Will 1T still cause hairloss if using propecia?

superone

Awards
  • Established
If im using Propecia, will 1T still cause hairloss? Isnt 1T already reduced DHT meaning propecia will do nothing to stop the hairloss?

Thanks.

Eric Potratz

Eric Potratz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
If im using Propecia, will 1T still cause hairloss? Isnt 1T already reduced DHT meaning propecia will do nothing to stop the hairloss?

Thanks.
Yes that is correct... but keep in mind 1-androsterone is weaker than DHT because of its modifications.

-Eric

superone

Awards
  • Established
Yes that is correct... but keep in mind 1-androsterone is weaker than DHT because of its modifications.

-Eric

Thanks Eric, if i were toi try some, would i need a PCT or would your formastene be enough?

Also, could i stay on your formastene low dose, long term if im using propecia?

BurghHardcore

Awards
  • Established
Keep in mind they have also included Pregnenelone in the 1-T formula which competes with for the 5-AR receptor. I would advise using some Saw Palmetto on cycle as well to try and help with this. I've heard that PP's Toco-8 helps too. I will be using both on my upcoming 1-t cycle in a couple months. I'm a little scared too bro, I seem to have the same hairline as all the men on my mothers side of the family. Which isn't bald by any means, but like III in the picture in the link.

http://img.medscape.com/fullsize/migrated/410/576/smj9307.02.fig1.jpg

What do you think PP...am I f*ct?

superone

Awards
  • Established
I'll be honest with you, and i know its probabbly not possible but im trying to get the same benefits DHT has or similar even though im blocking it with propecia. Saw Palmetto was worse for me than propecia for some reason.

Im talking about the benefits it has on metabolism, energy, and that alpha male feeling, drive, focus, clear mind, clarity of thought,ect.

BurghHardcore

Awards
  • Established
I'll be honest with you, and i know its probabbly not possible but im trying to get the same benefits DHT has or similar even though im blocking it with propecia. Saw Palmetto was worse for me than propecia for some reason.

Im talking about the benefits it has on metabolism, energy, and that alpha male feeling, drive, focus, clear mind, clarity of thought,ect.
In what ways was Saw Palmetto worse for you? I've never supplemented with Saw Palmetto, but think it's a good idea to do on cycle given my hairline situation.

superone

Awards
  • Established
In what ways was Saw Palmetto worse for you? I've never supplemented with Saw Palmetto, but think it's a good idea to do on cycle given my hairline situation.

It seemed to give me itchy nipples when i tried it once a while back before i even tried propecia. I hate propecia too thats why i wanted to know if using low dose formastene would be okay to help balance out the estrogen to androgen ratio.

Eric?

Eric Potratz

Eric Potratz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Thanks Eric, if i were toi try some, would i need a PCT or would your formastene be enough?

Also, could i stay on your formastene low dose, long term if im using propecia?
Formestane is not for PCT. Its a steroid and it can interfere with your recovery.

The TRS is what you should use.

Eric Potratz

Eric Potratz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Keep in mind they have also included Pregnenelone in the 1-T formula which competes with for the 5-AR receptor. I would advise using some Saw Palmetto on cycle as well to try and help with this. I've heard that PP's Toco-8 helps too. I will be using both on my upcoming 1-t cycle in a couple months. I'm a little scared too bro, I seem to have the same hairline as all the men on my mothers side of the family. Which isn't bald by any means, but like III in the picture in the link.

http://img.medscape.com/fullsize/migrated/410/576/smj9307.02.fig1.jpg

What do you think PP...am I f*ct?
True too... preg will help limit 5a metabolites from the DHEA.. thus reducing the hair loss risk.

People haven't really complained of hair loss from 1-T. I think you should be fine.

-Eric

superone

Awards
  • Established
True too... preg will help limit 5a metabolites from the DHEA.. thus reducing the hair loss risk.

People haven't really complained of hair loss from 1-T. I think you should be fine.

-Eric

Thanks Eric, is there anyway you can make a 1T without the DHEA, Pregnenolone, and suglarose/artificial sweeteners? I just dont do good on any Preg/DHEA.

Also, does 1T reduce estrogen at all or have anti-estrogen effects?

BurghHardcore

Awards
  • Established
Thanks Eric, is there anyway you can make a 1T without the DHEA, Pregnenolone, and suglarose/artificial sweeteners? I just dont do good on any Preg/DHEA.

1T does not aromatize, so you should not have any estrogenic side effects from the 1T itself. However, anytime you do any type of hormonal manipulation there is a chance of some type of negative side effects occuring. Some users (I will be doing this as well w/ the new Formestane LV) have an AI on hand during their cycle just to be safe. Hell, and if you end up not needing it on-cycle you can run it as a standalone down the road :439:\

Also might want to look into running Sustain Alpha on cycle (3 on 4 off) to help control estrogen and keep libido up as well.

superone

Awards
  • Established
Thanks, im actually thinking about using low dose formastene to control estrogen while using propecia. Im not using propecia again right now but am thinking about it. This should be safe right?

BurghHardcore

Awards
  • Established
Thanks, im actually thinking about using low dose formastene to control estrogen while using propecia. Im not using propecia again right now but am thinking about it. This should be safe right?
I don't know anything about Propecia, so I can't help you there. But you should be fine low dosing Form throughout the cycle. Personally, if I wasn't experiencing any sides which made me feel I needed to use it...I wouldn't use it. It can make recovery a bit more difficult, but I will have it on hand just in case. And I look forward to running some Form LV standalone here soon. I believe Trauma may have suggested somewhere in another thread that you may not even have to take it everyday, maybe every 2 or 3 days if you do enounter any problems. But I would certainly look into having some Sustain to run on cycle as well to help with libido and make recovery easier.

Eric Potratz

Eric Potratz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established

Yeah, a pure 1-andro product is certainly possible. Anyone else want this?

Since the 1T has DHEA I wouldnt say that it really has "anti-estrogenic" effects.. its kind of a wash in that regard.

-Eric

superone

Awards
  • Established
Eric, what i meant to ask is, is it safe to run low dose formastene on a long term basis while taking propecia? I dont want to take Propecia without adding something that is going to lower estrogen a bit, as propecia increases estrogen a bit. Sustain Alpha seems to be estrogenic for me instead of anti-estrogenic.

Will this be safe and will it shut me down? Thanks.

glockgod

glockgod

Awards
What about running a topical dht blocker while on this?

superone

Awards
  • Established
While on what? Im not running anything, im not going to run the 1-T. Can you please read my post again. Thanks.