Androlean, 5DHEA and estrogen conversion

BurghHardcore

Awards
  • Established
Hello All,

I will post these questions here b/c they are being ignored on PP's forum. Another memeber on the forum posted some interesting statements/questions and they have not been answered yet. They are below, we would all much appreciate some sort of reply to these:

"I think your concern could be valid. 5-DHEA converts to estrogen as well as testosterone. In fact it has two chances to convert to estrogen, both from Androstenedione to estrone and from testosterone to Estradiol.

The old Dermacrine incorporated 7,8 benzoflavone and chrysin which are mild aromatase inhibitors which, to a certain extent, limited this conversion. There seems to be no aromatase inhibitors in the new formula though.

Furthermore 5-Dhea seems to have some affinity for the estrogen receptor without conversion to estrogen.

I should mention though that 7-Dhea doesnt convert to estrogen so you can ignore this part for the purposes of worrying about estrogen side effects.

According to the supplement facts there is 153mg of 5-Dhea. No aromatase inhibitors, and, if the write up is accurate a better delivery method.

In summary this seems to add together to give a potential for estrogenic sides. I havent seen the quote from Eric about the 72mg per day max for 5-Dhea but I will take your word for it. If this is the case, then you are getting double this dose advised as "good" by Eric, with more entering your bloodstream and no protection from aromatisation.

I would think at the very least you would want to consider taking an Aromatase inhibitor with this but given 5-Dheas effects directly on the estrogen receptor this in itself may not be sufficient to stop the estrogenic side effects if you are prone to this.

That said, it would seem strange that this could be missed given the knowledge of the PP guys so perhaps there is something missing from the equation here?"

and this:

"I recall seeing a post about the old dermacrine topical in which Eric said "I wouldn’t go over 5 pumps a day or you risk getting too high of DHEA levels which would likely just give you anxiety, restlessness and maybe some estrogenic sides."

The amount of DHEA in 5 pumps of dermacrine was 72mg, and the LV was near the same IIRC. Androlean is the same form of DHEA, but with an enanthate ester, and its dosed over 200mg a day. Given the increased absorption and bio-availability, why shouldnt we expect to see an increased likelihood of those sides?"

Could these concerns please be addressed? I may be a complete idiot and missed something somewhere in the writeups, but I didn't see a response to these anywhere.

The closest I've seen to a response, and not in direct response to these issues, has been "estrogenic sides or issues should not be a concern with AL". That doesn't quite get the job done for me, and obviously others. Would I also need an AI while taking this?

GQNemesis

GQNemesis

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The amount of DHEA in 5 pumps of dermacrine was 72mg, and the LV was near the same IIRC. Androlean is the same form of DHEA, but with an enanthate ester, and its dosed over 200mg a day. Given the increased absorption and bio-availability, why shouldnt we expect to see an increased likelihood of those sides?"
this is from there write up of 1-t

The benefits of high dose DHEA could be compared to a moderate dose of injectable testosterone. On the other hand, 1-androsterone could be compared to the anabolic steroid Anavar, Primobolan, or Masteron all of which produce solid gains of ripped, hard, lean muscle.

BurghHardcore

Awards
  • Established
Those are not my words, those are taken from a post by someone else on another forum. While on PP's writeup it says the possibility for estrogenic sides are low, I'm just curious as to how/why the possibility is so low. Is there something in the conversion that makes it more favorable to test rather than to aromatize? I didn't see anything. I'm simply inquiring as to the estrogenic capability of this product and wanting to know so that steps can be taken by myself and others to mitigate any high rate of estrogen conversion. I'd rather not take an AI while using this just for the sake of simplicity, but I will if I have to. IMO, with all the studies that went into these products these should be relatively easy questions to address, yet they have not been addressed at all.

GQNemesis

GQNemesis

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Those are not my words, those are taken from a post by someone else on another forum. While on PP's writeup it says the possibility for estrogenic sides are low, I'm just curious as to how/why the possibility is so low. Is there something in the conversion that makes it more favorable to test rather than to aromatize? I didn't see anything. I'm simply inquiring as to the estrogenic capability of this product and wanting to know so that steps can be taken by myself and others to mitigate any high rate of estrogen conversion. I'd rather not take an AI while using this just for the sake of simplicity, but I will if I have to. IMO, with all the studies that went into these products these should be relatively easy questions to address, yet they have not been addressed at all.
I hear ya, I had couple of questions went to PP chat , a rep introduces himself .. When I asked a question he didn't knew the answer he just left the chat .. So I understand where you coming from. Hopefully some1 will chime in the $.02

BurghHardcore

Awards
  • Established
I hear ya, I had couple of questions went to PP chat , a rep introduces himself .. When I asked a question he didn't knew the answer he just left the chat .. So I understand where you coming from. Hopefully some1 will chime in the $.02
Wow, that's a bummer! One of the things that has been consistent with PP was their customer service. That's crazy!

