Endoamp question...

biggfly

biggfly

Awards
  • Established
PP's endoamp is obviously a cortisol control supp...so question being would it be effective to dose Endo post workout due to cortisol levels being elevated from the rigors of a 1.5-2 hour wrkout or just save it for a PCT type regime??

bslick69b

bslick69b

Awards
  • Established
PP's endoamp is obviously a cortisol control supp...so question being would it be effective to dose Endo post workout due to cortisol levels being elevated from the rigors of a 1.5-2 hour wrkout or just save it for a PCT type regime??
EndoAmp a vital part of post cycle therapy (PCT) when preserving muscle mass and restoring natural testosterone production is of utmost importance.cortisol is released through everyday stress also.i would use it with post cycle,but its up to you.it would work well either way.and also you should look into sustain alpha to complement P.C.T!

biggfly

biggfly

Awards
  • Established
Ya I have 2 bottles of Toco and 2 bottles of S.A...just thought with the increased spike of cortisol due to a rigorous workout if a dose of Endoamp would be effective at post w.o times as well. But I will save it for my PCT. Thanks for the reply! OH, also, when dosing S.A during a 1-T/stack run for libido and to minimize suppression i know its 3 on 3 off or 4 and 2, but should it be 5-6 full pumps as well or smaller dosages until full blown PCT? Thanks...

bslick69b

bslick69b

Awards
  • Established
Ya I have 2 bottles of Toco and 2 bottles of S.A...just thought with the increased spike of cortisol due to a rigorous workout if a dose of Endoamp would be effective at post w.o times as well. But I will save it for my PCT. Thanks for the reply! OH, also, when dosing S.A during a 1-T/stack run for libido and to minimize suppression i know its 3 on 3 off or 4 and 2, but should it be 5-6 full pumps as well or smaller dosages until full blown PCT? Thanks...
since your at 5-6 pumps i would recommend to keep it that way until P.C.T!..how long is your cycle?

biggfly

biggfly

Awards
  • Established
its a 6 week cycle 1-T/Havoc. I have the extra bottle of S.A and Toco for On cycle, and one each for off plus the endoamp, plus I will prob throw in a small dose of Nolva(20/10/10/10) to speed up recovery a bit. Possible another test booster??

1-T: 5 pumps ED
Havoc: 40 mg Ed split am/pm(may bump to 50 weeks 4-6)
S.A :5 pumps 3 on/3 off
Toco: 1 scoop ED
Also cycle assist ED
all necessary supporting supps(Fishoils/multi/CLA/etc)

Last edited:
bslick69b

bslick69b

Awards
  • Established
its a 6 week cycle 1-T/Havoc. I have the extra bottle of S.A and Toco for On cycle, and one each for off plus the endoamp, plus I will prob throw in a small dose of Nolva(20/10/10/10) to speed up recovery a bit. Possible another test booster??
last 2-weeks you could drop down to 5 pumps!..until P.C.T!

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
An interesting theory to throw around is the aspects of cortisol elevation "during" long duration workouts. I remember reading a study looking at the effects of extended exercise and cortisol release in which the study reported cortisol increased in individual above the 75min mark.

If your workouts are going to be 1.5-2hr long then dosing EndoAmp during workouts may just be benefical as well. I hesitate to recommend in "on" cycle as the extra androgens would likely blunt any effect that prolong exercise would cause on cortisol. If you continue the same length of workouts into PCT then dosing some EndoAmp in the middle or tail end of your workouts could indeed be beneficial.

Just my thoughts.:thumbsup:

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
An interesting theory to throw around is the aspects of cortisol elevation "during" long duration workouts. I remember reading a study looking at the effects of extended exercise and cortisol release in which the study reported cortisol increased in individual above the 75min mark.

If your workouts are going to be 1.5-2hr long then dosing EndoAmp during workouts may just be benefical as well. I hesitate to recommend in "on" cycle as the extra androgens would likely blunt any effect that prolong exercise would cause on cortisol. If you continue the same length of workouts into PCT then dosing some EndoAmp in the middle or tail end of your workouts could indeed be beneficial.

Just my thoughts.:thumbsup:
I recall the studies showing a sharp spike after 45, not 75 minutres, but I didnt save the studies. Clearly the longer, the higher the cortisol will be. The question is where the disproportionate increase occurs. I agree that in long workouts (Ill go with you 75+ minutes) that EndoAmp would be a good option at the end of training. However my personal preference is for intense 45 minute workouts.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Seems like both duration and intensity have similiar effects(as Steveo alluded too). Best bet.... mid- workout doses.

Exercise and circulating cortisol levels: the intensity threshold effect.Hill EE, Zack E, Battaglini C, Viru M, Viru A, Hackney AC.
Endocrine Section, Applied Physiology Laboratory, Department of Exercise & Sport Science, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599, USA.

