DAA and the prostate

BBB

BBB

Awards
  • Established
Although it seemingly made no sense at the time, I noticed that after about 14 days into my DAA cycle that I began getting up twice each night to use the bathroom. Once a night is normal but never twice even when drinking a lot of fluids prior to bedtime. I also had to “go” more frequently during the day and my volume and stream seemed much weaker. I promptly stopped my cycle and began doing some research. I found this article that seems to indicate that there are NMDA receptors in the prostate. My guess is that DAA stimulated prolific activity of these receptors causing prostate enlargement (BPH) increasing my need to urinate more frequently than normal.

Abstract
Expression of the N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor (NMDAr) and its involvement in cellular proliferation is well-known in tumors of neuronal tissue, such as glioma and neuroblastoma. We have investigated NMDAr expression in the normal, hyperplastic and neoplastic human prostate by immunohistochemistry. Low stromal NMDAr immunostaining was observed in 2 of 12 (17%) normal prostate specimens, but epithelial NMDAr staining was not seen. Of 18 benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) specimens, none had stromal NMDAr staining, but 2 had low and 1 had high epithelial NMDAr immunoreactivity. Moderate to high NMDAr immunostaining was observed in the stroma of 60 of 145 (41%) prostate cancer (PCa) specimens. Epithelial NMDAr staining was low in 26 (18%) and moderate to high in 36 (25%) of 145 PCa specimens. We have also examined the effects of the NMDAr antagonist memantine on the growth of ten human cancer cell lines: four prostate, two breast and four colon. The NMDAr antagonist memantine inhibited in-vitro growth of all ten cell lines, with half-maximal growth-inhibition at 5 to 20 μg/ml (23 to 92 μM) memantine. An NMDA agonist, L-cysteinesulfinic acid, stimulated cellular proliferation of all ten cell lines, with maximal growth-stimulation (30% to 75%, depending on the cell line) observed between doses of 33 to 66 μM. Our data provide evidence for the expression and activity of NMDAr in prostate cancer.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Yes, there is also other literature that suggests some men do have NMDAr in the prostate.

However, DAA is typically used in 12 day cycles - i.e. 12 days on, 12 days off. The frequent urination you are experiencing could be do to longer exposure to the amino acid. Unless I'm somehow interpreting your post wrong.

Some stinging nettle ought to help, as should taking a break from TCF-1.

fanzdslpwr

Awards
  • Established
DAA is not typically used in 12 day cycles. primordial is the only company recommending this approach. If you don't no what you are talking about you need not to respond

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
DAA is not typically used in 12 day cycles. primordial is the only company recommending this approach. If you don't no what you are talking about you need not to respond
Your animosity is entirely unnecessary. Primordial recommends the 12 day cycle length as that is what is supported in the original literature, D’Aniello et al. 2009.

If prostate troubles arise during cycles longer than 12 days, as BBB's post suggests is the case herein, then this would further advocate the use of DAA in short, cyclical pulses.

BBB

BBB

Awards
  • Established
My prostate concerns were confirmed my PSA went from 0.8 several months ago to 1.85 last week. The only change was two weeks of DAA.