Eric Potratz

Eric Potratz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Who where you talking too? And when did this happen?

-Eric

Eric Potratz

Eric Potratz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Hello All,

I will post these questions here b/c they are being ignored on PP's forum. Another memeber on the forum posted some interesting statements/questions and they have not been answered yet. They are below, we would all much appreciate some sort of reply to these:

"I think your concern could be valid. 5-DHEA converts to estrogen as well as testosterone. In fact it has two chances to convert to estrogen, both from Androstenedione to estrone and from testosterone to Estradiol.

The old Dermacrine incorporated 7,8 benzoflavone and chrysin which are mild aromatase inhibitors which, to a certain extent, limited this conversion. There seems to be no aromatase inhibitors in the new formula though.

Furthermore 5-Dhea seems to have some affinity for the estrogen receptor without conversion to estrogen.

I should mention though that 7-Dhea doesnt convert to estrogen so you can ignore this part for the purposes of worrying about estrogen side effects.

According to the supplement facts there is 153mg of 5-Dhea. No aromatase inhibitors, and, if the write up is accurate a better delivery method.

In summary this seems to add together to give a potential for estrogenic sides. I havent seen the quote from Eric about the 72mg per day max for 5-Dhea but I will take your word for it. If this is the case, then you are getting double this dose advised as "good" by Eric, with more entering your bloodstream and no protection from aromatisation.

I would think at the very least you would want to consider taking an Aromatase inhibitor with this but given 5-Dheas effects directly on the estrogen receptor this in itself may not be sufficient to stop the estrogenic side effects if you are prone to this.

That said, it would seem strange that this could be missed given the knowledge of the PP guys so perhaps there is something missing from the equation here?"

and this:

"I recall seeing a post about the old dermacrine topical in which Eric said "I wouldn’t go over 5 pumps a day or you risk getting too high of DHEA levels which would likely just give you anxiety, restlessness and maybe some estrogenic sides."

Could these concerns please be addressed? I may be a complete idiot and missed something somewhere in the writeups, but I didn't see a response to these anywhere.

The closest I've seen to a response, and not in direct response to these issues, has been "estrogenic sides or issues should not be a concern with AL". That doesn't quite get the job done for me, and obviously others. Would I also need an AI while taking this?
I just got that post, and made this reply in our forum -

Part of the side effects I was speaking of would have been coming from the pregnenolone in Dermacrine which amplifies the neurostimulatory effect and theoretically increases the chance of gyno from the increased progesterone and subsequent reduction in 5a-reduced metabolites. Doubling or tripling the dose of Dermacrine just wasnt something we where comfortable with at the time.

We actually had several users end up doubling and tripping the dose on Dermacrine and not seeing any gyno. In fact in the 4 years we sold Dermacrine we probably had less than 5 people report itchy nipples and it was usually linked to some other factor. Since AndroLean doesnt have the progesterone, its even less likely to cause estrogenic effects because it will have a higher androgenic potency. Androgens counter estrogenic sides.

The anxiety effect is user dependent and seems to become more manageable after several weeks. Sometimes this effect doesn't manifest as "anxiety" but instead is noticed as a feeling of "well being" or something positive. In me, its the feeling of "I need to get my ass up and do something". This is known as the sigma-1 effect which is considered one of the benefits of the product. If you dont want this effect you would be better off with AndroHard or Mass.

Also, the disproportionate increase in estrogen from DHEA is a myth. Ive never seen this effect in men or women. Androgens always seem to increase more than estrogen metabolites.

I took a quick snip it from this study (1600mg/day 5-DHEA) -

Dehydroepiandrosterone reduces serum low density lipoprotein levels and body fat but does not alter insulin sensitivity in normal men.
Nestler JE, et al.
J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1988 Jan;66(1):57-61.

You can see -

Total T + 13%
E2 - 12%
Adione + 100%
E1 + 20%.

So essentially, we feel safe with the DHEA being ran solo at a high dose. We do not see a risk for gyno with this formula.

-Eric

BurghHardcore

Awards
  • Established
Thank you Eric for the reply. That's all I was looking for was a minor explanation to see where you stand on those issues.

kevinhy

kevinhy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah, some of those posts were from me, and Erics response more than cleared up any confusion.

Thanks man!