Just got some naltrexone - AnabolicMinds.com

Just got some naltrexone

1. Advanced Member

Thumbs up Just got some naltrexone

Eric I read your article and it intrigued me. I researched the hell out of naltrexone and I have a point I would like to bring up.

There are two schools of thought on using naltrexone. Correct me if I am wrong but you are recommending 25-50mgs of Naltrexone is this correct?

A lot of the research I am coming across recommends a lower dose and I will explain why.

From what I am finding 25-50mgs does not raise endorphin levels any more than 3-4.5mgs.

The benefit of the lower dose is...............

At 25-50 mgs the naltrexone blocks the opioid receptors from the increased endorphins for a periods of 7 half lives. The half life is 4 hours so that would be roughly 28 hours.

Again from my research, and this research is based on people using LDN (low dose naltrexone) for everything from autoimmune diseases to HIV and cancer with great results. Endorphins affect the endocrine system as well as the immune system and with LDN the receptors are blocked but only for roughly 4 hours. The 200-300% increase in endorphin production lasts over 24 hours however.

So I plan on using my naltrexone at 3mgs. It is actually a less is better type drug based on what I am finding. Both doses increase endorphins 200-300% but the lower dosage only blocks opioid receptors for 3-4 hours.

Thoughts?

2. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.

Not to be confused with naloxone lol. Just had to google it to make sure it wasn't a trade name.
  3. Advanced Member

oh snap. We are talking about 2 different drugs. They perform the same function though. I believe the difference is naltrexone is oral and long acting and naloxone is injectable and short acting so I guess that answers my questions.

25-50mgs of naloxone injected or 3-4.5mgs of naltrexone orally.
    •   

4. Advanced Member

Actually just re-read the article and still the recommended dosage is 25-50mg of the oral version.

I recommend possibly rethinking this dosage. Check all the info on LDN and you may agree or possibly disagree with me.
  5. Advanced Member

Naloxone is commonly used for fast opiate detox. They give the patient a tranquilizer and naloxone and when they wake up their opioid receptors are clean.
  6. Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey851 View Post
    Naloxone is commonly used for fast opiate detox. They give the patient a tranquilizer and naloxone and when they wake up their opioid receptors are clean.
    Its also used for overdoses too. I think that is common knowledge. I am talking about something totally different. I am talking about naltrexone and the article on PP's website.
  7. Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by lozgod View Post
    Its also used for overdoses too. I think that is common knowledge. I am talking about something totally different. I am talking about naltrexone and the article on PP's website.
    Yeah it probably is common knowledge. I just read that article; that's interesting. I guess that's why there is a correlation between opioid abuse and low testosterone levels.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-23-2010, 06:05 AM