1. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.62%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

sustain alpha 5on/2off versus everyday?

hey guys I have been using sustain alpha for awhile now. probabaly around 3 1/2 weeks or 3 weeks something like that (I haven't really been keeping track). Anyways I have been using the 5 on, 2off protocol but I am wondering what the advantage is to that versus using it every day? I have gotten in the habit of putting it on every morning after taking a shower and forgot to take the weekend off like usual. I am running 5 pumps/day if this makes a difference.

thanks, tex

BTW PP reps- this stuff is awesome with the combo of IGF-2 (my current stack in my sig)!!
    - Join Me: Tex89 M-Sten RX Log... Dicing that iron -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/222790-tex89s-msten-rx.html

2. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.39%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Its similar to products that have L-Dopa, you dont want to use it everyday continuously or your may desensitize to the products. Actually I'm playing with some SA, and going through random stashes of IGF-2, DTH, etc atm and its quite enjoyable.
  3. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.62%

Quote Originally Posted by Steveoph View Post
    Its similar to products that have L-Dopa, you dont want to use it everyday continuously or your may desensitize to the products. Actually I'm playing with some SA, and going through random stashes of IGF-2, DTH, etc atm and its quite enjoyable.
    yeah man the igf-2 and sustain is my favorite test boost stack of anything i've run this far.
    •   

4. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'3"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.38%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by TexasLifter89 View Post
    hey guys I have been using sustain alpha for awhile now. probabaly around 3 1/2 weeks or 3 weeks something like that (I haven't really been keeping track). Anyways I have been using the 5 on, 2off protocol but I am wondering what the advantage is to that versus using it every day? I have gotten in the habit of putting it on every morning after taking a shower and forgot to take the weekend off like usual. I am running 5 pumps/day if this makes a difference.

thanks, tex

BTW PP reps- this stuff is awesome with the combo of IGF-2 (my current stack in my sig)!!
    5 on 2off equals maintenance of libdio,if used everyday and libido goes down, use sustain on off days and pct of course!..thanks for the info on the igf-2 also texas!
    board supporter
  5. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'3"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.38%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Steveoph View Post
    yes!..i agree on this also!
    board supporter
  6. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.62%

Quote Originally Posted by bslick69b View Post
    5 on 2off equals maintenance of libdio,if used everyday and libido goes down, use sustain on off days and pct of course!..thanks for the info on the igf-2 also texas!
    wait... PCT with sustain alpha? Its a natural product though bobby.
  7. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.65%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

thanks, tex

Austin,

Glad to hear that you're enjoying the SA!

The protocol that we have outlined is specific for a few reasons. The most important thing to note is Resveratrol/7,8 Benzoflavone's effects on increased GnRH release from the hypothalmus. This further upregulates the release of LH and FSH from the anterior pituitary gland leading to increased testosterone production, as well as the ability to modulate the negative feedback mechanism at the hypothalmus itself through GABAergic modulation and estrogen blockage.

The protocol we've outlined allows this delivery and systemic effect system to remain sensitive within the body. If you used SA everyday, it will decrease the potency and magnitude of these desired effects over time. This occurs because the body will eventually develop tolerance and an increased threshold to the exogenous interventions that were put into place. The negative feedback system will eventually kick back into effect with a vengence, and will limit endogenous hormonal production as it's designed to in an effort to maintain homeostasis within the body.

Using SA on a 5 day on/2 day off protocol keeps the body slightly off balance in order to maintain sensitivity of these effects, as well as continue to mitigate the negative feedback mechanism effect.

Here's a quote from the SA product write-up:

The first ingredient in Sustain Alpha, that has recently become well known for its heart-health and life-extending benefits, is resveratrol. Aside from the noteworthy health benefits, resveratrol is an "estrogen blocker" because of its unique chemical structure which binds to the estrogen receptor, thus blocking estrogenic activity. (1,2) As discussed before, blocking estrogen can help increase LH & FSH levels.

The estrogen modulating effects of resveratrol have been proven to dramatically increase testosterone levels, fertility, and erection strength in several animal studies, without any side-effects. (3-4) Other research with resveratrol has uncovered its supportive role in healthy blood vessel function - a great benefit for any male interested in improving his heart-health and erection fullness. (4,9)

The second ingredient in Sustain Alpha is 7,8 Benzoflavone. This neuro-active flavone has the ability to pass the blood brain barrier and block the suppression GnRH release through modulation of the GABAergic receptor complex. (6,7,21-30)

7,8 Benzoflavone also has the unique ability to reduce production of potentially dangerous and cancer causing estrogenic metabolites, such as 4-hydroxylated quinines. (11) Other research has shown 7,8 benzoflavone to have positive effects on libido due to its aphrodisiac and anxiolytic (anxiety-relieving) effects. (10-13)

Let me know if you have any more questions, austin.

Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

8. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.65%

wait... PCT with sustain alpha? Its a natural product though bobby.
    I can assure you, no PCT is needed.

Surely it's a great product addition to any given individuals PCT regimen for endogenous hormonal (Testosterone) suppression, however.

Legendary

9. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.62%

thanks john! much appreciated. Was wondering if there was a scientific reason behind it or whether it was just something chosen to do.
  10. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.65%

thanks john! much appreciated. Was wondering if there was a scientific reason behind it or whether it was just something chosen to do.
    No problem.

Legendary

Similar Forum Threads

1. Sustain Alpha?!
    By mindset101 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-12-2010, 03:04 PM
  2. NEW Sustain Alpha, the BEST Has Become Even BETTER!
    By NutraPlanet CS in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-07-2009, 12:08 PM
  3. sustain alpha
    By insanity1 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-22-2009, 10:41 PM