky back. There's not one product that will take you to the point of that model. But its impractical to hold companies to the standard you are trying to. What are they supposed to do, put a disclaimer at the bottom? "Please be advised. To achieve results as depicted, user must consume 2 grams per protein per lb of body weight, as well as get 8 hrs of sleep per night, utilize an appropriate vitamin/amino stack, in conjunction with a rigorous workout regimen so on and so forth..." not gonna happen.

I can attest that with a little bit of common sense and work ethic you can put on 8-15 lbs with AM. I did and I couldn't be happier, despite not looking like Ronnie after my cycle.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Growth and increase in Size is relative to what you looked like before taking the product. If you are already jacked before taking it then yor back very well may look like that after taking it, and thus it would be correct to say AM contributed to a freaky back. There's not one product that will take you to the point of that model. But its impractical to hold companies to the standard you are trying to. What are they supposed to do, put a disclaimer at the bottom? "Please be advised. To achieve results as depicted, user must consume 2 grams per protein per lb of body weight, as well as get 8 hrs of sleep per night, utilize an appropriate vitamin/amino stack, in conjunction with a rigorous workout regimen so on and so forth..." not gonna happen.

I can attest that with a little bit of common sense and work ethic you can put on 8-15 lbs with AM. I did and I couldn't be happier, despite not looking like Ronnie after my cycle.

You can put on 8-12 pounds without AndroMass. And why did it suddenly go up 3 pounds?. 2 grams of protein per pound of body weight is a little much also. Of course you have to workout and eat right. That is a given. If that disclaimer were there though some idiots would of course change there diet and exercise program and get everything down. Then they would start to gain and think its the AndroMass and not the change in diet. I've posted that I have this viewpoint before. When a supplement doesn't do what it claims company reps claim it is the diet and exercise routine the person is following. The customer all of a sudden changes everything and gains start coming and they think it is the supplement. Not saying AM doesn't work just trying to prove a point vaguely related to the original post.