This study examined the influence of exercise intensity upon the cortisol response of the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal (HPA) axis. Specifically, we examined exercise at intensities of 40, 60, and 80% maximal oxygen uptake (VO2max) in an attempt to determine the intensity necessary to provoke an increase in circulating cortisol. Twelve active moderately trained men performed 30 min of exercise at intensities of 40, 60, and 80% of their VO2max, as well as a 30-min resting-control session involving no exercise on separate days. Confounding factors such as time of day--circadian rhythms, prior diet--activity patterns, psychological stress, and levels of exercise training were controlled. Cortisol and ACTH were assessed in blood collected immediately before (pre-) and after (post-) each experimental session. Statistical analysis involved repeated measures analysis of variance and Tukey post-hoc testing. The percent change in cortisol from pre- to post-sampling at each session was: resting-control, 40, 60, and 80% sessions (mean+/-SD) =-6.6+/-3.5%, +5.7+/-11.0%, +39.9+/-11.8%, and +83.1+/-18.5%, respectively. The 60% and 80% intensity magnitude of change was significantly greater than in the other sessions, as well as from one to another. The ACTH responses mirrored those of cortisol, but only the 80% exercise provoked a significant (p<0.05) increase pre- to post-exercise. The calculated changes in plasma volume for the resting-control, 40%, 60%, and 80% sessions were: +2.2+/-3.0%, -9.9+/-5.0%, -15.6+/-3.5%, and -17.2+/-3.3%, respectively. Collectively, the cortisol findings support the view that moderate to high intensity exercise provokes increases in circulating cortisol levels. These increases seem due to a combination of hemoconcentration and HPA axis stimulus (ACTH). In contrast, low intensity exercise (40%) does not result in significant increases in cortisol levels, but, once corrections for plasma volume reduction occurred and circadian factors were examined, low intensity exercise actually resulted in a reduction in circulating cortisol levels.

Influence of exercise duration on post-exercise steroid hormone responses in trained males.Tremblay MS, Copeland JL, Van Helder W.
Statistics Canada Tunney's Pasture, Main Building Room 2200, Section S, Ottawa, ON, K1A0T6, Canada. [email protected]

The purpose of this study was to systematically evaluate the effect of endurance exercise duration on hormone concentrations in male subjects while controlling for exercise intensity and training status. Eight endurance-trained males (19-49 years) completed a resting control session and three treadmill runs of 40, 80, and 120 min at 55% of VO2max . Blood samples were drawn before the session and then 1, 2, 3 and 4 h after the start of the run. Plasma was analyzed for luteinizing hormone (LH), dehydroepiandrosterone sulfate (DHEAS), cortisol, and free and total testosterone. LH was significantly greater at rest compared to the running sessions. Both free and total testosterone generally increased in the first hour of the 80 and 120 min runs and then showed a trend for a steady decline for the next 3 h of recovery. Dehydroepiandrosterone sulfate increased in a dose-response manner with the greatest increases observed during the 120-min run, followed by the 80-min run. Cortisol only increased in response to the 120-min run and showed a decline across time in all other sessions. The ratios of anabolic hormones (testosterone and DHEAS) to cortisol were greater during the resting session and the 40-min run compared to the longer runs. The results indicate that exercise duration has independent effects on the hormonal response to endurance exercise. At a low intensity, longer duration runs are necessary to stimulate increased levels of testosterone, DHEAS and cortisol and beyond 80 min of running there is a shift to a more catabolic hormonal environment.

Urban Monk

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Would this still be effective at half the dose listed? Basically 800 mg instead of 1600 mg daily?

If taken post-workout, should I still split doses, or just take all 1600 mg then?

Eric Potratz

Eric Potratz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Would this still be effective at half the dose listed? Basically 800 mg instead of 1600 mg daily?

If taken post-workout, should I still split doses, or just take all 1600 mg then?
I would take the EndoAmp with your most insulinemic meal. [high carb or largest protein meal of the day]

800mg EndoAmp would still likely provide benefit, maybe after running the full dose for a month you could run this lower dose as a maintenance dose.

-Eric

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
EndoAmp (PS) vs. Lean Xtreme vs. Retain?

As a cortisol blocker which would be best?

rxp1997

rxp1997

Awards
  • Established
little confused here: my bottle on endoamp clearly states for best result to take post-workout and in the morning on non-workout days.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
little confused here: my bottle on endoamp clearly states for best result to take post-workout and in the morning on non-workout days.
Cortisol levels are highest in the mornings and evenings. Post-workout cortisol levels are also relatively high. This is why it makes sense to take EndoAmp at those times.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Yes, those would be the best time periods to take EndoAmp. We base these recommendations on the time/situation based physiologic response of the hormone. Cortisol levels will rise during the early morning hours right before you get up to start your day. Mitigating (not destroying) the increased cortisol effect in the A.M. will help keep your body in a more anabolic state throughout the day.

Anytime a significant stressor is introduced to the body (of both physical and/or psychological components), increases in serum cortisol levels take effect as a result of our bodies response. This is why we also recommend taking this post-workout on days that you do lift weights. The physical demands and stress placed upon your body will result in release of cortisol. If this state is left to propagate, it can significantly affect potential muscle gains.

rxp1997

rxp1997

Awards
  • Established
Cortisol levels are highest in the mornings and evenings. Post-workout cortisol levels are also relatively high. This is why it makes sense to take EndoAmp at those times.

I know; I just couldn't fathom why no one from PP told the OP that, and them PP suggests the most insulinemic meal, so i was thrown for a curve...

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I know; I just couldn't fathom why no one from PP told the OP that, and them PP suggests the most insulinemic meal, so i was thrown for a curve...
The point of taking EndoAmp with an insulinemic meal is to enhance delivery (through the powerful effects of the insulin hormone) of the PS at the cellular level. This propagates the degree of physiological utilization and subsequent response.