Allergic reaction to dermacrine topical?

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I had an issue using the Dermacrine topical lotion. I used it for 2-3 days, and during that time developed a rash/irritation on the area I applied it. It started getting really itchy, and then a rash developed.

Are there any recommendations on how to remediate the allergic reaction, or am I just an unlucky SOB with bad body chemistry? I have the 1 open tube plus another sitting in my stash, so I'd rather not waste good product!

Thanks!

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I had an issue using the Dermacrine topical lotion. I used it for 2-3 days, and during that time developed a rash/irritation on the area I applied it. It started getting really itchy, and then a rash developed.

Are there any recommendations on how to remediate the allergic reaction, or am I just an unlucky SOB with bad body chemistry? I have the 1 open tube plus another sitting in my stash, so I'd rather not waste good product!

Thanks!
hhhmmm i honestly dont know brother.. Ive never had problems with topicals so i cant speak from experience, the others reps may have some ideas. Maybe try exfoliating the area then using a lotion before or after?

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Thanks!
Interesting. I'm with Josh on that I have had no "allergic" reactions from using topicals and not heard much about anyone else having them.

Could it be possible that you have a "sweat rash"? For example, the Dermacrine was not completely dried when you put your clothes on, and when you sweated, your clothing rubbed on your skin and caused a reaction?

I will see if I can get Eric to comment on this for you.

~Rosie~
The Primordial Woman

HATEFULone

HATEFULone

Awards
  • Established
What area did you apply it to? Try avoiding that area and applying to others, if you still develop a rash on other areas then let a rep know, they are a stand up company and I'm sure will work something out with you.

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What area did you apply it to? Try avoiding that area and applying to others, if you still develop a rash on other areas then let a rep know, they are a stand up company and I'm sure will work something out with you.

Exactly what hatefulone said, keep us informed and we will make things right and get it taken care of for you. :cheers:

mw1

mw1

Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've heard of a couple "allergic " reactions with various topicals but they are really not common at all. What area are you applying it to? While some recommend areas than are "thinner"(tops of feet, inner biceps, etc), you may have to try a different location. I've found with Napalm I had to switch the area up every 5 or 6 days or it would kind of get irritated for 30-45 minutes after applying

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Thanks!
After asking around, a response from another member of the team:
Yes, Its possible to have contact dermatitis from almost anything. I'd continue using for a couple of days; and if it continues or worsens stop using the topical. If a day or 2 after discontinuing usage you're skin clears up, and begins to improve, then you know what the culprit was: contact dermatitis .

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've used Dermacrine on the upper torso, chest, shoulders area. I allowed time to dry and all, really it's through the day that it gets quite irritated. It was after the 3rd day of itching that red bumps and "burning" started to appear.

I've used other topicals like eviscerate and dermatherm on the ab/oblique/back area with no problems.

So, if I want to do 4-5 pumps, where should I apply? Tops of feet, inner thigh, somewhere else? I'm just cautious, I don't want to get a rash in "certain" areas.

And thanks for the replies, PP is a solid company.

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
After asking around, a response from another member of the team:
That sounds like it, contact dermatitis. After I stopped using it, it got better and cleared up over a few days.

So it sounds like I'd have a problem regardless of where I apply it then? Bad chemistry? It really sucked!

So, anyone want a slightly used bottle of Dermacrine Topical and a new one?

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That sounds like it, contact dermatitis. After I stopped using it, it got better and cleared up over a few days.

So it sounds like I'd have a problem regardless of where I apply it then? Bad chemistry? It really sucked!
Sucks, but at least you know what caused the reaction.

Vegking

Awards
there has been a few people that have a reaction. I am one of them. I was glad the LV formula's came along.

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
there has been a few people that have a reaction. I am one of them. I was glad the LV formula's came along.
Yeah, wish I knew that before buying them...

I actually found a way to apply it that doesn't lead to rashes. I put it on the tops of my feet, thighs, inner arm, and abs. I don't get a rash in these areas, just chest/shoulders/unmentionables :08:.